| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Samuel Freedom
Minmatar Ramdon Industries corporation
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:44:00 -
[31]
There quite alot of skills that use Charisma, what is funny though that a character creation it says willipower is primary for Trade IIRC.
|

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:45:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Lardarz B'stard
That text didnt exist 4 years ago.
This is probably true (I can't even remember what it was like when I created this character), but there were always the forums and helpful folks in the noob corp. If I'd found I'd made a terrible mistake (as the OP is suggesting, in regards to charisma) I'm sure I could have re-rolled before I'd made too much progress.
There may not have been a massive sign post, but I'm sure the info was there for the asking. --------
|

iiOs
The Cry of Mankind
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:48:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones
Originally by: iiOs all this gueds and help stuff r new, was nothing like that few years ago
Like i said, it WAS.
Durnit.
The manual and website even had the same info.
Just admit it, you have no good reason to "demand" this "compensation", except that you want a boost to yourself.
I read the manual. I knew what attributes effected. I didn't put 9000 points into charisma.
I dont read manuals, I prefer discovering stuff for my own,
again, if you dont see that charisma need some kind of fix, then you r pointless to talk to because you lack basic logic
----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------- BB
|

Laura Steel
Minmatar Independent Interspace Industiers Fallout Project
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:48:00 -
[34]
If anything I'd rather lower my Int and Mem. by say, 2 points each and add those to Per. and Will. Rather than scrap Char. ----
Darn exclamation mark! I have brown hair, green eyes and a nice tan :) |

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Minmatar Sicarri Covenant
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:50:00 -
[35]
Edited by: Surfin''s PlunderBunny on 22/08/2007 20:51:56
Originally by: Sheriff Jones
Originally by: iiOs all this gueds and help stuff r new, was nothing like that few years ago
Like i said, it WAS.
Durnit.
The manual and website even had the same info.
Just admit it, you have no good reason to "demand" this "compensation", except that you want a boost to yourself.
I read the manual. I knew what attributes effected. I didn't put 9000 points into charisma.
I got my charisma up to 9!   <--- I make little kiddies cry 
Tic Toc Tic Toc , time is ticking ~Liz Kali
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:50:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 22/08/2007 20:51:31
Originally by: iiOs I dont read manuals, I prefer discovering stuff for my own,
again, if you dont see that charisma need some kind of fix, then you r pointless to talk to because you lack basic logic
So you discovered that charisma is useful only in trade/corporation management, social skills etc.
Tadaa!
Why didn't you make another character back then?
Charisma doesn't need a fix, and as you so lovely put it, "you lack basic logic" since you can't produce a reason for the "fix needed".
First you claim "there was no info" when there was, now you say "I don't read info" and even if you don't, it took you 4 years to discover that charisma effects these skills?
Give reason, a good reason, and we can talk.
So yeah, i have a problem with being serious, but it's the almost smallest problem i have. |

Tarminic
Black Flame Industries
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:51:00 -
[37]
Originally by: iiOs if you dont see that charisma need some kind of fix, then you r pointless to talk to because you lack basic logic
Sorry buddy but that's a matter of opinion, not logic. ------------ Whiners - Unite! | Posting and You Tarminic - Forum Warfare Specialist. |

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 20:56:00 -
[38]
Originally by: iiOs
I dont read manuals
Well that really is your look out, isn't it.
If the info is there and you choose to ignore it, then you've got to face the consequences. If the info genuinely didn't exist, you might have an argument. --------
|

Mordrake
ComNav Resources SunStorm Dominion
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:04:00 -
[39]
You want a use for Charisma?
Let characters with over 20 Charisma choose from a wider selection of Character portraits...
When walking in stations comes in there is talk of a "Redo" on everyones character portraits and dress.... have charisma play a factor in the portraits and dress selections that you can choose from when this happens.
Higher charisma the beter looking / dressed you can be when walking arround in stations happens.
(Can hardly wait to see all the but-ugly grizzly fighting types with low charisma shuffling arround in their bland duds;)
"Arte et Marte" |

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:11:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Mordrake You want a use for Charisma?
Let characters with over 20 Charisma choose from a wider selection of Character portraits...
When walking in stations comes in there is talk of a "Redo" on everyones character portraits and dress.... have charisma play a factor in the portraits and dress selections that you can choose from when this happens.
Higher charisma the beter looking / dressed you can be when walking arround in stations happens.
(Can hardly wait to see all the but-ugly grizzly fighting types with low charisma shuffling arround in their bland duds;)
Now THATS a great idea! --------
|

Tarminic
Black Flame Industries
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:17:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Mordrake You want a use for Charisma?
Let characters with over 20 Charisma choose from a wider selection of Character portraits...
When walking in stations comes in there is talk of a "Redo" on everyones character portraits and dress.... have charisma play a factor in the portraits and dress selections that you can choose from when this happens.
Higher charisma the beter looking / dressed you can be when walking arround in stations happens.
(Can hardly wait to see all the but-ugly grizzly fighting types with low charisma shuffling arround in their bland duds;)
I fully support this idea.  ------------ Whiners - Unite! | Posting and You Tarminic - Forum Warfare Specialist. |

Tsanse Kinske
WeMeanYouKnowHarm
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:22:00 -
[42]
Get crew bonuses in the game, working off of Cha/Will skills. Problem solved. Kinda.  * * * In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams, writing about EVE |

Lardarz B'stard
Amarr Dark Knights of Deneb Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:23:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Patch86
Originally by: Lardarz B'stard
That text didnt exist 4 years ago.
This is probably true (I can't even remember what it was like when I created this character), but there were always the forums and helpful folks in the noob corp. If I'd found I'd made a terrible mistake (as the OP is suggesting, in regards to charisma) I'm sure I could have re-rolled before I'd made too much progress.
There may not have been a massive sign post, but I'm sure the info was there for the asking.
Incorrect. There was practically no help whatsoever in the early days of Eve. People starting characters in the last 3 years have a huge advantage over those that began at the start in terms of guides and tools etc. For the first year there was max 5000-7000 players and not really much of an infrastructure to offer help and/or advice. If I had known about charisma being pants within the first 4 months I would have rerolled my character at the drop of a hat. As it happens, I learnt how bad it was about 8 months into the game, by which time it was a bit late. * *sig works best with 3d-glasses
|

Katashi Ishizuka
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:35:00 -
[44]
In every RPG I've ever played Charisma has been the crap skill that combat characters seek to drop points from.
This is new? I remember walking around with 3 cha Half-Orc Barbarian, 2 cha Fallout small guns sniper, whatever.
Charisma is personal attractiveness, how is that going to help you fire a gun? Think before you roll a character you might play for years! I always do this when I start any kind of RPG or RPG-like game - investigate the relative usefulness of stats.
No, if you make CHA better universally by making it a tertiary boost, you shift your burden of stupidity on those of us who min/maxed Caldari Achura, i.e. those that actually knew what we were doing.
Maybe there weren't guides 4 years ago, but during beta I sure as hell knew that int/perc were the most important statistics, just by looking at the skill lists. I still have my 14 int Sebestior miner hanging around on a trial account somewhere.
I vote no because it was your own personal stupidity that got you into this mess. If CHA does get buffed in any other way than by adding new Social, Trade, or Leadership skills, I'll be first to clamor for my Achura to switch to a new Race. I sure didn't roll this guy so he could look nice. 
|

Lardarz B'stard
Amarr Dark Knights of Deneb Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:38:00 -
[45]
Edited by: Lardarz B''stard on 22/08/2007 21:42:56
Originally by: Katashi I****uka In every RPG I've ever played Charisma has been the crap skill that combat characters seek to drop points from.
This is new? I remember walking around with 3 cha Half-Orc Barbarian, 2 cha Fallout small guns sniper, whatever.
Charisma is personal attractiveness, how is that going to help you fire a gun? Think before you roll a character you might play for years! I always do this when I start any kind of RPG or RPG-like game - investigate the relative usefulness of stats.
No, if you make CHA better universally by making it a tertiary boost, you shift your burden of stupidity on those of us who min/maxed Caldari Achura, i.e. those that actually knew what we were doing.
Maybe there weren't guides 4 years ago, but during beta I sure as hell knew that int/perc were the most important statistics, just by looking at the skill lists. I still have my 14 int Sebestior miner hanging around on a trial account somewhere.
I vote no because it was your own personal stupidity that got you into this mess. If CHA does get buffed in any other way than by adding new Social, Trade, or Leadership skills, I'll be first to clamor for my Achura to switch to a new Race. I sure didn't roll this guy so he could look nice. 
I fully agree it was my own fault and a mistake to begin with, and this is the first character I made tbh, but I do somewhat resent being saddled with that one mistake for the rest of my Eve career. Combine high charisma with being amarr and you can see how thoroughly shafted I am.
* *sig works best with 3d-glasses
|

Tortun Nahme
Minmatar Heimatar Services Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.08.22 21:59:00 -
[46]
I trained controleld bursts 4, ccp should change it so that it gives a boost to projectiles
woah, what they wont change the game because I made a mistake, thats freaken stupid!
this irony brought to you by the letter O, and the number 6
Why there should be a breathalyzer to login to Eve-Forums:
Quote: Smacking my own alt in a nerf-thread while drunk, he was irritating a Hauler full of tech II n00bs, Oops.
|

Mordrake
ComNav Resources SunStorm Dominion
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 00:26:00 -
[47]
Edited by: Mordrake on 23/08/2007 00:29:23 After giving it some thought I think there should be 3 "Tiers" for Charisma and the character portrait and clothing choises
-Tier 1 for Charisma up to 12 (Truely horrid to average looking choises for portraits and clothing / Choises of scars and disfigurements for "Accessories")
-Tier 2 for Charisma up to 20 (Above average looks and fashionable clothing / the gambit of "Accessories" now available during character creation (ie tatooes and jewlery))
Tier 3 for Characters over 20 (Dead sexy portraits and clothing / Extra enhancement of "Accessories" available including detailed jewlery and makeup/tatooes)
Of course when training up Charisma when you reach the skill level to get the next "Tier" you will be taken to the character creation again and be able to modify yourself to reflect your new charisma.
Implants should of course have no effect on this.
"Arte et Marte" |

An Anarchyyt
Gallente Federal Navy Academy
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 02:38:00 -
[48]
Clearly I should be able to charm my guns into giving my more wrecking shots. Because after all, they like me so much more.
Infact, even better, my high charisma should gain me control of Rogue Drones, and I can become a new Hive Mind and send drones to various regions in Empire to hunt people down, and pod them without CONCORDokken.
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Second, a gentile is a non jewish person
|

cal nereus
Bounty Hunter - Dark Legion Curse Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 03:15:00 -
[49]
Someone from CCP said something about making attributes have a bigger impact on the game later, hinting at charisma being more useful. Just have patience. You can't expect ALL of CCP's ideas to be applied at once right? ---
Grismar.net |

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 03:46:00 -
[50]
I just hate people saying "There was no guidzorz!!" when there was. From the very getgo.
If you fail to read a guide, then it becomes your problem.
Sure, i'd like more use for attributes, but i would NEVER want charisma to effect battleskills or skills needed to fly your ship(except crew control perhaps).
So yeah, i have a problem with being serious, but it's the almost smallest problem i have. |

Grimm Tbone
Caldari Vendetta Underground Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 04:09:00 -
[51]
I gotta say this.
Have you idiots never played any video game with stat based characters ever before?
Because seriously, who doesn't know Charisma is pointless? when has being pretty and a slick talker ever been useful in a game where everything is decided by strength of arms?
Screw "there were no guides" get a clue about stats and what they do period.
|

Daelin Blackleaf
No Joy Corp Pride - Honor - Duty
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 04:14:00 -
[52]
"Although it influences fewer skills than any other attribute, Charisma is essential for aspiring CEOs, Fleet Commanders and business tycoons. Skills that require Charisma as a primary attribute include Leadership, Social and Trade."
Which you will likely be done with in a few months and then you will never have to use the attribute again.
Yes there are exceptions, generally the realm of specialist alts and the like, but for the majority the attribute is quickly rendered nigh useless.
That said if they'd implement the darn DNA mutators and let us migrate attributes points over the course of a month or so per point we wouldn't need to worry about such things and there would be a lot less character regret.
I hate character regret, it sucks, I'm happy with my capsuleer but I'm the kind of guy who will re-roll 50 hours into a game because he's realised he made a mistake thats going to bug him, so I understand how a lot of these folks feel. Of course most people would simply ditch the game rather than re-roll, I imagine that doesn't happen much here (EvE has quite the monopoly on it's market) but having players regret uninformed decisions they made on the first day of play for the rest of their in-game lives is certainly not good for business.
|

Daelin Blackleaf
No Joy Corp Pride - Honor - Duty
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 04:20:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Grimm Tbone I gotta say this.
Have you idiots never played any video game with stat based characters ever before?
Because seriously, who doesn't know Charisma is pointless? when has being pretty and a slick talker ever been useful in a game where everything is decided by strength of arms?
Screw "there were no guides" get a clue about stats and what they do period.
Excuse me?
Does the much converted to PC DnD not ring any bells?
Bard Cleric Paladin Sorcerer etc
Tell them charisma is useless. 
Players do have some information available on the stats but, and this may be crazy, most folks expect there to be a level of balance between them. In addition back in "the day" information was scarce and often downright wrong. I don't imagine many aspiring mission runners, tycoons, etc boot up EvEmon before they roll their first char and figure out how long it's actually going to take them to max out the skills they're going to need. They perceive a roll for their character based on the data they have been given and they go with it.
|

Filthy Pierre
Gallente Laughing Fox Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 05:21:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Samuel Freedom There quite alot of skills that use Charisma, what is funny though that a character creation it says willipower is primary for Trade IIRC.
This man has it right - note that he says "willipower - once we get to walking around in stations that's going to be invaluable in getting Pimp V and ePeen V.....
Of course, as an astoundingly dashing Gallente male, I already have sky-high charisma and willipower myself...
FP
|

iiOs
The Cry of Mankind
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 05:27:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Tortun Nahme I trained controleld bursts 4, ccp should change it so that it gives a boost to projectiles
yea, its absolutly same thing..
----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------- BB
|

Lardarz B'stard
Amarr Dark Knights of Deneb Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 06:25:00 -
[56]
Apologies for not being a MMORPG geek and not knowing in advance about Charisma. Eve is the only MMO I have ever played.
* *sig works best with 3d-glasses
|

Zoi Opia
Challenger Logistics Corporation APEX Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 07:06:00 -
[57]
Charisma will be used for T3 skills, as T3 items incorporate their own AIs you need to be able to sweet-talk to to make them operate at all. 
|

Buyerr
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 07:07:00 -
[58]
Originally by: iiOs
Originally by: Sheriff Jones Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 22/08/2007 19:50:07
Originally by: iiOs
Originally by: Sheriff Jones Doesn't it effect trade, corporation management, social skills allready?
That, i think, is more then willpower does. Almost more then perception 
yes, because there is just as many ppl train and its corp man, social, and trade as the non imporant ones like drones, eng, elec, gunnery, space ship, missiles, mech, etc...

Well to be honest, if you thought charisma effects those "weapon/ship" skills, you need to learn more on what attributes mean in general.
I took willpower as a primary way back when, 'cause i knew it effected well...battle in some way. If i wanted to focus on battle, drone control or flying, i would sure as heck leave charisma low.
Now, if i wanted to lead people, be social, trade stuff, i'd be very much mroe charismatic.
The initial "charisma is useless" is a flawed statement, because as it is, willpower is even more useless, and it's a "battley droney shippy skill" by default.
was there guids back then? no having 22 charisma ( with adv learning 4) sux trust me, i could use the 10 extra points somewhere else, and who cares what skills means in general, this is not RL game, is it? im sure they can find good reason for charisma to be usefull least as tertiary skill
actually charisme should directly effect your isk gain from bounty, missions, sale tax etc.
anything like that should be directly effected by charisme
|

Buyerr
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 07:10:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Zoi Opia Charisma will be used for T3 skills, as T3 items incorporate their own AIs you need to be able to sweet-talk to to make them operate at all. 
loled i seriusly don't hope so
"sorry your guns are oflining since your sweet talk is too low lvl to make all 8 turret fire.." "sorry your shield booster is offlining since your etc"
would be neat in the middle of a fleet battle :P lol
|

RaTTuS
BIG
|
Posted - 2007.08.23 08:01:00 -
[60]
there where guides around when eve started , as I knew that charisma was not a hot attribute then, eve-i had lots of help for noobs then [dancer FTW]
but now it has more use trade and leadership, [not that you need to train it to advanced 4 you know] -- BIG Lottery, BIG Deal, InEve & RaTTuS Home
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |