| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition New Eve Order
|
Posted - 2007.07.04 22:50:00 -
[1]
What do you guys do if the person you are trying to ransom.. doesn't speak the same language 
My opinion is my own, not of my corp or my alliance. If you have problems, we can have a "who can do L4 missions faster" duel >:) |

People Eater
Gun Metal Priests The Makhai
|
Posted - 2007.07.04 22:52:00 -
[2]
Kill'em
|

lofty29
Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2007.07.04 22:54:00 -
[3]
Kill ---
Project Mayhem |

DarkElf
Veto. Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2007.07.04 22:54:00 -
[4]
I've ransomed loads of ppl who don't speak a word of english. normally when they're in hull and ur mention an amount of isk they get the jist of it unless they're total noobs.
I've even had ppl haggle me down in their own language. numbers talk 
If struggling then make ur money from their loot 
DE
|

SasRipper
DIE WITH HONOUR
|
Posted - 2007.07.04 23:04:00 -
[5]
Online translaterys 4tha win! also adding ski to the end of words helps russians 
*snip* Sas has spoken this tread shall be locked. |

Flinx Evenstar
Minmatar Spartan Industries Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.07.04 23:47:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Feng Schui What do you guys do if the person you are trying to ransom.. doesn't speak the same language 
Isk is universal language 
You just open convo and type the number you want...short and sweet 
I, erm, like kill things and stuff |

murder one
Gallente Death of Virtue FreeFall Securities
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 01:16:00 -
[7]
I have a sticky note that says 'your money or your life!' in 16 different languages.
BUYING Poteque Pharmaceuticals 'Prospector' PPH-2, PAYING WELL, CONVO/MAIL IN-GAME |

lofty29
Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 01:31:00 -
[8]
Originally by: murder one I have a sticky note that says 'your money or your life!' in 16 different languages.
Back when I pirated in Oursulaert I was an RP highwayman All my victims used to get a 'STAND AND DELIVER! Your money or your life!' thrown their way. Usually worked  ---
Project Mayhem |

PYROnoxx
Serial Killers Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 01:48:00 -
[9]
Im minnie so im very trigger happy so i cant help u as i pod b4 i remember to ask for ransom *Doh*
|

Warrio
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 03:01:00 -
[10]
Remmeber, if they definately don't speak a word of english then after you get paid it doesn't hurt to kill them anyway. It seems harsh but if they can't tell the story on the forums then what harm is there. Besides, serves them right for not taking night classes. 
Sig removed due to being too freaking awsome. If you would like further details please mail [email protected] - Deckard Cain |

Kesh McCall
Caldari Galactic Science Network
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 03:11:00 -
[11]
f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 Originally by: CCP Wrangler Am I reading this correctly? You claim you have a bug that undresses female avatars
|

Kzarr Ntakki
Gallente Faustus and Company
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 03:41:00 -
[12]
You missed f7 and f8 and 'Onward into battle my merry little band of minions'.....
|

Alpha Sentori
kleptomaniacs
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 06:03:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Alpha Sentori on 05/07/2007 06:03:40 I find that:-
USE CAPITALS TO SIMULATE SHOUTING
L E A V E G A P S T O S I M U L A T E T A L K I N G S L O W L Y
And emote for the arm waving works every time.
Just like on holiday when people refuse to speak English in their own Country. Alpha
|

Gikanzin
Minmatar High4Life Curse Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 06:09:00 -
[14]
If all the above don't work then you could contact me and I will be willing to open goggle to translate your client needs onto you and you to your client for a small fee of course. 
|

Curzon Dax
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 06:14:00 -
[15]
Actually, the folks above have got it spot on. Mathematics is the universal language, and writing "50,000,000 ISK!!" in chat can't be mistake for something else.
If you want to spice up your life, learn how to say "or die!" in a few different languages. That way you can hit them with "50,000,000 ISK OR DIE!" in their native tongue. :)
|

Gikanzin
Minmatar High4Life Curse Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 06:21:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Curzon Dax
If you want to spice up your life, learn how to say "or die!" in a few different languages. That way you can hit them with "50,000,000 ISK OR DIE!" in their native tongue. :)
I     at this idea. But it's a good idea to know the language of "Live or Die" in their own language
|

Saint Schala
Sniggerdly Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 08:10:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Saint Schala on 05/07/2007 08:10:04
Originally by: Warrio Remmeber, if they definately don't speak a word of english then after you get paid it doesn't hurt to kill them anyway. It seems harsh but if they can't tell the story on the forums then what harm is there. Besides, serves them right for not taking night classes. 
babblefish FTW!!!
but i hope u aint serious. Dont dishonr ransoms it just means the target wont trust another pirate to honor their ransoms and that means no more iskies from that carebear.
|

Na'Kunni
Amarr RSP Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 11:19:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Alpha Sentori Edited by: Alpha Sentori on 05/07/2007 06:03:40 I find that:-
USE CAPITALS TO SIMULATE SHOUTING
L E A V E G A P S T O S I M U L A T E T A L K I N G S L O W L Y
And emote for the arm waving works every time.
Just like on holiday when people refuse to speak English in their own Country. Alpha
L O L T O O K M E A G E S TO A C T U A L L Y U N D E R S T A N D W H A T Y O U W E R E S A Y I N G H O W T H A T H E L P S P E O P L E W H O D O N T S P E A K T H E S A M E L A N G U A G E A S Y O U I H A V E N O F U C K I N G C L U E H A H A
|

Kharadran Sullath
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 11:33:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Na'Kunni Edited by: Na''Kunni on 05/07/2007 11:25:05
Originally by: Alpha Sentori Edited by: Alpha Sentori on 05/07/2007 06:03:40 I find that:-
USE CAPITALS TO SIMULATE SHOUTING
L E A V E G A P S T O S I M U L A T E T A L K I N G S L O W L Y
And emote for the arm waving works every time.
Just like on holiday when people refuse to speak English in their own Country. Alpha
L O L T O O K M E A G E S T O A C T U A L L Y U N D E R S T A N D W H A T Y O U W E R E S A Y I N G H O W T H A T H E L P S P E O P L E W H O D O N T S P E A K T H E S A M E L A N G U A G E A S Y O U I H A V E N O F U C K I N G C L U E H A H A
I almost got a stroke from reading that. ------ --Don't get saucy with me Bernaise!-- |

Unreliable Timothy
Taurus Inc
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 11:33:00 -
[20]
do some $$$$ signs....
maybe that will get through to the fool
|

Rashmika Clavain
Gallente Revelation Space
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 13:20:00 -
[21]
Pod them for being daft enough to not learn your language before flying through low sec 
|

jimmyjam
Turbulent
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 13:57:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Feng Schui What do you guys do if the person you are trying to ransom.. doesn't speak the same language 
When i ransom i try to make things as fast as possible. If the target does not speak english sorry you die. Plus the longer you wait the more time they have to get there corp mates over to blob you.
|

Zardenim
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 14:56:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Na'Kunni Edited by: Na''Kunni on 05/07/2007 11:25:05
Originally by: Alpha Sentori Edited by: Alpha Sentori on 05/07/2007 06:03:40 I find that:-
USE CAPITALS TO SIMULATE SHOUTING
L E A V E G A P S T O S I M U L A T E T A L K I N G S L O W L Y
And emote for the arm waving works every time.
Just like on holiday when people refuse to speak English in their own Country. Alpha
L O L T O O K M E A G E S T O A C T U A L L Y U N D E R S T A N D W H A T Y O U W E R E S A Y I N G H O W T H A T H E L P S P E O P L E W H O D O N T S P E A K T H E S A M E L A N G U A G E A S Y O U I H A V E N O F U C K I N G C L U E H A H A

|

Alpha Sentori
kleptomaniacs
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 19:43:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Na'Kunni Edited by: Na''Kunni on 05/07/2007 11:25:05
Originally by: Alpha Sentori Edited by: Alpha Sentori on 05/07/2007 06:03:40 I find that:-
USE CAPITALS TO SIMULATE SHOUTING
L E A V E G A P S T O S I M U L A T E T A L K I N G S L O W L Y
And emote for the arm waving works every time.
Just like on holiday when people refuse to speak English in their own Country. Alpha
L O L T O O K M E A G E S T O A C T U A L L Y U N D E R S T A N D W H A T Y O U W E R E S A Y I N G H O W T H A T H E L P S P E O P L E W H O D O N T S P E A K T H E S A M E L A N G U A G E A S Y O U I H A V E N O F U C K I N G C L U E H A H A
You're obviously not English.
We have a habit in this Country of going abroad and expecting people to understand us. When they don't, instead of learning their language, we tend to shout loudly and slowly whilst waving our arms around in the hope that they understand us. It's an arrogant national trait I'm afraid.
What I said was an attempt at self deprecation but I guess it was lost on you.
Never mind. Alpha
|

dragonssbane
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2007.07.05 19:52:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Feng Schui What do you guys do if the person you are trying to ransom.. doesn't speak the same language 
kill em,loot and keep the body
|

Na'Kunni
Amarr RSP Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.07.06 10:08:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Na''Kunni on 06/07/2007 10:13:41
Originally by: Alpha Sentori
Originally by: Na'Kunni Edited by: Na''Kunni on 05/07/2007 11:25:05
Originally by: Alpha Sentori Edited by: Alpha Sentori on 05/07/2007 06:03:40 I find that:-
USE CAPITALS TO SIMULATE SHOUTING
L E A V E G A P S T O S I M U L A T E T A L K I N G S L O W L Y
And emote for the arm waving works every time.
Just like on holiday when people refuse to speak English in their own Country. Alpha
L O L T O O K M E A G E S T O A C T U A L L Y U N D E R S T A N D W H A T Y O U W E R E S A Y I N G H O W T H A T H E L P S P E O P L E W H O D O N T S P E A K T H E S A M E L A N G U A G E A S Y O U I H A V E N O F U C K I N G C L U E H A H A
You're obviously not English.
We have a habit in this Country of going abroad and expecting people to understand us. When they don't, instead of learning their language, we tend to shout loudly and slowly whilst waving our arms around in the hope that they understand us. It's an arrogant national trait I'm afraid.
What I said was an attempt at self deprecation but I guess it was lost on you.
Never mind. Alpha
And if you could actually understand what i written, you would actually know that i was taking the **** in a friendly manner.
(Edited the rest out )
And for the record, I am English through an through 
|

Dano Katiria
adeptus gattacus Praesidium Libertatis
|
Posted - 2007.07.06 12:16:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Dano Katiria on 06/07/2007 12:17:51 Edited by: Dano Katiria on 06/07/2007 12:16:28
Originally by: Alpha Sentori
Originally by: Na'Kunni Edited by: Na''Kunni on 05/07/2007 11:25:05
Originally by: Alpha Sentori Edited by: Alpha Sentori on 05/07/2007 06:03:40 I find that:-
USE CAPITALS TO SIMULATE SHOUTING
L E A V E G A P S T O S I M U L A T E T A L K I N G S L O W L Y
And emote for the arm waving works every time.
Just like on holiday when people refuse to speak English in their own Country. Alpha
L O L T O O K M E A G E S T O A C T U A L L Y U N D E R S T A N D W H A T Y O U W E R E S A Y I N G H O W T H A T H E L P S P E O P L E W H O D O N T S P E A K T H E S A M E L A N G U A G E A S Y O U I H A V E N O F U C K I N G C L U E H A H A
You're obviously not English.
We have a habit in this Country of going abroad and expecting people to understand us. When they don't, instead of learning their language, we tend to shout loudly and slowly whilst waving our arms around in the hope that they understand us. It's an arrogant national trait I'm afraid.
What I said was an attempt at self deprecation but I guess it was lost on you.
Never mind. Alpha
all that matters is it is sooo true, i get quite angry when people dont understand my loud and slow with arm movements talking, what are they, idiots?!? And for the record, I am English through an through  Being nice is for ugly people - Falazi |

flat face
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 11:15:00 -
[28]
Edited by: flat face on 09/07/2007 11:15:07 .
|

Bedardius
D00M. Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 11:16:00 -
[29]
umm, duh?
freetranstion.com
worked for school and it still works for those pesky ganking russians! ___________________________________ Yarr. Am i cool enough to say that?
www.reflex.griefwatch.net |

Faekurias
Federation Fleet Endless Horizon
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 11:22:00 -
[30]
"This is Planet"
Re-added for Dodiez :P |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |