| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ensign Cain
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 17:50:00 -
[1]
Hello, all! I just wanted to say that I am really loving this game now that I am getting into the swing of things!
I was wondering. . . Let us say that someone steals my ore out of a cargo container and the agression count down pops up. If I do not fire for, say, 14 minutes and 50 seconds but I fire right before it expires. If I keep firing after the 15 minute mark, then will CONCORD kill me since my agression timer has supposedly run out or does the agression timer reset itself if I fire before the agression timer expires.
Also, if someone is in my corporation (say, a player corporation) and they steal my ore, then can only I attack that person or can everyone in the corporation attack that person. Or are people in my corporation allowed to steal my ore? I assume that they are allowed to take the ore since there exist a lot of "mining ops".
Thanks for all the help, pals! You are the best! ^_^ 
|

DubanFP
Caldari Four Rings D-L
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 18:05:00 -
[2]
Edited by: DubanFP on 07/06/2007 18:09:51
Originally by: Ensign Cain
Hello, all! I just wanted to say that I am really loving this game now that I am getting into the swing of things!
I was wondering. . . Let us say that someone steals my ore out of a cargo container and the agression count down pops up. If I do not fire for, say, 14 minutes and 50 seconds but I fire right before it expires. If I keep firing after the 15 minute mark, then will CONCORD kill me since my agression timer has supposedly run out or does the agression timer reset itself if I fire before the agression timer expires.
Also, if someone is in my corporation (say, a player corporation) and they steal my ore, then can only I attack that person or can everyone in the corporation attack that person. Or are people in my corporation allowed to steal my ore? I assume that they are allowed to take the ore since there exist a lot of "mining ops".
Thanks for all the help, pals! You are the best! ^_^ 
If you fire on someone the agression timer will reset back to 15 minutes, so if you shoot them with 5 seconds left it'll go right back up to 15 min.
It only works 1 way. If someone takes from your can everyone in your corp "the one that got stolen from" can shoot the thief. However shooting the thief will only reset the agro timer for the people who shot at him, and won't reset the timer for the whole corp. Also the thief's corp mates won't be able to shoot anyone/anything since it's one way.
I have a lot of experience with agression rules because of my experiences hunting baiters in Kisogo. So trust me, unlike a lot of people, my knowledge on agression is 100% right. ____________
Dark Shikari> If at first you don't succeed, whine about t20. |

Ensign Cain
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 18:14:00 -
[3]
Hey, mate! Thanks for teh quick response! I figured that the system works something like that but I wanted to be absolutely sure! Better to be safe about the rules than sorry. 
What does it mean to "hunt baiters"? What is a baiter? Thanks, mate! 
|

Tekka Irukandji
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 18:14:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Tekka Irukandji on 07/06/2007 18:13:33 Well get distracted and upon post saw that it has already been answered :) ----------------------------------------- Don't submit to stupid rules Be yourself and not a fool Don't accept average habits Open your heart and push the limits |

DubanFP
Caldari Four Rings D-L
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 18:18:00 -
[5]
Edited by: DubanFP on 07/06/2007 18:17:23 Edited by: DubanFP on 07/06/2007 18:17:05
Originally by: Ensign Cain Hey, mate! Thanks for teh quick response! I figured that the system works something like that but I wanted to be absolutely sure! Better to be safe about the rules than sorry. 
What does it mean to "hunt baiters"? What is a baiter? Thanks, mate! 
I'm usually like fine when it comes to scammers, pirates, ect. But Baiters are a whole nother breed. Baiters place cans outside newbie stations saying "Free Stuff" and the like, then kill the unknowing newb. I mean tricking and killing 1-3 day old players that don't know better before they can even "get" EVE is just low.
I mean people quit before even really getting to know EVE because of it. So i make it a point to take from these cans "looking like a newb" and come back in a significantly larger ship to "greet" these idiots. ____________
Dark Shikari> If at first you don't succeed, whine about t20. |

Tekka Irukandji
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 18:25:00 -
[6]
Originally by: DubanFP Edited by: DubanFP on 07/06/2007 18:17:23 Edited by: DubanFP on 07/06/2007 18:17:05
I'm usually like fine when it comes to scammers, pirates, ect. But Baiters are a whole nother breed. Baiters place cans outside newbie stations saying "Free Stuff" and the like, then kill the unknowing newb. I mean tricking and killing 1-3 day old players that don't know better before they can even "get" EVE is just low.
I mean people quit before even really getting to know EVE because of it. So i make it a point to take from these cans "looking like a newb" and come back in a significantly larger ship to "greet" these idiots.
Ugh thats pretty damn low. Im still confused as to the point of those jackholes doing this. Its not like they are making ISK off the kill. *sigh* Reminds me of the people who used to join servers in CTF games and just screw over the team (team damage was on) just for the fun of it....ANNOYING. ----------------------------------------- Don't submit to stupid rules Be yourself and not a fool Don't accept average habits Open your heart and push the limits |

Audria Tambor
Minmatar Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 20:33:00 -
[7]
Originally by: DubanFP So i make it a point to take from these cans "looking like a newb" and come back in a significantly larger ship to "greet" these idiots.
Awesome. How often/well does this typically work? Don't they see you're not in a newbie corp -- or do you do it with an alt? ----- We are all stardust... some more often than others. |

Ensign Cain
|
Posted - 2007.06.08 01:22:00 -
[8]
Okay, thanks, mates! I have one more question. . .
If there is an agression countdown because someone stole my ore and I do not fire on them at all, then can they fire upon me? If I do fire upon them though, then they can fire upon me, right?
Thanks for all the help, mates! 
|

Plaetean
coracao ardente Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.06.08 01:25:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Ensign Cain Okay, thanks, mates! I have one more question. . .
If there is an agression countdown because someone stole my ore and I do not fire on them at all, then can they fire upon me?
No, they cannot fire on you until you fire on them (flagging yourself to that player for 15 mins)
Originally by: Ensign Cain
If I do fire upon them though, then they can fire upon me, right?
Correct
-----
|

Ensign Cain
|
Posted - 2007.06.08 01:34:00 -
[10]
Thanks, mate! I appreciate your help! 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |