| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tommy TenKreds
Animal Mercantile Executive Animal.
|
Posted - 2007.08.31 00:49:00 -
[1]
So, I'm thinking about doing some travelling for a while, going around India, maybe some of the Middle East, for a few months or so. I want to take Eve with me wherever I may end up
So can anyone offer me any advice regarding best hardware, internet connection in remote areas or anything else you can think of? 
|

Cypherous
Minmatar Liberty Rogues
|
Posted - 2007.08.31 00:59:00 -
[2]
Well as for internet connections, EVE works on dialup just don't PvP, 3G should work fone for EVE but any really remote option could prove costly, best bet is a decent laptop with wireless and play at hotspots :) ---------
Liberty Rogues Website
|

Tommy TenKreds
Animal Mercantile Executive Animal.
|
Posted - 2007.08.31 02:44:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Cypherous Well as for internet connections, EVE works on dialup just don't PvP, 3G should work fone for EVE but any really remote option could prove costly, best bet is a decent laptop with wireless and play at hotspots :)
Hmm.. so I am best to stick to hotspots if I want to undock. Check. 
|

toxicvega
Alliance among Wolves EVE Animal Control
|
Posted - 2007.08.31 04:18:00 -
[4]
I run my Laptop @ work (Paramedics have some good downtime) Its a 2.4 Dual Core with 1gig memory Intel Vid. It runs fine in most situations. I dont PVP or PVE and dont goto trade hubs, but for keeping up with Skills and corp stuff its perfect.
edit: I do some small fleet ganking. Vista has Ready Boost.Pop in a 1gig thumb drive and off we go. It is a little laggy jumping into a camp but what the hey it works
-_/-_/-_/-_/- Please return trays to their upright position. Thanks you for riding the forums
Ad Astra Per Aspira - A Rough Road |

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Minmatar Sicarri Covenant
|
Posted - 2007.08.31 04:27:00 -
[5]
If you get kidnapped by Islamic militants, make sure to yell out your name/pass for me when they do their video so I can change your skills for u while you away 
Tic Toc Tic Toc , time is ticking ~Liz Kali
|

Hiesi
The Ankou
|
Posted - 2007.08.31 06:59:00 -
[6]
How awesome would that be seeing a hostage video and the guy wants his skills changed in eve.
"I'm been treated fine but battleship V finishes on friday and I'd really appreciate if someone could change the skill for me to...."
|

Kastar
Memphis Technologies
|
Posted - 2007.08.31 07:11:00 -
[7]
Originally by: toxicvega I run my Laptop @ work (Paramedics have some good downtime) Its a 2.4 Dual Core with 1gig memory Intel Vid. It runs fine in most situations. I dont PVP or PVE and dont goto trade hubs, but for keeping up with Skills and corp stuff its perfect.
I don't know what brand laptop that is, but Eve already runs fine on my Acer 2ghz, 512mb RAM. Dual clients that is (settings are minimized though), pvp, gatecamping and such is fine most f the time.
In any case, I would recommend a laptop with as much RAM as possible, but the type of vidcard and processor is not that important if it's a reasonably recent one.
Kas -----------------------------------------------
|

Tessho
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 09:54:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Tessho on 03/10/2007 09:54:53 Hi,
I would like to play EvE on my laptop, with a 3G connection, but i can't connect :(.
I'm using HDCPA (3G+) and can read webpage as well downloading patch from the client, but no server is found... After few seconds / minutes waited, it only gives me a "status unknow"
Am I doing something wrong ? Or there is something to setup to get access to server by 3G+ connection ?
|

Kessiaan
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 09:56:00 -
[9]
I work on an island, we have Hughesnet out here and I can mine just fine over it.
3-5s lag is normal though, with the odd disconnect here and there. Wouldn't recommend doing anything but mining, or maybe highsec hauling in a passively tanked industrial.
|

Sooplex
Amarr toxicology
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 11:58:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Tessho Edited by: Tessho on 03/10/2007 09:54:53 Hi,
I would like to play EvE on my laptop, with a 3G connection, but i can't connect :(.
I'm using HDCPA (3G+) and can read webpage as well downloading patch from the client, but no server is found... After few seconds / minutes waited, it only gives me a "status unknow"
Am I doing something wrong ? Or there is something to setup to get access to server by 3G+ connection ?
Firewall...after every patch I have to create a new firewall rule for EVE so it will allow connection.
Try disabling firewall for a couple of minutes then attempt log-on to check if you see somthin other than "unknown"
|

XenoPagan
Enterprise Estonia
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 12:09:00 -
[11]
its about time to create a small eve prog to run on PDA's- just to change skills :(
|

Firkragg
Blue Labs Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 13:27:00 -
[12]
VNC on your home computer. Remotly connect using pda. start eve and change skills. There is a thread around here about it somewhere. Basically all your doing is running eve on your home computer and transmitting the display over the internets to your pda and then transmitting input back.
To be totally clear i don't recommend doing this in a 200man fleet battle.
|

XenoPagan
Enterprise Estonia
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 13:59:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Firkragg VNC on your home computer. Remotly connect using pda. start eve and change skills. There is a thread around here about it somewhere. Basically all your doing is running eve on your home computer and transmitting the display over the internets to your pda and then transmitting input back.
To be totally clear i don't recommend doing this in a 200man fleet battle.
ooh. interesting. gonna look into it. thanks!
|

Ringpiece Rita
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 16:22:00 -
[14]
India, that's one toilet right there.
|

NightF0x
Gallente Chicken Coup Raiders
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 16:28:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Hiesi How awesome would that be seeing a hostage video and the guy wants his skills changed in eve.
"I'm been treated fine but battleship V finishes on friday and I'd really appreciate if someone could change the skill for me to...."
LMFAO!!! That made my day
|

JamnOne
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.10.03 17:54:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Hiesi How awesome would that be seeing a hostage video and the guy wants his skills changed in eve.
"I'm been treated fine but battleship V finishes on friday and I'd really appreciate if someone could change the skill for me to...."
Stick to the script, err, I mean please read what we have written so we know you are not trying to transfer any secret information. ________________________
Originally by: CCP Prism X Hah! Vengeance is sweet! 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |