| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Asperoth
Caldari Unwakeable Nightmare
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 20:57:00 -
[1]
I just started up an alt who's destined to be my dread pilot some months down the road.
I am still relatively new to the game just having returned after having played only a few months when I first started last year.
If you had your choice, which Dread would you fly and why? I am looking for some insight into their various strengths and weaknesses and also to get a feel if there is one Dread out there that is the overwhelming favorite.
I still have some time to think it over as I'll be training learning skills and basics for some weeks yet. Just hoping to avoid months of wasted training by picking one races Dread to train while another might have been a better choice.
Any input would be appreciated.
------------------------------------------------ I have gone to look for myself. If I get back before I return, please ask me to wait. |

Donna Divine
Gilded Goose Brokerage
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 21:11:00 -
[2]
They're all good, altho the Minmatar dread takes longest to trian for and thus would be least suited. "Some months" isn't going to cut it anyway, you're going to need a year or two to get a good dread char up and running.
Gallente: great damage output, dependent on having acces to lots of ammo, good defense against lower numbers of smaller attackers by way of drones.
Amarr: tanks well, no/little ammo (great pro for dreads when used away from home)
Caldari: Nice for use against BS that take a peek outside the pos shields :p or in combination with webby+painty friends, needs ammo too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gilded Goose Brokerages Trading to order. |

Asperoth
Caldari Unwakeable Nightmare
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 23:04:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Donna Divine They're all good, altho the Minmatar dread takes longest to trian for and thus would be least suited. "Some months" isn't going to cut it anyway, you're going to need a year or two to get a good dread char up and running.
Gallente: great damage output, dependent on having acces to lots of ammo, good defense against lower numbers of smaller attackers by way of drones.
Amarr: tanks well, no/little ammo (great pro for dreads when used away from home)
Caldari: Nice for use against BS that take a peek outside the pos shields :p or in combination with webby+painty friends, needs ammo too.
Thanks! That gives me something to work with.
I have another question related to dreads. In looking over the stats for the Caldari dread, I noticed that it can fit 1 turret and 3 launchers. I am familiar with the capital ship sized weapon turrets. What launchers would one typically use on a dread? ------------------------------------------------ I have gone to look for myself. If I get back before I return, please ask me to wait. |

Aurael Drakewing
Shadows of the Dead Aftermath Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 23:47:00 -
[4]
the Phoenix and Naglfar both use Citadel launchers
|

xenodia
Gallente RONA Corporation RONA Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 23:48:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Asperoth
Thanks! That gives me something to work with.
I have another question related to dreads. In looking over the stats for the Caldari dread, I noticed that it can fit 1 turret and 3 launchers. I am familiar with the capital ship sized weapon turrets. What launchers would one typically use on a dread?
Citadel torps would be the standard application.
Although I suppose if you really wanted to be bizarre, you could try a phoenix with a full rack of assault launchers, if you find yourself jealous of the Moro's ability against smaller ships. If youre going to try that setup though, please tell me where and when.. id like to watch 
http://www.eve-ronacorp.com RONA Corp is Recruiting |

Wrayeth
Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.04.04 23:49:00 -
[6]
In regards to the phoenix, its bonuses only apply to citadel launchers, so using a turret would be counterproductive. The highslots on a phoenix should ALWAYS be 3 citadel launchers and 1 siege module. -Wrayeth "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"
Might As well Train Another Race |

Washell Olivaw
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 00:16:00 -
[7]
You do know that:
* Dreads are restricted to 0.4 and lower? * Have a specialized function (taking down POSes)? * Can't use normal jumpgates? Thus must use their own jumpdrive which: * Requires fuel, mine yourself or buy * Requires someone else to setup a cyno field
The good news is that they're working on missions for capital ships, including dreads.
|

ViperVenom
Minmatar Fast Food Corp Novus Ordos Seclorum
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 00:28:00 -
[8]
Well im a Nag pilot and i love the split layout But the Nag has the higest DPS due to 2 guns 2 missles lay out. But if you looking for pure PWNAGE and DPS the Nag is the way to go. But be warned!!!! Its a ubber skill Hvy Dread. I think the Eziest to fit is the Phoenix. Also u need alot of AMMO for the NAG/Phoenix/Moros. The Rev no ammo but eats CAP! And keep in mind that i think im a low SP Dread/Carrier pilot around 32-33 mil sp. the good Dread/Carrier around 38-40 mil. I will take u 2 year to get into a dread and fly it good. Hell BS 5 takes a month..lol SO>>>> Dread on EZ Phoenix Dread on Hard Nag If u like drone get the Moros. And use Sent drones to help with DPS. U got a long trip buddy bring ISK and friends.
VIPER
|

Chronus26
Gallente Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 00:43:00 -
[9]
Originally by: ViperVenom Well im a Nag pilot and i love the split layout But the Nag has the higest DPS due to 2 guns 2 missles lay out. But if you looking for pure PWNAGE and DPS the Nag is the way to go. But be warned!!!! Its a ubber skill Hvy Dread. I think the Eziest to fit is the Phoenix. Also u need alot of AMMO for the NAG/Phoenix/Moros. The Rev no ammo but eats CAP! And keep in mind that i think im a low SP Dread/Carrier pilot around 32-33 mil sp. the good Dread/Carrier around 38-40 mil. I will take u 2 year to get into a dread and fly it good. Hell BS 5 takes a month..lol SO>>>> Dread on EZ Phoenix Dread on Hard Nag If u like drone get the Moros. And use Sent drones to help with DPS. U got a long trip buddy bring ISK and friends.
VIPER
Actually:
- Phoenix is very hard to fit, due to the massive amount of CPU eaten by the Capital Shield Booster.
- It doesn't take 2 years to 'get into a dread and fly it good.'
- Total Mils of SP means crap all. A character with 20 Mil SP focused on the right areas can be a far better Dread pilot than a 40M SP character with its SPs all ovet the place. 6 Mil SP in industry and 4 Racial Cruiser lvl 5s don't help much when flying a Dread. And even then, combat experience is much more valuable than SPs. What would Dread level 5 and stacks of other skills be when you hesitate on every decision, panic in fights, forget to activate mods etc etc. -----
|

Azerrad InExile
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 00:46:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Azerrad InExile on 05/04/2007 00:42:38
Originally by: ViperVenom But the Nag has the higest DPS due to 2 guns 2 missles lay out.
Nag is the second highest DPS dread in short range config (getting beat by the Moros by a fair amount) and the LOWEST DPS dread in long range config... and guess what? The vast majority of the time you are stuck in long range config.
So even with an extra weapon slot the Nag still gets beat by the other three dreads and loses one tanking slot for the that honor. Absolutely spectacular. Although it is vertical so I guess its not all bad...
Dread Maximum DPS Comparison
|

ViperVenom
Minmatar Fast Food Corp Novus Ordos Seclorum
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 01:16:00 -
[11]
That was eye opening. Still love my NAG. 3
OMG it tall
|

Thor Xian
Vertigo One E.A.R.T.H. Federation
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 01:34:00 -
[12]
Close Range Barebones (no dmg mods, no resists) DPS:
Moros: 1449.5 Revelation: 706.2 Naglfar: 604.8 Phoenix: 555.8 (no turret)
Using 5x Ogre II
Long Range Barebones (no dmg mods, no resists, no drones) DPS:
Revelation: 340.7 Phoenix: 238.9 Naglfar: 230.4 Moros: 220.5
So yeah...Moros is the king up close...and I didnt even include siege mode (rather useless against non POS). _________________________ ~Thor Xian, Star Commander |

Asperoth
Caldari Unwakeable Nightmare
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 05:51:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Washell Olivaw You do know that:
* Dreads are restricted to 0.4 and lower? * Have a specialized function (taking down POSes)? * Can't use normal jumpgates? Thus must use their own jumpdrive which: * Requires fuel, mine yourself or buy * Requires someone else to setup a cyno field
The good news is that they're working on missions for capital ships, including dreads.
Thank you everyone for all the information and advice. It's been invaluable.
About the points quoted above, I was aware. Dread's are very specialized. I've actually made Eve my new home after 3 years of DaoC and building up a great guild there. I hope to do the same here and my new future Dread pilot is just one of several alts I recently started. I have specific purposes in mind for all of them.
I was simply hoping to avoid making some rookie mistakes that would cost me months of valuable training time. The community here is wonderful and quite a change from what I used to in my last game. The input I received in this thread is a perfect example.
Thanks again everyone.
------------------------------------------------ I have gone to look for myself. If I get back before I return, please ask me to wait. |

Gor Kraon
Minmatar Shadowclan
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 06:04:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Thor Xian Long Range Barebones (no dmg mods, no resists, no drones) DPS:
Revelation: 340.7 Phoenix: 238.9 Naglfar: 230.4 Moros: 220.5
Try with sentry drones. Long range ones if you must. Doubt the Moros will be bottom then.
|

Arkanjuca
Caldari The Edge Foundation Zenith Affinity
|
Posted - 2007.04.05 06:35:00 -
[15]
Get a dread you look cool, and whine on forum for a boost...  -- "he is 10^8 bigger than me, so what?"
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |