| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kagutsuchi
|
Posted - 2004.01.27 01:38:00 -
[31]
I definately agree with Tsunari's post. I also agree, if not more so, with combining that with the above post about slowing battles down....
i think the primary factor that causes people to head to BS's for combat, is that they wanna be in the battle for more than a few seconds!!
A freind by your side is like an army at your back. |

Moonracer
|
Posted - 2004.01.27 05:25:00 -
[32]
great ideas! Yes, overall combat needs to slow down, but not too slow as that would ruin the excitement level to a degree.
Frigates do need some help in the game. I like a lot of the ideas posted.
As far as targeting specific subsystems, I think it would require a considerable group effort to due so. It seems that it would make the most sense to be able to see and target specific upgrade modules and weapons. If the unit is 'destroyed' it would stop working for x amount of time till it was repaired. Perhaps a repair skill would decrease the amount of time required to repair.
I think also that a special frigate only targeting module should be required (as well as a related gunnery skill) in order to target the subsystems.
And to throw in something else, there could be a leadership skill which will give the gang leader the ability to send a target lock to the rest of the gang. This way if the gang leader had the targeting module, the skill to use it and the skill to "order a target lock" then the rest of the gang could attack the subsystem wether or not they had the additional skill. This would be helpful for all frigate team combat and not just against a BS.
|

Mr Raine
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 06:12:00 -
[33]
Bump, incase ppl don't look past the first page.
|

BigB
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 10:49:00 -
[34]
I like the thought of being able to damage a ship for people to use thre escape pod but being able to keep the damaged ship, salvage things from it and drag the ship back to a station where it could be sold, refined or rebuilt,
but with individual damage to ship components, LAAAAAAGGG wont somebody think of the LAAAGG.
the individual damage sites ans graphics will cause problems, however i do like the idea
--------------------------------
http://www.freewebs.com/bigb_home/ |

Lazaroth
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 14:38:00 -
[35]
Being one of the people in this game which as of this time does not have a Battleship, I find the prospect of using frigates and cruiser in battle a large step in the right direction... The stuff that has been said about targetting and hitting different locations on BS's is good not to say excellent. More new players would get an active role in a corp, not just being haulers.. doing the stuff no one wants to do... lets not forget we all pay to play.. furthermore there is the visual aspect of it: I would like to see BS comming out of warp with there escort of frigates and cruisers to guard there vital systems.. nice... and on another node... I would love to see smoking, burning (yes I know it's space, but humor me) wrecks of battleship debris after battles just flooting around in space... think It would add to the feel/atmosphere of EVE -well just a though
|

Frost88
|
Posted - 2004.02.01 11:37:00 -
[36]
I love this idea, it also opens up potential for smaller younger corperations to be able to fight older and wealthier ones. An excellent idea, Tsunari you deserve a job at CCP or something. ------------------------------------------------ I've always owned Kehmor, cheap as chips off Ebay
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |