| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Versutia
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 12:28:00 -
[1]
hello all, I've recently lost my Vexor on a Complex op and am a bit bored with the whole mining thing to recoup my losses. I got 8 mill to spend and while I could get another vexor and fit it out I doubt I'd have much money to get all my armaments after the ship purchase. so I'm looking to fit out my Catalyst in order to do some missions to get some quick dosh. Any ideas on what, I also realise you may want to suggest a load of weapons I have no skills for, I was going to enclose my current skills but they appear to be wrong on my profile so please if possible put down their required skills.
Thanks in advance
|

Leandro Salazar
The Blackguard Wolves Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 12:32:00 -
[2]
1. 4 salvagers, 4 tractor beams, ab/mwd, cap mods, agility mods, cargo mods. 2. Salvage other peoples L4 3. ??? 4. Profit 5. Get another Vexor
There is no 'n' in turret There is no 'r' in faction There is no 'a' in Scorpion There is no 'e' in Caldari There is no makeup in rogue drones |

Versutia
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 12:47:00 -
[3]
I did try salavging but it wasnt as profitable for me as it is for others. I know you need to spend time on it. I was thinking more along the lines of doing NPC missions, namely courier missions. Or what ever is the highest paying Mission type. I'd only be able to pull off level 1's although I am told that a Cat can pull off level 2's
|

Leandro Salazar
The Blackguard Wolves Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 13:01:00 -
[4]
If you salvage the right missions (those containing Blood, Sansha and Angel Battleships) you will make like 100 times the money you can make on lvl1 missions. The key is to only salvage the BS and not wasting time on the other wrecks.
There is no 'n' in turret There is no 'r' in faction There is no 'a' in Scorpion There is no 'e' in Caldari There is no makeup in rogue drones |

Versutia
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 13:08:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Versutia on 14/09/2007 13:08:55 Ok you say I will make 100 times more money.
1. Where do I find these Battleship wrecks (As in .5 .6? and I assume when you say BS you mean Battleship) 2. I have Salvager Skill 1, when you say I'll be making loads of money are you talkin about a maxed out salvager? 3. The components I recieve how much will they sell for, or do I have to make them into rigs for them to be worth anytrhing
You'll forgive me if some of my comments are wrong or ill informed, this is because im still relativley new.
Thanks
Edit: 4. how rare are these BS's gonna be?
|

Leandro Salazar
The Blackguard Wolves Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 13:25:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Leandro Salazar on 14/09/2007 13:25:19
Originally by: Versutia Edited by: Versutia on 14/09/2007 13:08:55 Ok you say I will make 100 times more money.
1. Where do I find these Battleship wrecks (As in .5 .6? and I assume when you say BS you mean Battleship) 2. I have Salvager Skill 1, when you say I'll be making loads of money are you talkin about a maxed out salvager? 3. The components I recieve how much will they sell for, or do I have to make them into rigs for them to be worth anytrhing
You'll forgive me if some of my comments are wrong or ill informed, this is because im still relativley new.
Thanks
Edit: 4. how rare are these BS's gonna be?
You go to a popular mission system where people run lvl4 missions. Preferably in Amarr or Minmatar space. Penirgman for example. Then you ask in local whether people would mind dropping you a BM for their Blood/Sansha/Angel missions so you can salvage them, you should find some willing to do that. Maybe even pay them 1 mil or so for it. That is how you find the battleship wrecks.
Blood/Sansha drop melted capacitor consoles that sell for 400K each, and I would say you get about 1-2 per BS wreck on average. Angels drop Alloyed Tritanium Bars at about the same rate which are worth 300K per. And as side income you get plenty of circuits. All you really need is a good salvage ship and salvage skill at 3.
There is no 'n' in turret There is no 'r' in faction There is no 'a' in Scorpion There is no 'e' in Caldari There is no makeup in rogue drones |

Versutia
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 13:29:00 -
[7]
lol i wish there was a private message system...
OK sounds as if i found some duff stuff, there were only frigs i was salvaging from. if i asked in local about level 4 missions id find out where they run to locally? I'm in gallante space at the mo see. there's no penalty for salvaging wrecks thou. I'm not gonna aggro am i? if not is the asking purely a courtesy thing. thanks for your info
|

Stefx
Gallente Moons of Pluto
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 13:38:00 -
[8]
Join a corp
Very often, a skilled corp member will be running L3-4s to bump his standing, offer him to salvage for him and pay him half of what you get.
|

Leandro Salazar
The Blackguard Wolves Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 13:45:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Versutia lol i wish there was a private message system...
OK sounds as if i found some duff stuff, there were only frigs i was salvaging from. if i asked in local about level 4 missions id find out where they run to locally? I'm in gallante space at the mo see. there's no penalty for salvaging wrecks thou. I'm not gonna aggro am i? if not is the asking purely a courtesy thing. thanks for your info
There is no penalty but without asking you will not find their mission sites, unless you probe them down for which you will have to train a LOT of skills. And salvaging small and medium wrecks is pretty worthless, it is BSes you are after. A Gallente mission hub is Dodixie I think, but Gallente gets most missions against NPCs that drop crap for salvage.
There is no 'n' in turret There is no 'r' in faction There is no 'a' in Scorpion There is no 'e' in Caldari There is no makeup in rogue drones |

Alnn
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 13:49:00 -
[10]
well if you are going to join a corp make it one that operates in 0.0 then you can salvage their wrecks from ratting
our corp for example evemail me ingame if you wanna know more (not a recruiting i am just trying to help)
|

Versutia
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 14:11:00 -
[11]
thanks man, im already in a corp but i wouldnt mind taggin along. i am a bit worried about 0.0 as wouldnt i be the easy target for PvP'ers?
|

Alnn
|
Posted - 2007.09.14 22:03:00 -
[12]
That all depends on where you go and who is in your corp to back you up
In my corp we have carrier capable pilots who can help us shuffle things back and forth between o.o and empire
Some areas in o.o are real quiet you just run and hide if a large group of nasties show up 
If you enjoy missions level 2's I found very easy in a cormurant with
HI: 7 x 150mm railgun II, 1 x RL MEDS: 2 x sensor booster II, 2 x tracking computer II LOW: MAPC (Micro Auxillary Power Core)
Substitute for best named if you cant use the tech2 yet the MAPC is good on frigates and destroyers to help fit better kit it gives +10 pg instead of +10% like the PDS
This setup will pop frigates at about 80km walk through most level2s
|

Versutia
|
Posted - 2007.09.15 11:02:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Versutia on 15/09/2007 11:03:01 Leandro Salazar...........
YOU ARE GOD!!! made about 8 million.
question- i was slavaging some wrecks ( abut another 20 mill right there. they are gonna be gone after the downtime arent they?)
|

Acoco Osiris
Gallente Sublime.
|
Posted - 2007.09.15 14:42:00 -
[14]
I find that salvaging even light/medium wrecks is worth it. Besides-I'm a vacuum cleaner, I leave nothing except scrap metal and cap boosters (and even those I take if I have spare cargo room).
Anyways, Catalyst mission fit 8 125mm railguns Cold-gas afterburner Cap recharger Civvy or small armor repairer Damage control unit Reactor control unit, power diagnostic unit, or magnetic field stabilizer (MFS/magstab) Don't forget the drone.
8 125mm railguns is an essential for missions. No point in fitting a destroyer without 8 125mm railguns (though the Caldari one will be 7 125s and a light launcher). Afterburner is pretty essential to keeping your range. Cap recharger allows you to run your stuff better-especially the repper. Repper and damage control unit give you a ghost of a tank... though your best bet in a destroyer is to be so far out your enemies miss (I would recommend using iridium ammo and sniping from 18km). PDU/RCU help with the powergrid issue, since by now you're probably over the limit. RCUs provide +10% powergrid, PDUs only 5%, but PDUs come with shield and capacitor boni.
Really, civvy vs. small repper and PDU/RCU vs. magstab are highly dependent on how high you have your engineering skill.
And as for salvaging 4-5 salvagers 3-4 tractors AB cap recharger 2-3 cargo expanders Could fit a nanofiber internal structure here, maybe a cap power relay, personal preference. ------------------------------ One more soldier off to war... And one Velator in my hangars. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |