| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s) |

Jhagiti Tyran
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:12:00 -
[1]
In REV 3 it would be awesome if it came with dual monitor support and the ability to place elements of the UI or overview on the secondary screen. I dont know if the demand for dual screen is high but it does exist and I'm sure it wouldn't take to much for CCP to add the support.
|

Zalathar
Minmatar Biometaloid INC
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:14:00 -
[2]
i support dual monitor support! ~~~~~~ *mods, if you think i'm ugly please say "eeek!"* ~~~~~~ eeeeeekk - Deckard eeeeee...K -Darth Patches gawwwd damn!!1 -zhuge you soo pretty  I think you're stunningly handsome and let me just say that you're wearing that dead parrot on your shoulder in a particularly dashing way today. -Hango Your using up all the space hango! - Timmeh |

Corsa d'Azur
Income Redistribution Service
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:17:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Jhagiti Tyran I'm sure it wouldn't take to much for CCP to add the support.
Out of curiosity what makes you so sure it wouldn't take to much to add the ability to support dual screens?
|

Brutor Shaun
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:18:00 -
[4]
I fully endorse and support this idea.
Bookmark Idea - My skills
|

Henry Loenwind
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:21:00 -
[5]
Basically, as a dual-monitor user, all I want is the possibility to shift the center of the screen to the left or right by some amount of pixels. That's all. It'd also be ok for the 2D-elements to stay where they are, just the 3D part would be enough.
(Or in other words: right-drag to the left and hold that permanently.)
|

Jhagiti Tyran
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:23:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran on 13/09/2007 19:25:48
Originally by: Corsa d'Azur Out of curiosity what makes you so sure it wouldn't take to much to add the ability to support dual screens?
Well I wont pretend to understand even the basics of programing but what makes me sure is that CCP have created despite its problems one of the largest and most complicated games around So I'm sure just adding the ability to drag and drop parts of the UI/overview to another Monitor isn't much of a problem for the developers.
I think the mechanism for dual monitor support is largely from the drivers (Only my assumption I dont really know)
|

Ki Tarra
Caldari Ki Tech Industries
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:25:00 -
[7]
While your at it, add customizable window sizes for windowed mode.
************************** Ki Tech Industries - Bond Offer |

Epica
Caldari Exiled.
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:32:00 -
[8]
I support this idea. Me wants to use my second monitor for eve. Not for scouring Ebay for cheap couches ^^ "Death by very big pew pew blasters."
|

MellaRinn
Veto. Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:41:00 -
[9]
I swear I saw screenies of people using two or even 3-6 monitors with eve 
My Vids - Click |

Wagstaff
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:43:00 -
[10]
Originally by: MellaRinn I swear I saw screenies of people using two or even 3-6 monitors with eve 
There's hardware that will treat multiple monitors as if it were one big monitor. This can often be done in the video driver of a dual-head video card, and Matrox has some external boxes for splitting one signal across 2 or 3 video cards. From Windows point of view, it looks like a single big rectangular monitor. However, it's nice to keep the seperation between monitors when you're not playing and using your computer for productive work. ;)
|

Neslo
Gallente DarkStar 1 GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:44:00 -
[11]
Originally by: MellaRinn I swear I saw screenies of people using two or even 3-6 monitors with eve 
It used to be an option in the graphics menu... but it gotten taken out.
I think you can still use it though... just do horizontal spanning on your video card and set the resolution to the max. (eve does go to some pretty impressive resolutions)
From Ashes to Ashes... From Dust to Dust.... |

KsLIVER
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:49:00 -
[12]
First off...yea, this would be kewl.
Second. If you scroll down in the main forum window, there's a whole section about the technologies / features used in eve, including a section on ideas. At the top of the ideas section, there is a most suggested ideas sticky. Take a peek.
Might want to post there if you have any suggestions
|

Stefx
Gallente Moons of Pluto
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:52:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Zalathar i support dual monitor support!
I support Zalathar's support for dual monitor support
|

Plaetean
Murder-Death-Kill
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:59:00 -
[14]
This would be seriously cool imo.
-----
|

000Hunter000
Gallente Magners Marauders
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 20:13:00 -
[15]
think this has been posted before and i remember people using it succesfully with eve, offcourse a triple monitor setup would be ideal 
linky
CCP, let us pay the online shop with Direct Debit!!! Magners is now recruiting, evemail me or Dagazbo ingame.
|

Iyanah
Minmatar Mining Munitions and Mayhem R i s e
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 20:18:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Jhagiti Tyran In REV 3 it would be awesome if it came with dual monitor support and the ability to place elements of the UI or overview on the secondary screen. I dont know if the demand for dual screen is high but it does exist and I'm sure it wouldn't take to much for CCP to add the support.
I would quite like this. at the moment i play in windowed mode to allow me to continue to use my second monitor. ========================================== Iy
please remember: I AM a sarcastic ******* and nothing i say has ever represented the thoughts or feelings of my corp, alliance, or anyone really. read |

Jhagiti Tyran
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 20:34:00 -
[17]
I know this has been been posted before but didn't know it was in a sticky, The forum search tends to necro things so I dont use it 
But with Rev III and the new engine on the way I thought it was time to suggest it again.
|

Taedrin
Gallente Magellan Exploration and Survey Zzz
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 20:36:00 -
[18]
I don't even have dual monitors, and I support this idea 
|

Katabrok First
Caldari Asguard Security Service Angels Of Discord
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 20:48:00 -
[19]
Please, please, pleeeeeaaaaase do it
Katabrok, the space barbarian.
I want the The Correct DreadÖ!!!! |

Awateru
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 21:04:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Stefx
Originally by: Zalathar i support dual monitor support!
I support Zalathar's support for dual monitor support
I'm fully supportive of Stefx's support of Zalathar for supporting dual monitor support.
|

Epong
Private Military Company
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 22:44:00 -
[21]
Oh yes Dev's do that and your my gods for a lot time  - Bad girl +5 and Sarcasm +5
|

Recluse Viramor
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 22:45:00 -
[22]
Dual monitors 4tw
|

Nuke'em
Caldari Viper Intel Squad Pure.
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 22:50:00 -
[23]
I also think this would be excellent. I find having everything on one monitor cramed up is even more annyoning when looking at my blank monitor right beside it.
|

Havoc Darkeen
Northern Shadowrunners FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 22:53:00 -
[24]
I support it!
|

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Amarr Ministry of War
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 23:05:00 -
[25]
If eve gets native dual monitor support I'd like to see it used for the display of information and not just an extension of the space view.. Think of how nice it would be to have the map open along with all your chat market and other non combat/mining related windows out of the main view.. Plus of course you could also use it to have your main view on both displays if that floats your boat.. 
Originally by: David Hackworth ò If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.
|

DeadRow
Dragonstar
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 23:08:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Awateru
Originally by: Stefx
Originally by: Zalathar i support dual monitor support!
I support Zalathar's support for dual monitor support
I'm fully supportive of Stefx's support of Zalathar for supporting dual monitor support.
Must.. not... be... tempted...
I'm fully supportive of Awateru's suppose of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor suppose.
Bah, damnit. /DeadRow
|

Krxon Blade
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 23:09:00 -
[27]
Support! Vote! Signed! As I already did it several times before.
--
|

Dread Operative
Sniggerdly Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 23:11:00 -
[28]
We need this.
|

Erim Solfara
Amarr House of Solfara
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 23:25:00 -
[29]
Yes Please : )
A new tool in the fight for balance? |

Wagstaff
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 23:43:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Dred'Pirate Jesus If eve gets native dual monitor support I'd like to see it used for the display of information and not just an extension of the space view.. Think of how nice it would be to have the map open along with all your chat market and other non combat/mining related windows out of the main view.. Plus of course you could also use it to have your main view on both displays if that floats your boat.. 
Yes. It would be awesome to set things up so that most or all of the UI was on one screen, showing the map in the background, with the other screen being an uncluttered space view.
|

Yao Shiu
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 23:47:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Yao Shiu on 13/09/2007 23:49:53 sounds like a good idea...
Originally by: DeadRow
I'm fully supportive of Awateru's suppose of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor suppose.
I wholeheartedly support DeadRow's full support of Awateru's support of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor support. 
|

Ghostess
United Mining Corporation
|
Posted - 2007.10.13 13:36:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Wagstaff
Originally by: Dred'Pirate Jesus If eve gets native dual monitor support I'd like to see it used for the display of information and not just an extension of the space view.. Think of how nice it would be to have the map open along with all your chat market and other non combat/mining related windows out of the main view.. Plus of course you could also use it to have your main view on both displays if that floats your boat.. 
Yes. It would be awesome to set things up so that most or all of the UI was on one screen, showing the map in the background, with the other screen being an uncluttered space view.
Exactly what I've been saying since I started playing! |

Malcanis
High4Life SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.13 14:51:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Wagstaff
Originally by: Dred'Pirate Jesus If eve gets native dual monitor support I'd like to see it used for the display of information and not just an extension of the space view.. Think of how nice it would be to have the map open along with all your chat market and other non combat/mining related windows out of the main view.. Plus of course you could also use it to have your main view on both displays if that floats your boat.. 
Yes. It would be awesome to set things up so that most or all of the UI was on one screen, showing the map in the background, with the other screen being an uncluttered space view.
I find that a 24" 1920x1200 is just about the right size for everything I need for running a character.
CONCORD provide consequences, not safety; only you can do that. |
|

CCP Explorer

|
Posted - 2007.10.13 15:51:00 -
[34]
Edited by: CCP Explorer on 13/10/2007 15:50:53
It's more complicated than you might think, but we're taking the first steps in the EVE Online: Trinity expansion, where we are making changes to the window system and how the overview, drone view and fleet view function, which will then allow us to take further steps later.
Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson Software Director EVE Online, CCP Games |
|

Trixie Baggz
Pyrrhus Sicarii
|
Posted - 2007.10.13 15:55:00 -
[35]
DUAL MONITORS CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL
|

Shaitis
Caldari Convergent Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 01:39:00 -
[36]
support !!!
|

Cynthia Nixon
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 03:08:00 -
[37]
What would really be nice is if the UI elements came up in random positions every time.
Try to set up macros on THIS, *****es!!
But seriously, the main issue (for those of you listening at home) is that when you use two monitors, your main UI elements get split right across the division between the screens.
I.E., it's somewhat unusable.
|

Inamarian
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 03:09:00 -
[38]
I fully support his whining.
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 03:26:00 -
[39]
Originally by: CCP Explorer Edited by: CCP Explorer on 13/10/2007 15:50:53
It's more complicated than you might think, but we're taking the first steps in the EVE Online: Trinity expansion, where we are making changes to the window system and how the overview, drone view and fleet view function, which will then allow us to take further steps later.
Please oh please oh please oh please tell me that the overview and drone interface are going to be movable objects.
|

James Duar
Merch Industrial GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 03:29:00 -
[40]
Originally by: CCP Explorer Edited by: CCP Explorer on 13/10/2007 15:50:53
It's more complicated than you might think, but we're taking the first steps in the EVE Online: Trinity expansion, where we are making changes to the window system and how the overview, drone view and fleet view function, which will then allow us to take further steps later.
Could you also change it so selecting a different display adapter in the graphics menu will cause the EVE window (when in windowed mode) to actually be moved to that monitor?
Currently it just defaults to the windows primary, and lags everything out till you drag it.
|
|

CCP Explorer

|
Posted - 2007.10.14 11:45:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Cynthia Nixon What would really be nice is if the UI elements came up in random positions every time.
Yes, all players would just love that feature!
Originally by: Cynthia Nixon But seriously, the main issue (for those of you listening at home) is that when you use two monitors, your main UI elements get split right across the division between the screens.
Yes, addressing that would be the further steps we would be able to take.
But you have to admit that we have awesome triple monitor support 
Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson Software Director EVE Online, CCP Games |
|
|

CCP Explorer

|
Posted - 2007.10.14 11:47:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Amarria Black Please oh please oh please oh please tell me that the overview and drone interface are going to be movable objects.
See my replies in this thread.
Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson Software Director EVE Online, CCP Games |
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 11:52:00 -
[43]
Originally by: CCP Explorer
Originally by: Amarria Black Please oh please oh please oh please tell me that the overview and drone interface are going to be movable objects.
See my replies in this thread.
/leghump
Awesome. Made my day. I'll stop asking you every time I see you post. ^_^
|

ThaMa Gebir
Gallente Raddick Explorations Executive Outcomes
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 13:23:00 -
[44]
Originally by: CCP Explorer
Originally by: Cynthia Nixon What would really be nice is if the UI elements came up in random positions every time.
Yes, all players would just love that feature!
Originally by: Cynthia Nixon But seriously, the main issue (for those of you listening at home) is that when you use two monitors, your main UI elements get split right across the division between the screens.
Yes, addressing that would be the further steps we would be able to take.
But you have to admit that we have awesome triple monitor support 
Yes that's true, but we (as in the commoners) have to afford it first...   ----------------------------
Confirmed heaviest member of RDEX........
Hah, no more hijacks here. |

John McDuff
Caldari Jovian Labs Kinetic Maelstrom Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 13:44:00 -
[45]
Originally by: DeadRow
Originally by: Awateru
Originally by: Stefx
Originally by: Zalathar i support dual monitor support!
I support Zalathar's support for dual monitor support
I'm fully supportive of Stefx's support of Zalathar for supporting dual monitor support.
Must.. not... be... tempted...
I'm fully supportive of Awateru's suppose of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor suppose.
Bah, damnit.
I am generally supportive of support for the support of dual monitor support support.
--- "Everyone speaks of my drinking, but never of my thirst" Everyone can now start bowing down to me in an orderly fashion...
|

Contralto
Gallente A Thorn Industries Corporation
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 15:12:00 -
[46]
I saw the Birth of the 1st change to the gui on Sisi today, a new tab in the esc menu.
Its called "display" and has some of the old sections of the "graphics" tab, "Graphics" tab now has empty real estate and a sole clickable button labeled "use advanced display" I toggled it while in space but saw no difference. but at least its a start even if a miniscule one.
there is also several options for reducing the damage log pop ups during combat, Ie turn off damage popups. show misses show inflicted show incurred and show reduced damage info
|

arthell
Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 16:51:00 -
[47]
I heartily support Yao Shiu's wholehearted support of DeadRow's full support of Awateru's support of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor support. 
|

Sokratesz
Paradox v2.0
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 17:35:00 -
[48]
Originally by: DeadRow
Originally by: Awateru
Originally by: Stefx
Originally by: Zalathar i support dual monitor support!
I support Zalathar's support for dual monitor support
I'm fully supportive of Stefx's support of Zalathar for supporting dual monitor support.
Must.. not... be... tempted...
I'm fully supportive of Awateru's suppose of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor suppose.
Bah, damnit.
I support this.
Paradox V2.0 is recruiting! |

Tipz NexAstrum
Celestial Horizon Corp. Valainaloce
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 17:56:00 -
[49]
Please yes -------------------------------------------
|

Shanzem
DarkStar 1 GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 18:55:00 -
[50]
holy crap.. CCP you may actually make me go out and buy a new Graphics card and get duel monitor just so i can use this feature!
anybody got any helpful sites for setting this op and the hardware required??
could me 6800GT do this??
-------------------------------------------
|

Baron Primus
Viziam
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 19:52:00 -
[51]
When you've got two accounts running, dual monitors is CRUCIAL- especially in EVE window mode. Have one windowed EVE take up the first monitor, second account,second monitor. No brainer.
You can actually make a really GREAT 1(?)-man gank squad  
|

Baron Primus
Viziam
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 19:54:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Shanzem holy crap.. CCP you may actually make me go out and buy a new Graphics card and get duel monitor just so i can use this feature!
anybody got any helpful sites for setting this op and the hardware required??
could me 6800GT do this??
Im not entirely sure, but I figure so long as you have 2.. For lack of a better word, monitor outlets on the back of your card, it should be able to. I think nvidia drivers come with a dual-monitor wizard or something. You cant really just plug and play. Certainly any of today's cards can handle the workload. EVE is just another reason for you to go and update that card.
|

TekGriffon
|
Posted - 2007.10.14 19:58:00 -
[53]
It would be amazing to have Eve playing on my main monitor and the second monitor display:
1. My chat windows, market information, etc. 2. A zoomed out top down tactical map. 3. The galaxy map. 4. Any combination of the above.
|

GPerson
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 00:45:00 -
[54]
Originally by: arthell I heartily support Yao Shiu's wholehearted support of DeadRow's full support of Awateru's support of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor support. 
I endorse this pro- dual-monitor capability statement.
~~~Sig Stuffs Here~~~ I highly recommend drunken posting. This sig has been unhighjacked since 2005. |

EFF ONEF1
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 08:10:00 -
[55]
i fully support CCP not supporting dual screens,
seriously people, attach a rig to that 2nd screen and make full use of it.
thats like 2 other accounts you could be running at the same time ffs.
and if you say you cant afford a 2nd rig to attach to that 2nd screen.
i hear dell has a great credit plan lol. -----------------------------------------------
|

Variable1
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 08:39:00 -
[56]
/signed
Would love dual monitors :) Might even make up for some of the lag :P
|

Haurian Commando
Gallente Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 21:32:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Sokratesz
Originally by: DeadRow
Originally by: Awateru
Originally by: Stefx
Originally by: Zalathar i support dual monitor support!
I support Zalathar's support for dual monitor support
I'm fully supportive of Stefx's support of Zalathar for supporting dual monitor support.
Must.. not... be... tempted...
I'm fully supportive of Awateru's suppose of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor suppose.
Bah, damnit.
I support this.
...cannot...resist...quote...pyramid.....
i support Sokratesz's support of Deadrow's support of Awateru's support of Stefx's support of Zalathar's support of dual monitor support
|

Coret Trobane
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 21:51:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Ki Tarra While your at it, add customizable window sizes for windowed mode.
You can always just add whatever resolution you want to the drivers in control panel -> display -> settings -> advanced ... eve just offers resolutions (even for windowed mode) which your drivers tell it you can support, and the drivers normally have a very incomplete list.
You can also add custom resolutions using the latest version of rivatuner.
Anyway ... i'm a dual monitor user, and being able to dump cluttering windows onto a secondary monitor would be awesome 
|

Shadowfax2121
Gallente Black Lance Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 22:44:00 -
[59]
Dual SLI with four 19" LCDs, I could run two instances of eve in dual-screen mode.. *drools*
|

Darklorden
Minmatar Sebiestor tribe
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 22:50:00 -
[60]
Absolutely wonderful idea.
/Wholeheartly signed
- - - - - -= Hunger is the perfect motivator for those who are lazy by nature =-
-= It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice =- |

Marsman37X
Amarr Alder Space Pioneers
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 23:02:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Amarria Black
/leghump
I fully support Amarria Blacks leghumping of Explorer!
2 Years and no sig hi-jack \o/ |

Kyozoku
Mutiny.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 23:08:00 -
[62]
also add g15 keyboard support! |

Morlekk Xariun
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 00:05:00 -
[63]
Edited by: Morlekk Xariun on 21/10/2007 00:11:57
Tri-Screen FTW! :P
|

An Anarchyyt
Gallente Sublime.
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 00:13:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Morlekk Xariun Edited by: Morlekk Xariun on 21/10/2007 00:11:57
Tri-Screen FTW! :P
You've got the Matrix going on in the middle there?
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Second, a gentile is a non jewish person
|

Kazuma Saruwatari
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 03:59:00 -
[65]
multi-monitor support?
HOLY **** YES PLEASE -
Odd Pod Out, a blog of EVE Online |

Drizit
Amarr Lonely out here Division of Eden
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 04:35:00 -
[66]
This idea has been knocking around for a long time. Features and ideas regularly has a thread about it.
It would be nice, even if the second monitor was just a blank background for windows/overview etc to be placed. The lack of space in teh viewing area has always been a problem, especially in lowsec and 0.0 where the scanner, local and other associated windows are pretty much essential for survival. The one remaining survival tactic which is visibility is absent.
--
|

Zurtur
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 11:01:00 -
[67]
Being a hardcore dual monitor user here, I would sooooo love this!
Z -
Back in sig designs! |

Dex Treme
Amarr Pardit Lastor Corp
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 11:17:00 -
[68]
/signed
|

Veilix
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 11:25:00 -
[69]
/signed
|

Danzig256k
Caldari Mortal Devastating Kin
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 12:03:00 -
[70]
I would love to have dual monitor support even if i can get my windows onto my 2nd monitor, all I'd like to see on my main would be my ship and local
|

Freelancemen
Horizon.Inc Dark Matter Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 12:39:00 -
[71]
My CEO got a triple screen with the matrox box, looks awesome. I have to do it with a normal dual screen. Would indeed be nice to have a dual screen support.
|

Ilea Celentay
Veiled Justice
|
Posted - 2007.10.21 13:10:00 -
[72]
Originally by: CCP Explorer
But you have to admit that we have awesome triple monitor support 
Awesome reply! 
Faction Ship Info || Rig Factory |

Lazarann
Caldari Ideal Machine Nemesis Rising
|
Posted - 2007.10.22 06:15:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Freelancemen My CEO got a triple screen with the matrox box, looks awesome. I have to do it with a normal dual screen. Would indeed be nice to have a dual screen support.
OMFG I want that
|

Molly Neuro
|
Posted - 2007.10.22 07:33:00 -
[74]
Originally by: Freelancemen My CEO got a triple screen with the matrox box, looks awesome. I have to do it with a normal dual screen. Would indeed be nice to have a dual screen support.
very nice  |

Raneru
Darwin With Attitude oooh Shiny
|
Posted - 2007.10.22 08:12:00 -
[75]
When you do support dual monitors, Can you also add in 2 seperate windows when in windowed mode for those of us who spend most of our time afk in stations browsing the forums? 
|

Ares Lightfeather
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.10.22 09:36:00 -
[76]
I support Haurian's support of Sokratesz's support of Deadrow's support of Awateru's support of Stefx's support of Zalathar's support of dual monitor support.
And like to add that I'll get that third screen and matrox thingie (or equivalent) as soon as I get the money for it... which is not going to be soon...
-- Siggie ! Come back here ! --
Originally by: Victor Valka
Originally by: MotherMoon well a drone UI is a bit of an artist job
Drone AI is obviously done by an artist too. One that is heavily into abstract
|

Vladimir Ilych
Gradient Electus Matari
|
Posted - 2007.10.22 09:46:00 -
[77]
Originally by: Jhagiti Tyran In REV 3 it would be awesome if it came with dual monitor support and the ability to place elements of the UI or overview on the secondary screen. I dont know if the demand for dual screen is high but it does exist and I'm sure it wouldn't take to much for CCP to add the support.
Signed. I would love this.
|

Kilasha
|
Posted - 2007.10.24 23:56:00 -
[78]
Originally by: John McDuff Edited by: John McDuff on 14/10/2007 13:52:32
Originally by: DeadRow
Originally by: Awateru
Originally by: Stefx
Originally by: Zalathar i support dual monitor support!
I support Zalathar's support for dual monitor support
I'm fully supportive of Stefx's support of Zalathar for supporting dual monitor support.
Must.. not... be... tempted...
I'm fully supportive of Awateru's suppose of Stefx's support of Zalathar supporting dual monitor suppose.
Bah, damnit.
I am generally supportive of support for the support of dual monitor support support support.
Edit: added another support to make it fit with everyone's support for the supported subject support :)
i support the supporting of the supporting of the supporting of the supporting of the supporting of the supporting of the supporting of DeadRow's lovely origional comment...
but on a side note, what would be kewl is if the dev could make it to where you could select what you wanted on the 2nd mon. i.e. loco/reg-market; topview tactical for fleet support and command isueing; asset management; chat; pretty much anything that is on your screen now that gets in the way of the action, or even waaaay down the dev road even a 2nd view of your ship so you could monitor more than just a 180 of your ship (like main mon is your standard behind the ship view and mon#2 is from the front of your ship so you can monitor whats behind you in combat) and make it so you can switch between that and your management info's or put it into a window itself like a reer-view mirror.  
|

Xaen
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2007.10.25 00:01:00 -
[79]
Originally by: CCP Explorer Edited by: CCP Explorer on 13/10/2007 15:50:53
It's more complicated than you might think, but we're taking the first steps in the EVE Online: Trinity expansion, where we are making changes to the window system and how the overview, drone view and fleet view function, which will then allow us to take further steps later.
What about putting the UI in a separate thread from the fetchMeSomeData(marketData) calls? So we don't have to wait on the market to update every freaking time we sell something before we can do anything else. --
Support fixing the EVE UI
|

Xaen
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2007.10.25 00:21:00 -
[80]
For the curious: VX922 on the left (fast LCD). 226BW C Panel on the right. Had to use a colorimeter on the 22" to get the colors right, but now they're perfect (a machine did it after all).
I typically run all EVE instances on the 22" since I run in dual view mode (two independent displays) and a movie/EFT/EVEMon/Browser on the 19".
EVE does not like to run multiple instances on different monitors in dual view. If you try clicking on the game on the secondary monitor it will totally freak out and move it to the other one and change the resolution it's running at and all sorts of crazy annoying things. I just gave up and alt+tab now. --
Support fixing the EVE UI
|

NightF0x
Gallente Chicken Coup Raiders
|
Posted - 2007.10.25 01:02:00 -
[81]
Originally by: Cynthia Nixon What would really be nice is if the UI elements came up in random positions every time.
you must not have been around when the great zoom-in after a jump was in effect. GAWD that was annoying and I'm ever grateful that it was fixed.
|

eLLioTT wave
Art of War Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.10.25 04:33:00 -
[82]
Originally by: CCP Explorer
Originally by: Cynthia Nixon What would really be nice is if the UI elements came up in random positions every time.
Yes, all players would just love that feature!
Originally by: Cynthia Nixon But seriously, the main issue (for those of you listening at home) is that when you use two monitors, your main UI elements get split right across the division between the screens.
Yes, addressing that would be the further steps we would be able to take.
But you have to admit that we have awesome triple monitor support 
Why can't you just allow custom resolutions? Matrox box is good but very limited with its resolutions, if you would allow custom resolutions it would fix it for a lot of people. Being able to define a centre point would then fix it for dual monitor users.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |