| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lost Ninja
CompleXion Industries
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 16:20:00 -
[1]
Running a: Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) 1Gb Ram Geforce FX 5900XT (128Mb)
Ubuntu 6.10/Wine compiled for EVE
In the station I have no problems, can do anything I want only draging windows around gives any problems and that lags a fair bit. However once I enter space after about 30-45 secs the PC freezes and I have to hard reset.
Any advice to make it work?
I fully plan on making the change on my main machine but want to get it running on the old PC first. _________________________________________________________
Complexion Industries
|

Lost Ninja
CompleXion Industries
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 16:20:00 -
[2]
Running a: Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) 1Gb Ram Geforce FX 5900XT (128Mb)
Ubuntu 6.10/Wine compiled for EVE
In the station I have no problems, can do anything I want only draging windows around gives any problems and that lags a fair bit. However once I enter space after about 30-45 secs the PC freezes and I have to hard reset.
Any advice to make it work?
I fully plan on making the change on my main machine but want to get it running on the old PC first. _________________________________________________________
Complexion Industries
|

Lost Ninja
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 16:20:00 -
[3]
Running a: Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) 1Gb Ram Geforce FX 5900XT (128Mb)
Ubuntu 6.10/Wine compiled for EVE
In the station I have no problems, can do anything I want only draging windows around gives any problems and that lags a fair bit. However once I enter space after about 30-45 secs the PC freezes and I have to hard reset.
Any advice to make it work?
I fully plan on making the change on my main machine but want to get it running on the old PC first. _________________________________________________________ Now posting with my alt 
|

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 17:19:00 -
[4]
Sounds like it could be a hardware problem... tried hitting ctrl-shift-f1 and seeing if the terminal comes up, then using it to kill the process?
If the terminal won't come up, its likely something overheated or the like.
-[23] Member-
EVE-Trance Radio! (DSTrance channel ingame) |

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 17:19:00 -
[5]
Sounds like it could be a hardware problem... tried hitting ctrl-shift-f1 and seeing if the terminal comes up, then using it to kill the process?
If the terminal won't come up, its likely something overheated or the like.
-[23] Member-
EVE-Trance Radio! (DSTrance channel ingame) |

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 17:19:00 -
[6]
Sounds like it could be a hardware problem... tried hitting ctrl-shift-f1 and seeing if the terminal comes up, then using it to kill the process?
If the terminal won't come up, its likely something overheated or the like.
EVE-Trance Radio--The EVE Textboard |

Sable Lowell
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 22:01:00 -
[7]
Keep in mine you're using 6.1, not 6.06. There are still a lot of problems with 6.1
|

Sable Lowell
Gallente EVE-RESEARCH
|
Posted - 2007.02.08 22:01:00 -
[8]
Keep in mine you're using 6.1, not 6.06. There are still a lot of problems with 6.1
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics Eden's Fire
|
Posted - 2007.02.09 01:03:00 -
[9]
I'm with DS on this one, this sounds like overheating somewhere, perhaps with the video card. I had a 6600GT that worked flawlessly...until it was stressed, and it quickly overheated causing the system to completely lock up.
I'm running EVE under cedega, and also running under wine on 6.10 with NO lockup or other system issues whatsoever. nforce4 moboard amd 3800 x2 dualcore 2gig corsair ram in dual channel mode 7950GT eVGA video 512 meg ram.
The only EVE crashes I have are connection timeout (read: ISP) related.
Cedega currently has the better fps, but wine isn't unplayable.
The lockups could also be memory related (bad ram)...or even the dreaded "moboard is dyin".
Ubuntu 3d-Linux Desktop+EVE |

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.02.09 01:03:00 -
[10]
I'm with DS on this one, this sounds like overheating somewhere, perhaps with the video card. I had a 6600GT that worked flawlessly...until it was stressed, and it quickly overheated causing the system to completely lock up.
I'm running EVE under cedega, and also running under wine on 6.10 with NO lockup or other system issues whatsoever. nforce4 moboard amd 3800 x2 dualcore 2gig corsair ram in dual channel mode 7950GT eVGA video 512 meg ram.
The only EVE crashes I have are connection timeout (read: ISP) related.
Cedega currently has the better fps, but wine isn't unplayable.
The lockups could also be memory related (bad ram)...or even the dreaded "moboard is dyin".
Ubuntu 3d-Linux Desktop+EVE |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |