| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Pistonbroke
D00M. Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.06.20 17:08:00 -
[1]
OK, I am confused and would appreciate some assistance
I've got two accounts on my P.C. One on my C drive, on on my H Drive.
One account works fine One account does not work at all.
Here's the strange thing.
I can log into one account through either client.
The other account, I get the same issue with both clients... that is after entering password, it does the "authenticating" then "preparing data" then the dialogue box disappears. I've left this for a significant length of time to see if anything happens... but no, nothing.
if I hit connect again, I get "LOCAL SESSION CORRUPT: The client's local session information is corrupt, probably as a result of failed cleanup during a disconnect. Connecting to the server in this state could lead to a rather unpleasant game experience. Please restart the client prior to logging in."
what gives? has the locating of both caches into the one area caused this issue? how do I resolve it?
Please help
Running Windows XP, as Administator
|

Sheila Chandra
Marquie-X Corp Ultima Rati0
|
Posted - 2007.06.20 18:17:00 -
[2]
You could try what was the only working thing for me. Delete the second installation and copy the working one again. However, running 2 clients wont work with the new cache folder, you need to run at least one of them with the parameters to revert to old cache folder
|

Pistonbroke
D00M. Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.06.20 18:52:00 -
[3]
Any idea on how I'd go about telling the second client where to look for the second cache? I'm assuming its in some sort of config or settings file somewhere......
|

Makrsh
|
Posted - 2007.06.20 19:12:00 -
[4]
I got only one client, one account and one cache. As luck would have it, I have the same problem you have with an account I can't log on. I don't think it has anything to do with multiple clients...
|

fnar g
kleptomaniacs
|
Posted - 2007.06.20 19:20:00 -
[5]
From the patch notes you now need to run eve with command line options in order to stop it using the cache folder from "my documents". They are: "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE\eve.exe /end /LUA:OFF"
If you have an eve shortcut on your desktop rightclick it, do properties and on the end of the "target" field put /end /LUA:OFF (outside the quotation marks).
If two clients try to both use the same cache folder then it doesnt play nicely.
|

Trebormints
|
Posted - 2007.06.20 21:53:00 -
[6]
I have this problem and just posted about it, now I've seen this post, so I have tried to modofy me target to "D:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\eve.exe /end /LUA:OFF"
But Vista give me a error message, saying that the traget is not valid
any ideas ??
|

Drused
eXceed Inc. INVICTUS.
|
Posted - 2007.06.21 04:56:00 -
[7]
To the last poster, move the " from the end of OFF to the end of eve.exe
|

Trebormints
|
Posted - 2007.06.21 08:36:00 -
[8]
Hi yes you are right, but its not easy or very clear, so for other who may have the same problem in your short cut the target should read
Not "D:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\eve.exe /end /LUA:OFF" but "D:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\eve.exe" /end /LUA:OFF
the " changes all,
only problem with this modif is the day you change your shortcut then you must remodify it ....., shame this can't be done on the eve.exe in the original folder
|

Talkie Toaster
Amarr Incoherent Inc Otaku Invasion
|
Posted - 2007.06.21 08:40:00 -
[9]
i can confirm that this works a treat. it was doing my bloody nut in!
|

Disposeble Alt
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.06.21 14:00:00 -
[10]
Thanks this solved it for me too
Posts by alts hide political affiliation and history. No political statement by any alt should be taken seriously. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |