| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

K'reemy G'udness
Gimme Gimme Gimme
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 22:52:00 -
[1]
Edited by: K''reemy G''udness on 18/09/2007 22:52:59 Once a proud mini vampire, this ship is fairly useless thanks to the Nos nerf.
Originally by: Cairo dog Edited by: Cairo dog on 26/02/2006 13:14:41 Mine is something like this: 3x med nosferatu (best named) 2x 125mm II 1x10mn AB II 1x disruptor 1x webber and 2x jammers/dampeners/tracking disruptors or sensor booster 1x med rep II 1x 400mm or 800mm plate (can't remember) 2x energized adaptive nano's 1x n-type exp hardener.
This was once a solid Ishtar setup. Are we supposed to swap Neutralizers in for the Nos?
For those that don't know, this ship has 5 high slots, but only 3 turret slots.
Sincerely, K'reemy ---
Uh oh...
|

Dr Fighter
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 22:56:00 -
[2]
with the mrym and domi as they are the only ishtar fit that works atm is the nano fit, yeah it gets pawned if caught but is fun to fly and effective if your not a tot r*****
|

Adrian Steel
Caldari Knowledge Capsuleers
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:06:00 -
[3]
I know this may come as a surprise to you, but they're called turrets. But I have to assume that's not what you're looking for. Looks like it's back to the test server for you to find the next flavor of the month (douchebag).
Click above image for site link. |

Ollie TT
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:19:00 -
[4]
Some of the guys I fly with prefere it for roaming gangs, more spare drones rather than the myrm which is boned if it loses its heavys. Also nanofag.
|

Kruel
Blunt Force Syndicate
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:26:00 -
[5]
Ishtar shines when speed fit or when running missions.
|

Marux
Gallente Aliastra
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:28:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Marux on 18/09/2007 23:29:01
Originally by: Ollie TT Some of the guys I fly with prefere it for roaming gangs, more spare drones rather than the myrm which is boned if it loses its heavys. Also nanofag.
How did the language filter not catch that one?
Also, the Ishtar still seems like a pretty solid ship to me. I hope the be flying one soon. Who can say no to a Cruiser with Battleship damage and tankability? ----- I've heard shuttles don't tank very well.
|

Fedman Kasad
Minmatar Bulgarian Experienced Crackers
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:31:00 -
[7]
Maybe cause "fag" can mean a cigarette left-over. [-------------------------------------------------] Tears stream behind my visor, but eyes look unblinking at the world |

d026
THE LEGION OF STEEL WARRIORS.... R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:47:00 -
[8]
its probably the best guri ratter out there:)
|

Aerandir Telrunya
Gallente Bears Inc FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:56:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Aerandir Telrunya on 18/09/2007 23:56:54
Originally by: Adrian Steel Removed for stupidity.
Damn straight. Maybe you should rethink your corps name if your going to post replies like your original one!
Anyway... back on topic:
I too am training to fly an ishtar and am also pondering a fit which will work but must admit I'm coming up a bit short as, to be frank, anything I try the myrmidon can do better!
I'm inclined to think that the way to fit it is for speed (nano) and fit light guns (125mm rails or similar) for killing frigates in the highs along with an energy neut or two to help in the process. Alternatively you could use the spare slots for fitting a remote armor reppers... I guess... Unfortunatly I'm not too hot on working out nano fits and my major problem trying to come up for a fit for the ishtar which involves a decent tank is I find I'm running out of CPU which is a bit of a first on a Gallente ship (especially on a drone boat), normally its the powergrid which lets me down.
Any one found a tanking fit which works for them post NOS/EANM nerf or is nano the only way to fit this ship?
|

Bellum Eternus
Gallente Blood Corsair's The Red Skull
|
Posted - 2007.09.18 23:58:00 -
[10]
Originally by: K'reemy G'udness Edited by: K''reemy G''udness on 18/09/2007 22:52:59 Once a proud mini vampire, this ship is fairly useless thanks to the Nos nerf.
Originally by: Cairo dog Edited by: Cairo dog on 26/02/2006 13:14:41 Mine is something like this: 3x med nosferatu (best named) 2x 125mm II 1x10mn AB II 1x disruptor 1x webber and 2x jammers/dampeners/tracking disruptors or sensor booster 1x med rep II 1x 400mm or 800mm plate (can't remember) 2x energized adaptive nano's 1x n-type exp hardener.
This was once a solid Ishtar setup. Are we supposed to swap Neutralizers in for the Nos?
For those that don't know, this ship has 5 high slots, but only 3 turret slots.
LOL @ Ishtar 'being useless' w/o nos. 
Bellum Eternus [Vid]Blood Corsairs - Day One |

Cha Jeng
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 00:48:00 -
[11]
To say an ishtar is useless is hilarious to me. That raven I owned the other day didn't seem to think so. I never favored the nos setup myself, instead opting for cap injection and about 10k armor on mine. Does quite nice dps, and though I can't always dictate the range of the fight, as I am not a speed tank, the wost I have done so far is had my prey get away from me. Everything I could keep around has popped.
|

WildSide
Spartan Industries Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 02:16:00 -
[12]
simply do as before...speed setup it:) _______________________________ Vids produced by me
|

Arii Smith
Caldari StarHunt Fallout Project
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 05:49:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Arii Smith on 19/09/2007 05:49:19 Fag is allowed but not F E G? What language has F E G as a swear?
|

Vardemis
Jericho Fraction The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 06:29:00 -
[14]
There are certainly more options to fit an Ishtar then using a standard nano version. I love flying the Ishtar and I use a nanosetup only 50% of the time. It might be a bit tough to fit, but you have a lot of options, due to the slot layout. |

slothe
Caldari 0utbreak
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 06:38:00 -
[15]
its not useless and you dont have to nano it.
there are fittings out there that dont include nos, try using your brain rather than thinking unimaginatively inside the box.
|

Aerandir Telrunya
Gallente Bears Inc FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 10:00:00 -
[16]
Originally by: slothe its not useless and you dont have to nano it.
there are fittings out there that dont include nos, try using your brain rather than thinking unimaginatively inside the box.
Sigh... this is what I hate about the eve-o forums. You ask for suggestions for a fit and you get told to stop 'thinking unimaginatively inside the box' but with no suggestion of an actual fit!
To my mind all this says is that the person relpying has not even tried to fit this ship and is just sticking their or in because they can! Please for the sanity of myself and others please either contribute to the thread of keep your unfounded opionions to yourself! 
Any one who has ever actually tried to come up with a fit for this ship struggles, which is why nos was used in the past as it was relativley low on cpu and grid and was effective. Due to recent changes in NOS (meaning it is no longer as effective) coupled with increased CPU requirements for EANM's mean that, as I see it, we are left with a ship which you either have to nano or you have to leave slots unused. That, whilst not ideal, I can except. What I can't accept is that anthing I try to do (excluding a nano fit) on this ship I can do a lot more effectively on the myrmidon and at a fraction of the cost!
No its not useless, it can still field 5 heavy drones, but it has been hit hard by the nerfs and as far as I can tell there are ships out there which do a better job than it at a fraction of the cost! I get the feeling this should be a versitile ship but it just isn't because it's cpu and grid are now too low.
Anyway, this is what I was thinking of for a 'non-nano' fit... thoughts etc. ?
Highs: 3x 125mm Prototype I Gauss Guns, Medium Energy Neutralizer II Mids: 10MN MWD II, Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I, Warp Disruptor II, Medium Capacitor Booster II, Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I Lows: Damage Control II, 2x Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II, Medium Armor Repairer II, Capacitor Power Relay II
Rigs: 2x Auxiliary Nano Pump
That leaves me with 1 free high which I could put an offlined module in (Remote armor rep? Salvager?).
|

DARTHxFREE
G.R.U.N.T
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 11:05:00 -
[17]
I like the nano ishtar, can orbit 50km and still use ur drones, or send shield maint out to buddies. Medium nos drones seem magic vs any inty trying to snare u down too
can't do uber takle/tank/dps/nos all at the same time like it used to, but i think thats a gud thing. >:-E3 /join Cheeze & Whine Club
|

Butter Dog
The Littlest Hobos Betrayal Under Mayhem
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 11:19:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Marux Who can say no to a Cruiser with Battleship damage and tankability?
Whilst it may have the DPS of a Dominix without guns (not overly impressive), it certainly cannot match battleship or even battlecruiser tanks.
Thats the problem.
The only viable fit really is the nano-ishtar. Because if you want to tank as well, you are much better off in a myrmidon.
----------
|

6Bagheera9
Slacker Industries Exuro Mortis
|
Posted - 2007.09.19 12:40:00 -
[19]
/me Dies laughing and moves on to next thread.
|

Cha Jeng
|
Posted - 2007.09.20 00:10:00 -
[20]
I have never for a second though a myr was better than an ishtar. I wouldn't mind bumping into a myr in my ishtar in the least.
|

Nomakai Delateriel
Amarr Delictum 23216
|
Posted - 2007.09.20 00:28:00 -
[21]
Given that it has at HAC 4 a 325m3 dronebay it sure beats the Myrmidon when it comes to punching power. A spare flight of heaviest and 75m3 left for light and utility drones. Speed, 5 mids (opening up for flexible tanking/E-war option) and I'd say that the ishtar is one of the best HACs out there, even when it isn't nanod.
And unlike the Vaga you don't really know what you're going to fight when you're faced with the ishtar. Could be nano-ishtar, could be armortanked E-war insanity. ______________________________________________ -You can never earn my respect, only lose it. It's given freely, and only grudgingly retracted when necessary. |

Steppa
Gallente Incognito Inc
|
Posted - 2007.09.20 00:36:00 -
[22]
I've been away from the game for a while, but it looks like something, probably invention, is taking the bite out of HAC prices. I can remember when the Ishtar was only 60 million!!!
The Ishtar is, hands down imho, the best solo ratter in the game. Although that may change too, now, as a good deal of the solo ratting setup was all nos in the highs and armor reps/anti-rat hardners in the lows. Regardless, it's a truly wonderful all-around ship with 5-5-5 and a lot of fun to fly.
I have a very good screenshot (pre Red Moon Rising), without the hud cluttering it up, of myself and a corpmate flying two Ishtars in formation near a belt. I took a bunch of screenshots in sequence as we both released our 15 drones at the same time. The pic that turned out the best has all 30 exploding from both ships at very nearly the same time. I put a custom border on it and titled it "...let slip the dogs of war" and it's been on my desktop since.
|

Steppa
Gallente Incognito Inc
|
Posted - 2007.09.20 00:39:00 -
[23]
In response to all the nerfs they're hitting my Ishtar with (it was only a matter of time), maybe they should compensate by giving it enough of that new, funky "wavelength" to fly 10 heavies.
|

MyOwnSling
Gallente RONA Corporation FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.20 03:05:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Steppa In response to all the nerfs they're hitting my Ishtar with (it was only a matter of time), maybe they should compensate by giving it enough of that new, funky "wavelength" to fly 10 heavies.
It's bandwidth, not wavelength. Unlikely that will happen, unless they introduce another skill that will allow you to control more than 5 drones (or if they change one of the bonuses). There was a time when ships could throw out more than 5 drones and the lag was bad. Another drone damage bonus would also do this just as effectively. ------------- Stop whining.
Originally by: Puupuu dude... your face...
|

Ranger 1
Amarr Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.09.20 06:16:00 -
[25]
It amazes me that people believe the NOS to be totally ineffective now. If your fit compliments it, it is just as effective in most cases, as it always was.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |