| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 13:51:00 -
[1]
Ok I know you guys get a ton of these but I had to post it. Thursday or Friday sitting at home sick, having called into work, I got bored while mission running in a drake. IĘd fly into lvl 3s never go below 50% shield even with full aggą.it gets old quick. So out of absolute boredom I created a new character on one of my alts accounts that I do not use much and thus begins my acts of piracy.
I examined the various frigates versus the starter character skills, and I decided on a Gallente Soldier. She popped out with gunnery 5 and small hybrids 5. Perfect, I went to my industrialist character, built 5 IncursusĘ. I immediately hopped in one realized I had tons of fitting issues, but I made a fitąkindaą Then I flew to low sec, I soon found a Hulk mining in a ice field, I proceeded to attackąPOPąoopsąwas a bit too jumpy, I was still in the system before low sec. I should have known. Loss #1.
I returned, got my next ship. This time made it to low sec, evaded a gate camp. Found 2 nanophoonsąand attacked. I lasted maybe 10 secondsą Loss #2
Here I realized that low sec might not be the way to go in a low SP T1 frig. Okąnow whatąI got it! Can theft! I flew to a well populated system and proceeded to steal from, bump, orbit, and just all around annoy the locals. It was not long before I got a Dessy to fire on me. I returned fire, got him into structure and then he warped offąohąrightąwarp scrams. Damn it. So I went off and trained to use warp scrams.
From there I found I had more issues with fits due to AB/Warp scram/web ect. I kept training for fits and such got better over the day or two. Then I returned to the system and proceeded to annoy the locals again. This time I got a Kessy, to steal from me, I charged over there, scrammed him and pounded awayąa moment latter Pop! Kill #1. Woot!
I proceeded to attack a Harpy: Loss # 3. A faction frig that got away from me, and told me in local that he was coming back with a much bigger ship that I would run from as soon as I sawą in warps a Nighthawkąand I attack! Loss #4.
Carrying on with my antics, I got a Iteron mark V to agg on me. Having no warp scram due to fittings, I webbed and bumped until he popped. <<<proud of that one Kill #2
Got taken out by a Punisher, then another Dessy took me out. I took out a mining Merlin (who does that?) Then I traveled to another system this time in Catalyst dessy. Took out a retriever that put up a good fight with drones. Then his buddy came back with a Caracal and took me out.
All and allą some of the most fun I have had in Eve!
http://dki.evehub.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37680
|

Lagerstars
Caldari Brains For The Brainless Ltd
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 14:03:00 -
[2]
Sounds cool, welcome to Eve :D
There is no better way than having fun in cheap, throw away T1 Frigs :) Your post amused me with the wording as well lol, look forward to more posts with kills as you learn more and more :)
|

Plaetean
Infinitus Odium Curse Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 14:08:00 -
[3]
PvP > PvE -----
|

Nero Ya'ng
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 14:15:00 -
[4]
nice to read :)
btw: i also have a merlin for mining, you can put 2 techII laser on it and jetcanmine at a nice speed.
but got a destroyer now to jetcanmining.
got stolen my ore whis weekend, and when i got the thief down to structure he reminded me to skill the warpsrambler by simply warp out^^
|

Jarjar
Celestial Apocalypse Insurgency
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 14:16:00 -
[5]
Good post. 
"In Communist China ISK buys YOU!!" - random bio |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 19:05:00 -
[6]
Today while changing a skill over I realized I had mail from someone I didnĘt knową reading it I realized it was my first ōhate mailö Now to be honest it was not truly hate mail, really it was a threat, however, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy insideą kinda like I ate a carebareą It read something like this:
ōGood job destroying my miner, now I am gunna get my warbird and hunt you. Consider yourself warnedö
My first thought wasą ōYAY something to shoot at!ö 
http://dki.evehub.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37680
|

Mazzazuri
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 19:09:00 -
[7]
i want to kill you 
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 19:16:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Mazzazuri i want to kill you 
Ok! I will even come to low sec if your security status doesnĘt allow for you to come to me. I will fight you no matter what you fly. However I donĘt like to travel too far from Caldri space, as its where all my spare ships are. Also keep in mind I fly T1 frigs and dessys with crap fits so I wonĘt give much of a fight to an experience pirate. Sometimesą you just have to be suicidal to enjoy life.  http://dki.evehub.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37680
|

Samirol
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 19:18:00 -
[9]
its a slippery slope, before you know it, you wont be mission running anymore and you will be pirating full time
Listen to Dev Radio! |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 19:20:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Samirol its a slippery slope, before you know it, you wont be mission running anymore and you will be pirating full time
Already happened...haven't run a mish since I created this character last week.
http://dki.evehub.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37680
|

Dread Operative
SniggWaffe Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2007.02.19 19:25:00 -
[11]
Always good to see people succumb to the dark side. _________________________________________________________
I, Dread Operative, hereby declare this to be a signature.  |

T'Renn
Crimson Squall
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 10:53:00 -
[12]
I love the part about attacking the nanophoons and the nighthawk. I had three rifters try to jump me the other day. I thought it was so cute that I let them live. I didn't even shoot back - just giggled and jumped.
You're funny. Keep it up. --
Wanna be a low-sec scumbag? |

Lady Ganker
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 11:09:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Darcy Killar
Look me= piwate
get to low sec and get some real kills
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 12:40:00 -
[14]
Last night was probably the most fun I have had as of yet. With in 10 minutes of getting online I find a group consisting of and Osprey, an Omen, and a couple few barges mining into a jet can. Yay! My chance of living through this one isąum 10% maybe. So I steal from the can, the Omen and Osprey begin to fire, soon I have to warp out but not before I took out all their drones. We begin to chat a bit in local, also I began talking to someone who recognized me from here (if you are reading this then Hello!) I head back iną All thatĘs left there is One barge and he Ospreyą odd. But no matter, I attack the Osprey and quickly proceed to get him to structure. I offered my first ransom, however no response, so I proceed to blow up the Osprey. I sit there by the can, bumping and generally annoying the barge that is left as it hadnĘt fired on me, when two drakes warp in. One being the pilot of the Osprey, I quickly take a lot of damage and have to warp out. Now, chatting in local they inform me that they have called in more reinforcements (in the for of a Rohk and a Raven), and that I should come back to the belt. I of course can not resist the call back to the belt! Upon arriving there really is a Rohk, a Raven, and one Drake, all of which lock me but do not have agg so they do not fire. Not long after the Raven gets bored of me bumping him or just bored in general and leaves, but the Rohk almost 40km away and the drake sitting on top of me remain locked. Chatting in local some more I tell the former Osprey Pilot to come back with his Drake so we can fight it out (yes me in my Incurus wanted to duel one on one with a Drake) He arrived back in the belt approximately 10 seconds after the aggression counter ran out. Damn, now I gotta get agg again. Ok there is a can that the barge is still mining into that has his name right on it. So I steal the lootąąą wrong can, the Rohk and other Drake open up and I have long enough to see Conord come in and Blow up the Drake I was trying to duel. After a bit of confusion about the Concording, I have to say this was amazingly fun, these were great people to chat with in Local, thancks for being good sports guys, especially to the guy who lost and Osprey and a Drake
Results Me: Scratch one Osprey Rohk/Drake: Scratch one Me Concord: Scratch one Drake
Oddly enough that was only my first encounter of 3 with Drakes last eveningą and only the first of which that ended in the Drake being Concorded. The second followed an hour latter while I was wandering belts stealing ore. Apparently I made someone mad and while flying around a Drake targets me (I figured he was ratting and I had stole his wreck or something) a couple missiles fly my shields drop to nothing, I charge iną then POP. Concord showed up and he was gone. So I took the liberty of relieving his wreck of all loot and moving on. =)
To you who tells me to go to low sec, I did last night, however it was not very fruitful. I mostly found no one there at all. Then I found someone on Auto pilot in a Caracal, fire! POP!...ohąrightąsentry guns damną
Ammar Sentry Gun: Scratch one Me.
Concord: Scratch ANOTHER Drake on my account.
My final encounter involved someone telling me that if I stole their ore they have buddies in battlecruisers that would show up and take me out. So I of course, stole his ore, and proceeded to sit right next to it waiting for the battle cruiser to show upą what shows up butą a badgerą It takes the ore I transferred over and I jam and pop it destroying the rest of the ore. Again I proceed to **** there informing him in local or which belt I am in so he can send in this battlecruiser (which at this point I did not believe existed) a few seconds latter a drake warps in and sends out some drones, I target the drones first, and proceed to blow them up, and then get blown up by the Drakes missiles. Afterwards I chatted in local with the two folks that were in on it who were both quite new. http://dki.evehub.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37680
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 12:41:00 -
[15]
I gave them both some advice on their methods (mostly on the Drake and how to fit it as this is what my other Main flies, thatĘs right my other main, I am not an alt anymore) So in the end:
Me: Scratch one Badger Drake/Badger Pilot: Scratch one Me.
So in the end I killed, an Osprey and a Badger (badger badger badgerąsorry had to) Concord Killed 2 Drakes for firing on me. I lost 2 IncurusĘ and 1 Catalyst.
All and all a great time, and definitely met some great people, a big thank you to every one out there who was smart and no mean to me needlessly! Especially to those who gave me a good fight!
And in closing I will quote one person I stole from:
ōStealing is healthyö
 http://dki.evehub.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37680
|

Hellraker
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 19:26:00 -
[16]
I think it was my Punisher that took you out on that first night. I had a feeling that you were surprisingly decisive and well-fitted for a new player 
It was a good fight and I am glad you are enjoying the dark side!
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 20:01:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Darcy Killar on 20/02/2007 19:58:16
Originally by: Hellraker I think it was my Punisher that took you out on that first night. I had a feeling that you were surprisingly decisive and well-fitted for a new player 
It was a good fight and I am glad you are enjoying the dark side!
Well thank you! It was definetly a good fight! 
Also to everyone else, feel free to comment in my killboard!! http://dki.evehub.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=37680
|

Melystus
Gallente Legio Immortalis
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 20:47:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Melystus on 20/02/2007 20:43:40 Hmm, 84% efficiency on your boards. Congrats. Not at all a bad start.
_______________________________________________________________ Melystus Recruitment Officer - Legio Immortalis |

Zanthia Merithor
Minmatar WolfPack Guild
|
Posted - 2007.02.20 21:53:00 -
[19]
ha ha! I started a throwaway alt for the same purpose and shot down a Brutix in my Rifter... after taking no damage at all. He hit me once, and my sheilds recharged!
Then, 3 Caracals jump in and i'm like oh crap and then I see "Flameburst light missle hits you lightly for 10.7 damage"
I warped out laughing.
4/\/\/\/\49 4/\/<| 4/\/\/\/\4749 493 73|-| 5uXX09x |

Nero Ya'ng
Caldari YaFa Empires
|
Posted - 2007.02.23 06:34:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Nikells I had a run in with Darcy last weekend...
... the 2 tiny turrets I fitted on my destroyer to fend off 0.9 sec NPC pirates with. Stupid right? ...
oups?? i mine since a few days in 0.9 system, and i neva met a NPC pirate there, i mine there without having a single gun or rocket with me, just me the roids and my mining lasers :P
@ the worst pirate in eve i want a duell this weekend :) want some action, have the money to loose another ship :P
|

Siang
|
Posted - 2007.02.23 13:41:00 -
[21]
love your stories!
You inspire me......... mmmmmm, yaaaa, high sec pirating aya......... like it! 
|

Landrassa
|
Posted - 2007.02.23 15:25:00 -
[22]
Great stories, especially how you're as enthusiastic about getting blown up as making a kill :-) Who knows, maybe we'll run into one another some day ;-)
|

Fafnir Drake
Boob Heads
|
Posted - 2007.02.23 15:36:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Darcy Killar
Originally by: Mazzazuri i want to kill you 
Ok! I will even come to low sec if your security status doesnĘt allow for you to come to me. I will fight you no matter what you fly. However I donĘt like to travel too far from Caldri space, as its where all my spare ships are. Also keep in mind I fly T1 frigs and dessys with crap fits so I wonĘt give much of a fight to an experience pirate. Sometimesą you just have to be suicidal to enjoy life. 
lol, QFT? Funny posts, nice writing style, all around A. :) I dare you to face my battle iteron!  Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.23 20:26:00 -
[24]
I am now officially a week old! And as of last night, the cause of a war!!! ThatĘs right folks, little olĘ me started a war. Apparently that Scorp I attacked a few nights back didnĘt take so kindly to me shoot at him and sent my CEO a letter informing him that he had been attacked by me. Mind you he had to shoot first in order for me to attack him but none the lessą 
Also last night I had a good little fight with someone who knew me from the forums, lasted all of 10 seconds before his rocket Kessy took me out! Great guy, great convo and fight lots of fun!!
Also latter that night I wandered off to explore a bit, found a couple miners in a belt about 8 jumps from home, where I proceeded to transfer their can to mine. One barge warped out, along with their hauler, the other just sat there for a few min. A little bit latter a Vexor warps back in and engages drones and everythingąWOOT! I get to try my hand against a pretty decent cruiser! So I head over there and start shooting, did pretty well tooąuntil a Ammar Assault Frig warps in and starts shootin at me too! That was a far to much for me and I went POP! Another fun fight, and followed by another fun conversation.
Sorry about this post itĘs a bit rushed, as I am on my way out but I wanted to post my latest fun! More to come soon!
PS. Due to my recent war dec, which will have started by the time I get back to my computer tonight, I am recruiting anyone who wishes to shoot things in T1 frigs or Dessys and just all and all have some fun with it!!! If you want of course, I would also love to have some more people in my corp channel to chat with other then myself (not entirely true there is more then me but our play times donĘt match up) so if anyone wants to come along on a few adventures of mine drop me an Eve mail!! If not, thenądonĘt? lol Off for some loooong driven!

About me! My kills! |

Seizure Hater
|
Posted - 2007.02.24 00:53:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Seizure Hater on 24/02/2007 00:52:10 I tried my first act of piracy last night in 0.5 space. I took one of my old frigs and put some guns that I got wile rat hunting on it. I went to an empty astroid field free of rats. I decided to fire upon a cargo container. I targeted the unlucky container, ignored the are you sure message, and opened fire. Then like 5 seconds later Concord shows up and says hi in a trigger happy way. I blew almost instantly. First thing I thought was "WTF! Where the hell did they come from!?". The only thing from Concord I've seen in that system was a bunch of customs ships hugging the jump-gates and yet a whole fleet shows up. So I flew my pod to the station to get into my current ship so I could get my other old frig. I wasn't completely aware of how the npc law-enforcement works. So I just leave the station and started setting the autopilot since it was going to be a long fight. A minute later the station's turrets open fire on me and destroyed my ship. With all the models the ship was worth at least 1,000,000 ISK. To make matters worse My cargo hold had between 1-2 million ISK worth of loot I got from killing rats. The lesson I learned is that if the aggression counter is red either hide, or don't leave the station until it reaches 0. After this I decided to make an alt so I could make my own ships and equipment to help pay the cost of future pirating adventures that I may have. Two questions for ya: first how you live doing this in high sec when you do something like this and second how far into low sec do you have to go before Concord doesn't exist? |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.24 02:04:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Seizure Hater Two questions for ya: first how you live doing this in high sec when you do something like this and second how far into low sec do you have to go before Concord doesn't exist?
Ok high sec piracy is a bit more complicated then point and shoot (that works perfectly in 0.0) Basically n high sec you need to steal something from them to give them the right to shoot at you, or you need to get them to steal from you so that you have the right to shoot at them. Basically you know that you have the right to shoot at them when their entire name in the overview is flashing red. Now to clarify what high sec is it is 0.5-1.0. Concord will hunt you down for anything illegal here and you will lose security status. Low security is 0.1-0.4 this space you can shoot at anyone but you still lose security status and the turrets near the gates and stations will still shoot you if you are a global criminal (red aggression counter). 0.0, basically do what you want when you want until someone bigger comes along and womps you... at least as far as I know, I have no experience in 0.0 except from what I have read in the forums. (also no comments on BoB being smaller then ASCN, bigger was not meant to be taken literately.)
So for a quick recap.
1.0-0.5, steal stuff to get them to shoot you or get them to steal stuff so you can shoot them
0.4-0.1, shoot whoever you want but watch out for security loss and turrets.
0.0 NBSI (not blue shoot it, alliance term used for protecting territory, in other words if the standing of the person you see is not high enough with the alliance then shoot it, don't ask questions, just shoot it)
Hope that helps! Any other questions just ask!! About me! My kills! |

Seizure Asistant
|
Posted - 2007.02.24 04:04:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Seizure Asistant on 24/02/2007 04:01:21 Thanks that advice sure sounds good; I'll try that tomarow. Edit: Sorry I just posted in my ALT. I'm Seizure Hater.
|

Stakhanov
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.02.24 04:42:00 -
[28]
By the way , it is not even allowed to escape from Concord. If you manage to make it alive after a crime in highsec , GMs might kill your ship.
|

Seizure Hater
|
Posted - 2007.02.24 05:23:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Stakhanov By the way , it is not even allowed to escape from Concord. If you manage to make it alive after a crime in highsec , GMs might kill your ship.
That dosn't sound right; you got away far and square. They arn't suposed to do that. |

Mitshubi
|
Posted - 2007.02.24 15:04:00 -
[30]
hehe, I just killed you because you did an error, you steal someone's ore and he cry for that, so I go in belts and I found you, just locked and scramble + web. But after that you had chance, like in the station at jita you wen out just when it starts to lag ... I hope we will find other corpmate's doing those stupids things.
|

T'Renn
Crimson Squall
|
Posted - 2007.02.25 08:49:00 -
[31]
It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday Darcy and not kill you. --
Wanna be a low-sec scumbag? |

Arekhon
Minmatar Mutually Assured Distraction
|
Posted - 2007.02.25 09:40:00 -
[32]
Good reads......cheap piracy FTW!!!! Have a couple of m8s that just fly rifters....no T2 either they are only a couple months old. Cheers to you guys who frig pirate
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.26 14:43:00 -
[33]
So I return after an eventful weekend (over all really, I am exhausted!) My weekend consisted of many many losses. Most of them, amusing really. My Friday evening started with my war targets chasseing me out of my home system. I got them to follow me half way through low sec towards Gallente space (was really really hoping there would be a gate camp, but alas there was not) eventually they gave up but I kept going. Decided to start trying out low sec a bit more. My whole weekend was spent there my adventures are as follows:
With in a few min of gateing into (Egg something or other??) I get a privet convo from someone who has been reading my stories here who was also in the system. He tells me about a Navy Apoc that is belt ratting in the system. He says we should try and make history by taking it down with our pair of cheap ships. I think to myself: ō1.5 mil ISK worth history? Nopeąbut it sure would be worth the laughs! Ok lets go!ö We scan the Apoc down, and he warps in first, I follow seconds latter, landing right on top of the Apoc (perfect for me, bad for my friend) With in seconds of me warping in my friend gets toasted and I get a look at one of the most Beautiful ships in Eve. I orbit as close as I can and open up with my tiny blasters, take his shield down a ways (now I am sure he wasnĘt a shield tank so I doubt this is impressive) and he starts firing on me. Oddly enough I find I am dying really slowly compared to what I expectedąuntil he gets a wrecking shot. POP! One loss of many this weekend, only dessy I lost though (only dessy I flew.)
So after I leave and come back with a new ship (obviously waiting out my criminal count down) I hear in local ōGF second one of those in three months I have lostö come from the guy in the Navy Apoc. I smile a bit and canĘt help but wonder why he was belt ratting ALONE in a Navy Apoc. I mean I do suicidal things all the time, but in an Incursus, I lose maybe 300k a POP! (hard to say ōpopö with out the exclamation point and caps) but I could NEVER afford to use a (insert huge price here) Navy Apoc belt ratting alone!
Not long after I was honored to be spared by TĘRenn, who I warped in on blastin away at someone, told me in local to get out. Took me a min as I was talking to my corp mate and wasnĘt paying attention. But realizing I was being told to warp out I did doąquickly! A big thanks to TĘRenn for the compliments and not killing me!! (though had you popped me it would be an honor as well!!)
Latter wandering the belts I come across a low end Gallente cruiser floating there, lock, load, fire, structure. Convo and ransom him, he is very very very confused. I check his history, noob corp, 15 days old. Right. I tell him to stay in 0.5-1.0 space until he learns a bit more about Eve. Briefly explain system security status and send him on his way. Seconds latter while I sit in the belt scanning various directions and suck an Osprey warps in right on top of meą I blinkąthen press buttons, Lock, orbit, fire, scram, convo, ransom. I ransomed cheaply 1 mil Isk, knowing I donĘt really need it and just wanting really to be able to say I had ransomed someone. Goes off with out a hitch, sends me 1 mil ISK I un scram he warps away, I am happy.
I follow up my gain on 1 mil ISK by promptly losing it via various stupidity and suicidal ideas: Another Typhoon (TII drones are deathąjust death), a Drake, attempting to get an Auto Piloting badger at a gate, hunting capital ships (yes I was warping to every system with a Cyno trying to find something really big to shoot atąI failed) Had a good fight with a Rifter that I got to structure who then MWDed away from me and warped (needąwebąneedąwebąneedącpu)
All in all not good nor bad weekend, just over all sillyness and fun!!
 About me! My kills! |

Ilea Celentay
Veiled Justice
|
Posted - 2007.02.27 16:43:00 -
[34]
I am sure I have seen you around... Anyway...
Sounds like your doing ok. My corporation operated around the same systems as you do, doing what you do.
Are you training skills now on this character? I know you made your own corporation and stuff, but if your interested we would like like minded and polite members in our corporation, you would be a welcome addition.
Anyway, so as not to drag this off topic I will contact you in game, or if you can figure out my email, you can write, and discuss what could happen.
Otherwise, see you in space.
Faction Ship Info || Rig Factory |

Soporo
|
Posted - 2007.02.27 18:17:00 -
[35]
Your just plain nuts, sounds like you would like the Goonies, they happen to be c r a c k crazy too. |

T'Renn
Crimson Squall
|
Posted - 2007.02.27 19:53:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Darcy Killar
Not long after I was honored to be spared by TĘRenn, who I warped in on blastin away at someone, told me in local to get out. Took me a min as I was talking to my corp mate and wasnĘt paying attention. But realizing I was being told to warp out I did doąquickly! A big thanks to TĘRenn for the compliments and not killing me!! (though had you popped me it would be an honor as well!!)
Well I wasn't about to pop you but I wasn't exactly alone in that belt and I fly with bloodthirsty animals who don't read the forums or know the Legend of Darcy Killar  --
Wanna be a low-sec scumbag? |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.27 21:15:00 -
[37]
Typically when 3 ships start to lock me and there are 10 of them all red flashy on my overview IąAttack! But since you told me to warp out I thought IĘd be nice and spare you all the wrath of my three Light Ion Guns! I would have taken you all!... Hehe yeah if I had stayed I think it may have been the fastest I ever popped! 
As for being a Legend, I think not, however it is tons of fun having people know me in game and talk to me, its awesome! 
About me! My kills! |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 13:43:00 -
[38]
Darcy, you inspired me!
I just started this character last night so it will be a while until I can actually do anything. I decided to go Caldari and hopefully be able to knock people down with missiles/rockets. Even started out with Gunnery V and Small Hybrids V.. go figure.
I will probably start knocking people around by this weekend.
A tactic you use is destroying their can? That makes them able to attack you but not a concord attackable action correct?
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 13:58:00 -
[39]
Do not destroy the can!! It will get you Concorded in High sec! Steal some stuff from the can, jettison your own can, then just transfer everything from their can directly to your can! Also Rocket Kessy FTW. I have got killed by more rocket kessys then any other ship (close second is Rifters) All you really need to be effective is Propulsion Jamming I. Takes Electronics III and Navigation II I think but its all you really need to pvp. Every thing else just makes you better. 
Also update sometime today just busy at work!  About me! My kills! |

Stakhanov
Shih Yang Tong
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 14:12:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Matt Hunter A tactic you use is destroying their can? That makes them able to attack you but not a concord attackable action correct?
You need to steal the can first , then shoot your own can if you seek to anger them. Expect smacktalk if it was full 
|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 14:17:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Stakhanov
Originally by: Matt Hunter A tactic you use is destroying their can? That makes them able to attack you but not a concord attackable action correct?
You need to steal the can first , then shoot your own can if you seek to anger them. Expect smacktalk if it was full 
That's what I am talkin about! Hehe.
Thanks for the info Darcy, I thought it worked like that. But Stakhanov had a great alternative as I do not want the ore, nor do I have the patience to transfer it all.
I was thinking of using a rocket kestral,,, maybe even T2 rockets (as they aren't that expensive and kills the targets faster.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 14:25:00 -
[42]
Well the reason I steal it all and leave it sometimes they are dumb enough to call in their hauler which then steals it back from you, thus allowing you something else to shoot at! About me! My kills! |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 14:33:00 -
[43]
Edited by: Matt Hunter on 28/02/2007 14:29:28 Valid point Darcy. I just feel.... uncomfortable being in the same belt, waiting for a Raven to jump in or 20 thorax and caracals coming in just to pwn me :P
But I'll see what happens either tomorrow, or Friday Night at the latest as I will have scramms online by then.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 15:33:00 -
[44]
Key is to not care about losing ships becauseą You WILL. Keep them cheap and insured, I use all T1 gear (except when I was trying out T2 guns the other day) never even used named stuff. My basic fit is:
Highs: Light Ion Blaster I 3x (antimatter ammo)
Mids: Afterburner I, 7.5 km warp scram, stasis webber I
Lows: CPU upgrade I, Mag Stab I
Yes I have no range once so ever, but good damage. Building calc tells me that it costs me 156,000 to build so ship (yes I build my ships, yay industry alts) with out modules I lose 22,000 ISK, add modules, probably still less then 100,000 ISK, havenĘt done the math. Add to that that 90% of the gear I use is sitting in my mains hanger from mission loot, and the ship is build out of melted mission loot, I am practicly flying free!  About me! My kills! |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 17:41:00 -
[45]
Recently I have been developing new tactics for my ore stealing of ore. Last night when snooping around in belts I discovered a Coveter mining into a jet can with a hauler right by it. I hit my AB and headed right for it, but not a second latter the hauler emptied the can and it was gone. I frowned and moved on. Finding another belt with 2 retrievers in it mining into a can with a hauler sitting there I stopped at the warp in point to think for a min or two. OK, if I approach the can the hauler will empty it so how do I get closer faster, then I remembered about book marking cans. Quickly I did so and proceeded to warp to the next belt. Came out of warp turned around and warped back. Nice! 1400 m from the can! Dumped it all into my own can. Now usually if they ignore me and donĘt shoot I will get bored and leave, but I also rethought this tactic. This time I just sat there by the can, ready for them to do something. One kept mining, the other just sat there, a moment latter he released drones and locked, so I began to orbit. Then suddenly the drones start to fire, so I open up. POP! Goes the retriever! Woot! Now thinking he might try and steal it with his hauler I just sat by the can again, and to my surprise, he warps right back on top of me in another retriever! Lock! Scram! Fire! POP! Second retriever gone! Soon after a Rifter warps in and steals from me, and I attack however he gets the best of me relatively quickly and pop goes my ship.
This starts a little conversation in Local with both the Rifter Pilot and the retriever pilot. I have to say the Retriever pilot was a GREAT sport for having just lost 20 mil in barges and gear! A big thank you to him for being a cool guy! When you lose 2 barges and can still say it was fun, you are definitely a cool guy! And to the Rifter Pilot, good fight! I had no hope when I saw how much more damage you were doing! All in all a good hour spent!!
 About me! My kills! |

Eardianm
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 19:22:00 -
[46]
10 sec Rocket Kessie ftw! \o/
That war dec on you still live? I'd debate jumping corps for a bit just to shoot at some targets 
|

Cosmos Elf
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 19:53:00 -
[47]
You are a pirate.(Almost)
-- Recently Reactivated Looking for Truly EVIL Alliance/Corp: Link to forum thread. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 20:19:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Eardianm 10 sec Rocket Kessie ftw! \o/
That war dec on you still live? I'd debate jumping corps for a bit just to shoot at some targets 
Yes the war is still on, until Friday sometime (I think) I will not be online until latter tonight but look and see is Johan Grochen is on and he could accept you if you want to join for a day or 2.
As for the vid it doesn't work at work 
About me! My kills! |

Cosmos Elf
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 20:28:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Darcy Killar
Originally by: Eardianm 10 sec Rocket Kessie ftw! \o/
That war dec on you still live? I'd debate jumping corps for a bit just to shoot at some targets 
Yes the war is still on, until Friday sometime (I think) I will not be online until latter tonight but look and see is Johan Grochen is on and he could accept you if you want to join for a day or 2.
As for the vid it doesn't work at work 
It's audio.
-- Recently Reactivated Looking for Truly EVIL Alliance/Corp: Link to forum thread. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.28 21:00:00 -
[50]
Still doesn't work at work About me! My kills! |

Soporo
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.01 01:49:00 -
[51]
Good lord girl, avoid those Incursus.
|

Emanuel Wynn
|
Posted - 2007.03.01 02:26:00 -
[52]
Say hello to Darcy Killar's newest Recruit. Cheers for tonight Darcy, was great fun and I cannot wait to continue improving my acts of piracy under your banner.
|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.01 13:48:00 -
[53]
Well I had an interesting night last night.
I got all equipped up, EMP rockets and Explosive rockets, a scram and a kestrel. Probably cost me around 300k total. Darn inflated prices on the Kestrel. No big deal since I have the ISK.
I make my way around the noob space and everyone is macro mining. It is sad. No cans at all. I move around to 6 other systems and nothing. Until finally I find one. I go up and try to snatch a little in my hold I cant.. but I am flagged anyways for tryin. This miner is in a Moa and sends a couple of small drones on me. I immediately target one, lock him down and blow his drones up. I am going through his shields fast, and his armor, so I decided to let him go. He was a noob, 2 weeks old. I didn't have the heart. I noticed I dont have the cap to keep my scramm up.. I have to cycle it on and off. But it worked.
I move on to another belt. And see another Moa! He is using a secure can... but I figure, what the heck, let's see if it is locked. It isn't. At the same time I see the last guy I attacked (the timer is gone) and he is in a destroyer and he convo's me. Something about I am about to be killed or something. I go up, transfter the guy's can, which was about half full and he attacks me with 4 drones. I blow 2 of em up and he recalls them. Meanwhile the destroyer is attacking me. Yeah that didn't last long and Concord stole my kill. I noticed that the Moa was tanking my rockets... so I made the decision to loot the wreck and warp off. My armor was never touched. I told the guy in the destroyer that attacking me was bad and he left convo.
So I leave the system and try to find greener pastures. So much macro mining, it is sad. CCP really needs to do something about that.
Anyways, I come back about 30 minutes later, I see the noob that got Concordokken'd and I convo him, and let em know I'll give him his stuff back. He doesn't answer so I bugger him off. I move back to the belt the Moa was in, and he is gone. The new guy convo's me and tells me that he was mad and angry that he lost one ship and nearly lost another (from yours truely). I told him his corp should be training him how to deal with pirates and ore stealers. At that time, I noticed my can still sitting there and I open it up and there is a lot of ore in there. I tell the noob to come to the belt and bring something big that can haul and I'll give him a bunch of ore plus his ships equipment that survived Concord.
Then the Moa comes in. I imagine he has warp stabs installed and he targets me. No biggie, he can't fire.
Then he starts to move for my can... Well, I cannot have that. So I destroy my can :P Only reason is because he was ready for me, and I would have to steal it back, and he could have had friends waiting to blow me up... Anyways, he was a little miffed. :P
I gave the stuff back to the newb and had a long talk. He is looking for a mining corp, even though he is in one now, but he is Australian. So the time zone thing is screwy. We have a good long talk, and I tell him to have at least one weapon equipped while mining and a shield booster blah blah. And I log for the night.
I got no kills, but I didn't die either, but I had fun. And that guy who's hour+ of mining I destroyed... priceless :P
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Stogee
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.03.01 14:33:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Darcy Killar Thursday or Friday sitting at home sick, having called into work, I got bored while mission running in a drake.
Now that made me giggle.
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 13:44:00 -
[55]
First off I would like to publicly welcome my new recruits!! Thank you guys for joining up and I hope this means some great fun filled evening of people ratting!
Secondly not a lot interesting has happened over the past few days but the weekend is here and hopefully there will be some good silly fun!! (tried to get a Scythe to shoot at me last night but he just ignored meąeven when I kept bumping him farther from the roids!) But anyway with any luck this weekend will be good and I will have a fun post for Monday! Happy weekend everyone!
(btw, all of you rock!)
 About me! My kills! |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 15:12:00 -
[56]
Well, I engaged another person yesterday... a semi afk macro miner.
He had 7 or 8 giant secure containers... so I looted one and made my own can. He just kept on mining. Then he warped off and I warped to a safespot... I was expecting a raven to come in after me.
When they returned they brought in an industrial. He looted my can and I proceeded to pummeling the crap out of em. Unfortunatly, again my cap gave out with the scrammer... and he warped off immediately as soon as I cycled it to help my cap recharge.
I was all excited but disappointed... so I dumped ALL of their full cans into my jet can and blew up all their ore.
The macro miner was still in station 3 hours later. I dont feel bad.. but this cap drain... its killer.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Ishquar Teh'Sainte
Faaip De Oiad
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 16:40:00 -
[57]
i like this thread  ___________________
-Skellibjalla- Life is a garden of perceptions. Pick your fruit.
|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 21:05:00 -
[58]
Well the cool thing is I am only a couple days old... Imagine if I were a month old... or six months old.. geez... that is scary.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

blinding thunder
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 21:26:00 -
[59]
matt if u want to try gettin more cap try droppin a 3rd slot w/e and put in a small knave to drain his cap and get u some extra

|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 14:12:00 -
[60]
I finally got a kill.
It was an ice miner. He was in a covetor or something like that.. one of the big ones. Luckily I put in a cap recharger and didn't have a way of recharging my shields :P
Basically I took his frost and dropped it in a can. He launched some drones at me and I locked him down, then killed his drones.
After that, he tried to run LOL. About 20-30 other ice miners just looked helplessly as the explosion lit up the solor system.
After that, I targeted the can of frost and blew it up.
Good times.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

XeliumXx
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 15:56:00 -
[61]
Alright...Let me get this straight.. You can pop cans in high sec and not get concorded?....If I knew this... Man... I would have so much more fun in EVE...
|

Nero Ya'ng
Caldari YaFa Empires
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 16:10:00 -
[62]
well i hate pirates. (IG)
but this topic really rocks :P still didnt meet ya in space :)
|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 16:22:00 -
[63]
You can blow up your own cans.. The ore I moved went from his can into mine. Seeing as how I blew him up, I blew up my can with the ice in it :D
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 16:40:00 -
[64]
OK time for a good update finally! This weekend was filled with corp ops! First time ever! Latter I will post a pic of the ōfleetö we brought into low sec! ūsnicker-
So my weekend started Friday with the redeclaration of war against my corporation. The story behind the war is a little mixed up to me still. My Ceo alt received an eve-mail from the leader (back when the war first started) of this Merc corp that stated he had been attacked (which is silly as I can not attack anyone who doesnĘt shoot me first, and of course he tooled my Incusus in his Scorp!) Now at the beginning of this war I spoke to him on my main and he said he had been paid by a mining corp for a three week war. Which is also silly, who would pay for three weeks of war for a lost retriever? Seems like a very very VERY large waste of ISK to me. But anyway their story aside, I am still at war.
So far in my war has consisted of talking to them in local while I happily sit in a station and they sit outside waiting for me to undock. Sometimes I do undock and warp away before they lock or I just redock basically just to be annoying. However very late Saturday night (early mourning really Eve time) we turned that around just a bit. I sat down in front of my computer to see that one of my corp mates was being harassed by a Scorpion owned by the leader of the merc corp. With in 10 min me and my mates rallied a force of 3 Drakes and 1 Merlin (tackler) and chased them out of our home! Then we camped them in Jita for a while, great fun lots of silly conversations until my mates had to log and we abandoned them camp.
Sunday my corp mates flipped a can and got bored of not getting attacked so they headed off to find a more militaristic care bear. I had just logged on and was on my way to meet up with them when what do I find at the gate but a pretty flashing red retriever on auto pilot! POP! Woot! Loot!
Another skirmish was caused by two of my corp mates stealing and flipping a can and getting into a fire fight, they took down a frig or two and I warped in just in time to miss the actionąor so I thought. I warp to the can and sit by it idly wondering where my mates are doing battle if not here by the can, when a Tristan warps in from the same corp they had been fighting. I shrug doubting he is dumb enough to steal from the can with me sitting on top of it, of course I am wrong, he steals I lock and open up. Seconds latter I am looting his wrecką2 Arbalest Cruise launchers and an Advanced cloak IIą..!!!???!!! It took me until I opened up my kill board latter that night to realize what I had done! Scratch one Nemesis for Darcy!
Some other time during the weekend (my times are all screwed up I donno what happened when!) I flipped a can of a retriever and he just warped off so I shrugged and moved on. Flew through a few belts with no success and came back. Sat by the can while I chatted with my corp mates untiląyellow flashy lights! Uh-oh I am being locked! What is it!? Raven! 60km away, no way I can fight (not that I would win)ą ok gotta get right on top of itą RED FLASHY missiles on the way! I click look at on the Raven, book mark an asteroid right next to it. Missiles still coming!! I hit warp, shop aligns! BAM! Shields to half! Ship starts to warp! BAM shields gone! Warping! Few ok out of warpątime to fight! Shields 10% warping in! I coming out of warp! Guns ready! Out of warp right next to a Raven!...Wreck! And about 30 CONCORD ships. Now I honestly wish I could post on my kill board all the things I have GOTTEN killed!
CONCORDED because of me
3 Caracals 2 Drakes 1 Raven
ThatĘs nearly 200 mil in ISK (ish)
In closingą Carebears need to learn agg rules. But I hope they donĘt so I can keep getting the loots!!
 About me! My kills! |

Fafnir Drake
Boob Heads
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 17:09:00 -
[65]
You own. :)
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs. |

Karasuma Akane
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 17:34:00 -
[66]
Congratulations on the Nemesis (and free cloak)!
Your portrait looks like you could be my sister. 
|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 18:03:00 -
[67]
Nice job!
The raven being Concordokkend!!! is a fantastic touch. I would have stuck it at the top, but at the end was just as effective.
Sounds like you had a great time this weekend! Even got to a T2 Cloaker... very very nice.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Failexer
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 19:55:00 -
[68]
Edited by: Failexer on 05/03/2007 19:53:43 Edited by: Failexer on 05/03/2007 19:52:01 I was mining with my Vex when Darcy came and grabbed my Can.. (Couple of days ago, I think I was mentioned in one of the posts)
I totally overreacted and used my 4 medium drones to try and defend my honor (Outfitted with 4 Mining Lasers, and an afterburner)..Lucky for me I warped away before I was completely obliterated.
Looking back on it now, 6k Pyro probally wasn't worth freaking out over...But I'm still a noob at heart (And in character as well)
Anyways, finding out you had a thread made me laugh, so I felt the need to post. Have fun :P
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.05 22:14:00 -
[69]
and here is the pic of my fleet I promised! About me! My kills! |

Sidraket
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 03:40:00 -
[70]
Haha!
I have an old character with 4 mil skillpoints that im planning on deleteing (year old character with only 4mil points is kind of gimp - this one actualy), but after reading all of this i think that instead of doing that it will be my crappy pirate alt. Its got all the required fitting/jamming skills already trained up - theres no sense just sitting around doing nothing while my new char gets those learning skills up when i could be having fun with that =D
|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:28:00 -
[71]
yeah that is tough... fitting 2 scramms (the 2 point ones) should be enough sometimes, but you may have to fit 3 if you are expecting indys to come into play.. or have a partner and you both go 2 and 2. An Iteron V only has 5 low slots I think... I could be wrong though... but still. if they have warp stabs, nothing you can do about it solo.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:30:00 -
[72]
LOL Darcy why are you flying in Destys and cruisers eh? I thought you were sticking with T1 frigates for your ratting needs.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:43:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Matt Hunter LOL Darcy why are you flying in Destys and cruisers eh? I thought you were sticking with T1 frigates for your ratting needs.
Trying stuff out, I really enjoy the Catty. Works quite well (t2 rails are a blast!...literally!) Lots and lots more dps and really good for small gangs. As for the cruiser I still am working on the skills to fit it how I want but also a great small gang ship. I have begun to spend more ISK on the pirating because well...its awesome!!! So what if I lose 1 mil or 10! As long as I had fun doing it!!! In reality due to loot and ore theft I am actually making money. (the can of 40 white glaze the other night really helped there, along with the 4 arbalest cruise launchers I have looted)
About me! My kills! |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:47:00 -
[74]
I thought about that... just loot what I bait with and loot the parts off the ships.. but I just don't have a hauler, or anything with decent cargo hold capacity... maybe I'll train a cruiser and loot with that...I might as well bait with one too..
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:58:00 -
[75]
Originally by: Matt Hunter I thought about that... just loot what I bait with and loot the parts off the ships.. but I just don't have a hauler, or anything with decent cargo hold capacity... maybe I'll train a cruiser and loot with that...I might as well bait with one too..
I...have alts! Oh and corp mates that do it too, but usually when they come to do the boring hauling I let them keep all the ore.

About me! My kills! |

blinding thunder
|
Posted - 2007.03.07 01:39:00 -
[76]
Darcy i like how my Merlin is excluded from the 'fleet' :P we need to get a picture w/ our drakes -n- stuffs as a fleet photo 
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.07 02:38:00 -
[77]
Originally by: blinding thunder Darcy i like how my Merlin is excluded from the 'fleet' :P we need to get a picture w/ our drakes -n- stuffs as a fleet photo 
We were still waiting for you! Otherwise we wouldn't have been taking pictures we'd of been in lowsec! About me! My kills! |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.07 23:30:00 -
[78]
Just thought I would share the highlight of a looong day home sick with you folks. This came shortly after we killed our second 'Hero' protecting the miners of a dead end system of our home region. He was in an Enyo, taken out by four of us. The first was in a Caracal taken out by three of us.
Local chat: "[22:51:59] XXX > anyone having problems with DKI ore thiefs? [22:55:53] YYY > no problem, ty [22:56:52] ZZZ > DKI? [22:57:01] XXX > darkness inc [22:57:19] ZZZ > ahhh well nope havent even herd of them before [22:58:45] YYY > if you jetcan mine, they have been coming by and stealing the ore and putting it in their own can hoping to provoke you into 1) stealing it back so they can kill you, or 2) outright attacing them so they can kill you [22:59:09] ZzZz > names? [22:59:22] YYY > Darcy Killar is one [22:59:39] YYY > northbridge was another [22:59:56] ZZZ > ahh well i havent seen anyone like that in this space yet.... [23:00:10] MMM > the sad thing is, they dont do it on their own [23:00:18] MMM > They where here a few hours earlier - well known 'griefers' or 'ore theives' just gotta keep a heads up and a hauler. [23:01:09] ZZZ > ill make sure i keep an eye out for them"
I believe the high point would be: well known 'griefers' or 'ore theives' 
Thats right! We are well known!! Probably because we are growing rapidly! (10 members over the last week! hard to keep track! hehe)
Anyway a new post comming soon, hopefully before the weekend, possibly after! G'night all! 
About me! My kills! |

Thelzias
Gallente Igneus Auctorita
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 09:20:00 -
[79]
greetings darcy.
I had a blast reading your topic and though... maybe I should give it a try? I have very bad combat skills and have never tried being a pirate, all I do is mine and haul (yup the boring stuff).
So this is my first time. I got an incursus, fitted it with some railguns, cap recharge, warp disruptor, and armor repairer and started my very first hunting trip. It took hours to even find anyone, I warped belt to belt.. nothing and finally found one miner, then I got exited. I locked him, took about 20k of his omber to my can and pop it. He went nuts and I was sure he was going to lock and engage with his drones, but nah. He didnt and he just warped out and logged off I guess. Then I was flying all over 0.0 and got killed by a gatecamp. That was my first day and the result was one loss. Bought few incursus more and will continue my hunting today. It was a very fun experience for me and I learned alot.
see ya'll.
|

Northbridge
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 11:10:00 -
[80]
Hey Thelzias
I would suggest using the scanner, saves you a lot of time. I warp to a planet, scan the belts and then narrow down or move on. Not much you can do about gatecamps besides warping off fast.
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 12:48:00 -
[81]
Well, Thelzias, you could listen to NorthĘs idea about the scanner but thatĘs all technical and smart and stuff. I warp to every damn belt! Bookmark cans and warp away, then warp right back on top of them and flip em! We have also discovered that leaving your own cans around is a good way to randomly find someone flashy red to the whole corp hanging out in a belt mining! Or to get someone trying to be a hero protecting the defenseless miners. I like heroĘs they put up a better fight and look better on the kill board!
Last night as mentioned earlier was our first gank ever! After disturbing a bunch of miners with no real combat someone in local says: ōI am going to agg on them and see how good they are!ö This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside (you know? Like I said before, a recently eaten carebear) We track him down and find him in a Caracal. Using agg rules to our advantage I wait until my corp mates are almost out of warp to scram him. Three of us all in t1 frigs, took him down in seconds he took my armor tanked Tristan toą75% shield (now when I say armor tanked I really just mean three 100mm plates) One of my corp mates, whoĘs first act of piracy received a threatening hate mail about not taking his stuffąwhich was long since in our cargo holds when the mail arrived. First gank!!
Second gank! Less then an hour latter I had just recruited two more people, both in assault frigs, and as I am talking to them North starts yelling about a 2003 player that is aged on us and not to steal anything from him! Run! Orąsomething, I of course having no agg timer find this 2003 player in an Enyo and start to orbit him, North who apparently had no agg timer either follows. A few seconds latter my new recruits in their assult frigs drop out of warp and I hit my scramer and open up! With four of us he put up a good fight and nearly got me to structure! Kodos to this guy for giving me and my corp one of the fights I am most proud of! (and for the great T2 loot you dropped!) Also a big thanks to all my new recruits with whom I would never have been able to do any of it!
Me and North also learned that taking on a Ferox with a Catalyst and a Rifter is a bad ideaąwe got him toąmaybe 90% shield before he took us both out. Also I discovered 0.0 gate scouting should not be done in a Vexor, and I met my first carrier, however he was friendly so I still have yet to find one to shoot at. (friendly as in he recruited my only director to a 0.0 alliance and I was just seeing him off, as he is a RL friend of mine) So in closing:
Good luck in the war Groch! Have fun in your big ships, IĘll stick to my frigs and dessys and the occasional cruiser!
About me! My kills! |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 14:39:00 -
[82]
There I was... knee deep in.. errr. wait, wrong setting. :D
I logged in for about a 20 minute roundabout. I was warping to all the belts and I saw a miner using a can. The miner was in a merlin, so I was like, meh, why not.
Keep in mind I am in a Kestrel and only a week old :P
I am pretty excited as it is rare to find a miner using cans, be it a secure can or not. So I just hit my burner and travel 20km to him hehe.
He doesn't do anything. When I get there and drop my can, he warps off... I think,, he is going to get in a bigger ship (he was in a corp) or bring friends. I take his full giant secure container contents and drop it all in my can. I warp out, he warps in almost immediately.He is in a badger... I am thinking, crap.. I have the 1 point scrammer, and he probably has stabs.
I warp back, he is gone.. contents are gone.. oh well. I BM the can and warp off. He convos me.
The guy was very very nice. He was pretty much saying, let's stop the ore swapping (long story is I swapped the ore from his can to mine twice heh) and just get on with our lives. I say sure, cause I think he is coming back around in something that can kill a T1 frigate.
Nope, I warp back to the can and there he is, in his hauler... I lock on (he is still flashing red) and scramm him and let loose with my rockets. The ebil rockets (well T2 next week heh). He gets to 3/4 shields and sets off the self destruct. I am thinking, crap, I really want to blow this up. I am not going to make it.
40 seconds later, shield drops (he had a booster running) and armor right after that. When I got the hull halfway down, I had to reload 160 rockets spent.. I think he might have expecting me to ransom him or something, but I was just reloading my weapons, then blew him up hehe.
I snatched up some loot, and warped and docked as I had RL things to attend to.
I posted my killmails up on battleclinic, so far I am 2-0 :D
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Sirius Problem
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 16:37:00 -
[83]
Originally by: Darcy Killar One of my corp mates, whoĘs first act of piracy received a threatening hate mail
My first act of piracy was a total blast Thanks so much to Darcy and my new corp.
I'm sitting at a planet waiting for Darcy to give the word to warp in. I'm all calm/cool thinking "Ya this is going to be fun."
I get the word from Darcy to warp in and I'm OMW!! Drop out of warp and the red flashy is there, but wtf has happened to my hands? They're shaking!!
I seem to have lost my fine motor skills and my heart in pounding through my ribs. I have trouble mousing onto the target in overview, but manage to ctrl-click for a target lock, then hit the "approach" icon as my skills are so crappy that I need to be close to hit anything.
In range, I let the rockets fly and am satisfied to see his shields begin to crumple under the attack of me and my mates.
Suddenly, I realize that I'm still in approach mode and soon I'm bumping the target. I claim it is an "anti-align" tactic, but it's really because I'm so scattered with the "intensity" of the situation that I've forgotten to stop or orbit properly.
A blinding explosion soon fills my screen, and in the warm glow of our victim's demise, I feel a huge grin tight on my face. A pirate, I now am.
Yarrr! (I wish I had remembered to say that in local. Oh well. Next time)
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 16:54:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Sirius Problem
Suddenly, I realize that I'm still in approach mode and soon I'm bumping the target. I claim it is an "anti-align" tactic, but it's really because I'm so scattered with the "intensity" of the situation that I've forgotten to stop or orbit properly.
Sirius...you just made my day!!! I still get that, not as much with a few weeks experience but I still forget to use my drone all the time!
Matt you ought to come join up with us!! Drop me an eve-mail in game! 
About me! My kills! |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 17:33:00 -
[85]
Thanks for the offer Darcy, but I am just a noob.
Frankly I am surprised I made the kills I made without getting killed : /
I'll see what tricks I can pull from my 4th point of contact first before I contact you and if I can get a few more kills,,, then I think I'll be ready.
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 18:06:00 -
[86]
Matt that does not matter in the least! Most of us are noobs or at least using noob characters! I myself am only around 1.2 mil SP. Come by and join up! We would love to have you!
This is our recruitment threadą here
 About me! My kills! |

Dark Gleaming
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 19:08:00 -
[87]
Hey Darcy -
I'll be accepting my offer as soon as I get home from work. I look forward to watching my sec rating drop!
DG
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.08 20:25:00 -
[88]
Originally by: Dark Gleaming Hey Darcy -
I'll be accepting my offer as soon as I get home from work. I look forward to watching my sec rating drop!
DG

And to add another I now have a 5 mil bounty!!! Woot! About me! My kills! |

Rick Essence
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.09 08:54:00 -
[89]
Got my first two kills tonight with a good bit of help from Uller. Woot woot. Now I'm 2 and 2! lol
It's fun being a piewat.  Ebil Piewat Haiku I've interrupted A happy little carebear. His tears taste like wine. |

Elayne Nakkar
|
Posted - 2007.03.09 14:57:00 -
[90]
I have sent you an EvEmail regarding induction into the Corporation Darcy. Should be in your mailbox when you log in 
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.09 15:18:00 -
[91]
Originally by: Elayne Nakkar I have sent you an EvEmail regarding induction into the Corporation Darcy. Should be in your mailbox when you log in 
This is our recruitment threadą here
Please post there if looking to join! I know this is not a recruitment thread and donĘt really want to get it locked! 
(but thanks for joining! Will accept you in tonight!) 
About me! My kills! |

Sister Iwen
|
Posted - 2007.03.11 02:10:00 -
[92]
Well, I have enjoyed reading this thread so much that I decided to give things a try myself and had a great time, though no outright kills, except me, of course! LOL!
I did some belt hopping, stealing from wrecks whenever I had the chance and remained on the lookout for miners using jet cans.
In one belt I took some rat loot and got targeted by an exhumer. I sped towards him and opened fire as soon as his name went red. Things were going fine and then he released his drones. Hmmm. I had him about 1/4 of the way through his armor when he started repping, I was taking more damage than I could repair, and he wasn't. I decided to warp out with almost no cap and almost no armor. I declared it a draw in my own mind. :)
As I hopped from belt to belt I also dropped junk loot and gave the cans names so they would get a little attention. Later, I approached a station only to see a flashing red name. Did a quick info, as I was targeting, first thing I saw was "Guppy". Perfect! Well, not really. I opened fire and saw I was causing almost no damage. I remember thinking maybe I should stop before I scratch his paint. Just then, he (a HAC) fires off a salvo that leaves my sheild in tatters, and the second salve did the same to my armor. Five seconds later and I was in my pod. Wow! It's good to know what the right ship can do to a little frigate! Next time I will be sure to look at more than the ship's name, knowing what kind of ship you are facing can be very useful information indeed!
I had a few other minor run-ins with others, but no more deaths, mine or theirs.
So, my first experience with hi-sec PvP was fun, if a little slow. Maybe I should try this in Minmatar or Caldari space, any place but Amarr, things seem a bit slow paced here.
|

Opprimo
|
Posted - 2007.03.11 09:13:00 -
[93]
some very ammusing stories there, i would like to thank you darcy someone linked me to this thread the other day and as a direct result i got my 1st kill yesterday.
Stole someones can and a commorant locked onto me and started firing a minute later he was down to structure when i tried to convo him he blocked me so i turned him into stardust. Got an ok gun from it worth about 800k so theirs 2 or 3 ships paid for :)
Before that i had spent 2 or 3 nights unsucsessfully looking for miners in low sec either getting killed by a gate camp with warp bubble or by anti pirates.
I just started playing the game a week ago and definatly want to really get into pirating. Im in a corp with a friend whos played for years at the moment but they dont seem to do much of the old pirating so if your still looking for members i might apply just need to talk it over with my friends 1st.
|

Forgiven1
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 18:38:00 -
[94]
that was cool to read I've been playing about 2 days past tutierial and it seems all I do is warp around...which on my system looks incredible but anyway I've been so afraid to get blown-up if your insured what are the setbacks? do you lose any skills or just whats on your ship? and do you have to go rebuy all your guns and sheilds again?
|

Shiva Shane
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 19:04:00 -
[95]
No, you won't lose any skills, all you lose is your ship and fittings. If your ship is insured you can recover most of its cost, and generally, low-SP pirating uses junk fittings, mostly the stuff you loot off of belt rats and such.
Here's an idea, get some isk together, buy another frigate (whatever you fly now) and outfit it as cheaply as you can. Insure it if you choose to, and take it out and try some pirating. Since you have your original ship in your hanger you risk nothing other than a little time to make back the isk you spent on your pirate vessel.
Chances are good you will be hooked!  
Oh, and have some fun!
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 19:06:00 -
[96]
This weekend was one of the most fun times I have had in my entire life!! For starters I have round about forty new people in my corp, who all contributed to my great time. All are awsome! Also I ask them to forgive me if I do not put their names in, I know to the reader having 40 names thrown at you can be pretty tedious. So please do not take it personally, when I skip names, I do so intentionally.
So to begin, Friday night, sitting happily in my home station reading mails from people wanting to join I hear one of my corp mates is talking in corp chat about some guy they stole from who ejected from his haulerą then a moment latter they say ōWhoops BCö with that I forget about eve mails and jam the undock button until my screen blanks out. I warp to them immediately and come out of warp on top of a Hurricane and open fire. POP! Scratch another frig for me! I warp my pod to my home station, fit an Incursus with two T2 Neutrons and one T2 Ion, 2 mag stabs and an AB, undock and fly back into it! (oh and I fit void ammo I had looted off some other guy a week or so ago) Once I return my Void ammo starts putting the pain to the Hurricaneąalong with the many volleys from another corpies Drake, and a Rifter and a Punisher and another Incursus, ok ok it wasnĘt only me doing the damage! Hehe! Soon we had a nice pretty Hurricane in our Kill Board woot!
Now for a little chat on our war. When it started my CEO alt received and Eve mail from their CEO stating the war was because he had been attacked. Latter in chats he tells us that he was contracted to attack us for three weeks by wealthy miners. Well on day one of the war, there were two active players in my corporation. Two! The entire first week was a few small skirmishes and the loss of a few frigsąmostly hiding far away from home. The second week my corp had begun to grow, now their were more skirmishes but for several days they were simply not around. So in the final hours of week two, my corp has gone from two active members to OVER FORTY! The skirmishes that followed led to our first battleship kill, the CEO of their corp. Which sadly I was seconds too late for. And the biggest battle of the war which I will speak more on when I get home this evening as there are some awesome corp chat logs to post. However after week two of war ended, they did not carry it on. Soąwe are. Tomorrow late, the war will be continued. We will make absolutely sure they fulfill their contract to these rich miners. Satisfaction guaranteedą welląours any way.
The weekend was filled with sĘplodies and fun! Everyone that has joined up is awesome and I thank each and every one of them! ąnow off to design a suicide Incursus. Hmmmą
 About me! My kills! |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 19:07:00 -
[97]
Originally by: Shiva Shane No, you won't lose any skills, all you lose is your ship and fittings. If your ship is insured you can recover most of its cost, and generally, low-SP pirating uses junk fittings, mostly the stuff you loot off of belt rats and such.
Here's an idea, get some isk together, buy another frigate (whatever you fly now) and outfit it as cheaply as you can. Insure it if you choose to, and take it out and try some pirating. Since you have your original ship in your hanger you risk nothing other than a little time to make back the isk you spent on your pirate vessel.
Chances are good you will be hooked!  
Oh, and have some fun!
Or you could come learn the ropes from some of the finest at Darkness Inc.  About me! My kills! |

Shiva Shane
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 19:38:00 -
[98]
/me logs into the game briefly to chnage her skill in training to "Corporation Promotion".
You're right Darcy, I should have thought of that myself. 
|

Lal QelThyr
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 19:49:00 -
[99]
And we lost our first Battleship aswell Went up against a 0.0 Domi pilot in mine and got blown away. Oh well, decided to downgrade myself into a Myrma anyway. Cheaper and what not 
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 19:50:00 -
[100]
Originally by: Lal QelThyr And we lost our first Battleship aswell Went up against a 0.0 Domi pilot in mine and got blown away. Oh well, decided to downgrade myself into a Myrma anyway. Cheaper and what not 
And I killed 3 of his Ogre IIs  About me! My kills! |

Forgiven1
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 21:25:00 -
[101]
"Or you could come learn the ropes from some of the finest at Darkness Inc."
Ok where do I go to get some of this "FUN" ?.... :)I'm warping as soon as I here but Forgiven1 <---- Is a NOOB but a quick learner.. also does Darkness use teamspeak or vent? and even more importaint how do I get my pic on there like you guys?
|

Shiva Shane
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.12 21:52:00 -
[102]
Edited by: Shiva Shane on 12/03/2007 21:49:21 Hi, I don't remember the exact location of the corp office, but if you do a search for Darcy Killar, show info, and then click on the corp logo that appears in her info you will be able to see the office location of Darkness Inc. Warp on over and sign up! :)
|

Saint Lazarus
|
Posted - 2007.03.13 01:35:00 -
[103]
Originally by: Darcy Killar
So to begin, Friday night, sitting happily in my home station reading mails from people wanting to join I hear one of my corp mates is talking in corp chat about some guy they stole from who ejected from his haulerą then a moment latter they say ōWhoops BCö with that I forget about eve mails and jam the undock button until my screen blanks out. I warp to them immediately and come out of warp on top of a Hurricane and open fire. POP! Scratch another frig for me! I warp my pod to my home station, fit an Incursus with two T2 Neutrons and one T2 Ion, 2 mag stabs and an AB, undock and fly back into it! (oh and I fit void ammo I had looted off some other guy a week or so ago) Once I return my Void ammo starts putting the pain to the Hurricaneąalong with the many volleys from another corpies Drake, and a Rifter and a Punisher and another Incursus, ok ok it wasnĘt only me doing the damage! Hehe! Soon we had a nice pretty Hurricane in our Kill Board woot!

zOMG that was meh, I r famous lol
well in a bad way, sucks for you though you know you were the only guy I got and I got you twice LOL
one of the best fights had in EVE tbh, had no scram so as you guys got damaged you jumped out so frigs were flyin in and out and all around was frakin insane 
Congrats on the kill I got sloppy but ya always do when you're itchin for a fight 
:insert cool signature here: |

Crydawner
|
Posted - 2007.03.13 13:14:00 -
[104]
windows vista has something called user access control, disable it and eve will be able to take screenshots (i think) :)
|

The Monkeysphere
Gallente The Shaw
|
Posted - 2007.03.13 18:44:00 -
[105]
I enjoy reading your posts. Honestly. I'm a bit of a griefer with a decent dosage of YARR! myself, so I find what your corp is doing pretty fun/funny, as mining and anything related to it brings me on the verge of braindeath. So annoying people who do it is so arrogant I really love it. You guys are doing a great thing.. if you're doing it to people other than me [not that I've _ever_ (apart from the tutorial) mined a single rock], that is.
But my corp thinks otherwise so we wardecced you guys and pewpew will be legal quite soon :p.
I look towards to shooting at you and getting shot at, it'll most likely be fun :)
PS: I popped one of your guy's Rifter last night, huhuhu :p
|

Lal QelThyr
|
Posted - 2007.03.13 21:45:00 -
[106]
I look forward to blowing you up *salute*
|

Rick Essence
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.14 02:53:00 -
[107]
Yep, we're pretty exited to have a two-front war starting up. It's gonna be some good times.  Ebil Piewat Haiku I've interrupted A happy little carebear. His tears taste like wine. My kills and losses |

Gimpslayer
|
Posted - 2007.03.14 16:22:00 -
[108]
Darcy, you da man!
|

Myleen
|
Posted - 2007.03.14 16:45:00 -
[109]
Originally by: Darcy Killar However after week two of war ended, they did not carry it on. Soąwe are. Tomorrow late, the war will be continued. We will make absolutely sure they fulfill their contract to these rich miners. Satisfaction guaranteedą welląours any way.
LOL Darcy! Love your stories, like your style   |

Ashrius
Caldari Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.14 17:05:00 -
[110]
I fear for my life. 
|

Rik'tik'ticheck
Minmatar Isendeldik Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.03.15 02:53:00 -
[111]
hi all =) i decided to share my first PvP experience with you. Mind you this is my main and i am currently doing missions for cash.(can someone ascertain that swiping a can only gives you the agro counter and no sec loss?-i'm in a small corp with friends that has not yet turned to piracy) ok so i take my breacher i had brought some time before but never used much, fit it up with some rockets and head for low sec 3 jumps away. as i expected i was gonna loose this ship and then some, even if i had only planned on checking this PvP thing out more clearly. This was a couple of weeks ago, so my char was 6 weeks old at the time and as stated is my main (no alts). So at a belt killing a desty when this nice red flashing rifter... no wait Wolf! warps in on me with a pilot 1.5 years old at -9.9 sec, i know i am in over my head - i mean a wolf. i should know how good they are i just finished the piloting lessons myself (leaves some big holes in my skills). well i decided this would bee a good test if i understood anything . well the fight is over sooner than i thought even if i manage to get her to armor, but hey wolfs are armor tanked ofcourse. so me and my pod go boom (i had a +3 from storyline) so no biggie, but after that i decided i have nothing to loose.... so i fit a rifter... and upgrade my clone and insure the ship, good 2 step program. altho i fit a scram i still shield tank it and that goes against almost all rules about PvP i have read well i fly back to the system and sure enough there she still is so i start conv in local like: me>hi there, back for a beating her>hmm.. me>you killed me some time ago her>i did? hard to remember too many, oh right (i guess my name is distinguisable) me> so i am back to get killed again her> lol, if i find you i will me> be my guest at belt i guess she wondered about a trat, or not, soem thime later she warps in the belt i am at, and after a short fight (thistime not even her down to armor) she pops me and my pod, fast travel. so i fit a merlin (yes i have caldari fregate at 3 and yes i fitted AC:s) clone and insurance again, digging into the copr dump for cheap mods and back to the system find her again and this time she goes to 2/3 armor or something (yay she had to rep) as i pop i remember reading how to warp out with pod and see i manage to pull it off so i stay at the gate for a chat. so i get the basic GF and then is this an alt, oh it's not, you know the game quite well for a 6 months old playerwell i did fit 2 more rifters and ground them against the same stone the nicest thing was when another young pirate came there and started commenting (that was an alt though) on me having a merlin and rifters, that you should focus on one race in the beginning (wich i had, as i only had the frigate at 3 nothing else), the pirate started defending me: she is actually quite good etc. made my day, and there had been no bad parts ecept maby the first pod 
well so that was a 0-5 day, altho i was commented to resemble a goon, for the suicides =)
------- Well atleast you don't have to type that name for invites or coms..... My buddies loved me in EQ2 i can tell you... |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.15 12:56:00 -
[112]
So yesterday sitting at work near the end of the day I start checking the kill board, and I notice the most unfortunate thingą My corp mates are getting hitąhard. There were many losses to our two wars. Yet here I satą helpless to do anything. I chatted in our forums with another corp mate who was doing the exact same thing I was. (trying to organize a united front with your corp while all you can do is forum *****ądoesnĘt work well ) An hour or so latter I finally got home and began organizing an assault. I got a decent group together on the far side of one of the gates, with another good sized frig gang inside the camped station. After a few min our cover was blown by one of our targets coming through the gate. I ordered everyone to jump in and warp to station, unfortunately only half of us warped to station before our enemies warped in and locked down a few of us. I called for everyone to undock and warp back to the gate. At the gate a battle ensued there that ended much better for us then them. (unfortunately several battle cruisers got away) after which I had to log off. The rest of the night was dominated by victories. Much thank you to all my corp mates and our friends from other corps for their support in beating just about all the war targets out of our (and their) home system. About me! My kills! |

The Monkeysphere
Gallente The Shaw
|
Posted - 2007.03.15 14:20:00 -
[113]
It was a matter of bad timing, me and Atrophocy had been online and killing your corpmates ("we're camping ur station, killing ur doods" to quote the best page on the internets) for a while now, though we did lose a Hawk. That battle was really the last drop though, I only came online for skill changing.. But was more or less forced to gang and join up, lol.
That battle was interesting though. I started from the wrong range for the fitting I was using at the time compared to the drakes so cap was an issue, as NOSing frigs and a single Vexor is rather resultless. So I was out of cap and losing my tank. I was more or less certain I'll be dead, especially by the time I was taking hull hits.. But blam, I concentrate fire on the Vexor, the Ogres pop it pretty soon with the help of our newest corpmember who got his first killmails that night. Then there's a Rifter tackling me.. I'm getting hit really bad and the Drakes slamming me are getting rather close. I scoop the Ogres and unleash the Warrior IIs, they pop it more or less instantly :D. And with both drakes in scrambler range.. I warp off with not that much hull and zero cap (not enough to warp to a SS I was planning to go) with nobody scramming me. While at least one Drake was at around 17-18km. That was nice, heh.
Too bad Ishanda wasn't online later on, we had a lot of fun fighting him (and the people who were occasionally ganged with him). He said he had a lot of fun as well so it's a win-win :)
I'll be on in around 4-5 hours, I am looking forward to fighting.
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.15 14:36:00 -
[114]
Monkey, good fights. I was in one of the drakes (in my other char) it was a very good fight. Rather amuseing when Atrophocy (I think thats who it was) warped in after everyone warped out, took a few hits, and warped back out saying "oops I thought I had support" All in all we had a good time. Unfortunetly real life has kept me pretty busy this week, limiting my play time. Hope to see you...in hull again  About me! My kills! |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.15 14:52:00 -
[115]
I am not gone hehe. I have 3 days until I can use T2 Rockets... then I'll be out running around and terrorizing the miners :D I figure, why try so hard hoping I break their tank and with T2 rockets (which are inexpensive) do more the damage :D
Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Ishanda
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.15 15:27:00 -
[116]
I've taken to flying covops, I'm far too gung-ho to be trusted with a combat ship. :P
|

Regina Dellamorte
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 01:28:00 -
[117]
I'm in to join the fray, Darcy! I've put in my app @ Sobaseki, and am currently flying out to get a merlin (I have a stash of merlins and condors I got on the super-cheap). Once I get myself in one of those, I'm gonna go harass me some ISK farmers! YARRRR 
yeah, i'm too chicken to do low-sec just yet 
|

nikhan
Amarr Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 01:55:00 -
[118]
I got to login for 20 mins before work this morning and we got to blow up a hyperion :D yay first bs kill for me! pew pew pew |

Igiveno Quarter
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 12:24:00 -
[119]
You are so cool Darcy. My dad has been playing this game for ages and at last has got me an account and given me 10 mil to start with. Account open 2 days now, got a Kestrel with rocket launchers, just finished propulsion thingy, so got a warp scrambler and webifier thing. Any advice on what else to put on it please.
Going to fly out in belts tonight and try to get a fight, once I get some experience I might ask you if I can join your crew, really excited by this. My dad does not approve though, but then he plays the game like its an old folks club :)
|

Whisper Zarx
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 12:33:00 -
[120]
@Igiveno
So like in RL, he makes the money, and you the one spending it carefree ;) When I think people play to escape RL ;) (j/k)
|

Igiveno Quarter
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 12:41:00 -
[121]
Hehe, but he said that he wants the isk back when I make it. He suggested mining --- no way, I watched him and its so boooooooooring. I might try missions though, they look fun, but 1st I wanna kill other players. Advice on fitting this kestrel would be cool please. I dont want to ask my dad.
Thanks
|

Sirius Problem
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 14:23:00 -
[122]
Originally by: Igiveno Quarter got a Kestrel with rocket launchers... Going to fly out in belts tonight and try to get a fight, once I get some experience I might ask you if I can join your crew, really excited by this.
Join us now Igiveno.
The fastest way to learn is to join a corp. We're currently fighting 2 wars, so there is lots of action to be had and you'll learn PvP fast.
Don't worry about your low skillpoints. I have less than 900,000, but have been part of a few big kills, putting me in the top 5 for kill points
Our Stats
Most of us are flying T1 junk frigs because they are cheap. I fly a Kessie with rockets. In gangs they can actually deal a lot of damage.
Whether or not you join a corp, be prepared to lose a lot of ships, especially in the early stages of your pirate career.
Hope to see you out there.
|

Whisper Zarx
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 14:28:00 -
[123]
Hehe tried to convince my 7 years old son that mining was fun, and got him set up. He was so proud sitting at the computer and being like a grown up (Jesus...Thinking about it, in his mind playing video games is being a grown up) that he was focused on mining for about...20 minutes!
Anyway, for the setup, i m not an epxert but i think this should do the job: Highs: 3x Rocket Launcher 1x Small Nosferatu
Meds: 1x Small Shield Booster I 1x 7.5 scram 1x 10km web
Lows: 1x Ballistic Control System 1x 200mm plates
|

Regina Dellamorte
|
Posted - 2007.03.16 20:07:00 -
[124]
I'm heading to sobaseki now to try a merlin pirate setup that I've come up with... maybe it'll be total crap and get roasted first time out the gate, but it's worth a shot i think:
Highs: 2x Rocket Launcher 2x Small Nosferatu I The rockets are obviously for blowing things up... the nosferatus are so you can sustain the AB, web, and disruptor by using your enemy's capacitor 
Meds: 1x 1MN Afterburner I 1x Stasis Webifier I 1x Warp Scrambler I (the 2-strength 5km one) 1x Cap Recharger I The afterburner is to help tackle your enemy before he figures out what's going on (you shouldn't be more than 5-10km from him to begin with, but every little bit helps)... the webber and disruptor are to make him stay put... the cap recharger is to help sustain the AB, web, and disruptor 
Lows: 1x Small Armor Repairer I 1x Reactor Control Unit I The small armor repper provides a little tankability if he actually has a way to fight back... since the mids are loaded up to help you tackle him and keep him down, there's no room for a shield booster. The RCU is needed to support the PG requirements of everything else, though if you have engineering lv3, you can replace it with a PDS I and get a boost to your shield recharge and capacity, as well as capacitor recharge and capacity.
I can operate this setup with a three-day-old character with < 850k skill points 
|

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.19 15:27:00 -
[125]
Ok, I have Rocket V and missile launcher V trained up... time to go to town :D Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Matt Hunter
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.03.20 15:29:00 -
[126]
Well, I went up against a Covetor... The light drones ate me up... but I ended up destroying a bunch of scordite in the can.
So I did a bad thing... I went to go kill noob rats... and when noobs targeted and shot at me, I blew them up...
Even got a vet in an ibis.. he was hard to take down.
I'll try harder to find more miners to kill. : / Chuck Norris pretends to be me. |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.21 12:09:00 -
[127]
ōHAHA! This is amazing! I have never seen a corp **** so many people off before!!ö ūOne of my corp mates after our third war deck in one day. 
As two of our wars come to an end, two more started (a third was declared and retracted with in a few hours) One of the corps is a small corp but fly far far far superior ships to us. I decided to give them a fight last nightąbut apparently an Incursus can not take a Typhoon, a Domi and a Nighthawk all at once. Any one alone I am sure I would have won! The other new corp that has war deced us will be able to fight this evening, should be fun!
The last week of war was eventful to say the least, our enemies working together in order to keep us beat up. I will admit they did a pretty good job. Although there were definitely some really really good fights! I mean a Drake and a Vexor on our side lost and a Hyperon and a Rook on their side. I think thatĘs a fair price. We had plenty of highs and lows. I believe a low point would be when we had 3 battleships one or two battle cruisers and a bunch of smaller ships, easily out gunning our war targets, but due to the lack of communication between us and our friends in another corp who were helping us we managed to lose badly. (three people calling primary is bad mmkay?) 
About me! My kills! |

Otto Killar
|
Posted - 2007.03.28 14:15:00 -
[128]
So lately I have been running with my corp into low sec. Our general theory is, if you can lock it, shoot it. Monday night we got together a decent sized frig pack and flew off to low sec to have a little fun. Once we got there we discovered the system was near empty, scouted the belts, scanned a couple ships that turned out to be at moons ect. Then we decide to head to the next low sec system. I get to the gate first and rifter comes though, he is flashing red so I open up on him in my little incursus, and call for my corp mates. After a moment my ships pops, my gang exits warp around the second that I pop and all of them quickly pop the rifter who was already more then half dead. I warp back to high sec and start fitting up a new ship, when I hear:
ōAssault ship shoot it!ö
Followed by a lot of ramble that I can not distinguish weather or not they are alright or what. Shortly it is followed up by:
ōWho is in pods? Use X.ö ōXö ōXö ōXö ōXö Ect. Several more times.
Me: What did you guys do? Solomon: They shot at a Veto guyą Me: LOL! Solomon: DarkElf, known forum *****. Me: ROFL!!! D: I canĘt believe I forgot about sentry gunsą
So an overwhelming defeat, against Darkelfąandąsentry guns. Good times!!
Also another trip to low sec last night consisted of ganking a BC and losing the kill to the belt rats. Also flying my other chars Ferox to Amamake to get my self podded after realizing how far I was from home. I call it jump cloning the hard expensive way!

|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.28 14:16:00 -
[129]
Damn CEO alt!!!! Ugh!! About me! My kills! |

DarkElf
Caldari Veto.
|
Posted - 2007.03.28 16:07:00 -
[130]
Originally by: Darcy Killar Damn CEO alt!!!! Ugh!!
so tell me darcy. why don't ur guys post their loss mails. i had about 7 of ur guys engaged me in my ishkur and they lost god knows how many t1 and t2 frigs by gate guns but only 1 posted their loss mail. do u guys not do posting them?
DE
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.28 17:45:00 -
[131]
Originally by: DarkElf
Originally by: Darcy Killar Damn CEO alt!!!! Ugh!!
so tell me darcy. why don't ur guys post their loss mails. i had about 7 of ur guys engaged me in my ishkur and they lost god knows how many t1 and t2 frigs by gate guns but only 1 posted their loss mail. do u guys not do posting them?
DE
This has been my absolute BIGGEST issue lately. 95 people in corp, and I am the only person enforcing anything, it gets hard. I had to apologize to the people we had a war with last for the same thing. I donĘt know, why no one does it. I am going to start slapping them all! 
-Excessive use of smily award right here!-  About me! My kills! |

DarkElf
Caldari Veto.
|
Posted - 2007.03.28 20:40:00 -
[132]
Originally by: Darcy Killar
Originally by: DarkElf
Originally by: Darcy Killar Damn CEO alt!!!! Ugh!!
so tell me darcy. why don't ur guys post their loss mails. i had about 7 of ur guys engaged me in my ishkur and they lost god knows how many t1 and t2 frigs by gate guns but only 1 posted their loss mail. do u guys not do posting them?
DE
This has been my absolute BIGGEST issue lately. 95 people in corp, and I am the only person enforcing anything, it gets hard. I had to apologize to the people we had a war with last for the same thing. I donĘt know, why no one does it. I am going to start slapping them all! 
-Excessive use of smily award right here!- 
haha get ur wrist to work dishing out those slaps.
Being a ceo of a corp that size is an extrememly challenging task and totally understand. what u need is some informed and motivated directors to delegate to.
well 1 of the wolf pilots posted his loss so i managed to get that km from ur board. it was probably a good learning experience for them anyway, and the t2 fitted af's lost a bit of isk but at least the t1 frigs lost sod all really. and it gave me a good chuckle. remember to advise them, not -5, don't engage under sentries in frigs 
DE
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.03.29 11:33:00 -
[133]
Darkness Inc.Ęs first gate camp ever!
Last night I had a small gang put together to go tool around low sec and shoot things. Couple BCs and a few frigs. Nothing too major but enough to kill some dumb belt ratters ect. As we jump through the first gate into low sec one of my gang members had some computer issues and had to log. I figured he was just reloging his client and coming back on. So me and the other BC sat back at the gate waiting for him to return while the frig pilots scoured the local area for anything in space. Soon the two of us at the gate got bored and started trying to lock everything that jumped thought. Most was frigs or shuttles, we missed all of them due to not really be set up to gate camp. Finally after a little wait (not too too long) a Badger jumps in, we lock it down no problem and blow it to bits!
Darkness Inc.Ęs first gate camping loot:
Mining Upgrade I
Ok, that cost less then the ammo I used! So we stayed a bit longer, it was getting late for some of my pilots, including the on I was camping with. So we were planning to head back to high sec soon, when a shuttle jumped in and just sat thereą Auto-piloting shuttle!? Ending in lowsec? 20-30 seconds later we lock him down. Still hasnĘt moved. Blow him away. Still hasnĘt moved. Pod just chills there. Loot the wreck, and it is chalk full of BPOs!!! We look at the kill mail, more BPOs!
Auto-piloting in low sec with over 100 mil isk in your hold is badąfor you. Not us however, we are quite pleased. Please do it the next time we gate camp too!!!
 About me! My kills! |

Tharim
Villains
|
Posted - 2007.03.29 12:57:00 -
[134]
Go darcy! 
You really do rediscover EVE when you turn piwate. Havent got any hatemails yet though. 14 days of pirating and the worst thing a victim has said to me was: "pfft kids :P"
Anyway, go go! 
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 14:34:00 -
[135]
The other day I load up an old Osprey I had laying around. I fit it with a decent tank, web, scram, and some guns andą a mining laser. I sail out to some random system not far from home lock and load on a roid and sit back and chill. A few min latter my corp mate shows up in a similar fitted Dessy locks on a roid and starts tossing ore into my can. A little while latter a Caracal shows up and approaches us. I lock on andą
Donovan Killar: Go away! Caracal Guy: Unlock and I will leave you alone. Donovan Killar: Go away! Anth0ny Cash: Killar, just unlock him, please I want to just mine in peace! Donovan Killar: No dude, I am going to defend our ore! We mined it, its ours!
Ect: Continue bickering between me and my corp mate, me being aggressive and him being the hapless miner, until Caracal Guy (not his real name, so no sniping please) decides to convo meą
Caracal Guy > unlock me now or i take the ore and u die Donovan Killar > go away Caracal Guy > unlock me and i will Donovan Killar > go away and I will not kill you Caracal Guy > ha Caracal Guy > lets see then Caracal Guy > do your worst Donovan Killar > =) see ya Donovan Killar > hey look...you didn't even get my shield down. =P Caracal Guy > now u about to see my bs Caracal Guy > ha such a noob move Caracal Guy > have a nice death
Needless to say we killed his Caracal with ease. We then called in a few corp members to the gate hoping he would come back in a BS, never showed up. Now let me tell you, this tactic does not work against a Recon shipą
Anth0ny Cash: ItĘs a recon shipąshould we shoot it? Donovan Killar: Ehąwhy not?
We both died quickly there after with a good laugh.

About me! Darkness Inc. Recruitment! |

Anth0ny Cash
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 16:03:00 -
[136]
Originally by: Darcy Killar The other day I load up an old Osprey I had laying around. I fit it with a decent tank, web, scram, and some guns andą a mining laser. I sail out to some random system not far from home lock and load on a roid and sit back and chill. A few min latter my corp mate shows up in a similar fitted Dessy locks on a roid and starts tossing ore into my can. A little while latter a Caracal shows up and approaches us. I lock on andą
Donovan Killar: Go away! Caracal Guy: Unlock and I will leave you alone. Donovan Killar: Go away! Anth0ny Cash: Killar, just unlock him, please I want to just mine in peace! Donovan Killar: No dude, I am going to defend our ore! We mined it, its ours!
Ect: Continue bickering between me and my corp mate, me being aggressive and him being the hapless miner, until Caracal Guy (not his real name, so no sniping please) decides to convo meą
Caracal Guy > unlock me now or i take the ore and u die Donovan Killar > go away Caracal Guy > unlock me and i will Donovan Killar > go away and I will not kill you Caracal Guy > ha Caracal Guy > lets see then Caracal Guy > do your worst Donovan Killar > =) see ya Donovan Killar > hey look...you didn't even get my shield down. =P Caracal Guy > now u about to see my bs Caracal Guy > ha such a noob move Caracal Guy > have a nice death
Needless to say we killed his Caracal with ease. We then called in a few corp members to the gate hoping he would come back in a BS, never showed up. Now let me tell you, this tactic does not work against a Recon shipą
Anth0ny Cash: ItĘs a recon shipąshould we shoot it? Donovan Killar: Ehąwhy not?
We both died quickly there after with a good laugh.

Lies!!!!! I started mining in my Thrasher, you came and started filling my can! And I thought that recon is a cov-ops, I just asked should we shoot the lach, you said why not and he slaughtered us :) I am cool cause I started mining op, you are not!! Enough lies already!!  |

Drunk Driver
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 16:51:00 -
[137]
PvP is a fun part of Eve. Sounds like you figured that out.
Nice post.
Nothing like the school of hard knocks to teach you the ropes.
Good luck and keep up the pew, pew! |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 16:55:00 -
[138]
Yeah yeah I realized I screwed up the order of events, however it read well this way and I figured IĘd leave it. Sorry Anth0ny! About me! Darkness Inc. Recruitment! |

Anth0ny Cash
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 19:22:00 -
[139]
Originally by: Darcy Killar Yeah yeah I realized I screwed up the order of events, however it read well this way and I figured IĘd leave it. Sorry Anth0ny!
Ofc, I was kiddin', it was really good read this way, we should do more mining ops like this one :) |

Rhaegor Stormborn
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 21:24:00 -
[140]
Awesome thread. Makes me want to get home and log in badly.
|

Soporo
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 23:41:00 -
[141]
The more I learn about Killmails and KB practises of other Corps, the less I like.
An infamous Empire gank corp/alliance often don't post losses apparently (rumor), I know of 2 other random corps who dont (fact), and a couple more I suspect.
As is, a Killboard means nothing without in-game auto management. I am not a fan of KM's or the whole KB mentality, it causes excessive podding and cornholes peoples sec status, and limits EVERYONES attempts at ransoming.
However IF Kill and Death mails MUST persist, I would get behind an IN-GAME AUTO MANAGED basic KB, if nothing else it should record ship type kill and loss and names. Hell, for that matter CCP, charge Corps/Alliance 5 bucks a month to pay for a Corp/Alliance style access or something. No idea if this is even possible or desired with the current NFS initiatives.
Sorry to rant here, but back on topic, I must say, Darcy when I think of you I think : Wide eyed chuckling insanity.
|

Saint Lazarus
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 11:09:00 -
[142]
Originally by: Soporo Edited by: Soporo on 04/04/2007 23:48:13
The more I learn about Killmails and KB practises of other Corps, the less I like.
An infamous Empire gank corp/alliance often don't post losses apparently (rumor), I know of 2 other random corps who dont (fact), and a couple more I suspect.
As is, a Killboard means nothing without in-game auto management. If the kill/loss ratio is all lies, why do people even have them??
I am not a fan of KM's or the whole KB mentality, it causes excessive podding and cornholes peoples sec status, and limits EVERYONES attempts at ransoming.
However IF Kill and Death mails MUST persist, I would get behind an in-game auto managed basic KB, if nothing else it should record ship type kill and loss and names. Hell, even if it only recorded estimated isk kill/loss. Hell, for that matter CCP, charge Corps/Alliance 5 bucks a month to pay for a Corp/Alliance style access or something. No idea if this is even possible or desired with the current NFS initiatives.
Sorry to rant here, but back on topic, I must say, Darcy when I think of you I think : Wild eyed chuckling insanity.
For the record I NEVER want something like that, never want to use it or NEVER want it in game KB are a waste of time as it is, never use one for kills or losses all I do is look at enemey KB's and bingo you know what ships they're using, where they hang out, players to look our for, players to prey on (You know the ones, the noobs with civ shield boosters in the loss mail of a drake). Its more of a help to their enemeys and distract corp with e-peen stroking, guys popping EVERYTHING in sight just for points, and bragging about taking down BS's and then you see 15 guys on the KM =/. PLUS the fact every KB I see is HORRIBLY inaccurate, completely fails to take into account insurance, fact is if you lose a BC you lose no more than 9/10 mil after insurance pays out. Same with any big ships and the tech 2 ships dont cost enough seein as the insurance on them is so low
anyway sorry to rant here to, I use KB to help keep track of targets but I still find the whole idea idiotic lol.
But who cares no ones gonna force me use one ever again ^__^
ps Darcy YYYARRRRR!!!
:insert cool signature here: |

Carbon Argon
Minmatar Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.10 10:50:00 -
[143]
Damn it, I just joined a few hours ago and the max on at anytime has been 3 and none of them knew how to type =/
Empty now, as it has been for an hour.
I hope you guys acre actually active, cause ye, I'm sick to death of looking for an active pirate corp that does not have the pre-req of 4 mill skills etc.
I'll stay joined for now.
|

Otto Killar
|
Posted - 2007.04.10 11:48:00 -
[144]
I usually see 10 to 20 online at a time when I am on...with a few afk. We are active for sure. I donno how your play times match up but I recruit across the globe. Sorry if it is an off time for corp... 
|

Otto Killar
|
Posted - 2007.04.10 11:48:00 -
[145]
I usually see 10 to 20 online at a time when I am on...with a few afk. We are active for sure. I donno how your play times match up but I recruit across the globe. Sorry if it is an off time for corp... 
|

DarkElf
Veto. Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2007.04.10 12:34:00 -
[146]
Originally by: Soporo As is, a Killboard means nothing without in-game auto management. If the kill/loss ratio is all lies, why do people even have them??
I am not a fan of KM's or the whole KB mentality, it causes excessive podding and cornholes peoples sec status, and limits EVERYONES attempts at ransoming.
You're right. I use a killboard to measure my own activity and as a corp we use it to gauge ppl's activities, monitor their progress and to see any areaas of improving combat effectiveness. this is what they should be used for.
it is not an epeen waving site because no killboard is infallable and most i would say that are waved about do not accurately reflect ppl's actual combat history.
DE
courtesy of Raggii |

DarkElf
Veto. Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2007.04.10 12:34:00 -
[147]
Originally by: Soporo As is, a Killboard means nothing without in-game auto management. If the kill/loss ratio is all lies, why do people even have them??
I am not a fan of KM's or the whole KB mentality, it causes excessive podding and cornholes peoples sec status, and limits EVERYONES attempts at ransoming.
You're right. I use a killboard to measure my own activity and as a corp we use it to gauge ppl's activities, monitor their progress and to see any areaas of improving combat effectiveness. this is what they should be used for.
it is not an epeen waving site because no killboard is infallable and most i would say that are waved about do not accurately reflect ppl's actual combat history.
DE
courtesy of Raggii |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.10 19:53:00 -
[148]
I set pods on our KB to 10,000 ISK a long while back. Basically the thought behind this was to prevent the podding just for the KB and since most of us do not fly implants its close a damn nuff! (actual cost of a clone is more but you know itĘs the general idea across) About me! Darkness Inc. Recruitment! |

Lal QelThyr
|
Posted - 2007.04.11 00:04:00 -
[149]
I dont think I have ever been online when there wasnt someone else on in the Corp, maybe when I first joined but thats because there was like, 10 people 
|

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.13 15:40:00 -
[150]
So a week or so back we were headed to Low sec to set up a gate camp some place in the middle of no where. One Drake, One Myrmidon, On Ferox. I was flying Donovan happily in a Ferox built pretty much only to tackle when we jump through our second low sec gate and a Damnation come with us!! Seconds later I hear the Drake pilot on Comms saying he is locked down and taking fire! Seconds later a Astarte jumps in!!! Me and the myrmidon pilot figureąit costs less to lose a Drake then a Mymidon, a Drake, and a Ferox and so we decide to...RUNNN!!!!!
Darcy on Comms: How you doin Gyp? Gyp on Comms: Shields holding 40% Darcy on Comms: ącome again? Gyp on Comms: Shields holding 40% Darcy: ą 
With that we decide to go back and try and call a primary and work with the Sentry guns to try and down one. When we get back an HAC jumps in and proceeds to help them! They realize the Drake is a bit of a hard target and turn their guns on my Ferox, which I promptly get blowen up. Warp in my pod back to station and listen as Gyp manages to Tank 2 Command ships and an HAC until they run out of cap boosters and give up trying to kill himą and yet again 
All in all, it was worth it to say I have seen a Drake tank 2 CS and a HAC!!!
About me! Darkness Inc. Recruitment! |

blade enforcer
|
Posted - 2007.04.16 22:03:00 -
[151]
ive been reading your posts with great interest/ As such ive actualy subsctibed to eve as ive been meaning to for the past week or so. My first couple of hours was doing the newbie missions to get some isk, then i got enough money nad a little donation from a friend and i got my punisher and a basic setup.
I found my way to a nearby system to the corps office and caused mayhem. i got 4 kestrels and a osprey blown up by concord, no idea how mind. did the swapping can thing and blew up about 4 full cans worth of minerals. nice fun day, i wonder what i will do tomorrow
|

Ishanda
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.22 22:19:00 -
[152]
Edited by: Ishanda on 22/04/2007 22:18:08 Darcy being away on vacation, I will have to make do...
This weekend has been a blast for Darkness. We'd been wardec'ed by a supposedly merc alliance named Damage Inc. For the first part of the week, they're camping our HQ with numbers vastly superior to our own, so we vacate the constellation for a bit.
Come the weekend, though... we strike back. On Saturday afternoon after downtime we had 3 engagements across a 3 hour period, that resulted in 5 BS, 6 BC, 1 HAC, 1 cruiser and 2 AF kills for the loss of 4 frigates and a destroyer. Later in the day we engage again, killing another BS and 2 BCs for no losses (I think). We lost a couple of BCs and cruisers as well in random fights - but it's all in good fun. It's definitely been the most fun I've had in EVE so far - beats carebearing any day!
As always - if you're interested in the work of DKI, do check the link in Darcy's signature. 
|

T'Renn
Crimson Squall
|
Posted - 2007.04.23 00:31:00 -
[153]
Good to see ya doin well! Keep up the good work - I'm one of your biggest fans. --
Wanna be a low-sec scumbag? |

Gypsio III
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.23 11:15:00 -
[154]
Quote: Come the weekend, though... we strike back. On Saturday afternoon after downtime we had 3 engagements across a 3 hour period, that resulted in 5 BS, 6 BC, 1 HAC, 1 cruiser and 2 AF kills for the loss of 4 frigates and a destroyer. Later in the day we engage again, killing another BS and 2 BCs for no losses (I think). We lost a couple of BCs and cruisers as well in random fights - but it's all in good fun. It's definitely been the most fun I've had in EVE so far - beats carebearing any day!
Saturday was amazing! We'd only had minor engagements beforehand, as most of us had dispersed to avoid Damage's superior firepower. But we got some well-balanced, well-organised gangs together and repeatedly engaged! 
Our killboard shows that on Saturday, vs. Damage, we killed 5 BS, 7 BC, 1 HAC, 4 AF, 1 inty, 1 cruiser and 4 frigs, and lost 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 5 frigates and an indy. 
Assuming losses have been posted and my maths is ok... neither can be counted upon.
|

Nox Aeterna
|
Posted - 2007.04.23 20:58:00 -
[155]
Originally by: Samirol its a slippery slope, before you know it, you wont be mission running anymore and you will be pirating full time
hehehe...same boat here. Started a pirate alt. Had too much fun. Dropped law-abiding main. And now no corp wants me because I look like an alt :p
|

Winkle255882
|
Posted - 2007.04.24 07:51:00 -
[156]
Sounds a laugh! [Darcy Killar] What system are you in/around i fancy a pop at ya, im a week old noob with a low class frigate. Been looking for someone fight at a similar level. Maybe we can gang up and try to take on something much larger.
|

Speedie Tappaja
Minmatar Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.04.24 07:58:00 -
[157]
i have popped ebil piwate darcy :P does that make me antipiwate?  ---------------------------------------------- Cory Rose > speeeeder man speeeeder man does whatever his speeder can 1213ms anytime warps in and out when it is prime lookout here comes the speeder ma |

Interfekter
Minmatar Vitae Mecha
|
Posted - 2007.04.24 11:00:00 -
[158]
great thread!
|

Eardianm
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.04.24 16:00:00 -
[159]
Originally by: Winkle255882 Sounds a laugh! [Darcy Killar] What system are you in/around i fancy a pop at ya, im a week old noob with a low class frigate. Been looking for someone fight at a similar level. Maybe we can gang up and try to take on something much larger.
Sobaseki mainly, although you can usually find some of us spread out across most of Lonetrek.
Of course, Darcy is enjoying sun and sand right now, the jerk, so you'll have to wait till Wednesday or Thursday 
|

Korsk Feldrik
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 17:42:00 -
[160]
I gotta get me some of this! I am officially inspired!    
Tastes like Chikin! |

Kaori Misaki
Gallente Federal Navy Academy
|
Posted - 2007.04.25 19:31:00 -
[161]
I was inspired to a life of piracy by Darcy and got my first kill not twenty minutes ago. Flipped the can of a gallente hauler in Mies and waited around to see if he'd steal from me. He did, even though I was orbiting around him at 5km. I locked and scrammed him, followed up with a web and whittled away at his ship. It was fun. Then he brought in a minmatar destroyer and scrammed me, but I scooted out of there with 85% structure.
Loot: Tech 2 Cargo Expander! |

Darcy Killar
Gallente Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.05.18 15:25:00 -
[162]
Its been a while, I know but I went off on vacation and came back to a couple wars that wereąWAY out of my corps league (not that we didnĘt shoot at gank groups of BSes in frigs, we didąjustąnot effectively. ) So what have I been up to lately? Shooting stuff!!!...Duh!
Well the other day I was flying around in my Incursus looking for cans to flip (no one mines in Sobaseki anymore) After about a solid hour and a half of only finding one or two cans belonging most likely to macro miners, I got very bored. So I thought, how can I get some insane combat, good combat. Who will fight me? I look over at Eardainm, one of my directors flying a long side meąand shoot him. He promptly puts me in structure ( he was in a Drake after all) I go repair, and hunt down Ishanda another one of my directors, andąshoot him. He puts me in my pod (Domi>Incursus) and I head homeąbut with an idea. Half taken from shooting my corp mates, and half taken from a thread I read from Eve-U a few weeks back (months perhaps?)
The idea grew a bit (yes I can think, no I do not choose my battles, but I can think) That day I set up a Frigate Free for All. Scheduled for the following Thursday. As it got closer my directors donated more money to raise the prizes and when it finally arrived we were set up with some great prizes. Decent sums of ISK to the winners, 10 free firgs to the top loser, andądun dun dun!...the Highlander Prize, if you can kill everyone else in tourney at least once and NOT die, then you win a Faction Frig! Everything was set, posted it in our corp forums, sent out a corp mail. We were good to go.
Thursday arrived. The time came, we all warped in. 10 of us in T1 Frigs with T1 fits. We started to blast away. Eardainm took a quick lead with his MWDed Light Missile Kessy, blowing up KitawassĘs Rifter from long out of his range. Seconds later Revilot fell to IncantareĘs Rocket Kessy, soon to be followed by DrakkinĘs super fast MWDed condor taking one too many volleys from EadainmĘs Kessy. Shortly after DĘrokk also took a pummeling from Eard and went down. I was flying right in the center of it all with my tanked to hell and back Merlin, but in the end I couldnĘt tank all 4 people blasting at me at once and went down to KitawassĘs Rifter. It appeared that EardĘs Kessy was unstoppable! Getting several more kills before getting swamped down and popped by just about everyone on the field. The battle raged on with frigs exploding and pods warping out, new ships returning to the field. Gypsio gave Eard a run for his money, racking up the kills like crazy after EardĘs Kessy popped. But in the end EardĘs spurt at the beginning of the battle and not losing any other ships made him win out in the end. All in all around 40+ frigates were destroyed in Sobaseki last night.
This was the most fun I have had since I got back from vacation! I fully intend to do it again and hope to get more people from my corp to join up!
Fly Dangerously!!! 
About me! Darkness Inc. Recruitment! |

Syril Sneer
|
Posted - 2007.05.18 16:45:00 -
[163]
Originally by: Darcy Killar
Thursday arrived. The time came, we all warped in. 10 of us in T1 Frigs with T1 fits. We started to blast away. Eardainm took a quick lead with his MWDed Light Missile Kessy, blowing up KitawassĘs Rifter from long out of his range. Seconds later Revilot fell to IncantareĘs Rocket Kessy, soon to be followed by DrakkinĘs super fast MWDed condor taking one too many volleys from EadainmĘs Kessy. Shortly after DĘrokk also took a pummeling from Eard and went down. I was flying right in the center of it all with my tanked to hell and back Merlin, but in the end I couldnĘt tank all 4 people blasting at me at once and went down to KitawassĘs Rifter. It appeared that EardĘs Kessy was unstoppable! Getting several more kills before getting swamped down and popped by just about everyone on the field. The battle raged on with frigs exploding and pods warping out, new ships returning to the field. Gypsio gave Eard a run for his money, racking up the kills like crazy after EardĘs Kessy popped. But in the end EardĘs spurt at the beginning of the battle and not losing any other ships made him win out in the end. All in all around 40+ frigates were destroyed in Sobaseki last night.
I didn't have time to join the tourny but I witnessed it for about 20 mins and it was great. I'll do my best to be involved in the next one.
Sign up to Darkness Inc - it's where all the cool kids are at.

|

Gypsio III
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.06.26 20:50:00 -
[164]
Hmmm. I think a quick update is in order.
We've just finished a couple more wars! First we were wardecced by Bottomfeeders Inc., for two weeks. These guys seem to be a fairly experienced corp, previously in 0.0 with KOS. Unfortunately, most of them seemed to be US time, especially West Coast, which didn't really suit our EU pilots...
The timezone thing was annoying, so after the first week we wardecced a couple of carebear corps who'd been rude to us or something. Only to find ourselves getting wardecced by a competent merc corp, Thunderstruck! What a coincidence! 
So the last week, we've been fighting the combined forces of Thunderstruck and Bottomfeeders. It was tough at times - many of our main pilots have been busy at work or on holiday. Our first two engagements vs. Thunderstruck weren't particularly successful... using smartbombs at a highsec gate is a risky idea, especially when you're outgunned anyway! But we made a strong comeback last weekend and got some nice kills in.
Overall, we killed 2 BS, 6 BCs, 1 recon, 2 HACs, 5 AFs, 3 inties, 2 cruisers and 3 frigates, for the loss of 5 BS, 6 BCs, 1 recon, 1 AF, 12 cruisers, 1 covops, 2 dessies and 12 frigates.
So what's that in ISK terms? A slight defeat? Depends on how much those HACs cost vs the BS, really. The main damage was done by Thunderstruck, we were rather more successful against Bottomfeeders. Whatever, it's been good fun and we've gained a lot of good experience... 
|

GarySqeuak
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.06.26 22:45:00 -
[165]
Originally by: Gypsio III we've gained a lot of good experience... 
Like don't hit warp to zero on a gang mate when in a Rook and try to tackle a Deimos only to not succeed in jamming with every jammer and become primary.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 :: [one page] |