| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

xAsmod
Dark Blade Incorporated Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 13:28:00 -
[1]
So the other night I bought a cheap raven with the intension of running it out to my home in Catch. I started my trip last night by plotting a route that would take me to the edge of empire space. The route was about 30ish jumps all through empire. It was getting quite late and I didn't want to baby sit my ship so I hit the autopilot button, turned the sound up and went into the next room. A short while later I came back and decided I was off to bed, I logged off mid warp with around 25+ jumps to go.
The next day I decided that I could fire up Eve on my work PC, leave it on autopilot and then just minimize the game. By downtime I'd be at my destination and when I logged on after work I'd be ready to run through the pipe out to 0.0
After about an hour I checked the progress and pretty quickly realised I didn't recognise the current system I was in, or the gate I was flying towards. Checking the security status I saw I was in 0.0!! My overview showed 2 alliance members in local. I quickly logged off.
What I didn't realise is on my work machine the autopilot settings were configured to use the quickest route rather than the safest. It took a strange detour running through a load of low sec space and then about 6/7 jumps through 0.0
I took my lunch break right as downtime was finishing and jumped onto Eve. Only 4000 players online! should be safe! As the game loaded and my ship came into view I found I was actually only 3 jumps from my home system but also my shields were at 75%. I thought it was probably damage from rats sitting on the gates. Anyway, I thought I'd check the logs and it turns out I was wrong!
I had been attacked by 2 hacs!! Vagabonds. I had to have a little chuckle and would also like to know how come these guys couldn't kill me
Quote:
[ 2007.06.15 10:22:47 ] (notify) Autopilot warping to Utopia stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) hits you, doing 57.4 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) barely scratches you, causing 38.6 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) hits you, doing 61.5 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) places an excellent hit on you, inflicting 89.0 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) places an excellent hit on you, inflicting 82.5 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (notify) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) has started trying to warp scramble you. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) lands a hit on you which glances off, causing no real damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) hits you, doing 68.0 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) hits you, doing 73.6 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) hits you, doing 68.5 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) aims well at you, inflicting 90.5 damage. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:56 ] (notify) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) has started trying to warp scramble you. [ 2007.06.15 10:23:32 ] (combat) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) barely misses you. -- snip -- [ 2007.06.15 10:24:11 ] (notify) Speed changed to 138 m/s [ 2007.06.15 10:24:12 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:25:31 ] (notify) Autopilot jumping to Utopia [ 2007.06.15 10:25:33 ] (None) Jumping to Stargate (Doril) in Utopia solarsystem
|

xAsmod
Dark Blade Incorporated Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 13:29:00 -
[2]
Now I assumed that maybe I'd logged at the point I'd just jumped through the gate. A lucky log indeed. I remember my local showing only alliance members in space. Checking the logs shows
Quote:
[ 2007.06.15 10:25:48 ] (notify) Autopilot warping to Litom stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:27:06 ] (notify) Speed changed to 138 m/s [ 2007.06.15 10:27:07 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:29:00 ] (notify) Autopilot jumping to Litom [ 2007.06.15 10:29:02 ] (None) Jumping to Stargate (Utopia) in Litom solarsystem
Guess not!! Thank god ravens fly and warp quick ;)
xAsmod
|

Glumpumpkin
House Elf Liberation Front
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 13:58:00 -
[3]
Vagabonds don't fit webs. Your autopilot slowly took you out of harms way, and when you jumped through the gate they had an aggression timer, allowing you to escape easily.
They were pretty stupid to engage you like they did, you were lucky. 
|

Lysit Kaune
Minmatar Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 14:16:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Glumpumpkin Vagabonds don't fit webs. Your autopilot slowly took you out of harms way, and when you jumped through the gate they had an aggression timer, allowing you to escape easily.
Two vagabonds with MWD's (If they didn't have them why are they flying a vagabond?) should easily have been able to stop a raven jumping simply by ramming it away from the gate, sure there smaller, but alot faster and twice the raven's number.
|

xMillz
Dark Blade Incorporated
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 14:36:00 -
[5]
2 HACs unable to kill a Raven on autopilot... what ever next! lol.. what were the two HACs thinking?
OH the shame!
|

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 14:42:00 -
[6]
  
  
23 Member
EVE Video makers: save EVE-files bandwidth! Use the H.264 AutoEncoder! |

Chode Rizoum
Minmatar Temptation inc.
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 14:47:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Dark Shikari
  
  
thats bad vagabonding 
TEMPTATION INC. Killboard |

Detrol
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 14:55:00 -
[8]
lol
yeah, they should have let him jump through, then scramble him. He wouldn't be going anywhere...
|

Timmyu
Spontaneous Defenestration Coalition of Carebear Killers
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 14:58:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Timmyu on 15/06/2007 14:57:31 I call BS on that log, apparently they didnt shoot you once after you came out of warp and approached the gate:
[ 2007.06.15 10:24:11 ] (notify) Speed changed to 138 m/s [ 2007.06.15 10:24:12 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:25:31 ] (notify) Autopilot jumping to Utopia
just "before", where you can clearly see you getting scrambled, so they must have caught you on the jumpin, no the approaching gate part.
And i just heard from some cruel guy that you actually GOT killed and logged to save your pod, making this all bs
|

ry ry
StateCorp
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:00:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Chode Rizoum
Originally by: Dark Shikari
  
  
thats bad vagabonding 
just so you know, i've petitioned you for not writing 'vagabondage'.
|

Soul Redemption
Caldari S.A.S Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:01:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Soul Redemption on 15/06/2007 15:02:57 when we started shooting the guy wasnt 2 far off the gate... so by the time you jumped we had aggression and didnt know you were afk but still attempted 2 go after you but i cant remember if you logged or jumped again... doesnt matter tho.. considering we had somewhere else 2 be we just kept on going... next time we'll know you normally autopilot afk
Does this Ion supercharging Death Beam makes me look FAT?! *Zaaappp* |

xMillz
Dark Blade Incorporated
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:03:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Timmyu Edited by: Timmyu on 15/06/2007 14:57:31 I call BS on that log, apparently they didnt shoot you once after you came out of warp and approached the gate:
[ 2007.06.15 10:24:11 ] (notify) Speed changed to 138 m/s [ 2007.06.15 10:24:12 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:25:31 ] (notify) Autopilot jumping to Utopia
just "before", where you can clearly see you getting scrambled, so they must have caught you on the jumpin, no the approaching gate part.
And i just heard from some cruel guy that you actually GOT killed and logged to save your pod, making this all bs
I know the Raven was not lost, and he actually logged off when he realised that was in 0.0 which was about 3 jumps on from the HAC attack.
|

xMillz
Dark Blade Incorporated
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:05:00 -
[13]
Edited by: xMillz on 15/06/2007 15:10:50 Edited by: xMillz on 15/06/2007 15:08:45 Edited by: xMillz on 15/06/2007 15:05:38 good to see the account of the events by an actual pilot involved. :-)
OK... now i see the pilot involved above has edited and snipped his comments... see them below;
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:01:00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Edited by: Soul Redemption on 15/06/2007 15:02:57 when we started shooting the guy wasnt 2 far off the gate... so by the time you jumped we had aggression and didnt know you were afk but still attempted 2 go after you but i cant remember if you logged or jumped again... doesnt matter tho.. considering we had somewhere else 2 be we just kept on going... next time we'll know you normally autopilot afk
Does this Ion supercharging Death Beam makes me look FAT?! *Zaaappp*
why he snipped his comments i dont know?
|

Soul Redemption
Caldari S.A.S Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:10:00 -
[14]
we actually killed an afk raven pilot that very same day so i thought it was you who logged off your pod and also killed a pilot who approached a gate and also let a raven go who we had aggression and jumped so we just kept going but tbh i really dont remember you cuz none of this was near utopia or doril
Does this Ion supercharging Death Beam makes me look FAT?! *Zaaappp* |

Soul Redemption
Caldari S.A.S Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:14:00 -
[15]
fourms are funny :D getting a good giggle off this cut and paste comedy show tbh :P cant even remember the guy :D
Does this Ion supercharging Death Beam makes me look FAT?! *Zaaappp* |

xAsmod
Dark Blade Incorporated Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:22:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Timmyu Edited by: Timmyu on 15/06/2007 14:57:31 I call BS on that log, apparently they didnt shoot you once after you came out of warp and approached the gate: -snip-
I reckon they caught me after I'd come through a gate and was aligning to warp. Checking the logs I see my ship go through a gate
[ 2007.06.15 10:22:30 ] (notify) Autopilot jumping to Doril
few seconds while system loads AP trys to warp to a gate, I then decloak
[ 2007.06.15 10:22:47 ] (notify) Autopilot warping to Utopia stargate
8 seconds later I'm being shot at
[ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (combat) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) hits you, doing 57.4 damage.
then I'm scrammed by the 2 pilots then I warp.
[ 2007.06.15 10:22:55 ] (notify) Soul Redemption [-SAS-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) has started trying to warp scramble you. [ 2007.06.15 10:22:56 ] (notify) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) has started trying to warp scramble you. [ 2007.06.15 10:24:11 ] (notify) Speed changed to 138 m/s [ 2007.06.15 10:24:12 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:25:31 ] (notify) Autopilot jumping to Utopia [ 2007.06.15 10:25:48 ] (notify) Autopilot warping to Litom stargate [ 2007.06.15 10:27:06 ] (notify) Speed changed to 138 m/s [ 2007.06.15 10:27:07 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate
Question is, why didn't they follow me!
|

Vorketh Mordanil
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:29:00 -
[17]
Nice stabs :)
|

Soul Redemption
Caldari S.A.S Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:35:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Vorketh Mordanil Nice stabs :)
that could be it :D
Does this Ion supercharging Death Beam makes me look FAT?! *Zaaappp* |

Niton Stormrider
Yona Mining Inc
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 15:46:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Vorketh Mordanil Nice stabs :)
I guess if you're trucing a new BS all the way home on autopilot, you might as well be careful. Ah, the instinctive hatred of stabs. If I only had five isk for every name I've been called by a pirate who tries to scramble my hauler at a gate camp and fails. Even better if I also had five isk for every time they got enough points on me anyway. 
|

Mahkla
0utbreak
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 16:01:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Soul Redemption fourms are funny :D getting a good giggle off this cut and paste comedy show tbh :P cant even remember the guy :D
Yeah, Soul lets so many AFK Ravens escape, this isn't one he remembers! ;-)
hi Soul btw o7 ___________________ Resident grown-up
|

Soul Redemption
Caldari S.A.S Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 16:59:00 -
[21]
yar
Does this Ion supercharging Death Beam makes me look FAT?! *Zaaappp* |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 17:05:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Jim McGregor on 15/06/2007 17:11:45
Vagabond dps is pretty crappy. When two of them cant kill a no-boosting raven in 2,5 minutes, I get sad.
---
Originally by: CCP Wrangler You're not supposed to feel like you're logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, thats what hello kitty online is for.
|

Ysabelle nKataros
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.06.15 17:35:00 -
[23]
Edited by: Ysabelle nKataros on 15/06/2007 17:44:27 If you gentlemen read the logs carefully you will note that the logs show [ 2007.06.15 10:22:56 ] (notify) 0rpheus [-SPA-]<CRUEL>(Vagabond) has started trying to warp scramble you. so he was warp scrambled
and subsequently about 1 minute 20 seconds later [ 2007.06.15 10:24:11 ] (notify) Speed changed to 138 m/s [ 2007.06.15 10:24:12 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate
The above messages are received when your ship comes OUT of warp and lands at a stargate.
We can therefore conclude that one of two scenarios happened: 1. The two vagabonds engaged at a gate, and then disengaged, allowing xAsmod's raven to warp; presumably due to not being able to tank gate guns. I can't remember if being warp scrambed turns off your autopilot. If it does, then the only conclusion can be: 2. xAsmod had stabs fitted. (edit) third possibility is actually: 3. xAsmod was engaged by vagas in previous system, jumped, and then warped to the next gate. If this happened he's conveniently snipped that part from his logs.
BoB: When we have fleet battles, our killboard crashes |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |