| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

MrPops
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 06:16:00 -
[1]
Right before the server reboot, I finished my last mission.
I left my faction at 2.15, my corp at 7.32 and my agent at 7.27.
I was out most of the day and now I just logged in only to find my faction at 2.04, my corp at 6.95 and my agent at 6.90. Even my security status dropped by .2
Did anyone else notice this?
"The human species suffers from a dimensional limitation. They are not able to understand that matter and mind are just one aspect of something more fundamental. We must strive to expand our perspective so we can see what our true reality is." Deep toughts by Mr.Pops, while consuming large quantities of Blue Pill and staring at the EVE gate in Genesis.
|

Muaddid
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 06:22:00 -
[2]
ya, 5% is alot, hurts faction way too much seing how only important missions affects factino rating... and thats like so rare :(
On vacations (need a new sig too) |

Harliquin
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 06:28:00 -
[3]
Yeah I had 1 faction boost mission this week got galenteup to 3.25 - its now dropped down to 3.07 - way too much of a hit.
As it stands with the randomness of special missions it is possible to not get one in an entire week and still loose faction rating.
Obviously this decreases the more you play but if you only get 5 or 6 hours on eve a week its very possible to loose status each week.
and just to put it in perspective here in the UK its seen as a bad thing (by some sections of society) if children spend 5-6 hours playing games a week.
|

Daxit
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 06:47:00 -
[4]
This game is already a large enough time sink. much more of this kind of crap will likely leave me with an extra $12.95/mo to spend elsewhere.
can I get some cheese for my whine?  |

Daxit
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:02:00 -
[5]
oh, and in regards to that "it's possible to lose faction per week" comment above... That's what has happened to me today. I've done a fairly large number of missions since the patch... and my faction standings never increased. So when the decay hit, I have officially lost faction rating despite wasting my time on tons of (mostly crappy) missions.
|

memex
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:08:00 -
[6]
I think it will be incredibly hard to retain agents for the casual player. The harsh 5% decay goes into my "winners keep on winning" file, I think only hardcore power players will control the tech 2 market. ------------------
RDA Appreciation Society |

Ruffio Sepico
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:09:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Ruffio Sepico on 22/12/2003 07:10:08
Quote: I think it will be incredibly hard to retain agents for the casual player. The harsh 5% decay goes into my "winners keep on winning" file, I think only hardcore power players will control the tech 2 market.
I think the correct term is "being screwed"..
Home: http://www.hidden-agenda.co.uk HiD Kills: http://eve.hidden-agenda.co.uk/kill_list.php
|

Victoria Madison
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:32:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Victoria Madison on 22/12/2003 07:32:42 5% standing loss is a complete joke. Look, I'm happy enough with many of the Castor changes, then new content and improved interfaces are very exciting.
The new agent missions, for the most part, are NOT exciting...at least not enough to justify a 0.2245% standings increase. ESPECIALLY when the so-called "important" missions do not come with any frequency...and when the rewards you get most often are "toxic waste", "planetary vehicles", and (my favorite) LOTS of "tobbacco".
Doing 20 to 30 missions per week just to STAND STILL week to week with your faction / corp of choice doesn't seem like too much fun...
I think Papa Smurf has said that there are currently problems with the frequency of "important" missions, and that it should be working soon(tm). Well, he also says not much will be done till Jan 5, 2004...so who knows what's going to happen.
Anyway, at least I'd like to see a record of the 5% standing loss in the standings logs for each corp / faction. Would help people realize that their loss was the weekly hit and not another bug.
-Victoria
|

Alkad Mzu
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:33:00 -
[9]
Quote:
Did anyone else notice this?
You bet. This is way over the top for regular players, even more so since "important" missions seem to be bugged atm, if you can get them at all.
________________________________________________
Head of Public Relations, Fountain Alliance |

Ebedar
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:42:00 -
[10]
My sec status actually dropped as well (from 3.1 to 2.9).
Bone. CCP. Throw me one.
My life in pictures:
 |

Cao Cao
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:43:00 -
[11]
Quote: This game is already a large enough time sink. much more of this kind of crap will likely leave me with an extra $12.95/mo to spend elsewhere.
can I get some cheese for my whine? 
Can I have your stuff?
|

Aldelphius
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:46:00 -
[12]
yes, the 5% is bugged, dont worry, it will get fixed. btw 5% of a 5.5 rating is .275, so its not like your gonna loose a whole lot. 1 or 2 lvl 3 missions a week will keep it up.
|

D'ni
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:47:00 -
[13]
I've been doing 12-14h of missions per day since the patch came out. When the standing decay hit I lost fully half of what I had managed to accumulate in that time. That does not add up to 5% by any stretch of the immagination. If this kind of decay keeps up I may as well just give up as I'll not have the 20h per day needed just to keep ahead of the game when I'm back in my university courses. I'll be lucky to get 4-6h in a day, with even that being a grossly exagerated estimate. I do missions because I frequently only have the time at one go to do a mission or so and definetly not enough time to do something more involved like a decent mining or hunting run. There'll be no point to that if I can't earn enough standing in a week to do more than balance out the loss. ---------------------------------------------- D'ni Specialist Research Scientists / Industrialist |

Harliquin
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:01:00 -
[14]
Quote: yes, the 5% is bugged, dont worry, it will get fixed. btw 5% of a 5.5 rating is .275, so its not like your gonna loose a whole lot. 1 or 2 lvl 3 missions a week will keep it up.
Ok keeping up your corp rating isn't going to be a huge problem (possibly) but your FACTION rating is - you know the 1 special mission you get every 20 - 50 missions you know the one thats completly random to get - THATS the thing we are all worried about - thats where a .275 drop in a week becomes a big deal
oh and 5% ISN'T bugged ATM that has been the consistantly quoted figure from Papa - however he also said he will be reviewing it so heres hoping
|

Marquedios
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:14:00 -
[15]
Yeah, what they said. I think there should be less of a hit, or actually make it so that if you stop working for said agent said agent starts to dislike you, and as that happens so does the corp. It makes no sense to be loosing faction standing WHILE you are running your $#% off for them. I was RIGHT in the middle of doing missions then all of a sudden my rating drops, now tell me how is that going to happen in RL? "Oh, I'm sorry Mr Smith, but we are starting not to like how fast you do your missions, we don't like you as much anymore"
Thats all I have Tenßx Incorporated Online Application |

Mijstor Jedann
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:18:00 -
[16]
how many missions do u have to do with a certain agent in order to keep from teh drop at the end of the week? ____________________
"Amarr alone, delivered herself."
|

voogru
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:23:00 -
[17]
this just caused me to lose the agent I was doing missions for.
They should make it only take standing if you havent done x missions for the corp in a week, and 5% a week for every week you dont do x missions for that corp.
x = 5-10 missions
------- Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 827.3 damage. |

MrPops
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:31:00 -
[18]
Edited by: MrPops on 22/12/2003 08:36:35 I checked the numbers and it does add up to 5%. However, I had been keeping track of my missions and how much I was gaining per sortie. I just lost over 20 missions worth of ratings.
From 6.95 to 7.32 it could take betwen 15-25 missions. This is not counting "important" missions that give you a major boost
I already started doing missions again, it's taken 5 to go from 6.95 to 7.03. With a 5% deduction every week, it's going to take a lot of work and dedication to keep your factions up.
I think decay should not hit faction/corp/agents who are currently active. It should involve everything else that hasn't seen activity for a certain period of time. Even so, decay should be a lot slower than what it is.
"The human species suffers from a dimensional limitation. They are not able to understand that matter and mind are just one aspect of something more fundamental. We must strive to expand our perspective so we can see what our true reality is." Deep toughts by Mr.Pops, while consuming large quantities of Blue Pill and staring at the EVE gate in Genesis.
|

Daxit
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:45:00 -
[19]
Sorry Cao Cao... no, you can't. My corp would get it all if I were to quit. Anyhoo.. I'm willing to give CCP a chance to get things tweaked out properly. I fully understand what happens with big patches... I've worked with a software company before. It's crazy all the work that not only goes into getting patches/service packs built for release... but also a lot of work identifying all the issues that still need to be touched up to get them working smoother for users. 
|

Drutort
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:46:00 -
[20]
Quote: My sec status actually dropped as well (from 3.1 to 2.9).
Bone. CCP. Throw me one.
yes i dont understand... are all people bad or something? i mean come on... this is so lame if ANYTHING you should get SEC boost from being in empire space and not doing anything bad
its like the cops just putting stuff on your record and over time you become some suspect... because your not the goody goody that you were before...
this is too much... i havenĘt even had an important mission yet!! and i lost whatever i had 5% of already... what if i dont get one this week? maybe next? that means ill be losing more then making... this is some joke
if it was 1% it wouldnt be so bad... i dont know why we have such major changes? are they seeing how much people would be pi$$ed off?
support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |

Lanius
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:46:00 -
[21]
yes this is a little bit wrong should it not be between last mission and now this is more like a rating tax
|

Drutort
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 08:51:00 -
[22]
another Q so what if you are border line with a faction? and you lose 5% and you go under now you cant use some of those agents? or what?
this is great.. you konw how long it will be before you will find an important mission to boost it again only to go and lose it next week... this is very sad if that is the case....
like mine is caldari is now 1.98 it was 2.08 and i remember that you needed like 2+ for some agents? support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |

Luther Pendragon
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 09:07:00 -
[23]
Yes, its too much. I want at least half my standings back :/ Decay was supposed to be small :(
Also, it doesnt show up on the transaction log.
And Im not even sure if were getting the boosts that were supposed to get because all though we can see the data now...its too complex for me to calculate, but the 'important' faction missions seem really small  ____________________________________ Taggart wants YOU. Join TTi! *waves his hand in your face in the jedi way* |

Zugg
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 09:41:00 -
[24]
Yeha if your going to take away standings with a decay at least give the players a decent chance to gain standings. This once in a while rare mission (which does not work anyways) is not enough to offset the decay.
I ran about 100 or more missions for a Ministry of Assesment agent which is Amarr faction. I did not get a single increase to my Amarr faction. Today I dropped form 4.37 to 4.17. While I had other corporations and factions fall as well, although those were greatter than a 5% decrease.
I also went from a 3.7 sec rating down to a 3.5 rating. I am starting to not really care about security rating anymore because I know it is something that does not improve without months of blasting pirates. It took me the entire time between the last to changes to get to a 7.4 from a 6.9 only to have it halved last path. Now I can expect to lose .2 every week?
I have a hard enough time being patient about doing so many missions and not getting any chances for an implant or skills. Putting in standing decay rates without ways to improvement wears that patience pretty thin.
The Dark Seraphs...like Hells Angels, but less hairy |

Celebon
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 09:47:00 -
[25]
A thought: Possibility of the standings decaying by that 5% if you didn't work for that Corp (ie have a positive change) in that weekly bracket? It just seems a little annoying to me. I mean the corp not liking you as much between one day and the next after you've been busting your gut for them for the last 7 days....hmmmm....
Drink StarsiÖ Security Division Caldari State Citizen
|

Ariisha
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 10:03:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Ariisha on 22/12/2003 10:13:19 YES, for a casual player its now virtually impossible to keep faction standing.
NO, if you invest enough time you'll be able to keep it. But you have to invest a lot of time. I get one imortant mission every 5 gaming hours. To keep up with faction loss, I have to play at least 10 hours missions only a week. Thats too much.
My suggestion: the larger an organisation, the slower it is to realize your deeds. This is already true for the winnig of standing, it would help to have it for loosing as well.
So I'd suggest you loose 1-2% of faction standing, 3-4% of corp standing and 5-6% of agent standing a week.
|

Drake Venteli
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 10:12:00 -
[27]
Already posted this as aseperate topic but this thred is far more active
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have just checked my standings and there has been a significant drop in them. I know that decay was going to be part of the ne patch but this is going to be a real pain. for example last week I did about 20 missions for my L3 and gained a Minmatar faction stading of about .02 bringing me to 1.18 today I see that my standing has dropped to 1.08. my other standings have dropped an equivelant proportion. my problem is not with decay but with this rate.
Realisticly I only play eve 2-3 evenings a week and if I wnat my standings to stay the same I will need to do agent missions at for least 1-2 of those days leaving me with no time to do anthing else. even with the patch agent missions are only a means to an end not a career as they are still pretty dull so I dont want to spend all my time on them.
does anyone else feel this is a severe handycap to those who dont have all their time to devote to eve?
Ps I am not slating eve here I just want to start a constructive debate.
|

Siobhan Ni
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 10:36:00 -
[28]
I assumed that the 5% reduction would only apply to the Concord security rating. Even that is a little steep, but a 5% reduction to all faction ratings is terrible, particularly if you have invested a lot of time and effort running level 3 agent missions. It just doesn't make sense to run missions all week getting good ratings, just to take a lose for no apparent reason. A comment from CCP on this issue would be appreciated.
|

Harliquin
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 10:52:00 -
[29]
Quote: I assumed that the 5% reduction would only apply to the Concord security rating. Even that is a little steep, but a 5% reduction to all faction ratings is terrible, particularly if you have invested a lot of time and effort running level 3 agent missions. It just doesn't make sense to run missions all week getting good ratings, just to take a lose for no apparent reason. A comment from CCP on this issue would be appreciated.
Papa has already said he would keep an eye on this and tune the numbers - I'm guessing once he waks up he ought to start doing some tuning...
Looks like there are many more casual players out there getting hit by CCPs plans to kill power gamers than I thought.
|

Capt Darius
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:02:00 -
[30]
Today i started with my faction at 4.94 i played from 4pm to 6am my time.I got 0 important missions and i ended up with a 4.65 rating.I played for 12 hours and no special missions. I was running 2 lvl 3's agents and i lost a very high lvl 3 R&D agent as well. Please do something to fix this. |

Drutort
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:18:00 -
[31]
this decay is some what a good idea for those people who think they can just log on once in a while... BUT THIS HURTS others a LOT MORE... the higher you get your standing/faction the more this hurts it... why? because you donĘt get the same amount you get by some fixed value every time...
what im saying is you get a constant value from missions not a % but this takes away by % so what does this mean?
you need lots and lots of small missions to add up but then the bigger the number the bigger the % will take away... and what does that mean? its like a cap on how far some people will get... most people will hit a wall due to there game play being limited... and this only helps the power users again... why ? SIMPLE THEY JUST HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON THERE HANDS... there is NO MAGICAL WAY OF GOING AROUND THAT... you have more time you do more work you get rewarded for it... trying to find some kind of a nerf for that will be very hard... without hurting others at the same time.
I might have a lot of time right now until college goes back.. but then I will notą so that means all my faction/standing will be so ****ty that I might not be able to even run any of my agents by then? How fun is that? Something that just TAKES AWAY your PAST HARD EARNED WORK??
You know the offline skill idea was one of the greatest things, but this decay is a step back and is counter productive in many waysą because regardless of power users or notą the more time you spend the more you getą
Now to hurt those who donĘt even have enough time by taking away already what was there past earned work is just a stupid ideaą
It CAN ONLY work IF its very small, and doesnĘt impact all the player base so greatly.
support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |

Drutort
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:20:00 -
[32]
may i add that a linear function will not work here at ALL...
the only way is always exponential... and you must have a greater growth then decay...
the decay should be small but for those who do not do nothing or dont keep it up it will hurt them over time for sure...
a fixed % loss will not work good NEVER, unless you get a % gain per mission or whatever... support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |

IZON
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:24:00 -
[33]
I haven't had a chance to check mine Basically, from what I've read so far 5% is too high. It should be less than 4% (perhaps around the 3% - 3.5% mark) this gives everyone time to breath and get on with their RL's.
"...master! there's a guy in the south village called IZON, he is a Ninja!" |

Nikodaemonicus
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:28:00 -
[34]
Can someone clarify me something please?
I have noticed that when working for an NPC and when you receive an important mission your standings will increase something likes this:
-NPC corp standing raised 12% -Personal standing against agent 9,75% -Standing withing Faction raised by 6%
those are not exact numbers but this is aproximately how it works...
So the question is, when you lose 5% weekly standing it is 5% for npc corp, agent personal stand and faction standing? Or will it be 5%, 4% and 3 % respectively? Because when we gain standing through important/normal missions we do not gain 5% on everything but we lose 5% on everything. |

Nikodaemonicus
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:36:00 -
[35]
On February I will start working in RL so my time play will be cut a lot. I'm playing now a lot doing crazy amount of missions and I still lose more than I can ever gain! So what will happen when I get only 4 free hours at day... being lucky, because with 4 hours at day maybe 1 or 2 are for EVE...and with 2 hours doing missions there is not enough reward for me to keep doing missions.
So it's time to find a better solution for casual player, or at least fix standing lost (read my prev post)
|

bUBbLeS
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:41:00 -
[36]
Yup this sux
i have done far too many agent missions for a l3 carthum agent since castor
when castor came in, my amarr faction dropped to +5 (from +10)
my sec status dropped to +4.9 (from +10)
i have had 1 "important" mission all week
i maybe what is considered a "power" gamer
i spend about 4-8 hrs a day playing....
what impact had the -5% had?
my corp standing went from +0.0 to + 2.7 in a week
its now dropped to +2.4 and i have lost my l3 research agent....
the one important mission i have had in about 40 hrs play (not stop agent missions) raised my amarr faction to +5.2
its now at +4.89
by my reckoning to keep an increase in standing going, i will have to play in excess of 80 hrs a week
this isnt right
what if i went away for a week? i would loose 2 (or more) weeks of game "work" i had put into my agent.
There needs to be an easier way to raise faction standing, or the -ve adjustments need to be staggered
If i was only playing like 6-8 hrs a week i would be heart broken...
but i'm playing 40 hrs+ a week! and i'm still loosing out! Julius ceaser : "operor vos volo MCCCXXXVII laganum bUBbLeS?"
|

Calleb
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 11:46:00 -
[37]
i must agree with this. I'm not one who moans about all the changes - i actually like alot of the new stuff in game. But the faction hit to standing is too high. maybe it would be more realistic to reduce the standings by 0.1 a week rather than the 5% which can make a huge cut when you only get 0.01 to youre corp standings on most missions 
|

Papa Smurf
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:04:00 -
[38]
Yes, this is obviously too high. I'll look into it and get something done about it.
|

Nikodaemonicus
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:08:00 -
[39]
Latest missions completed:
0.2022 0.3833 0.552 0.1533 0.3438 0.1667 0.1111 0.3351 0.4 0.2022 1.1729 0.0773 0.3770 0.9889 0.1222 0.2384 0.1778 0.0773 0.3778 0.9889 0.1222 0.2384 0.1778 0.2 0.9889 0.184 0.1418 0.728 0.546
And I can continue. This is only page 1. Those are my last missions. Where Important mission are? As you see there is no way we can keep up with this 5% overall faction hit.
|

Papa Smurf
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:14:00 -
[40]
The important missions were given out to infrequently. Fixed in last DT.
|

Maggot
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:27:00 -
[41]
I hope and pray to Matar that the attitudes of agents change or my ambitions of getting into tech 2 production will be abandoned.
|

Balgair McLear
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:31:00 -
[42]
Edited by: Balgair McLear on 22/12/2003 12:37:25
Too much is too much. I've sent almost every possible hour doing missions to get from level 3 to 2, losing my level 3 within the first few hours of patch).
And I'm not bellyaching about simple missions here. I got both the Miner 2 and shield Amp Bps, so I'm no mission noob.
Of course, its doesn't help that I've been desperate doing multiple agents in the attempt to get my agents back, only to find that you take a faction hit for missions that you never accepted.
I'm leaving the game with both of my accounts. I'm not angry, just dissapointed. And if my leaving will make CCP sit up, then good for you guys. Take care.
|

StealthNet
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:33:00 -
[43]
Arrived here from a link Orestes posted in a related thread.
When I read the other thread, I logged on to see how it affected me, just to get really ****ed.
This is unbelieavable. I would like to know from CCP wat is their goal behind this.
I started playing EVE in may. In the beggining, sec increases were too high. I got a nice 10 with amarr and some other factions.
Then they nerf it. Make it much more difficult to get sec increases.
No problem with that, it was a needed modification.
with castor, they nerfed it again, making it even harder to increase standings. But there was the 5% too.
My amarr (for example) went from 10 to 5 with the patch. I did lots of missions last week, and it was at 5.21. Now it's 4.95, what basically means that all my work = useless.
I few things in this game really made me think twice about keep going, and got me so ****ed. This is surely one of them.
In my POV, this is a complete disregard to the "work" of players. You have to "work" countless hours per week just to compensate for this stupid weekly drop, and I can certainly asure you that I use to play a lot. I wonder what happens to a poor soul that only plays around 2 hours a day on average.
And please, don't mention "adaptation". This is not about adaptation. It's about forcing players to play in a way they might not want. stupid move, to say the least. More frequent "important" missions ? So what ? let's then reset ALL SEC STANDINGS FROM ALL PLAYERS AND START OVER AGAIN.
Soon, we will have most players at 0 or near 0 anyway.
Oh, what about reseting all players to newbiew chars and starting over again ?
Unbeliavable, unacceptable.
_______________________________________________
|

NastyLlama
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:34:00 -
[44]
I'M not happy at all I loged off last night at 20.00 hours, with a standing of 5.70
I loged on today at 1225hrs to find my standing at 5.45
Whats that suposed to do. do we have to stay on line with out going to work or what ==================================================
I'M not a carebear, I'M a total coward, beware of cornerd carebares and cowards, we winge and cry like cornered pirates..........
|

Horatio Starkiller
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:39:00 -
[45]
I agree I think the faction decay is too high... since the castor patch I've had one 'important' mission that boosted my faction rating from 1.95 to 2.summat... after the decay I have a faction rating of 1.98... wow, if I manage to get one important mission a week I'll just be able to balance my standing -----------
|

Luther Pendragon
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:48:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Luther Pendragon on 22/12/2003 12:49:55 actually dont mind infrequent important missions, if they gave a significantly higher boost. Little more exciting to get one then.
and everyone else, dudes! they heard already! its gonna get fixed! ____________________________________ Taggart wants YOU. Join TTi! *waves his hand in your face in the jedi way* |

Oosel
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:49:00 -
[47]
i can understand logic in taking faction standing as it means you have to keep on doing work and specialise but with sec rating lost at rate it is hell we may all as well get an eye patch and parrot as theres no way you can possibly kill that many rats in a week just to break even with ure sec status....if ccp wants just 5 mega corps in the entire game why didnt they just ask us to killing bs to gain sec status is only in reach of all but the biggest of alliances/corps
|

Papa Smurf
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:50:00 -
[48]
Quote: Edited by: Victoria Madison on 22/12/2003 07:32:42 5% standing loss is a complete joke. Look, I'm happy enough with many of the Castor changes, then new content and improved interfaces are very exciting.
The new agent missions, for the most part, are NOT exciting...at least not enough to justify a 0.2245% standings increase. ESPECIALLY when the so-called "important" missions do not come with any frequency...and when the rewards you get most often are "toxic waste", "planetary vehicles", and (my favorite) LOTS of "tobbacco".
Doing 20 to 30 missions per week just to STAND STILL week to week with your faction / corp of choice doesn't seem like too much fun...
I think Papa Smurf has said that there are currently problems with the frequency of "important" missions, and that it should be working soon(tm). Well, he also says not much will be done till Jan 5, 2004...so who knows what's going to happen.
Anyway, at least I'd like to see a record of the 5% standing loss in the standings logs for each corp / faction. Would help people realize that their loss was the weekly hit and not another bug.
-Victoria
There is a big disclaimer about that every time you open the standing transactions window. I'd like to have it in the transactions too, but the DB couldn't handle inserting the transaction logs for this, so it probably won't be happening in the near future.
I'll try to get something done to counter this asap though. 5% per week is quite harsh at any rate, especially since it's an absolute 5%, making life really miserable for people high up the standings tree.
|

NastyLlama
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 12:54:00 -
[49]
Quote: I'll try to get something done to counter this asap though. 5% per week is quite harsh at any rate, especially since it's an absolute 5%, making life really miserable for people high up the standings tree.
That would be a good idea
And how long do we have between missions before we lose faction, more that 15 hours would be a good idea ==================================================
I'M not a carebear, I'M a total coward, beware of cornerd carebares and cowards, we winge and cry like cornered pirates..........
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |