| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Riddari
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 02:27:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Riddari on 12/02/2004 02:29:09 Now I do travel a lot, I use SHOW INFO a lot and I listen a lot and read a lot.
Yet I'm seeing more and more alliance names mentioned of whom I've never heard and have not been able to gather any knowledge on, especially as they are not claiming space as large as a region.
Could someone inform us of the alliances that are active currently within EVE?
I think a lot of new players really need that intell and also, I'm an information junkie 
Please, no flames, just some small blurb on the alliance you are a member of (prefer one post per alliance, want to have this as an information thread, not a debate).
¼©¼ a history |

Enraku Reynolt
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 02:33:00 -
[2]
Ive seen that too and alot of them seem to form and disolve and reform pretty quick too ------------------------------------------------ Do not let the world change you. Change the world
Here's everything I know about war: somebody wins, somebody loses, and nothing is ever the sa |

dalman
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 02:43:00 -
[3]
Yea, it was certainly much easier when there only existed the Stain Alliance, and everyone could figure out where it was based
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Skillz
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 02:45:00 -
[4]
Why don't people form megacorporations instead of alliance this and that?
Keep on flaming, lamers.
|

dalman
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 03:05:00 -
[5]
Quote:
Why don't people form megacorporations instead of alliance this and that?
Because running a 200 member corp is a job. Running a 1000 member corp is your worst nightmare.
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Skillz
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 03:08:00 -
[6]
Sub divisions can run themselves.
Keep on flaming, lamers.
|

Reverend Necrona
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 03:12:00 -
[7]
Quote:
Quote:
Why don't people form megacorporations instead of alliance this and that?
Because running a 200 member corp is a job. Running a 1000 member corp is your worst nightmare.
Heh - so true. Reverend Necrona |

Joviah
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 03:38:00 -
[8]
Quote:
Quote:
Why don't people form megacorporations instead of alliance this and that?
Because running a 200 member corp is a job. Running a 1000 member corp is your worst nightmare.
You're not kidding. It's fun, but EXTREMELY time consuming. 
Joviah Director, Cirrius Technologies
|

Morkt Drakt
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 04:30:00 -
[9]
Quote:
Quote:
Why don't people form megacorporations instead of alliance this and that?
Because running a 200 member corp is a job. Running a 1000 member corp is your worst nightmare.
And especially as there is no incentive to be a mega-corp...If there was some incentive... somebody is bound to be silly enough to do it.
ATM all it does, as you say, is give you more grief than a RL job.
The Habitat program (et al) pretty much defined the maximum stable online community at around 250 people.. anything beyond that and communities (whatever you call them guild or corp) start to fragment: its own members cannot keep up enough with who the other members are to have any reasoanble sense of being in the same "community".
Or put more simply: you stop knowing even vaguely about somebody else who is supposed to be in your Corp.
CCP should dump the entire element of Mega-Corp and concentrate more on alliances... if for no other reason than XX years of online research showing the above (and 9 months of EVE seemingly proving it).
|

Kerosene
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 05:14:00 -
[10]
I mostly agree with BBBBboy but I feel a mega corp is doable once the divisions are working. The three setups of large organisations I see would be..
Alliance -> corp 1 -> corp 2 -> corp 3
Alliance -> mining corp -> military corp -> logistics corp
Megacorp -> mining division -> military division -> logistics division
I suspect if I ever felt like trying to set something large up, I'd probably go down the last road but it's all down to how CCP will handle communication in the future. If everyone is put into a bigass chat room then there will be the '250 habitat' syndrome. If everyone is put into a bigass chat room but are coloured and sorted according to division then that would be quite good. One thing I HATE about alliances at the moment is the fact I don't know what anyone else does in an alliance. If this can be addressed via coloured nicks/chat highlighting people's role in an alliance then this would solve a fair few problems.
|

TIvian
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 07:16:00 -
[11]
Think of it this way Skillz, If every Corp in CA formed into one big Corp...Who would run the show? with so many "colorful" personalitys? and EGO's The Corporation would be over before it started.
With the way that CCP set the Corp system up it would be a huge logistical nightmare and.....BLAH! NO THANKS! (\_/) (O.o) (> <) Teh Uber Asheron's Call Bunny Booty WTFPWNZ you!! |

khalum
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 07:20:00 -
[12]
Some times you can have problems just getting 10 people to cooperate.. I dont want to think about how it would be with 1000+..
A good, working alliance-system would be great, though.. Hurry up with that ;) ---
Peackeepers Inc. never dies, they just go to hell and regroup |

Nikolai Reidar
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 07:28:00 -
[13]
Quote:
A good, working alliance-system would be great, though.. Hurry up with that ;)
Hopefully, that will come with Shiva.
In response to the thread, our corporation founded the Osmeden Alliance (OSAL). I can't reveal how many member corps or players there are, but we consist of corps based in and around the Osmeden system in Placid, a deceptively key system that leads to several high-traffic areas. We are a loose organization, originally formed to preotect each other from the gatecampers in Orvolle. Now, we mostly provide mutual protection, as well as offer each other very reduced rates on goods. Most recently, however, we are working together to roadmap our plans to carve out our own little sector of space to exploit...
:. http://eve.lividandgifted.com (In-game) :. ph33r my HORNETS OF D00M!!!!111 |

ghost437
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 14:44:00 -
[14]
This thread has been totally hijacked. 
|

Fairlane
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 15:09:00 -
[15]
im a member of the "we who like to shoot stuff" alliance , and Founder of the "Metal mayhem Foundation alliance" And im thinking about starting the "yes! smacktalk all you want cuz in the end you will die" alliance soon.
So there¦s 3 alliances for you to put up on the mighty alliance lists
Wallhack... aimbot... You name it!!! RUKI VVERH ...MUSORA! |

Kurenin
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 15:17:00 -
[16]
We at the "death to you all alliance" (currently operates wherever the hell we want) wish to inform you that all your base are belong to us. ----- [22:02] <Kurenin> anyhow, on a more serious note, what did you think of those ideas? [22:02] <Hammerhead> we can't do anything that requires programming
Inactivity wins you. |

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 15:40:00 -
[17]
Evolution of the small corporation, slap on a hint of alliance affiliation in an effort to seem more threatening. Basic camouflage.
About the promises of Shiva, better CCP promote yet more conflict by introducing things to actually tax alliances in the term of dedication, to see who are really interested in co-operation and who are more greedy than anything else.
Yes I'm brewing some such proposal down in the lab...
Convert Stations
|

Riddari
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 18:18:00 -
[18]
Yup. Totally hijacked.
And by m0o... guess Tranquility isn't big enough now 
¼©¼ a history |

Delfina
|
Posted - 2004.02.12 19:52:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Delfina on 12/02/2004 19:57:27 Sorry Riddari :\ you tried at least, poor dear. I think it was hijacked from the 2nd post onward. ----------------------------------------------- Better, stronger, and smarter than you! :P ...who cares about good looks ;) Big, Proud Big Member of BIG! Long live FA. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |