| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kalhan
|
Posted - 2003.06.04 20:30:00 -
[1]
EVE constelation: Systems: Exit. Central point. Dead end. Promise Land. New Eden.
Has anyone been there? is there anything special or good there?
|

Ronyo Dae'Loki
|
Posted - 2003.06.04 21:18:00 -
[2]
New Eden has the EVE gate (wormhole). Right now it's just part of the background but apparently it will eventually be a VERY dangerous object to get near (or perhaps even look at). The wormhole itself outshines the sun in that system.
If you go to the "Dead End" gate in Central Point there is a large Blood Reavers' base--two abandoned Amarr stations and an Abandoned Mining Colony. There are several respawning cargo containers and a LOT of lower-level pirates.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. ------------- My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants. I <3 ( . Y . ) |

Kalhan
|
Posted - 2003.06.04 21:21:00 -
[3]
So is this a place worth exploring for items and stuff?
|

Wrangler
|
Posted - 2003.06.05 00:09:00 -
[4]
Low level pirates usually means that there's not so good stuff there. Haven't been there and checked it though..
[Read the Rules!] - [Email the Moderators] |

Ronyo Dae'Loki
|
Posted - 2003.06.05 00:56:00 -
[5]
Last time I was there *THIS COULD HAVE CHANGED* there was decent stuff there (not crappy, not awesome).
They were easy pirates but there were a LOT of them.
The important thing though is the New Eden system, it's worth going there just to see the sights. ------------- My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants. I <3 ( . Y . ) |

AngelMonk
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 17:31:00 -
[6]
Edited by: AngelMonk on 23/07/2003 17:31:19
|

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 17:39:00 -
[7]
One night, after perfecting my station-idle-stare-at-my-ship technique I decided to head out 37 jumps to New Eden.
Boy, was I freaked out when I got there.
First of all, the whole constellation is creepy. Like being in a ghost town.
Once I got to New Eden, some crazy ambient humming/resonating sound started playing in the background. There is only one planet, and one star, and one gate. No other nav points. The gate itself is probably a 3D object (glowing ball) because it does resonate and such.. but there is no possible way to warp to it. The closest you can get is by warping to the star, and even then the size doesnt change. Presumably its IMMENSE and over 40AU from anything in the system.
I sat there for over an hour just staring at it like a drunken money (no offense to the drunkards and/or monkeys out there).
Took some screenshots and headed back home. Here are some of the good screenies if you dont mind a spoiler:
http://eve.klaki.net/screens/DC/ _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

Drake Ramirez
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 18:18:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Drake Ramirez on 23/07/2003 18:20:49 I did try getting close to the collapsed wormhole but got bored after a while - couple of screenshots of it here http://www.brassic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/eve/gate/index.htm
Also somewhere around those systems listed is the Black Monolith but I'll let you find it - some screenshots of it here http://www.brassic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/eve/monolith/index.htm
Drake Ramirez When everything else is said and done, there will be nothing else to say or do... |

Klydor
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 18:55:00 -
[9]
Theres more details to be had about the EVE construct if you read the POTW archive and also the articles no jump technology etc.
Intresting reads and nice additions to the background of eve :)
|

loci
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 18:59:00 -
[10]
a black monolith at dead end
|

Drake Ramirez
|
Posted - 2003.07.23 19:33:00 -
[11]
doh loci u spoilin' my fun 
Drake Ramirez When everything else is said and done, there will be nothing else to say or do... |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |