| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

DanyBoyEX
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 15:04:00 -
[1]
I have a couple questions regarding agents.
1. What do the Agent Quality numbers mean? Such as -16 or -5?
2. As a newb not wanting to get in over my head which number would be better to start off with?
3. Is there any easy way to find agents you can get missions from besides going station to station, system to system, until I find one?
And lastly, i got myself killed doing a mission, and there is no way i could do it at my current level of exp. Is it better to cancel the mission or let it expire, or do you take the same "negative" hit from your agent? And how many times can cancel missions until you get denied permanently?
Thanks, and I apologize if these have been asked a million times... I went back 5 pages and didn't see anything.
|

Xoria Krint
The Movement
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 15:16:00 -
[2]
1. high quality = shorter trips/more reward low quality = longer trips/less reward
2. Above zero in quality and Level 1-2 agent
3. Yes. Show info on a npc station: rightclick and take show info on a station and press the small info-symbol in the right corner to bring up the info on the npc corporation then click on the tab named "Agents"
Hope it make sense ;)
|

Thorke
Gallente Old Timers Guild Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 16:44:00 -
[3]
I use this agent database.
In general, you want agent quality as high as you can get (although, some agents are in systems surrounded by low-sec systems and you get sent there too often, so your milage may vary).
Rule of thumb for what ship is needed for each agent level: 1 - frigate 2 - cruiser 3 - battlecruiser 4 - battleship While you are getting on your feet and training your basic gunnery and other ship handling skills, some level 1s can seem impossible -- it gets better as your skills solidify.
As far as I can tell, the penalty for canceling a mission or letting it expire after is the same; but I am not sure. Best thing is to keep track of the missions that you find hard and refuse to take them in the first place; you can do this once every 4 hours without penalty.
|

DanyBoyEX
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 17:46:00 -
[4]
So would I be correct in my assumption in that the lower the Quality, the lower the difficulty?
(a -16 will be easier than a -5?) I know I'd be doing more running for less of a reward, but I have to start somewhere...
|

Dretzle Omega
Caldari Psychedelic Party Stellar Economy Experts
|
Posted - 2007.10.15 18:00:00 -
[5]
Originally by: DanyBoyEX So would I be correct in my assumption in that the lower the Quality, the lower the difficulty?
(a -16 will be easier than a -5?) I know I'd be doing more running for less of a reward, but I have to start somewhere...
Not necessarily. Strictly speaking, the quality only affects the rewards, as stated above, a higher quality will give you shorter travel time/higher rewards. However, I've been noticing that with an agent I've been doing plenty of missions with, I've raised my standing enough so his effective quality is quite high. I've noticed, doing this, that he has been tending to give me the more difficult missions for this level, which because they are more difficult I get higher pay. ------------------- 4 8 15 16 23 42 108 |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |