| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Madrax573
No.1 Crazy Fighter Squadron
34
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 05:40:52 -
[31] - Quote
Memphis Baas wrote: Anyway, there are other games, EVE is special but not unique.
I'd label it the other way around. EVE is unique but not special 
For me Elite dangerous is my 'other' space game. So if Eve stopped then I'd probably just dedicate my time to that.
If Eve never existed......then I think the MMO space would be pretty much wow and it's clone so I don't think I'd be playing online much at all.
Spewing Fire - my blog
|

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
154
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 07:52:36 -
[32] - Quote
Silvan Khartek wrote:What would you be playing, if EVE wasn't around anymore?
Any games remotely similar? even if not space related?
Russian Roulette. |

Anke Eyrou
Hades Sisters
65
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 08:54:28 -
[33] - Quote
I'd be playing WOW, it was only by chance I saw an advert in a computer mag for EVE and thought I'd give it a go. That was 6 years ago. Still haven't played WOW.
I expect to get this post deleted or locked. So much for freedom of expression.
|

Chopper Rollins
Lantean Empire
1311
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 11:15:53 -
[34] - Quote
Saw a documentary about Second Life and gave that a try. It looked awful, was boring and needed too much CPU. People kept calling me a Goon because unlike everybody else's tall slim avatar i was a naked midget with insect eyes and mud landscape as a skin texture, a sunset as face texture completed the ensemble. Saw a real Goon crapping on a table and understood. Gave it up after 2 weeks. Church of the SubGenius had a link to 4Chan for .gifs. 4Chan had a thread on what you fly in Eve, saw that old item .jpg of an Incursus and the guy said he was an anti-pirate, suggesting you could do what you want. Ten days later i was hooked forever, first by the beauty, then by the freedom, then by the hardship.
TLDR i'm not even a gamer, never was, no Eve would mean no computer games.
Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.
|

Lachra
Riggers
160
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 11:26:38 -
[35] - Quote
I would probably have mastered the 'X' series games. Wonderful games, but I don't have the time to invest in both EVE and X3 or X: Rebirth. |

Qen Tye
QTs Casa
58
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 12:13:46 -
[36] - Quote
Playing Warlords 2 through DosBox, when not EVE and SWTOR :D
Will always find some games to play.
Two possibilities exists:
Either we are alone in the universe-áor we are not.
Both are equally terrifying.
|

Kamahl Daikun
Back To Basics. Tactical Supremacy
121
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 13:52:11 -
[37] - Quote
I'd probably go back to FF14. Get the rest of my classes to 60, finish the new relic quests. Then quit. Then I'd go back to Path of Exile, try out the Ice Bite Flicker Strike build I've been meaning to start. Get that to higher tier maps, probably lvl 80+, then quit.
After that, play some single player games until I get back into FF14 or PoE again, then start it all over.
I haven't even really been logging into Eve. I check my skill queue on my phone but I don't have enough time to devote to a fleet anymore. With FF14 and PoE, I only need about 20-30 minutes at a time. Can't just break in the middle of a roam and come back without missing anything. |

Cidanel Afuran
Static-Noise Upholders
674
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 14:59:35 -
[38] - Quote
I've loved Subnautica so far. It's pre-alpha, but for how early it is it's an amazing game so far. I am hoping it actually turns out the way I think it will in the next few years |

Pandora Carrollon
Kingsman Tailors
131
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 14:59:52 -
[39] - Quote
I still play other games as well, so I'd just move back to those. I play SWTOR and WoW. There's a new Masters of Orion out so I might give that a go, or pick up something else.
Given the list of games people have mentioned on this thread, I think CCP is fully aware of the competition out there and it's interesting that they have a game that can still attract such a diverse crowd and keep them coming back. I think that speaks nicely for the company and the game.
On a wishlist side, I wish someone could come out with an MMO version of Starfleet Command. Of all the space games I've participated in, that one had the deepest tactical depth.
Be Positive GÇó Change yourself first, New Eden will come later GÇó EVE is Awesome GÇó CCP isn't the enemy GÇó Players are people too GÇó Where're the clothing blueprints GÇó Yeah, I'm still learning this game
-- Pandora's Rules to EVE by
|

Violet Hurst
Fedaya Recon
75
|
Posted - 2016.04.06 20:28:36 -
[40] - Quote
...dug up system shock 2 again the other day. All that stuff about the Dark Engine's source code is pretty funny. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |