| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Pheet'tungPAAk
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 10:21:00 -
[1]
This patch means that the gunnery and the controlled bursts skills will be perc/will based. Willpower will then only be primary attribute to leadership which is a useless skill . When I made my character I was under the impression that gunnery skills were linked to willpower and ship skills linked to perception. I quickly realised though that the most and the most demanding gunnery skills were perception based also. But by then I didnŠt want to recreate my character. To make things short, willpower needs some loving also, not nerfing....
|

Arbiter
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 10:25:00 -
[2]
I've only entered the universe of EVE, but it seems useless to continue changing skill primaries/secondaries and not allow characters to redistribute their skillpoints in some balanced fashion.
One example would be all the high-intelligence characters. Once intelligence doesn't affect skills as much as they do now, those characters will be nothing more than gimps from my understanding.
|

Asharee Intrefer
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 10:49:00 -
[3]
At least it's more logic in perception being the main attribute for gunnery skills. I don't see how a more stubborn person would be better at targeting and firing a weapon.
And whether leadership is useless or not is nothing but a matter of opinion. There will probably be more options for those who want to fight in gangs, and then having a skilled leader is very useful.
|

IZON
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 11:24:00 -
[4]
Edited by: IZON on 28/01/2004 11:27:21 oops wrong thread 
"...master! there's a guy in the south village called IZON, he is a Ninja!" |

Mamarto
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 12:22:00 -
[5]
Quote: At least it's more logic in perception being the main attribute for gunnery skills. I don't see how a more stubborn person would be better at targeting and firing a weapon.
They aren't. They are better at learning it though, if you don't hit, do it again and again and again and...
They way I see it, (and obviously the way it works now) is that attributes affects your ability to learn the skills, and once they're learned, you're just able to do it.
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 12:59:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Danton Marcellus on 28/01/2004 13:04:28 Seriously you need to get a frogging clue, yes you CCP, the skills are lopsidedly dependant on a few attributes as it is. If you're to change some skills over from willpower then find some others to replace them and make the attribute matter at all of simply remove it and be done with it. 
I see no reason as to why many intelligence and memory based skills can't be willpower based instead, oftentimes it's not you being a genious that determines if you study on to become prominent in your chosen trade but your persistance, the commitment made, your will carrying you not your wits.
Quote: At least it's more logic in perception being the main attribute for gunnery skills. I don't see how a more stubborn person would be better at targeting and firing a weapon.
You'd have to imagine being under fire and sticking to doing what you've learnt to do when all instincts tell you to run, if that isn't a test of willpower I don't know what is.
I will personally benefit from this change should it come about but that's beside the point.
Convert Stations
|

Wraeththu
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 17:35:00 -
[7]
At least they didn't convert them to Int/Mem like 70% of the rest of the skills  -- TomB: End the speed-race. 1 propulsion mod allowed, make turrets affect ship attributes like +speed/+ab speed +agil for progressivly smaller/lighter turrets, -speed/-ab speed -agil for long-range. |

Tripoli
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 19:24:00 -
[8]
changing Gunnery to perception does not make me happy, but it does make some sense. Now, how about changing Spaceship Command skills to Willpower?
---
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.01.28 20:29:00 -
[9]
How about changing battleship skill to Charisma?
After all it's not so much skills that come into play with a crew of thousands but the asskissing you need to put in to be allowed to pilot one. 
Convert Stations
|

Skelator
|
Posted - 2004.01.30 00:20:00 -
[10]
Actually though I believe in not changing the rules once the game has started this has actually helped me alot.
My perception is 20 and my will power with implants was topped out at 15..
so I guess for once something nice happened for me.. Until they change the rules again LOL
They have us Surrounded again.. the Poor Bastards |

Omniwar
|
Posted - 2004.01.30 01:00:00 -
[11]
Well, there might be new skills coming that we dont know about and those new skills have willpower as main attribute 
Spawn of the Devil
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.01.30 01:39:00 -
[12]
Then they should present these new skills and not just shaft players and leave them hoping for something to maybe come along eventually, give and take, that's how a relationship works.
Convert Stations
|

Kalast Raven
|
Posted - 2004.01.31 06:58:00 -
[13]
I'm so happy I have a Willpower of 20...Is the Leadership skill the only one (non character creation only) with Willpower as primary? CCP plz nerf memory and intel. Memory and Intel are used in way too many things. This should be done out of a sense of game balance. -------
K. Raven
|

Kurenin
|
Posted - 2004.02.01 11:20:00 -
[14]
Ive got ****e perception, but immense willpower.
Everything now takes like 2 days longer to train ----- [22:02] <Kurenin> anyhow, on a more serious note, what did you think of those ideas? [22:02] <Hammerhead> we can't do anything that requires programming
Inactivity wins you. |

Luther Pendragon
|
Posted - 2004.02.01 12:01:00 -
[15]
Wing Commander skills, such as formations are meant to use willpower. ____________________________________ Taggart wants YOU. Join TTi! *waves his hand in your face in the jedi way* |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |