| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

vanBuskirk
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:07:00 -
[1]
My question here is simple. Which is the better combat ship? Is there a general difference, or are they good for different situations?
One reason that I'm asking is that I already have a Tristan BPO (have had the thing for years) and I'm wondering whether the Incursus BPO is worth the investment. The money isn't a problem - the month of wait & research is. Of course, I realise that the tech 2 versions of the Incursus are more popular than the t2 Tristan - which is the Nemesis I believe.
Gallente frigates are interesting from this point of view. The other races have clearly defined "best combat frigates" - the Gallente one isn't quite so obvious.
---------------------------------------------- "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
|

Complex Potential
Soliders Of Eve Aftermath Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:17:00 -
[2]
I'd go with the Tristan. Has more damage potential up close, especially if you use blasters and rockets. It also has more fitting potential and a better slot layout.
But, moving onto T2, the T2 Incursus (Ishkur) is arguably the best non faction frigate in the game.
|

Madelchai
Gallente Stimulus
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:21:00 -
[3]
I prefer the Incursus. The Tristan has split weapon systems, which, while has potential, also required skilling up in missile or rockets, both of which have no real place on more than one or two other Gallente ships.
------ Fighting is like sex. The dirtier the better. |

Complex Potential
Soliders Of Eve Aftermath Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 12:28:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Madelchai I prefer the Incursus. The Tristan has split weapon systems, which, while has potential, also required skilling up in missile or rockets, both of which have no real place on more than one or two other Gallente ships.
Fair point, but training rockets is such a small thing. I'll admit that the split weapon system sucks but you are gaining an extra weapon slot and tanking slot. Not to mention powergrid and cpu increases.
Having 3 low slots means you can actually fit a decent tank.
|

Acoco Osiris
Gallente Sublime.
|
Posted - 2007.10.20 13:13:00 -
[5]
They all have their advantages
The Tristan-Pros 4 weapon slots More durable One more low 4 more powergrid
Cons SPLIT weapon slots Slower You can't really fit anything more than a rocket launcher + a 0/1 PG module with the measly 4 extra PG.
Incursus-Pros All 3 weapons slots are turret slots. This can potentially lead to higher DPS than the Tristan Faster, more agile It's got a bloody spike on it!
Cons-already sorta covered. ------------------------------ One more soldier off to war... And one Velator in my hangars. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |