| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Harudath
Sonic Intoxication Sovereign Technologies
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.19 12:01:00 -
[1] - Quote
Hey all,
I have zero experience in this area, hence needing to ask the question. I was talking to somebody a few days ago, and found that they rent themselves out to corporations/alliances as a carrier pilot for more-than-a-couple billion a pop. Do players do this much or did I bump into a loose cannon?
Hope this isn't the wrong area to post in.
Thanks,
Haru |

Grey Stormshadow
Starwreck Industries
465
|
Posted - 2011.12.19 12:05:00 -
[2] - Quote
Yep... send me 2 billion and I will be your man.
|

Harudath
Sonic Intoxication Sovereign Technologies
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.19 12:10:00 -
[3] - Quote
Are the Princes of Nigeria alliance recruiting? :p I'm not looking to hire, anyway, just curious as to whether I can sell myself without requiring an "agent" in the future. |

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
79
|
Posted - 2011.12.19 12:13:00 -
[4] - Quote
Harudath wrote:sell myself without requiring an "agent" in the future. As long as you aren't on any street owned by that "agent" you should be fine.
[img]http://desusig.crumplecorn.com/sig.php?r=*rnd*[/img] Desusigs can be seen on the terribad new forums using bbcode enabling script (scroll down to my post for sig rotation) |

Skydell
Space Mermaids
16
|
Posted - 2011.12.19 12:55:00 -
[5] - Quote
- In your defence: Expect to be ganked and become a carrier killmail.
- In the defence of anyone using this service: If I give my stuff to strangers, I don't expect it back. Thats why i don't give it to them.
EVE mechanics simply don't allow for this kind of option without rediculous risk on both sides. |

Harudath
Sonic Intoxication Sovereign Technologies
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.19 13:13:00 -
[6] - Quote
What if a third party was used to handle money, so that the risk is reduced? -Pilot doesn't show up until payment is confirmed in limbo -Money isn't paid out until pilot confirms he is safe/the job is completed or has otherwise fulfilled his contract -Pilot could give a deposit to the third party to ensure he doesn't run off with a ship if one is borrowed
There's probably a few more |

Wacktopia
Sicarius. The Kadeshi
60
|
Posted - 2011.12.19 14:07:00 -
[7] - Quote
Harudath wrote:What if a third party was used to handle money, so that the risk is reduced? -Pilot doesn't show up until payment is confirmed in limbo -Money isn't paid out until pilot confirms he is safe/the job is completed or has otherwise fulfilled his contract -Pilot could give a deposit to the third party to ensure he doesn't run off with a ship if one is borrowed
There's probably a few more
I'm sure Cribba's third party service would work in this case. There would probably need to be an additional, returnable payment into the escrow to cover against loss. |

Phizban
The Needs Of The Few The Needs Of The Few Many
44
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 06:27:00 -
[8] - Quote
You really really want a Carrier killmail?
I got a Thanatos just begging to be ripped apart, and not by 1000 rifters. No player event...
I will entertain interesting offers.
What I meant to say is, yes, I can be rented cheap. |

ObieWan Kenobieie
Machtpolitik Test Friends Please Ignore
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 07:40:00 -
[9] - Quote
lol, thats an idea.
How much would someone pay a carrier alt to fake a kill mail? Thats funny. buying a kill-board stat. E-stat/etc. |

Florestan Bronstein
United Highsec Front The 99 Percent
206
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 08:05:00 -
[10] - Quote
ObieWan Kenobieie wrote:lol, thats an idea.
How much would someone pay a carrier alt to fake a kill mail? Thats funny. buying a kill-board stat. E-stat/etc. when everyone was busy building battleships and blowing them up for insurance some producers sold battleship killmails to people who wanted to pad their killboard (affer all the producer didn't care whether the battleship gets blown up by station guns or by other players as long as he gets the insurance payout and salvage) . |

Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
58
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 08:37:00 -
[11] - Quote
Some mercs will rent out Carrier Pilots to perform a job, but they usually have support fleets. This is usually very expensive and requires a third party.
As far as renting out a carrier outright, I would just say buy one for the cost that it might take to rent one. |

Harudath
Sonic Intoxication Sovereign Technologies
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 08:42:00 -
[12] - Quote
The presumption is that if they need to hire one then they have no available pilots to fly it, so they're renting the pilot's skills rather than the actual hull |

Ciar Meara
Virtus Vindice
353
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 08:50:00 -
[13] - Quote
So your talking about mercs I assume? Yes mercs (mercenaries) are a big part of eve. So are scams. - [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow] |

Harudath
Sonic Intoxication Sovereign Technologies
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 09:40:00 -
[14] - Quote
Pretty much, yeah, mercenaries |

Wacktopia
Sicarius. The Kadeshi
62
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 12:43:00 -
[15] - Quote
Gerrick Palivorn wrote:Some mercs will rent out Carrier Pilots to perform a job, but they usually have support fleets. This is usually very expensive and requires a third party.
As far as renting out a carrier outright, I would just say buy one for the cost that it might take to rent one.
I think they're interested in the Pilot too; as in they want both the Carrier and someone to pilot it.
|

Wacktopia
Sicarius. The Kadeshi
62
|
Posted - 2011.12.20 12:43:00 -
[16] - Quote
*snip* |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |