| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Arret
|
Posted - 2007.11.01 22:03:00 -
[1]
I played EvE alittle, about year ago, and have come back to play about again. Nothing special, just a couple of hours now and then, doing abit of everything, missions, mining etc.
What I've noticed is that almost all the asteroid fields I go to are full of can's. Is there anyway to make them not appear. And I'm not talking on the Overview listings of object. I mean so I don't see them in the main space view. It kinda ruins the immersion in the game, it makes it near impossible to see all the asteroids with these hundreds of bright yellow trangles all over the place :(
|

Phantom Slave
Amarr Mozzaki United
|
Posted - 2007.11.01 22:07:00 -
[2]
If you're in low-sec, you can blow them all up.
If you're in hi-sec, you're kinda screwed unless you go to .8 and higher sec areas, as they can't have cans anchored. ____________________
Pirating in EVE is like kicking a squirrel and stealing his food. The squirrel hates you afterwards, but it's fun none the less. |

Arret
|
Posted - 2007.11.02 00:09:00 -
[3]
hmm, lo-sec is 0.4-0.1 right? I've a nice quite little place in 0.6 atm that I kinda like.
Why do people bother with all these cans anyways, and is there a reason why some are yellow and some white? Also are there limits on where and how many of these cans you can throw around? For example could I just buy hundreds/thousands (well very slowly for me) and put them outside a station or all in one asteroid field? Would there eventually be enough to cause problems? Enough so that CCP might actually come up with a proper solution?
Maybe spell out my name in literally mile high letters ? Really anything to show how annoying this is.
|

Phantom Slave
Amarr Mozzaki United
|
Posted - 2007.11.02 00:12:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Phantom Slave on 02/11/2007 00:13:08 The cans can only be anchored outside of 5km away from asteroids and other cans, so they have to be a bit spread out.
Yes, lowsec is .1 - .4
I guess you could just put a ton of cans everywhere, but it would probably just get you in trouble.
*edit* And the reason people put them out there is so that they can mine into secure cans and not worry about people flipping their cans. The 'white' cans are actually yellow, they just aren't showing up that way.
Also, it lets you put down cans and have a lower chance of somebody flipping your can, because there are alot of cans out there and they might think they're all secure cans. ____________________
Pirating in EVE is like kicking a squirrel and stealing his food. The squirrel hates you afterwards, but it's fun none the less. |

Arret
|
Posted - 2007.11.02 00:21:00 -
[5]
ahh ok, there just seemed so many cans, around 100 per field, that I didn't imagine that so many people would be mining there.
Probably a silly question, but i presume 'flipping' means stealling from someones unsecure can?
|

Tressin Khiyne
The Tal'Shiar
|
Posted - 2007.11.02 00:23:00 -
[6]
Interesting point, I wonder how much lag is due to all those cans... I doubt it's the root of the problem, but it definitely can't help. It'd also be interesting to know how many cans are 5 years old, and belong to people who played for 14 days. --
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary, and those who don't. |

Ghost Goat
|
Posted - 2007.11.02 00:24:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Ghost Goat on 02/11/2007 00:24:03
Originally by: Arret
Why do people bother with all these cans anyways, and is there a reason why some are yellow and some white? Also are there limits on where and how many of these cans you can throw around? For example could I just buy hundreds/thousands (well very slowly for me) and put them outside a station or all in one asteroid field? Would there eventually be enough to cause problems? Enough so that CCP might actually come up with a proper solution?
People bother with this cans cause they are secured cans ,meaning password protected ,so other peeps cant steal the ore ,those cans that are yellow belong to people in other corps,the white ones belong to people in your corp (im guessing you are in NPC corp ) . you cant anchor them in large numbers near gates or station without attracting GM attention , astroeid belts are fair play . on the test server rats started shooting at the cans , hopefully it will hit TQ soon enough , and thats great solution imho .
|

Arret
|
Posted - 2007.11.02 00:27:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Arret on 02/11/2007 00:28:09 Thanks for the replies, hopefully the rats you mention will cut down the cans a little. If not I hope CCP give a UI option to hide the yellow/white diamonds.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |