| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 08:29:00 -
[1]
I put my first post in skills a while back - no responses worthwhile.
Can anyone tell me if EW Drones are worthwhile ?
I've read the writeups about EW generally, but the EW drones sound like a really great idea - but badly implemented. Any details or posts about them I'd appreciate also.
Do they get bonuses for range and strength off your EW skills? Are they really worthwhile at all ? Is it just me or do they only do magnetometric EW? o.O
Thanks a lot RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 08:35:00 -
[2]
My bad sorry I should've been more specific - I'm talking mostly about ECM Drones. ;)
RR>
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Max Hardcase
Art of War Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 09:49:00 -
[3]
I'd say yes. Depending on your target. Keep in mind you'd only get 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 ecm str per drone. ( S M L ) Better than the other EW drones though given that ECM drones dont stack.
|

Mithrindar
Caldari Fury Corporation
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 10:17:00 -
[4]
Large ew drones can be good on ships like blaster mega's. From a defensive pov mediums are handy, I had an npcer raven escape me the other day thanks to his ecm drones breaking my lock.
so the answer is yes in the correct circumstances.
Fury website |

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 10:45:00 -
[5]
Thanks been hard to get replies. Nice to see some. I was actually considering the following KIND of build for fleet/gang ops.
Bellicose ;) 3 Heavy Missile Launchers. 2 Drone Link Augmentors.
2 Sensor Boosters. 1 Multispec ECM. 1 Target Painter.
Cpu's or a mix of Cpu's and passive resistant plating.
I have good drone skills so mine are usually pretty quick.
3 Medium ECM Drones 2 Light ECM Drones.
I just re-checked, the lights are actually strength 1, medium 1.5 and heavy 2...!!
kinda neat.
Anyhow, I use this build for gate camps and 100km distance from targets. Rigs are optional of course and make for better/faster/stronger drones - like the bionic man! 
RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

NoNah
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 11:23:00 -
[6]
So youre sniping... with heavy missiles? Very interesting choise my friend, how long does it take before they actually hit?
As for ECM-drones, why would you want to use them? If youre in a gatecamp, wouldnt you be able to just warp off 999 times out of a thousand, should any risk arise? I would instead like to direct your attention to the sentry drones, wich can activly aid your sniping, and from my pov, do a better job than 3 heavy launchers.
|

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 12:46:00 -
[7]
Quote: I was actually considering the following KIND of build for fleet/gang ops.
I'm usually not alone with this build, I'd just go for damage otherwise. I generally go for a scout/rear-scout position sitting 100km off a gate noone else is checking. If engaged, ecm/missile would be the way for me - and ask for people to warp in.
As the sig says, I'm mostly a miner, I take on support roles in fleet engagements. ECM isn't a bad support role.
I'll definately check out the sentry drones tho thanks ;)
RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

smallgreenblur
Minmatar Wreckless Abandon The UnAssociated
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 12:49:00 -
[8]
Not a lot of point sniping with ecm drones. I would either go for this kind of setup:
artys,
dampners,
tank / damage
drones - sentries
Or this type:
autos / missiles
ecm / tackling
tank / damage
drones - ecm
for what you want to do.
sgb
|

Justice Bringer
Minmatar United Univers
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 14:52:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Revolution Rising Thanks been hard to get replies. Nice to see some. I was actually considering the following KIND of build for fleet/gang ops.
Bellicose ;) 3 Heavy Missile Launchers. 2 Drone Link Augmentors.
2 Sensor Boosters. 1 Multispec ECM. 1 Target Painter.
Cpu's or a mix of Cpu's and passive resistant plating.
I have good drone skills so mine are usually pretty quick.
3 Medium ECM Drones 2 Light ECM Drones.
I just re-checked, the lights are actually strength 1, medium 1.5 and heavy 2...!!
kinda neat.
Anyhow, I use this build for gate camps and 100km distance from targets. Rigs are optional of course and make for better/faster/stronger drones - like the bionic man! 
RR.
If you're sending your drones out to beyond 50km then you really need to make them get there quick!!
You should consider using a Drone Navigation Computer in your med slot (2 would be better) to give your drones the speed boost that they need to travel long distances.
Remember the further away they go the more dispensible they should be so don't expect them to survive. However do give them a fighting chance and go with 2 DNCs as I've tried this and it works very well on my Ishtar.
Consider changing your med slots to:
Med: 2 x Drone Navigation Computer, 1 x Sensor booster, Sensor Damper/ECM
If you have decent targeting skills (electronics) you shouldn't need 2 sensor boosters as 1 will give you more than 100km range quite comfortably. Just try different fitings to see how it feels and have fun 
Justice 
|

Kruel
Blunt Force Syndicate
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 16:05:00 -
[10]
ECM drones cheat. 
|

Veneth
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 16:25:00 -
[11]
I like the ecm drones a lot personally I've had some good luck with them, on such ships like the stabber that one little ecm drone is great, I've had many pilots attempt to shoot it down while I kill them :) I don't know if it ever jammed them but hey they dedicated firepower off me to the drone, pretty decent!
|

Wintermoon
Interstellar eXodus R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.03.02 17:38:00 -
[12]
Try 2 sensor dampeners on a celestis with 4 medium ECM drones.
It is a hair pulling exercise for your opponent. 
|

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 01:24:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Wintermoon Try 2 sensor dampeners on a celestis with 4 medium ECM drones.
It is a hair pulling exercise for your opponent. 
I'm definately going to try this ;)
RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Joahanas Stone
Caldari Confederation of Red Moon
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 01:33:00 -
[14]
ECM drones are pretty much my standard. They have helped me out a few times in my raven I use in 0.0 for ratting. Typically I set up with all t2 cruise launchers, two nos, 2 sensor dampeners and a bay of ecm drones. when I have PVP ships coming in, I jump to about 100 k from a gate, let out the drones, and so far every inty that has come after my solo raven has run with structure damage. I have not even taken a single point in damage to my shields. I will say I have not tried it with a gang of hostiles in system yet. My raven is just way expensive.
|

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 01:37:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Justice Bringer If you're sending your drones out to beyond 50km then you really need to make them get there quick!!
You should consider using a Drone Navigation Computer in your med slot (2 would be better) to give your drones the speed boost that they need to travel long distances.
Remember the further away they go the more dispensible they should be so don't expect them to survive. However do give them a fighting chance and go with 2 DNCs as I've tried this and it works very well on my Ishtar.
Consider changing your med slots to:
Med: 2 x Drone Navigation Computer, 1 x Sensor booster, Sensor Damper/ECM
If you have decent targeting skills (electronics) you shouldn't need 2 sensor boosters as 1 will give you more than 100km range quite comfortably. Just try different fitings to see how it feels and have fun 
Justice 
Definately. I am still 17 hours from being able to use ECM drones (training EW 4 now).
So this is a theoretical build.
I have Nav computers in my corp hangar but haven't been using them because I've been using warrior 1's (fastest light drone) and they don't need em ;) I tried them with the warrior 1's and didn't see a great speed change, but I did notice them hitting some sansha's a lot less because I didn't put the drone targetting computer in at the time. CPU and slot limitations prohibited me from doing it, so I took it all out. I will however try this with the ecm drones, they are a lot slower and won't require the turret tracking.
Thanks for reminding me ;)
RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 10:11:00 -
[16]
Sorry to rebump this, I have a question. Do EW drones tell you when they have jammed something? Like if I jam normally, I get a little timer that tells me "JAM" and the seconds count down for it. Drones give me this readout too ?
RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Lord DevilHanzo
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 10:54:00 -
[17]
Does anyone know of a summary which explains what ECM drones all do ?
Target painters are quite obvious but sensor dampeners and ECM's ?
Do either of these prevent people from getting a lock on you ?
時は金なり - Time is Money
|

Sokratesz
Guardians of Hell's Gate Tactical Narcotics Team
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 11:26:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Sokratesz on 03/03/2007 11:22:52
ECM drones break the lock of your opponent.
Depending on size they get 1 / 1.5 / 2 ECM strength (small / med / large drones). If you are attacking a ship with a sensor strength of 20 with 5 heavy ECM drones, this means that every cycle (20s), each drone has a chance of (2/20) = (1/10) = 10% of breaking his lock.
Combined with 2 sensor dampeners, 5 heavy ECM drones should pretty much permajam anything sub-battleship size, and stand a fairly good chance against battleships. (sensor dampeners increase the time it takes your opponent to re-lock after losing it, hugely increasing the effectiveness of your e-war)
Suicide is bad, hmkay? (clickety clickety) |

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 15:31:00 -
[19]
Dont forget the range modifier for sensor dampeners lol
Some are -48% range for the targetted ship. There are booster modules for them too.
RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Zirth
Caldari The Black Fleet Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2007.03.03 18:06:00 -
[20]
Well, lets just say evertime I've used, or been attacked with ECM drones I got a lock at least once.
Once I fought a nano drake in my low range myrmidon. He had some ECM drones and I lost a lock once (then raped em all. after a few minutes of tanking his ****ty damage, and not being able to get a web on him we called it a day cause it was going nowhere :p)
Another time I set up a crappy thrown together sniping Rokh on the test server for fun. Basically had no tank, 100km optimal, and some real nice damage. So then this Nano domi comes at me, I think feck it it's just test, I'll give it a go. So I sniper him, then switch to low-range ammo when he's close. Was actually able to get some hits on a nano ship with large guns.
So the match is kind of even. He used some nos, and I killed a bunch of his drones. But it got a lil boring cause both our damage output was somewhat crappy in the large-transversal situation. So then my ECM drones get a jam trough, I try to warp, but I'm fat n slow and he gets a scram again. 30 seconds later or so I get another jam, this time already alligned I warped out.
So in my two fights I've gotten 3 jams. Two times on a battleship, once on a BC. There were all light ECM drones.
Now I won't say that they're uber drones. But frigate sized ships vs other frigate sized ships, or cruiser sized even.. Well some ships with a 25m3 drone bay, and fully concentrated on damage will get some super results with ECM drones due to the low signal strength.
Apart from that I'd never use them on say a Myrmidon, replacing my heavies. But if I just have a 25m3 drone bay I'd definately get some, replacing the little damage light drones can do on certain targets, with a get-out-of-jail jamming drone.
|

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.04 01:16:00 -
[21]
Problem I'm having at the moment, they engage target just fine, however, when recalling them - they move about 100m/s... anyone else find this issue ?
Seems nothing works on eve at the moment unless you wish to make a nanophoon or are happy with pew pew pew.
RR.
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Revolution Rising
Minmatar Venture Research and Resources
|
Posted - 2007.03.04 07:14:00 -
[22]
bump
"I'm mostly a miner, but in your case, I'll make an exception... F1, F2, F3..." -- Venture Research and Resources
|

Gneeznow
Minmatar North Eastern Swat Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2007.03.04 09:48:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Revolution Rising Edited by: Revolution Rising on 04/03/2007 01:51:18 Problem I'm having at the moment, they engage target just fine, however, when recalling them - they move between 100-400m/s (supposed to be 3.2km/s)... anyone else find this issue ?
Seems nothing works on eve at the moment unless you wish to make a nanophoon or are happy with pew pew pew.
RR.
I've had the same recalling problem with neut drones, and repper drones :( they seem to be a bit bugged
as for using ecm drones, they are pretty nifty, I've had a mega jam my geddon with them for several cycles :P
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |