| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Maykid Achilles
Angry Dragons Psychotic Tendencies.
6
|
Posted - 2016.06.29 18:58:44 -
[1] - Quote
Hey everyone,
Been looking around and trying to figure out what would be fun to do solo wise every now and then getting bored from level 5's or getting bored of doing my usual thing. What is the instant lock sensor scan that you need to have to lock something up in about 1 second? I hate it when I'm about to engage but waiting forever to lock up the ship and watching it warp off when I could have killed it doesn't make me happy.
So now the question comes down to...
Do I use a instant locking Svipul
[Svipul, BLAP!]
Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Tracking Enhancer II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script Warp Disruptor II
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S 280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S 280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S 280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S [Empty High slot] [Empty High slot]
Small Projectile Locus Coordinator I Small Projectile Locus Coordinator I Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
That costs around 60M
Or do I use a Tornado...
[Tornado, BLAP!]
Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Tracking Enhancer II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I
That roughly costs 102M
Just trying to find something that will pop a frigate or destroyer in 1 shot and playing guerrilla warfare when things get a little to hairy...
Any advice would be awesome since I plan on doing this soon!
Thanks in advance,
-Maykid |

elitatwo
Eve Minions O.U.Z.O. Alliance
1278
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 06:59:18 -
[2] - Quote

Eve Minions is recruiting. Learn from about pvp, learn about ships and how to fly them correctly. Small gang and solo action in high, low and nullsec and w-space alike.
We will teach you everything you need and want to know.
|

Raging Bull Unchained
Signal Lost
1320
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 07:55:15 -
[3] - Quote
I-¦d go with the tornado. #1: it-¦s sexy, #2: more potential BLAP, #3: rangeadvantage over small guns |

Mephiztopheleze
Republic University Minmatar Republic
761
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 08:04:49 -
[4] - Quote
of such ships is hisec ganking made. i'd suggest the 'nado over the Svipul, the ISK:Damage ratio is far better.
instead of fitting all those sensor boosters, if you have an alt that can sit in a Maulus with remote sensor boosters, you can use those slots for something useful, like more tracking and maybe a Target Painter?
i'd also look at the rigs, get some Burst Aerators in there to give you more chance of getting a second shot away before CONCORDUKKEN. Six targeting speed mods run into horrific stacking penalties.
Svipuls are a good lowsec gatecamp ship, not so good for hisec work. An Instalock Arty Thrasher is a better ISK:Damage hull.
Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze
This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura
|

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat FETID
3267
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 11:31:46 -
[5] - Quote
watch out with that nado, if you miss an atron it will kill you 
FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID
Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis
|

Maykid Achilles
Angry Dragons Psychotic Tendencies.
6
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 14:05:34 -
[6] - Quote
The BLAP on a tornado is insane which is a main reason why I would I would pick that as well.
I'm more looking for low sec/null sec gate ganking and never really thought about using an alt with a maulus... I might actually have to give that a shot and use some different mods for the Nado. Will definitely look at the rigs, I would like to be able to get a second shot off before either A. frigate gets to me and tackles me or... B. miss the target entirely and have to warp off to a safe point.
I've seen and had Svipuls kill me pretty hard in low sec so I might end up trying both.
And frigates suck when they get in super close to the Nado....
-Maykid |

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat FETID
3267
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 14:06:51 -
[7] - Quote
try an instalock loki, or a smart bombing proteus, they are fun
FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID
Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis
|

Maykid Achilles
Angry Dragons Psychotic Tendencies.
6
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 15:07:00 -
[8] - Quote
Lan Wang wrote:try an instalock loki, or a smart bombing proteus, they are fun
Do you by chance have a instalock loki fit or SB proteus fit? I've been messing around with a Rokh SB, that's fun until a battleship lands on you... But that's why I love warp core stabs :) But been looking at loki's and for some reason I really like T3's especially after using a Regengu... SO GOOD! But yeah looking for a couple cheap fits/fun times but also looking for that T3 instalock pop.
And yes... I want to be that guy that pops frigates and destroyers right when they uncloak off of a gate.
|

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat FETID
3267
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 15:16:55 -
[9] - Quote
i dont have them on hand ill update this when i get home, the proteus is expensive around 1.2bil, but if your flying regengus then you shouldnt really worry about cost the loki is fun as its a bit more agile than the nado
FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID
Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis
|

Maykid Achilles
Angry Dragons Psychotic Tendencies.
6
|
Posted - 2016.06.30 16:14:33 -
[10] - Quote
Lan Wang wrote:i dont have them on hand ill update this when i get home, the proteus is expensive around 1.2bil, but if your flying regengus then you shouldnt really worry about cost  the loki is fun as its a bit more agile than the nado
Yeah cost for me won't be a problem after a few missions of level 5's =P But yeah I like the Rokh because its cheap and funny as hell to do sometimes. The loki sounds really interesting and kind of nice :) |

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
201
|
Posted - 2016.07.01 13:35:40 -
[11] - Quote
i found hisec pos with no forcefield but with 4 labs and one sma , what ship could be best to suicide gank these structures. wardecs - 24 hour time to dismantle the pos so wardeccing will not work in this case. |

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat FETID
3269
|
Posted - 2016.07.01 13:39:21 -
[12] - Quote
Amak Boma wrote:i found hisec pos with no forcefield but with 4 labs and one sma , what ship could be best to suicide gank these structures. wardecs - 24 hour time to dismantle the pos so wardeccing will not work in this case.
relevant
FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID
Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis
|

elitatwo
Eve Minions O.U.Z.O. Alliance
1280
|
Posted - 2016.07.01 13:42:55 -
[13] - Quote
Maykid Achilles wrote:...What is the instant lock sensor scan that you need to have to lock something up in about 1 second? I hate it when I'm about to engage but waiting forever to lock up the ship and watching it warp off when I could have killed it doesn't make me happy. ..
Translation:
I can't pvp but I found the FONE key, halp me press FONE.
Eve Minions is recruiting. Learn from about pvp, learn about ships and how to fly them correctly. Small gang and solo action in high, low and nullsec and w-space alike.
We will teach you everything you need and want to know.
|

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat FETID
3269
|
Posted - 2016.07.01 13:49:18 -
[14] - Quote
i hear anything over 2700 sensor strength is useless as server tick etc etc
FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID
Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis
|

Maykid Achilles
Angry Dragons Psychotic Tendencies.
7
|
Posted - 2016.07.01 13:49:53 -
[15] - Quote
elitatwo wrote:Maykid Achilles wrote:...What is the instant lock sensor scan that you need to have to lock something up in about 1 second? I hate it when I'm about to engage but waiting forever to lock up the ship and watching it warp off when I could have killed it doesn't make me happy. .. Translation: I can't pvp but I found the FONE key, halp me press FONE.
Translation:
I like to PvP don't get me wrong I'll fly 100's of ships just to lose them in PvP, but sometimes I just want to be that guy that ends up popping you before you can even think. |

elitatwo
Eve Minions O.U.Z.O. Alliance
1284
|
Posted - 2016.07.03 13:27:26 -
[16] - Quote
Maykid Achilles wrote:... I like to PvP don't get me wrong I'll fly 100's of ships just to lose them in PvP, but sometimes I just want to be that guy that ends up popping you before you can even think.
In that case I apologize!
The last two nights a couple of buddies had that very same problem, you speak of. We placed a bubble on a gate and every time a pod or a frigate would get caught, we warped and the client showed a countdown of 0.01 seconds remaining before the lock and wooosh - it warps of -.-
I feel the pain.
Eve Minions is recruiting. Learn from about pvp, learn about ships and how to fly them correctly. Small gang and solo action in high, low and nullsec and w-space alike.
We will teach you everything you need and want to know.
|

Maykid Achilles
Angry Dragons Psychotic Tendencies.
8
|
Posted - 2016.07.03 16:34:10 -
[17] - Quote
elitatwo wrote:Maykid Achilles wrote:... I like to PvP don't get me wrong I'll fly 100's of ships just to lose them in PvP, but sometimes I just want to be that guy that ends up popping you before you can even think. In that case I apologize! The last two nights a couple of buddies had that very same problem, you speak of. We placed a bubble on a gate and every time a pod or a frigate would get caught, we warped and the client showed a countdown of 0.01 seconds remaining before the lock and wooosh - it warps of -.- I feel the pain.
S'all good! But yeah, that's what sucks about it because then it turns into, what if that pod was worth 2B in implants or what if that frigate had a titan BPO or something. Which is painful at times. So yeah instalocking tornado or svipul with a immediate exit route after shooting and killing them, then coming back and picking up the loot sounds pretty good to me! =D |

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat FETID
3275
|
Posted - 2016.07.03 17:31:42 -
[18] - Quote
Loki
[Loki, Instalock Loki] Damage Control II Tracking Enhancer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II
Sensor Booster II Sensor Booster II Sensor Booster II Shadow Serpentis Warp Disruptor 50MN Microwarpdrive II
720mm Howitzer Artillery II 720mm Howitzer Artillery II 720mm Howitzer Artillery II 720mm Howitzer Artillery II 720mm Howitzer Artillery II 720mm Howitzer Artillery II
Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I
Loki Electronics - Tactical Targeting Network Loki Defensive - Adaptive Augmenter Loki Engineering - Power Core Multiplier Loki Offensive - Turret Concurrence Registry Loki Propulsion - Chassis Optimization
Republic Fleet EMP M x1091
Proteus smart bomb
[Proteus, Bomvoyage] Inertial Stabilizers II Inertial Stabilizers II Inertial Stabilizers II True Sansha Power Diagnostic System True Sansha Reactor Control Unit True Sansha Reactor Control Unit
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive Federation Navy Stasis Webifier Warp Scrambler II Warp Disruptor II
Domination Medium Proton Smartbomb Imperial Navy Large EMP Smartbomb Republic Fleet Large Proton Smartbomb True Sansha Medium EMP Smartbomb Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Proteus Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer Proteus Defensive - Augmented Plating Proteus Engineering - Power Core Multiplier Proteus Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration Proteus Propulsion - Gravitational Capacitor
Machariel Bomber
[Machariel, Pipe Bomber] Armor EM Hardener II Armor EM Hardener II Co-Processor II Co-Processor II Reactive Armor Hardener 1600mm Steel Plates II 1600mm Steel Plates II
Large Micro Jump Drive Heavy Capacitor Booster II Heavy Capacitor Booster II Cetus Scoped Burst Jammer Target Spectrum Breaker
Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge Improved Cloaking Device II Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge
Large Trimark Armor Pump I Large Trimark Armor Pump II Large Trimark Armor Pump II
Warrior II x5 Garde II x4
FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID
Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |