| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Boomx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:37:00 -
[1]
Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
|

civdariri
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:39:00 -
[2]
They should offer compensation i agree.
|

Vinchester
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:39:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Boomx Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
well, thats the case im afraid
|

RogueAnt
Minmatar R.U.S.T. Phalanx Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:40:00 -
[4]
Give them some ideas of "compensation" such as?? e.g??
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:41:00 -
[5]
15 euro per month actually if in the EU, 15 USD otherwise (or if you buy GTCs from outside the EU). And yes, other than a mass of whines for a couple of days, a 9 hour downtime is taken surprisingly lightly, for other non-EVE players. _
1|2|3 |

Tao Han
Synthetic Frontiers
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:42:00 -
[6]
I demand a free shuttle! ------ *snip* Your signature image is password-protected. -Rauth Kivaro([email protected]) I know, CEO was being a tard. -Tao |

Jeske
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:43:00 -
[7]
"LOL" comes to mind first.... but on a non-sarcastic note: There will be no compensation as you call it. This sort of thing has happened in the past and will definitly happen in future, there's no way to predict this and all CCP can do is fix it. I think their form of compensation is 1) fix it asap and 2) give us free expansions on regular basis. On a legal note: this is even covered in the contract you aggreed upon joining Eve.
|

Serious Rikk
Pangalactic Aquisitions
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:45:00 -
[8]
Compensation, even asking for it is a fail.
Cmon, it was 9 hours out of more than 700 in a month. how about CCP give you your .2 of a euro...
 -- Noble Scumbag
|

Kazuma Saruwatari
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:46:00 -
[9]
Havent you read the EULA you're supposed to accept when you started your account? -
Odd Pod Out, a blog of EVE Online |

Zaqar
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:47:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Boomx Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
Ok, I'll enlighten you: The Eve population is, for the most part, mature enough to accept that problems occur with computers sometimes, and not to whine and cry and demand things on the forums every time it happens.
Happily, the cretins who come and demand things on the forums every time there's a bit of downtime are pretty rare, and they usually get flamed back to wherever they came from.
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:48:00 -
[11]
Aaaand WoW ushers in a generation of MMO players who feel some sort of entitlement.
Just what we always needed. E-welfare whiners.
|

Zaqar
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:51:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Serious Rikk Compensation, even asking for it is a fail.
Cmon, it was 9 hours out of more than 700 in a month. how about CCP give you your .2 of a euro...

Perhaps he's not after money....
CCP, give the OP fairy wings on his avatar to show him that you're sorry.
|

Eshestun
Caldari The Mavericks Sylph Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:53:00 -
[13]
rofl... people complain about .2 of a euro.. Here is an unofficial secret CCP told me to help you get your money back. Turn off your computer and lights and go for a 5 minuet walk. BAM! instantly saved your .2 or more euro in hydro saved >.>
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:54:00 -
[14]
I want a "Survived xyz hours of downtime" counter next to my forum avatar  _
1|2|3 |

Elliot Reid
Digital Fury Corporation Digital Renegades
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:54:00 -
[15]
Compensation form __________________________________
|

fire 59
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:56:00 -
[16]
considering the amount of times dt has ended early and they haven't charged us more, it's abit cheeky to ask for freebies when they were locking stuff down to ensure the health of the game and it's customers.
Just be greatful they managed to stop the ebil baddies
Random Goon - 'Why don't you kickbox me about it, after your dad has killed himself of course' |

Sorted
Low Sec Liberators
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:56:00 -
[17]
You can have compenstation when CCP charge you for expansions. Sound fair?
now STFU.
|

Nito Musashi
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:56:00 -
[18]
I remember on patch in AC where the server went totally nuclear was was down 3 days, we got mini pets for that, that was our compensation.
or you could look at your 2 week trial with no cc required for eve as your compensation.
|

Commander Prishe
Caldari The LoneStar Corp Edge Of Sanity
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:57:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Commander Prishe on 20/10/2007 10:05:43 I totaly agree with the original poster.
Most other MMORPGS (even free ones) offer some form of compensation "ingame event" to there "paying customers". They may not have to offer anything according to there terms of agreement but its a nice gesture.
9 hours downtime you say? no compensation event? I wasnt even playing that day, but I am disgusted that they dont care or are to lazy to implement some form of compensation.
Examples of which could be:
Double pirate bounties for a few days Skill points accumulate twice as fast for a few days Some ingame "easter egg" event (these are common in most mmorpgs regularly without downtime)
Been playing for 4 months now and ive not seen a single ingame event scheduled for everyone to enjoy, except for that tournament thing but that was for the elite select few who could participate.
|

Jenny Spitfire
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:58:00 -
[20]
Be happy, I hear rumours that CCP is going to give us pumpkin launchers for Halloween. --------- Technica impendi Caldari generis. Pax Caldaria!
Kali is for KArebearLIng. I 100% agree with Avon.
Female EVE gamers? Mail Zajo or visit WGOE.Public in-game. |

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:58:00 -
[21]
A skillqueue WILL do fine... /jedihandwave _
1|2|3 |

Mr Funkadelic
Tenacious Danes Ka-Tet
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:58:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Boomx Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
But in wow you dint get free expansions.
|

Zaqar
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 09:59:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Commander Prishe I totaly agree with the original poster.
Most other MMORPGS (even free ones) offer some form of compensation "ingame event" to there "paying customers". They may not have to offer anything according to there terms of agreement but its a nice gesture.
9 hours downtime you say? no compensation event? I wasnt even playing that day, but I am disgusted that they dont care or are to lazy to implement some form of compensation.
Examples of which could be:
Double pirate bounties for a few days Skill points accumulate twice as fast for a few days Some ingame "easter egg" event (these are common in most mmorpgs regularly without downtime)
Another set of wings for this one please.
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:00:00 -
[24]
People don't ask compensation for the moneyz, they ask it for a few reasons:
- To get CCP to admit they messed up. - To get the feeling they are somehow important. - To feel they "are in charge".
Silly reasons, i know, but people are this way.
I don't care for any compensations, it changes nothing, with or without it i'll still be playing those 8 hours more when my subscription runs out in 2167.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Iyanah
Minmatar Mining Munitions and Mayhem R i s e
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:01:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Kazuma Saruwatari Havent you read the EULA you're supposed to accept when you started your account?
of course not, he said he came from WoW. he's expecting eve to be another cookie cutter generic MMORPG where everyone does what blizzard does, because they're "the best". pfft.
when wow does it's weekly maintenance or a patch day, you lose the server for the whole day. eve is much more stable, and this downtime was caused by someone accessing a security breach in the database, you want to get angry at someone? get angry at the jerk who ruined the game for you and everyone else. ========================================== Iy
please remember: I AM a sarcastic ******* and nothing i say has ever represented the thoughts or feelings of my corp, alliance, or anyone really. read |

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:05:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Iyanah of course not, he said he came from WoW. he's expecting eve to be another cookie cutter generic MMORPG where everyone does what blizzard does, because they're "the best". pfft.
when wow does it's weekly maintenance or a patch day, you lose the server for the whole day.
La dim di dum...and we call ourselves civilized and adult? The "better" MMO?
Naughty naughty. Let's not throw assumptions and accusations where they are not needed/true.
The EULA etc are almost identical, except even rougher, on Blizzard games. WOW DT is once a week, in the nighttime.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Caldrion Dosto
Dragonfire Intergalactic Crusaders of Krom Visions of Warfare
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:07:00 -
[27]
I think it¦s interesting with some people stating that "you loose 9 hours out of 700 that youhave each month big deal".
What they are not thinking about is this:
*Some people have jobs. *Some people have limited time to play eve. * We all are paying for the possibility to play eve whenever we want during the month except the daily downtime.
So we are not paying for the 700 hours or so we can play, we are paying for the possibility to play whenever we want during that month.
If the possibility is taken away it should be "reimbursed" or compensated.
|

iiOs
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:08:00 -
[28]
we should all get a free t2 tissue
Click me and get isk
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:12:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Caldrion Dosto we are paying for the possibility to play whenever we want during that month.
Check the agreement we ALL signed(and some should read) and you'll notice that isn't exactly true.
You don't pay to play whenever you want.
You pay for the ability to play, WHEN the servers are up.
IT is stated clearly there, that at any time, for any reason, they might take the servers down or EVEN cut the service completely without any compensation.
You agreed to this.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Malcanis
High4Life SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:15:00 -
[30]
Originally by: fire 59 considering the amount of times dt has ended early and they haven't charged us more, it's abit cheeky to ask for freebies when they were locking stuff down to ensure the health of the game and it's customers.
Just be greatful they managed to stop the ebil baddies
Good point.
CONCORD provide consequences, not safety; only you can do that. |

Gaia Thorn
Mentally Unstable Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:15:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones
Originally by: Iyanah of course not, he said he came from WoW. he's expecting eve to be another cookie cutter generic MMORPG where everyone does what blizzard does, because they're "the best". pfft.
when wow does it's weekly maintenance or a patch day, you lose the server for the whole day.
La dim di dum...and we call ourselves civilized and adult? The "better" MMO?
Naughty naughty. Let's not throw assumptions and accusations where they are not needed/true.
The EULA etc are almost identical, except even rougher, on Blizzard games. WOW DT is once a week, in the nighttime.
Well dont think it's night all around the world when Blizzard does their maitnance ?
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:16:00 -
[32]
Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:17:38 Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:17:00
Originally by: Gaia Thorn Well dont think it's night all around the world when Blizzard does their maitnance ?
Besides the point. Still claims that are not true, are juvenile WOW bashicng in an EVE cocoon of "adulthood" or "superiority".
WOW bashers, who think they are better because they play EVE, are just as bad as people bashing EVE.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:17:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Gaia Thorn Well dont think it's night all around the world when Blizzard does their maitnance ?
Since they have, like, no idea, what, 300 servers, all localized... yeah, they CAN have maintenance "nighttimes"  _
1|2|3 |

Strak Yogorn
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:19:00 -
[34]
compensate the OP, then make him pay for the expansions. Everyone should be happy then ...
|

Boomx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:19:00 -
[35]
Sorted, what exactly is your problem posting stfu comments? Take your child comments elsewhere please.
Bascially I am not greedy and want money or such. I just want my payed time back. So basically take a day away from me, fine push up the paydate one day. This is not beeing greedy, its being the better good from CCPs side(or how you would translate it).
Blizzard dont have to give people playtime, they do so because its the right thing to do.
|

Kirjava
Lothian Quay Industries Zzz
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:20:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:17:38 Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:17:00
Originally by: Gaia Thorn Well dont think it's night all around the world when Blizzard does their maitnance ?
Besides the point. Still claims that are not true, are juvenile WOW bashicng in an EVE cocoon of "adulthood" or "superiority".
WOW bashers, who think they are better because they play EVE, are just as bad as people bashing EVE.
Too true. In my brief adventure into WoW through a trial I didn't see as many prats as I do on a daily basis on these forums.
Originally by: CCP Morpheus
Post with your alt.
|

Verone
Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:21:00 -
[37]
How's about the FREE expansion you're getting next month?
>>> TRIBUTE TO A FALLEN WINGMAN <<<
|

Boomx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:22:00 -
[38]
I wouldnt mind paying for the expansions as long as they are not huge bugfixes but actually content...
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:23:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:23:19
Originally by: Boomx I wouldnt mind paying for the expansions as long as they are not huge bugfixes but actually content...
Yeah, pfft, like 20 new ships, new ore, new modules, hundreds of new missions, whole graphic engine rebuild....what kind of content is that!
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Boomx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:25:00 -
[40]
Dude, why are you so defensive? :)
Coming patch is a good one...
You guys seem to take everything like: how can I take this post the wrong way... let me see AHA now I know...
|

El'Niaga
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:26:00 -
[41]
They should offer compensation if nothing more than tacking on a day of service. It really in the long run costs them nothing. It shows that they appreciate the customer and builds good will.
You can't wait until things turn south to build good will and you really can never have enough good will built up with the customers because one major event that affects them can wipe out the goodwill you've built up.
Whoever introduced the security hole needs to be reprimanded and possibly considered for replacement. Such sloppiness could have had much more harmful effects than we witnessed.
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:26:00 -
[42]
Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:27:31 Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:27:09
Originally by: Boomx Dude, why are you so defensive? :)
Because...
Originally by: Boomx I wouldnt mind paying for the expansions as long as they are not huge bugfixes but actually content...
Is nothing more then a whine.
No matter how you try to cop-out of it now.
If you don't want to get replies like that, then post some more words, ok?
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:27:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Kirjava Too true. In my brief adventure into WoW through a trial I didn't see as many prats as I do on a daily basis on these forums.
Apparently you didn't interact wth anyone.
Take the worst of our worst, distill them 5x, and breed them by the thousands. You'll have something close to the WoWnoobs.
Oh, and just wait. When WoW finally melts down, we'll get our share. And so will every other MMO in circulation. Muhuhahahaha! 
|

Dionisius
Gallente Critical Analysis Te-Ka
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:28:00 -
[44]
I wantz a carrier!!!! \o/
_____________________________________ Hello, i like to shoot random people.
|

Louis DelaBlanche
Cosmic Odyssey YouWhat
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:29:00 -
[45]
another unexpected dt another compensation whine thread. Its only 9hours & since servers come up its been a mix of cries of daylight robbery for lost playtime & CCP performing a labotomy on those who lost skilltraining time. Maybe next time you load EVE to see server offline, take the oppertunity to do something else?
Some ppl are losing alot more than a few hours worth of paid playtime/skilltime (I for one prob wont be able to log in till mid december) yet it always seems to be the few hour losers that make so much noise. Stop trying, you wont get compensation & to be quite frank, i fail to see why u deserve it.
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:30:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Amarria Black
Originally by: Kirjava Too true. In my brief adventure into WoW through a trial I didn't see as many prats as I do on a daily basis on these forums.
Apparently you didn't interact wth anyone.
Take the worst of our worst, distill them 5x, and breed them by the thousands. You'll have something close to the WoWnoobs.
Oh, and just wait. When WoW finally melts down, we'll get our share. And so will every other MMO in circulation. Muhuhahahaha! 
I've played(yes i'm gonna say it!) WOW for ages, and never, not once, have i seen such antipathy, ignorance, juvenile namecalling and outright disrespect towards other people/games as in EVE.
While at the same time, hiding behind a "this is real MMO! this is adultz!" banner.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Boomx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:30:00 -
[47]
Hugs El'Niaga...
At least I am not completetly alone with my corrupted thinking.
Heading back to my pen now. BSSSSSh!
|

Sorted
Low Sec Liberators
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:36:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Boomx Sorted, what exactly is your problem posting stfu comments? Take your child comments elsewhere please.
Bascially I am not greedy and want money or such. I just want my payed time back. So basically take a day away from me, fine push up the paydate one day. This is not beeing greedy, its being the better good from CCPs side(or how you would translate it).
Blizzard dont have to give people playtime, they do so because its the right thing to do.
My problem is with people. Specifically this time with people thinking they are ENTITLED to compensation for DT- when in reality, they are NOT entitled to compensation for any ammout of downtime (be it 9 hours or 9 days)according to the agreement (the EULA). We already receive extra from CCP, over and above the industry standard by NOT charging us for expansions (either with a one off charge or increasing our monthly subs)
You are not entitled to compensation, in RL or Ingame, you will not be able to get the time you could of played back in any event and childish whining on the forums will not get you a mob of angry customers to support you - as most can see the unxpected DT for what it is (an unfortunate one-off incident, but not by fault of CCP)
If you want the paydate pushed back 9 hours you are a very petty person. You want your $0.20 back??? and your not greedy???
The STFU attitude came after repeating the same arguments to the same people time and time again on Eve-O. The people who put their fingers in their ears, spit their dummy out and stamp their feet on the forums. I was cutting to the chase and getting angry early. Now I have re-itterated what many people have already said in this thread, I will close with the time-old saying - STFU.
Sorted P.S CCP dont have to give us free expansions - they do it as its the right thing to do.
|

Lilan Kahn
Amarr The Littlest Hobos Insurgency
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:39:00 -
[49]
You are entitled to a compensation of a wooping 19 cents
how much money coud you have earned in real life for the time you spent posting your pile of poo?
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:39:00 -
[50]
Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:39:42 The problem is, people think of their gametime as...gametime.
What you're really buying is, hmm..."the possibility(or not) to play a game for this time period".
It's not "play whenever i want and so" time.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Ophenbach
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:45:00 -
[51]
Can I has
_.---.._ _.---...__ .-' /\ \ .' /\ / `. ( ) \ / ( ) / `. \/ .'\ /`. \/ .' ``---'' ) ( ``---'' .';.--.;`. .' /_...._\ `. .' `.a a.' `. ( \/ ) `.___..-'`-..___.' \ / `-.____.-'
Compensation?
----- Gone today, however,
Ophenbach
|

Zaqar
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:45:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Boomx Heading back to my bridge now.

|

Neo Rainhart
Caldari Leela's Lamas
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:48:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Sorted You can have compenstation when CCP charge you for expansions. Sound fair?
now STFU.
what he said
|

Mozana
x13
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:50:00 -
[54]
Instead of compensation, use the money to buy a programmer, which can solve the lag in eve.
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:52:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones I've played(yes i'm gonna say it!) WOW for ages, and never, not once, have i seen such antipathy, ignorance, juvenile namecalling and outright disrespect towards other people/games as in EVE.
While at the same time, hiding behind a "this is real MMO! this is adultz!" banner.
I suppose it's a matter of opinion and personal experience. Is Miz worse than a multi-hour camp of a newbie zone? Is scamming worse than ninja looting? Are the gankbears and killboard fappers worse than loot*****s and T3 wearing BG roll groups?
Maybe the jerks in EVE don't bother me as much, because at the end of the day, I get to shoot them in the face if I really want to. I can't count the number of times I actually prayed for a server bug so I could frag the morons in my own faction. Also, the EVE jerks may be more vocal and may get away with more, but the WoW jerks are more numerous by far.
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:52:00 -
[56]
Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 20/10/2007 10:54:08
Originally by: Mozana Instead of compensation, use the money to buy a programmer, which can solve the lag in eve.
Calculated it, and with the "time loss" compensation, you could hire a REALLY good programmer for two months, or a normal one(with slightly smaller salary) for 4 months 
Originally by: Amarria Black Maybe the jerks in EVE don't bother me as much, because at the end of the day, I get to shoot them in the face if I really want to. I can't count the number of times I actually prayed for a server bug so I could frag the morons in my own faction. Also, the EVE jerks may be more vocal and may get away with more, but the WoW jerks are more numerous by far.
True, it is a POV thing, but, we have to take into consideration, that percentually, there's as much jerks here as in WOW, but the WOW jerks are also divided into hundreds of servers.
Here you can't avoid it 
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

lansha
Alcatraz Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:54:00 -
[57]
eula says.... NO WARRANTIES The Software, System, Game and all Game Content, and all other services and material provided in connection therewith, are provided "AS IS," with all faults, and without warranty of any kind. You assume all risk of use and all risk associated with accessing the System and playing the Game.
CCP disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. There is no warranty against interference with your enjoyment of the Game. CCP does not warrant that the operation of the System or your access to the System, or that your use of the Software, will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that the System or Software will be compatible with your hardware and software.
While CCP attempts to have the System available at most times, CCP does not guarantee that the System will always be available, or that the System will not become unavailable during Game play. The System may become unavailable for a number of reasons, including without limitation during the performance of maintenance to the System, for the implementation of new software, for emergency situations and due to equipment or telecommunications failures. you agreed to the above so ccp do NOT have to give compensation even if it was a good will gesture. an enemy of an enemy is a friend |

shuckstar
Gallente Hauling hogs Libertas Fidelitas
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 10:55:00 -
[58]
Originally by: fire 59 considering the amount of times dt has ended early and they haven't charged us more, it's abit cheeky to ask for freebies when they were locking stuff down to ensure the health of the game and it's customers.
Just be greatful they managed to stop the ebil baddies
Agreed 
|

Faye Valerii
Caldari Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:06:00 -
[59]
If you come from WoW then you should know Blizz only started offering playtime compensation after repeated downtime lasting days on end. We had maybe seven hours.
Hello Kitty Online is calling you !
|

Caryna
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:06:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Verone
How's about the FREE expansion you're getting next month?
can you play the game without this "free expansion"   
|

Sorted
Low Sec Liberators
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:15:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Caryna
Originally by: Verone
How's about the FREE expansion you're getting next month?
can you play the game without this "free expansion"   
You cannot play without the Expansion - it doesnt have to be Free. The subs could go up?
|

The Padre
Amarr The Coalition Of Buccaneers Mercenary Services
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:16:00 -
[62]
Quote: While CCP attempts to have the System available at most times, CCP does not guarantee that the System will always be available, or that the System will not become unavailable during Game play. The System may become unavailable for a number of reasons, including without limitation during the performance of maintenance to the System, for the implementation of new software, for emergency situations and due to equipment or telecommunications failures.
read the EULA before you sign it. There is no grounds for compensation. _________
|

Abrazzar
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:28:00 -
[63]
Your Compensation: +0.20 $ Transaction Fee: -4.00 $
You owe CCP: 3.80 $
How's that for a compensation? I'm sure CCP would agree to this.
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:28:00 -
[64]
Edited by: Akita T on 20/10/2007 11:28:40
Originally by: Caryna
Originally by: Verone
How's about the FREE expansion you're getting next month?
can you play the game without this "free expansion"   
Yes you can  Marauders : Can Not Be Trained on EVE-Online Revelations 2 accounts. EVE-Online Revelations 3 : Now in stores, for ONLY 49.95 !!! _
1|2|3 |

civdariri
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:36:00 -
[65]
Its not my fault ccp had a security breach so yes there should be an offer of compensation even if it is a token one. Free shuttle anyone?
|

Kasak Black
The Collective Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:41:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Boomx stuff
You deserve everything thats coming to you.
Hey I'll even guarantee it 
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:49:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Kasak Black
Originally by: Boomx stuff
You deserve everything thats coming to you.
Hey I'll even guarantee it 
I'm with my brother-from-another-mother.
Just give me a location, and we'll come "compensate" you in spades.
|

Esmenet
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:51:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Kirjava
Too true. In my brief adventure into WoW through a trial I didn't see as many prats as I do on a daily basis on these forums.
You cant have played long then. The only difference is that blizzard seems to police their forums quite a bit more, and the majority of "blizzard sucks" posts are deleted quickly.
Ingame you never get anywhere near the amount of childish antics in local as you get in wows equivalent chats.
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:55:00 -
[69]
Originally by: Esmenet Ingame you never get anywhere near the amount of childish antics in local as you get in wows equivalent chats.
Well, lucky for WoW, they have less anal deposits(wow joke) too.
We have a plethora of those.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Asilah Na'kani
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:55:00 -
[70]
Sure it sucks, but then again in compensation we get one of the most fun games available and also with free expansions. If it makes you feel any better, CCP is probably weeping blood when the servers crash for this long (which indeed has not happened often) since it doesn't exactly make people on trial want to start paying for their account for example.
|

000Hunter000
Gallente Magners Marauders
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 11:58:00 -
[71]
I read the thread topic and i can only give 1 opinion to it...
FAIL!!!
to the op...
Go back to WoW! 
CCP did what they had to do to protect the game and the community and i can only applaud them for it. CCP, let us pay the online shop with Direct Debit!!! Magners is now recruiting, evemail me or Dagazbo ingame.
|

Atius Tirawa
Minmatar Wreckless Abandon Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:00:00 -
[72]
In wow, the game urges you to be online 24/7 - farming, fighting, raiding, talking.
In EvE, you skills rise on the universal clock, and after 4 years of EvE, I am simply not phased by a 9 hour DT. I know that CCP was very worried about the integrity of the game and when the servers go down for 9 hours, most older players just assume something terrible happenend and feel sorry for those folks. In many respects, I treat EvE as a perpetually in beta game.
But maby its just me but, the skill timers keep moving, losing a day here and a day there is not that big a deal, and ultimatly, no one got to play. . .so. . .its fair.
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:01:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Esmenet You cant have played long then. The only difference is that blizzard seems to police their forums quite a bit more, and the majority of "blizzard sucks" posts are deleted quickly.
I'd like some of what you're smoking.
I take it you missed: The Great Druid Riot, the Shaman Riot, The Fifth of December (Warriors), The Tseric Meltdown, any and every political thread, and this repeated event we like to call "every weekend evening after 12a PST"?
Trust me, EVE-O is 10x more moderated than WoW boards.
|

Theo Samaritan
Gallente Pheonix Reborn
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:06:00 -
[74]
The problem I see with the OP is that the alt is claiming conpensation for a hack attack on the EVE Db. if it was CCP's fault then fair enough, but it wasn't.
As for CCP shutting down the server to fix the exploit and make it secure, I can't name a single company that WOULDNT do that.
Besides you'd all be ****ed if CCP left it up and someone came along and funneled the games entire isk count into his wallet, or even irreversably pwned the database to the point where a rollback to the last weekly backup is a must rather than an option.
Just my 0.02isk ______________________________ A Request About Lag Discussion -- Yet another "Edit my sig devs!" request \o/ |

Major Death
Caldari Space Salvage Incorperated
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:08:00 -
[75]
Actions of a third party beyond CCP's control. CCP owe us nothing but perhaps an explaination, which we got. Also the service was down for less than 6 hours, so why the problem?
My original sig was 'Enjoy lag free play in a dynamic space MMORPG'. It was removed for lack of EVE content! ;) |

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:12:00 -
[76]
I vote for a new database item. One of those "datacards".
ITEM NAME : "Sorry" DESCRIPTION : "We're sorry, something happened"
One per hour of unexpected downtime per active character 
_
1|2|3 |

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:14:00 -
[77]
Originally by: Akita T I vote for a new database item. One of those "datacards".
ITEM NAME : "Sorry" DESCRIPTION : "We're sorry, something happened"
One per hour of unexpected downtime per active character 
Me likey. Or a Hello Kitty faction shuttle.
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:15:00 -
[78]
There will be no PINK ships in EVE. Please don't make the Phobos pink, please oh please oh please don't, for the love of...  _
1|2|3 |

Haks'he Lirky
Dominion Imperium
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:17:00 -
[79]
Originally by: Boomx I wouldnt mind paying for the expansions as long as they are not huge bugfixes but actually content...
Sounds like you are a unhappy customer, show your unhappiness by cancelling your subscription, go ahead, thats your only power as a customer...
Or you can whine...
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:17:00 -
[80]
Originally by: Akita T There will be no PINK ships in EVE. Please don't make the Phobos pink, please oh please oh please don't, for the love of... 
Careful, don't pull a Pronucopian. 
|

Zauberkraft
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:19:00 -
[81]
Bah always moaning for compensation.
If someone at ccp unplugged the server by mistake and we lost 10 hrs because of that I'd want 10hrs playtime for free (not $0.10), but that's not what happened.
As they were a victim of hostile activity I don't feel they owe us anything other than a promise of giving us better heads up [at least wrangler was in IRC saying there would be no roll back ;-].
However, as one of probably many people who wasn't learning a skill during most of the downtime, I'd love 10hrs training on a skill of my choice, and that would be all lovey dovey to CCP again.
|

Some Caldari
Caldari Sanguine Legion
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:22:00 -
[82]
Asking for compensation, please don't do it.
The plethora of WoW bashing and hello kitty online jokes PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP IT.
Seriously can we have a new stale retort to anything uttered that is against EvE. The "Go back to WoW" and "Hello Kitty online is -> way" posts were old and ******** years ago. You may not like WoW that much, that's fine I didn't like it much either when I played it. But can we change the damn record already!? Please find another tired retort will you. ------------
Originally by: Banana Torres Gurls are overrated, they nick your money and hurt your ears. Just so you can have limited access to their soft and squishy bits.
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:29:00 -
[83]
Originally by: Some Caldari Asking for compensation, please don't do it.
The plethora of WoW bashing and hello kitty online jokes PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP IT.
Seriously can we have a new stale retort to anything uttered that is against EvE. The "Go back to WoW" and "Hello Kitty online is -> way" posts were old and ******** years ago. You may not like WoW that much, that's fine I didn't like it much either when I played it. But can we change the damn record already!? Please find another tired retort will you.
How does, "Maple Story >>> that way," strike you?
|

E Vile
Fifth Exiled Legion SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:35:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Tao Han I demand a free shuttle!
How about a lifetime supply of free Ibis! or is the plural for Ibis Ibi? Meh you get the point 
|

Tenerhaddi
Trinity Corporate Services
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:39:00 -
[85]
too be fair! I think there should give tou an extra day of game play! They did that once! but thats a while back.
But again I dont care i just thankful that they saved are data and not have a total f*** up. I like to say good work CCP as well that they taken the steps to sort it :) ---------------- sig *Sorry for spelling and grammer so dont flam me for my dyslexia*
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:41:00 -
[86]
Definitive enough? 
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Cadman Weyland
Eternity INC. Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:42:00 -
[87]
No compensation needed at all. Im just glad they stopped what ever was going on b4 it knackered the game.
That said, if an Amarr carrier was to suddenly appear in my hanger id be most greatful 

|

Niccolado Starwalker
Shadow Templars
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:42:00 -
[88]
Originally by: Boomx Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
A pthetic post.
I dont pay 10 dollar a month or 133 dollar a year just to play the game. I pay 113 dollar a year for CCP to have access to the game, plus taking care of my gaming account. That means doing what neccesary to protect the integrity of the game and my character.
Why attack CCP over it, when its the hackers who are to blame! I think its you who are the sheep here, who have not the brain to see this!
Besides, I too have played many games. And they all have scheduled and unscheduled downtimes. And no, I have never experienced "compensation" for it. THe EULA states clearly that the devopler of the game have to do what is neccesary to keep the integrity of the game! That includes downtimes. And if you dont remember it, you accept those downtimes when you accept the EULA to log into this game! But being in the EULA or not: I dont expect anything else from CCP then doing whatever is within their power to keep the integrity of the game. If you dont like it, then go back to WoW or other online games. I hate whiners, and particularily the brainless ones.
Sarah McTeef: You all should really try and stay on topic. Which when I last checked, was my grocery list |

Tao Han
Synthetic Frontiers
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:45:00 -
[89]
Originally by: E Vile
Originally by: Tao Han I demand a free shuttle!
How about a lifetime supply of free Ibis! or is the plural for Ibis Ibi? Meh you get the point 
I'm sorry, did I miss to put OVER NINETHOUSAND sarcasm smilies in my post?
------ *snip* Your signature image is password-protected. -Rauth Kivaro([email protected]) I know, CEO was being a tard. -Tao |

Sun Ra
Grumpy Old Farts Gruntfuttocks
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:49:00 -
[90]
Erm u come from WoW and are moaning? WOW had a what 6 hours downtime? every week and they dont compensate for that at all
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:50:00 -
[91]
Originally by: Lorrisa I demand one prostitute per ship hangar immediately!
CCP you owe us streetwalkers for our pain and suffering, we will not be denied!
You heard me, TWO hookers per ship now!
/rabble
Streets? What's those? Some kinda candy?
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Higgous
Gallente Divine Retribution
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:02:00 -
[92]
Originally by: Boomx Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
The compensation you got from Blizzard was usually the result of several days crappy service..
The fact is the server went down and CCP obviously worked through the night to fix it. Personally i count that as a great service not a bad one...
Stop being a greedy little sh*t and please... do us all a favour and p*ss off back to WoW. "Cheers" 'Lister to Red Dwarf....' |

Vladimir Ilych
Gradient Electus Matari
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:08:00 -
[93]

Only one person in this entire thread has agreed with the OP. Props to CCP for spoting the hack and sorting the problem. I hope you all get free beer for a ruined Friday night.
And to the OP. Read the EULA please, some of us actually have.
|

Atavachron
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:23:00 -
[94]
Originally by: Serious Rikk Compensation, even asking for it is a fail.
Cmon, it was 9 hours out of more than 700 in a month. how about CCP give you your .2 of a euro...

reasoning like this always assumes people play, or even can play every hour of the month. OK, so i know there's a few people who play eve with no life and 5 accounts and all that but 'cmon' yourself.
and this sorta thing, "considering the amount of times dt has ended early and they haven't charged us more", (fleet battle lag has probably drive this BoB member insane) well that sums up the average eve mentality pretty well. abused wife syndrome or something.
|

KapnKaboom
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:28:00 -
[95]
Originally by: Boomx Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
Your compensation is in the same place your head is. I'll give you three hints. It's dark, it stinks, and you sit on it. 
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:31:00 -
[96]
Originally by: KapnKaboom Your compensation is in the same place your head is. I'll give you three hints. It's dark, it stinks, and you sit on it. 
Dark Shikari? 
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Sorted
Low Sec Liberators
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:32:00 -
[97]
Originally by: Atavachron
Originally by: Serious Rikk Compensation, even asking for it is a fail.
Cmon, it was 9 hours out of more than 700 in a month. how about CCP give you your .2 of a euro...

reasoning like this always assumes people play, or even can play every hour of the month. OK, so i know there's a few people who play eve with no life and 5 accounts and all that but 'cmon' yourself.
and this sorta thing, "considering the amount of times dt has ended early and they haven't charged us more", (fleet battle lag has probably drive this BoB member insane) well that sums up the average eve mentality pretty well. abused wife syndrome or something.
Your using alot of words to say very little.
At the end of the day you get more from EvE than any other MMO in terms of free expanded content. 9 hours free play on each account is a drop in the ocean in comparison. You agreed to the EULA - dont like the EULA now you have read it? - Well see ya' mister no name alt. o/
|

Lord Mango
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:34:00 -
[98]
Our compentsation is free expansions.
|

Mayoz Miner
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:58:00 -
[99]
to the OP lol does comes to mind when I first read it, I mean dude its not like there not anything else to do in life, I mean your life doesn't revolve around online games does it ?
|

Deacon Ix
Ascendant Strategies Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:05:00 -
[100]
Edited by: Deacon Ix on 20/10/2007 14:05:35 Watching the Rugby during the DT FTW
good game and props to Argintina, now for the big one tonight,
Can I have compensation as I 'have' to go to the pub tonight to watch the final?
Originally by: Steini OFSI The most efficient way to get a dev response is to have the word beer somewhere in your thread.
|

Justine Wheeler
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:11:00 -
[101]
Personally I am happy that none of the personal Data got out. That is far more important then 1 day playing time.
It would be a nice gesture to get one free day playing time, but things happen.
PS: Whats with all the flaming? If you don't like what he says then don't read it. There is always the back button, and most people already knew the content of the first post before opening the thread.
|

Atavachron
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:11:00 -
[102]
Originally by: Sorted
Originally by: Atavachron
Originally by: Serious Rikk Compensation, even asking for it is a fail.
Cmon, it was 9 hours out of more than 700 in a month. how about CCP give you your .2 of a euro...

reasoning like this always assumes people play, or even can play every hour of the month. OK, so i know there's a few people who play eve with no life and 5 accounts and all that but 'cmon' yourself.
and this sorta thing, "considering the amount of times dt has ended early and they haven't charged us more", (fleet battle lag has probably drive this BoB member insane) well that sums up the average eve mentality pretty well. abused wife syndrome or something.
Your using alot of words to say very little.
At the end of the day you get more from EvE than any other MMO in terms of free expanded content. 9 hours free play on each account is a drop in the ocean in comparison. You agreed to the EULA - dont like the EULA now you have read it? - Well see ya' mister no name alt. o/
wtf are you talking about? I don't even pay cash to play this game thanks to GTC's. And i don't give a damn what the EULA says.
two small paragraphs =/= a lot of words.
Expanded content? you mean all that content which has forced a POS-based game on people that the servers fail horribly at handling? your damn right that **** is free, nobody in their right mind would have paid for it, especially considering how many alt accounts people have. Fact is if a game company expects people to keep playing, they give them more content over time - there's no groovy altruism at play nor is the content in any way free - all games do this, the WoW expansion, The dark sea or the burning legion or whatever cliched name is pretty big, things like that are additional cash-cows. But all games have 'free' (you pay subs btw...) content added in over time or in lumps.
Guild wars for example...no subs, and they STILL gave people new areas/soundtracks to mess about with and events all over the game, for no additional charge, and all 4 chapters of guild wars cost me 80 pounds, so at least 2 years of subs and 3 HUGE 'expansions'/chapters for 80. I have no idea how anet manages that kinda value for money tbh.
at the end of the day... I go to sleep.
|

roudaaja2
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:17:00 -
[103]
Originally by: Boomx Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
Go play the other mmorpgs and enjoy your compensation there. You should be happy, CCP gave you a reason to open that front door of yours  For CCP: As an added bonus, everytime someone mentions skill queue, delay it for 1 month from 'planned', thanks.
|

Susan Acid
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:22:00 -
[104]
Edited by: Susan Acid on 20/10/2007 14:25:29
Originally by: Atavachron
And i don't give a damn what the EULA says.
It doesn't matter if you give a damn about it or not.You accepted the terms.End of.
If anybody else doesn't agree with the EULA they should uninstall the game and then reinstall but click 'Decline' or 'not agree' when the EULA comes up.
|

Kirjava
Lothian Quay Industries Zzz
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:23:00 -
[105]
I have just heard from my official horse speeker that CCP will be offering 90 day GTC for anyone who wishes for one as compensation for this.
However, they are on the moon.
Originally by: CCP Morpheus
Post with your alt.
|

Hannobaal
Gallente Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:25:00 -
[106]
Originally by: Elliot Reid Compensation form
OMG, it's Elliot Reid!!!!! 
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:37:00 -
[107]
Originally by: Atavachron And i don't give a damn what the EULA says.
Actually, i'd be careful saying things like that.
That, in some cases, is a basis for an account banning.
Since you HAVE TO agree to the EULA.
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Berrik Radhok
GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:39:00 -
[108]
Originally by: Boomx Yes I come from WOW and I do not plan to go back.
However, when something unexepected happens there (and in other mmorpgs i have played) you usually get compensation in form of playtime.
Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
get out of eve and take your entitlement complex with you, you pubbie piece of ****
|

Zachoriah Cain
Infinitus Odium The Church.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 14:49:00 -
[109]
Originally by: Berrik Radhok get out of eve and take your entitlement complex with you, you pubbie piece of ****
Someone here has to chill imo and to learn to shut up next time he'd want to flame :o
|

Sorted
Low Sec Liberators
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 15:29:00 -
[110]
Originally by: Atavachron
wtf are you talking about? I don't even pay cash to play this game thanks to GTC's. And i don't give a damn what the EULA says.
two small paragraphs =/= a lot of words.
Expanded content? you mean all that content which has forced a POS-based game on people that the servers fail horribly at handling? your damn right that **** is free, nobody in their right mind would have paid for it, especially considering how many alt accounts people have. Fact is if a game company expects people to keep playing, they give them more content over time - there's no groovy altruism at play nor is the content in any way free - all games do this, the WoW expansion, The dark sea or the burning legion or whatever cliched name is pretty big, things like that are additional cash-cows. But all games have 'free' (you pay subs btw...) content added in over time or in lumps.
Guild wars for example...no subs, and they STILL gave people new areas/soundtracks to mess about with and events all over the game, for no additional charge, and all 4 chapters of guild wars cost me 80 pounds, so at least 2 years of subs and 3 HUGE 'expansions'/chapters for 80. I have no idea how anet manages that kinda value for money tbh.
at the end of the day... I go to sleep.
1. You agreed to the EULA when you singed up dude. I would give a dam if I were you. and it STATES you aint getting a refund. 2. You (no name alt) pay for your accounts with GTCs (I never mentioned cash to you)- so post with your main you chicken ****. 3. You used two paragraphs to make yourself as clear as mud. (you could of just said : I am the OPS ALT and a I agree with him, the 4 pages of flames arent needed as I am right) 4. You have paid for 2 years of subs for a game which may not be running in 2 years (They (or you) can stop when they want ya know, its in the EULA - but you probably havent read it) So value for money is based on the continued service and your continued enjoyment (dont forget the extra expansions you would need to be buying)
5. All major expansions in other mainstream MMOs come with a retail price tag. They do balancing patches and add some additional content inbetween expansions same as EVE.
at the end of the day I'm glad you've gone to sleep, nn.
|

caldaricitizin000011
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 15:32:00 -
[111]
Those who read what they sign accept the risks with the benefits.
Call us sheep some more you wow nubcake.
|

Umit Davala
Corpus PCG The State
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 15:46:00 -
[112]
Surely the fact that your account didn't get compromised and ****** with is compensation enough?
|

Theo Samaritan
Gallente Pheonix Reborn
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 15:47:00 -
[113]
Originally by: Atavachron some bull****
So the new ships, new items, new balences and new pwnage doesnt count for anything?  ______________________________ A Request About Lag Discussion -- Yet another "Edit my sig devs!" request \o/ |

Nathomos
Minmatar Magellan Exploration and Survey Rare Faction
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 15:49:00 -
[114]
I pay a couple quarters each day to rent a spot on a supercomputer cluster with thousands of other people accessing it at the same time. All maintenence is included in that price. Occasionally there is a problem...do I whine and ask for my change back? No.
|

Kirex
Vale Heavy Industries Molotov Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 15:51:00 -
[115]
How much do you pay for expansions?
|

Some Caldari
Caldari Sanguine Legion
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 15:56:00 -
[116]
1 lump of veldspar. ------------
Originally by: Banana Torres Gurls are overrated, they nick your money and hurt your ears. Just so you can have limited access to their soft and squishy bits.
|

Estel Arador
Minmatar AFK
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 16:07:00 -
[117]
I love threads like this  =AFK=
|

James Duar
Merch Industrial GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 16:12:00 -
[118]
Posting in a whine thread.
|

Phoenix Lord
The Arrow Project Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 16:20:00 -
[119]
TBH i think one of the main reasons is the relationship between the community and CCP.. We're a lot closer to CCP than most other communities are with their companies. CCP devs always talk on the forums, and the ACTUAL people who were taking care of the problems explain and apologize for anything that happened.
While with bigger companies like Blizzard.. its just players and the company who rule over them. Only connection being maybe forum mods and GMs. Big companies like that can simply do whatever they want, then throw some sort of compensation in, then completely forget about what the players really think.
People who play EVE also understand how hard it is to keep the huge server for EVE running. Games like WoW have several shards instead of a fully consistent world. They really have no reason and get no sympathy when servers crash, so they pretty much HAVE to give out compensation.
I also agree with people who talked about the free expansions. They could just easily lock the new features from you if you didnt buy the certain expansion, while other people who did get to fly around in the shiny new stuff. _____
|

Cyberman Mastermind
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 16:47:00 -
[120]
Originally by: Umit Davala Surely the fact that your account didn't get compromised and ****** with is compensation enough?
I'll freely admit I didn't really read the EULA, but I'm quite sure there's something in there that they'll not give away our account data. So, I'd say it's part of their JOB to secure any information we give them, out of game. Also, it should be their job to keep the game running no matter what. We don't have to be endlessly grateful for that, we're paying them for that. -------------------------------------------------- I'm a rich person. How I know? I can afford to be a miner. |

ViolenTUK
Gallente Vindicated Exiles
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 16:58:00 -
[121]
Originally by: Cyberman Mastermind
Also, it should be their job to keep the game running no matter what. We don't have to be endlessly grateful for that, we're paying them for that.
Absoloutly right. We are paying them for it. Many players are posting and saying we should be thankfull and are mocking people who want compensation. We are thankfull and i would say we all beleive that they did the right thing by shuting down the server. They are however paid to deliver a service and they failed that day. It is totaly reasonable to expect people to consider compensation and also to expect ccp to consider compensation in some form or another.
www.eve-players.com |

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Minmatar mUfFiN fAcToRy
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 16:59:00 -
[122]
Edited by: Surfin''s PlunderBunny on 20/10/2007 16:59:09 Until you realize that CCP covered their asses in the EULA.
"And the weak shall inheret.... NOTHING!!!" 
I paraphrased that last part 
Originally by: Liz Kali Tic Toc Tic Toc , time is ticking
I owned someone on forums!!!  |

Mari Onette
Amarr GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 17:20:00 -
[123]
YAWN.
9 hours of downtime comes out to 18 cents worth of playable time lost.
The stamp to mail you the check for reimbursement would cost more then the reimbursement itself. hell, the envelope and the paper the check was printed on probably costs more then the reimbursement itself.
Oh yeah, and the processing fees required to do it online would also cost more then the reimbursement itself.
--- I am in blood! Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more, it would be as tedious as going over. -MacBeth
At 20 dollars a month, Eve costs 2 cents an hour to play. Downtime is cheap. |

Kobushi
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 17:21:00 -
[124]
To the OP you already have your compensation, your personal and credit card info are that much harder to steal after the DT. I'd take a week long DT if it would secure me C and personal info 100%
|

RegMaster
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 17:23:00 -
[125]
Edited by: RegMaster on 20/10/2007 17:23:30 The point screams over your head....
We could have made many millions of isk in 9 hours and trained what many short skills.
You need a mentos.
Originally by: Mari Onette YAWN.
9 hours of downtime comes out to 18 cents worth of playable time lost.
The stamp to mail you the check for reimbursement would cost more then the reimbursement itself. hell, the envelope and the paper the check was printed on probably costs more then the reimbursement itself.
Oh yeah, and the processing fees required to do it online would also cost more then the reimbursement itself.
|

RegMaster
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 17:24:00 -
[126]
I would also take long DT but would set a 10 day skill if I knew ahead of time. Your point is out of order.
Originally by: Kobushi To the OP you already have your compensation, your personal and credit card info are that much harder to steal after the DT. I'd take a week long DT if it would secure me C and personal info 100%
|

ViolenTUK
Gallente Vindicated Exiles
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 17:34:00 -
[127]
Originally by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
Until you realize that CCP covered their asses in the EULA.
I fully realize that ccp are covered. If you read my post you will see that i said that ccp should "consider compensation" i never said they had to. I also never said that the compensation would have to be in real monies. Compensation could be in virtual goods.
www.eve-players.com |

Megadon
Caldari Deathshead Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 17:40:00 -
[128]
More of being a prat from the new generation of Eve player. This whole thing of entitlement. Go back to WoW.
You'll get nothing and LIKE IT!
--------------
|

tyrol
E X O D U S Imperial Republic Of the North
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 18:03:00 -
[129]
what would be nice as compenstation, is that they actually give us christams presents this year.
it was much fun with the snowballs, last year was a let down
|

Atavachron
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 18:17:00 -
[130]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones
Originally by: Atavachron And i don't give a damn what the EULA says.
Actually, i'd be careful saying things like that.
That, in some cases, is a basis for an account banning.
Since you HAVE TO agree to the EULA.
oh no, you got the wrong end of my stick, I'd agree to anything in a EULA, I just want to play the game, and I happen to be a rather well behaved person .
Does anyone read the EULA? hmmmm....
|

Wargercy
Caldari Militaris Industries
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 19:22:00 -
[131]
Uhh, WoW hasn't given compensation since the game first came out, when they didn't realize they could treat their playerbase like ****, and still get praised for it. ---------------------- uʍop əpỊsdn pəuɹnʇ ¦pəddỊlɟ ʇoნ əɟỊl ʎɯ ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ llɐ ʎɹ |

Skywalker
Minmatar MAFIA
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 19:26:00 -
[132]
In offical server is back thread, i suggested that we get another ARMAGEDDON DAY as compensation. Maybe on another time of the days also this time. This would be a good way for CCP to give us players something when we lost skill training etc.
CCP did a good job closing down servers, can't argue with that, but still gotta try :)
MAFIA Website
|

Zarrika Khan
Caldari No Quarter. Academy Vae Victis.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 19:28:00 -
[133]
Originally by: Akita T I want a "Survived xyz hours of downtime" counter next to my forum avatar 
One way to measure this is to take the total time logged with Xfire (or whatever program you may have) that tracks your game time and subtract the time since you started playing EVE and any job you have. Whatever is left over is either 'downtime' or that other thing... sleeeeeep. 
|

Gorefacer
Caldari Resurrection
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 19:40:00 -
[134]
Originally by: Zaqar
Originally by: Boomx Have I missed any threads or info or are the eve population just a bunch of sheeps that accept paying 10euro month regarding if service is up or not? Please enlighten me. Cheers
Ok, I'll enlighten you: The Eve population is, for the most part, mature enough to accept that problems occur with computers sometimes, and not to whine and cry and demand things on the forums every time it happens.
Happily, the cretins who come and demand things on the forums every time there's a bit of downtime are pretty rare, and they usually get flamed back to wherever they came from.
I'm not all that interested in compensation.
In your post you talk about how mature the EVE forum posters are. Then you call people whiney crybabys. Then you wrap up your post about how a said person summarily gets flamed to hell.
Haha, thank god we're all so mature around here.
"You can't reason someone out of a belief they haven't reasoned themselves into" - Prometheus |
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.10.20 20:25:00 -
[135]
Please use the sticky to discuss topics related to Fridays issues. 
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online, CCP Games Email/Netfang
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." |
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 :: [one page] |