| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Max Deckard
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 09:54:00 -
[1]
My first encounter with PK killing, or the story of the 20 seconds.
I'm sitting here a quite saturday evening playing a game of eve with my friends on ventrilo.
I'm running agent missions in my newly bought cruiser, which I've been working very hard for to get.
The following is the complete log from the incident:
Gamelog Listener: Max Deckard Session started: 2004.02.28 19:47:21
[ 19:47:35 ] (notify) Autopilot warping to Nonni stargate [ 19:48:36 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate
Between stations I have something like 7-10 jumps, to deliver some milk or whatever, and while doing missions like this, I tend to read and do other stuff, and after all, it's a cruiser. Cruisin' around, listning to music, enjoying yet another day on the job ..
Then I hear a sound ..
[ 19:48:56 ] (notify) An attempt is underway to activate the module. Please wait untill that has completed.
I get up from the book, and in front of me I've just arrived at the stargate, nothing wrong with that, but my target lock is currently locking on the gate .. Question: How the hell do you abort a target lock? Especially one that started on it's own? And - hey? I just fired a missile!
Out of the corners of my eyes, i see red lights flashing and then the next 17 seconds got really weird ..
[ 19:48:58 ] (combat) Caldari Sentry Gun III hits you, doing 215.6 damage. [ 19:49:01 ] (notify) The Heavy Missile Launcher I cannot be manually deactivated in the middle of an operation, it will deactivate without repeating in 11.0 seconds (its activation duration is 16.0 seconds). [ 19:49:01 ] (combat) Caldari Sentry Gun I hits you, doing 215.6 damage. [ 19:49:03 ] (combat) Caldari Sentry Gun I hits you, doing 215.6 damage. [ 19:49:04 ] (combat) Caldari Sentry Gun I hits you, doing 190.7 damage. [ 19:49:06 ] (combat) Your Widowmaker Heavy Missile I hits Stargate (Nonni), doing 0.0 damage. [ 19:49:08 ] (combat) Caldari Sentry Gun I hits you, doing 308.0 damage. [ 19:49:10 ] (notify) Warping to Litiura VIII - Moon 8 - Ducia Foundry Mining Outpost prior to making docking attempt [ 19:49:11 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:13 ] (notify) An attempt is underway to activate the module. Please wait untill that has completed. [ 19:49:14 ] (notify) Ship is out of control
Gamelog Listener: Max Deckard Session started: 2004.02.28 19:49:18
[ 19:49:27 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate
.. where is my cruiser?
[ 19:49:33 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>killswitch [SPVD] aims well at you, inflicting 110.8 damage. [ 19:49:34 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>killswitch [SPVD] hits you, doing 70.8 damage.
Not even any light or a tunnel.
[ 19:49:37 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:37 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:37 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 19:49:43 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:43 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:43 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 19:49:49 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:49 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:49 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 19:49:56 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:56 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:49:56 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 19:50:01 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:50:01 ] (notify) Ship is out of control [ 19:50:01 ] (notify) Autopilot approaching stargate [ 19:50:03 ] (notify) Ship is out of control
When dead, you tend to get a lot of time to reflect on your previous life, at least - that's what I experienced, and I was especially reflecting on the 20 seconds between 19:48:36 and 19:48:56 .. I didn't even touch the keyboard or mouse when it made the lock on the gate, and fired a missile ..
What items and skills can do that? Remote controling a ship .. ?
I've heard of dark-side magic, but only in the movies. Any chance it was an exploite?
And if so, any chance I would get my ship back?
Regards, Max Deckard's clone.
|

Sin Ist
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 12:23:00 -
[2]
Yeah well downlaoding player made movies and sound files will give you some pretty nifty malicious remote control virus stuff.
And CCP LOVES being god and putting all kinds of things where they can watch and do whatever they please etc. Not hard for someone to figure out. Since most people consider source code to be unhackable. Illegal to have yeah but not hard to get.
But noone will help they will have jollies exploiting.
Like my first week playing. In 0.0 all by myself. m0o girl pops up. m0o girl warps to me and activated module. I crash. I log back on and m0o girl could not kill me for some reason. m0o girl in local again. I warp to gate and start flying around for fun. m0o girl warps in and activated module. I CTD again. I relog and try to make escape. I warp into 3 m0o now and I CTD when they try to activate module on me. I relog and I am cloned.
100% UNEQUIVOCLY WITHOUT A DOUBT EXPLOITING.
Noone else has shown such blatant cheating. I dont crash when I see anyone else or get lcoked by anyone else. And it was 1 specific person. Some ALT called sassinak.
Sure I CTD for no rhyme or reason sometimes. But not numerous tiiiimes all by the same person. Please I could feel my client scream to me it was being overflowed. Yes one can have a symbiotic relationship with software programs. Was a blatant attempt for the effect it produced.
It seems like a decently extensive program and I dont blame them for an unstable client. But what almost a year after release? And new features are prioritzed over exploits and CTD's? No excuse. Not for the amount of money CCP makes.
Not the first time I heard this Max. Ive been porousing the forums oh for less then a month now so its not a good thing.
|

Cuisinart
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 12:39:00 -
[3]
I am certainly interested in the 'official response' to this.
Vision without action is a daydream
Action without vision is a nightmare |

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 12:44:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Avon on 29/02/2004 12:45:33 The official response will be a lock and edit - you can't discuss exploits on the forums.
(Although it is probably nothing more sinister than something falling on one of your function keys) ______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

Valeria
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 12:49:00 -
[5]
I don't know what causes it, but always when empire-space gate camping, your ship for no reason decides to lock the gate. But then of course you are 60km out so it doesn't matter much.
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes some nublar, wrecking for 1155.0 damage. |

Max Deckard
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 13:02:00 -
[6]
So if I can't discuss it here, I'd have to send a petition?
And since I didn't even touch the keyboard or mouse when this happend, how can it be my function keys f*cking up?
And what do you mean, if you are camping empire space, you auto-lock on gate?
MaxD.
|

Lefevre
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 17:20:00 -
[7]
Max Deckard I am sure this was not an exploit. I had been passing by the very gate you died at several times and the other people who passed by did not start shooting at Killswitch and neither did I.
I can't explain what happened but I am 100% sure it wasn't Killswitch.
Teddybears |

Max Deckard
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 17:41:00 -
[8]
Well I didn't shoot at killswitch, I didn't even touch the interface. It just locked at the gate, and launched a missil. After the sentry guns finished me, killswitch podkilled me.
I did not lock, I did not fire. What did? How can it happend? This is the only thing I'm asking, and I want to know if it was a bug, an exploit or something that would happend again.
MaxD.
|

Ganja
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 19:30:00 -
[9]
Hm ok well.
I could laugh and be like killswitch is a l33t game-infiltrator..
But he's not, he's pretty game-engineering stupid afaik..
What most likely happened, is you pressed one of your f1-f8 keys, which in turn brought up a crosshair display.
I've been having problems with this lately, anyways, the crosshair is brought up, and if you click within 3 inches around the gate, it will try and lock it.
The gates seem to have a very large lock radius (STUPID) and I've nearly lost my battleships to that more then once, because when you shoot the stargate directly sentry guns seem to be able to shoot you from 80km out (STUPID).
|

Max Deckard
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 19:49:00 -
[10]
Hey ganja, read what I'm writing; I did NOT touch the keyboard! I was sitting with my book in my hands, and I looked up when I heard the target lock sound ..
All I'm asking is; is this kind of behaviour normal? If so - how the hell do you stop a target lock from locking?
And also, how do I prevent my missiles from firing automatically the same second the target has been locked?
Regards, MaxD
|

Ganja
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 19:54:00 -
[11]
Quote: Hey ganja, read what I'm writing; I did NOT touch the keyboard! I was sitting with my book in my hands, and I looked up when I heard the target lock sound ..
All I'm asking is; is this kind of behaviour normal? If so - how the hell do you stop a target lock from locking?
And also, how do I prevent my missiles from firing automatically the same second the target has been locked?
Regards, MaxD
The only thing that would explain your missile firing immediately after you commence the lock, is that you had crosshairs brought up (meaning you've activated the gun/module) and clicked something.
To cancel the firing of the missile, right click so the crosshairs become disabled - from there you'll only lock a target. Currently there is no way to "cancel" a lock.
Now as to why it locked in the first place if you weren't touching the keyboard? I can't answer that one, sounds like you may have a faulty keyboard (and mouse?)..
|

Rhyuh
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 20:01:00 -
[12]
hear the lock sound, start warping your ass out as fast as possible...though in this case i dont think that woulda helped...perhaps theres sumthing to do with the game thinking the gate is a threat adn autolocking for u if u have the auto lock back # targets in the main menu setup...otherwize weird as heck
now i have to watch out for the gates ganking me in empire space 
|

Stoop
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 20:32:00 -
[13]
My corp mate had a similar thing happen to him the other day. We were about to go kill some npcs, and he was waiting outside the station. Somehow he locked the station and started to fire. He made it away but it was still very weird. He thought maybe the batteries in his wireless mouse went wacko?
|

Eddie Elch
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 21:17:00 -
[14]
Do you have a wireless keyboard and/or mouse?
Edy ---------------------------------------------- Life - Don't tell me about Life - Marvin |

Max Deckard
|
Posted - 2004.02.29 22:18:00 -
[15]
Keyboard is my trustworthy Key Tronic MPR II keyboard, it has served me for the last 5 years, and it's still the best keyboard around (imho). Mouse is Logitech MX500 optical.
No way any of these are faulty.
MaxD.
|

kurg
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 01:11:00 -
[16]
personally Ive never seen the '(notify) Ship is out of control' log entry
even the paranoid has real enemies...
|

Lomithrandra
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 04:17:00 -
[17]
Please dont discuss exploits or possible exploits on the forums.
If you believe you have a genuine case I suggest you open a petition and let a Game Master look into this matter for you, the forums are not the place to obtain support about this matter.
*click* 
_____________________________
Lomithrandra Lead Forum Moderator
[ Forum Rules ] |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |