| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Captain Vinar
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 15:23:00 -
[1]
Yesterday I was mining, and a pirate showed up in the system. I filled my cargo with as much minerals and NPC loot I could get and jumped to the station. I then Outfitted my Scorpian for battle and undocked. There was another miner from a different corp. in a Tempest. He was right outside the station with 6 Ogres surrounding him. He requested that we both take on the pirate. I agreed. Just then the pirate insta jumps outside the range of the sentry guns... The miner immediately locks on and fires! Of course, the stations Sentry Guns started attacking the miner. (The miners Ogers start attacking the station!) In just a few moments the tempest is destroyed. At that point the pirates friends start showing up.. I also realize that my cargo bay is still full. I dock, unload my cargo and then undock, and rush to the loot of the fallen miner. The pirates got most of his stuff. But I did manage to salvage 2 Seige Launchers. The moral of the story, if you are within range of Sentry Guns, DO NOT FIRE FIRST! I wont mention the name of the miner, but i have your seige launchers when you want them.
. Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821) |

Gnatika
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 15:45:00 -
[2]
a hard lesson to learn... but it's good to see that miners are taking a stand against pirates, even if it's a bit unsucesfull in the beginning...
|

Fetty Chico
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 15:49:00 -
[3]
um no, BAd miners, guns be not de answer swift payment of isk ta my Cayman Station account is ya see wut happen if ya fight back, you lose BADly, so moral be Miner aint supposed ta fight back
------------------------------------------------ Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly.
If this world was supposed to be friendly CCP wouldnt have wasted time paying the devs to code so many weapons |

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 15:53:00 -
[4]
I get random people convo me in game asking questions of a similar nature 'can I shoot someone at a station?', 'how far can sentries shoot?', etc.
Because I'm a nice guy, I tell them.
But it good to see people with the stones to fight back. .
|

Chode Rizoum
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 19:26:00 -
[5]
 
Centuria > whoot? Centuria > you stalking me? :) -- Nafri > then I a bird pooed on my head AND ON MY MEAL -- http://www.subroc.net/teddybears/
|

PussyCat
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 21:57:00 -
[6]
1m for the name of that noob in the Tempest.
|

Bosie
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 23:07:00 -
[7]
Let me get this right;
Guy in a Tempest does not know that the sentrys will pwn him... ffs what has that guy been doing all this time... ahh BS 1.0 miner I guess.
D'oh!
Bosie.
http://bosie.proboards40.com/ http://zeroimpact.co.uk/evemap
|

Captain Vinar
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 23:24:00 -
[8]
The pressures of battle.. Your heart starts racing.. Hands start trembling.. and if your inexperienced in pvp.. you make mistakes...
Its not a bad thing to make a mistake... As long as you learn from it...

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821) |

Gyrn Fzirth
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 23:37:00 -
[9]
Quote: The pressures of battle.. Your heart starts racing.. Hands start trembling.. and if your inexperienced in pvp.. you make mistakes...
Its not a bad thing to make a mistake... As long as you learn from it...

lol two nights ago in *censored*, a .2 system, a Huff blackbird targetted me while I was travelling to a gate. She tried to target jam me and proceeded to be pwn'd by the sentries. I was laughing so hard I forgot that I shouldn't kill her pod.
woops
I warped out of sentry range and recharged my shields, still laughing like a little boy. =============== Killboard: http://www.celeskills.com
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 00:12:00 -
[10]
Wonder if was the same guy and his friends in those black birds. Had three of em lock me at gate in 0.4 system, they attempted to lock me down in my Raven, guess they forgot bout the 4 sentry's 10km from them.
Three little eggs appeard quite shortly after the battle started.
I was laughing way to hard, shot beer out my nose.
|

LaneHacker
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 04:15:00 -
[11]
Serves him right! The tempest pilot committed the criminal act of aggression in empire controlled space, what else do you want? 

=Vagabonds= |

Sally
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 04:37:00 -
[12]
Hey hey, what do you mean with a pirate? It was me!
The noob in a Tempest (thanks for the TL 2 Signal Amplifiers) tried to log off to save his Tempest after his mistake. What a shame, how good that I captured that with fraps. -- Stories: #1 --
|

Sally
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 04:40:00 -
[13]
*****Cat you owe me 1 Million ISK. His name is Nightlife [OCC].
 -- Stories: #1 --
|

Psyrex
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 07:45:00 -
[14]
I dont think anyone will beat what my friend once did...maybe i'm wrong? We'll call him ...Mr-X
We were hunting a pirate and were in a .4 system. I sat myself outside sentry range at a gate with another corp-mate. The pirate sat at the gate ready to jump. In warps MR-X, He locks and starts to fire straight away. The Sentry gun blast the hell out of his cruiser. The Pirate starts to laugh over local, and i must admit i laughed too. MR-X warps off in his pod, grabs a new ship and warps back, Once again the guns start to open fire on him and kill him all over again.
I couldn't stop laughing.
--------------------------------------------- The world is a battle field, pass me my gun! The Black Ops Recruiting. combat Your 425mm Railgun I perfectly strikes XXXXXXXX, wrecking for 518.0 damage. |

Seleene
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 07:54:00 -
[15]
That guy had no buisness being in a battleship.  -
T2 Weapons Testing in progress! Volunteer today! |

Siddy
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 08:41:00 -
[16]
for feek shake.... why dont CCP make Mining ship that is beter to mine and got drone bay so Carebares can mine in miningships and leave BS to real PVP Players ..
i am tired to se Overconfident miners that Yells on local : Come here u bloody *beep* pirat so i can woop yar ass.
after what i come and woop theyrs arse...hard...and stedy... -------------------------------------------
|

Lentia
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 23:16:00 -
[17]
To SIddy, and Fetty Chico:
I'm a miner and I'll kick your ass. Miners can fight if provoked. Look at what happened in Fountain. A bunch of "miners" repelled the entire Forsaken Alliance! Just name the system and Ill be there. 
Lentia Military Officer http://www.staf.online-guild.com/ |

Stick
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 02:31:00 -
[18]
I guess some people don't realize that you can die real fast in .4 or below. Oh, and a word to my fellow miners make sure you have a pretty good bookmark for a station. These pirates love to pick off your whale as you dock 
|

SanFaber
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 06:13:00 -
[19]
Way ahead of you Stick :) Formerly Voidhawk
"I was ionised, but I'm okay now." Buckaroo Banzai |

Corpsicle
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 08:11:00 -
[20]
Yarr this reminds me o' a tale...
Last week me an' a few o' the lads attacked a blackbird in a belt. We valiantly scrambled an' webbed him but our frigates were nay match fer his FoF missiles so 2 o' us were smartly left floatin' in our pods. We warped t' the station but were soon followed by th' Blackbird pilot who foolishly tried t' open fire on our pods. The sentry guns soon saw t' it that we got his modules. Harr!
--------------------------------------------- Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt |

Amulek
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 11:01:00 -
[21]
Quote: Yesterday I was mining, and a pirate showed up in the system. I filled my cargo with as much minerals and NPC loot I could get and jumped to the station. I then Outfitted my Scorpian for battle and undocked. There was another miner from a different corp. in a Tempest. He was right outside the station with 6 Ogres surrounding him. He requested that we both take on the pirate. I agreed. Just then the pirate insta jumps outside the range of the sentry guns... The miner immediately locks on and fires! Of course, the stations Sentry Guns started attacking the miner. (The miners Ogers start attacking the station!) In just a few moments the tempest is destroyed. At that point the pirates friends start showing up.. I also realize that my cargo bay is still full. I dock, unload my cargo and then undock, and rush to the loot of the fallen miner. The pirates got most of his stuff. But I did manage to salvage 2 Seige Launchers. The moral of the story, if you are within range of Sentry Guns, DO NOT FIRE FIRST! I wont mention the name of the miner, but i have your seige launchers when you want them.
.
i lost my BB like that with sentry guns =(, i locked both a person and a npc rat...
|

McWatt
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 11:05:00 -
[22]
real problem:
sentry gun firepower. isn t it?
|

Borunel
|
Posted - 2004.03.04 03:24:00 -
[23]
Yes, It'd be a REAL problem if they didn't have that firepower and no mistake. The situation could be improved maybe if they had their range improved to 120km though..
:D
<<You call them Yulai and Aurohunen and P3 and and a hundred other systems - We used to call it Brit. Bridge - and it never made any sense then either matey! - Jack Blood>> |

Cmdr Sp0ck
|
Posted - 2004.03.04 12:15:00 -
[24]
Well, it's a really good idea to understand the game rules before playing it. The way the whole "security" system works in EVE may not be fair, but if you know the rules you will avoid those mistakes. I personally dont agree on a few things. When someone commits an agression to fellow players in empire space, then the other players should be able to hunt him down, providing they do so within a limited period of time. Say 5 mins? Just an idea ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "You humans are extremely irritant with your illogical behaviour and irrational thought" -------- |

Phoenixgurl
|
Posted - 2004.03.04 17:52:00 -
[25]
Yarr, that reminds me of a old story :-)
When I was young, I owned a Maller fit out with loads of stuff to fight. On a maiden voyage to Nonni, someone targeted me in an attempt to make me fire a volley. Well, I took the invitation and blasted the "moron pirate" to hell before the sentries did the same to me. It was soooo funny hearing him swear on local :-)
Btw, I had insurances lol! --------------------------
When the universe collapses and dies, there will be 3 survivors: Tyr Anasazi, the coc*roaches ... and Dylan Hunt trying to save the coc*roaches. --Tyr (Andromeda) |

Smigley
|
Posted - 2004.03.04 20:21:00 -
[26]
Quote: When someone commits an agression to fellow players in empire space, then the other players should be able to hunt him down, providing they do so within a limited period of time. Say 5 mins? Just an idea
Me Likes - me likes =--- Mob Rules Mentality !!
|

Exousia
|
Posted - 2004.03.16 10:38:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Exousia on 16/03/2004 10:41:42
Quote: I dont think anyone will beat what my friend once did...maybe i'm wrong? We'll call him ...Mr-X
We were hunting a pirate and were in a .4 system. I sat myself outside sentry range at a gate with another corp-mate. The pirate sat at the gate ready to jump. In warps MR-X, He locks and starts to fire straight away. The Sentry gun blast the hell out of his cruiser. The Pirate starts to laugh over local, and i must admit i laughed too. MR-X warps off in his pod, grabs a new ship and warps back, Once again the guns start to open fire on him and kill him all over again.
I couldn't stop laughing.
OH! I can beat that! (I think..) This is also about a friend of mine..
He is on his way to dock in station, when a small frigate locks on to him, and we all know that when your ship is locked and with in range, it auto targets back. And just a second or two before is dock request is accepted, he press the wrong button (don't ask) and fires on the poor little thing with 2x 250mm railguns, he didnĘt kill the target, but this is in 1,0 space and the sentry guns blast the heck out of his cruiser, he docks his pod and gets his indie to pick up his own loot. The second he undocks, the sentries rip him again! And this all happened with in about 30 seconds, so he lost one cruiser, one indie and all his stuff in less than half a minute..
And about half an hour later, he buys a new cruiser and full fitting with weapons and all, goes out to hunt some rats and then manage to loos the dang cruiser AGAIN!
He lost 3 ships in about 1 hour.. and all his weapons and mods.. uninsured.. i think there should be a reward for something like that.. 
To sum it all up, he has lost 3 Cruisers, 1 Indie, and 2 shuttles in less than 24 hours in NON PvP combat, in high security space.. except for one shuttle he lost in 0,0 space 
|

Talon SilverHawk
|
Posted - 2004.03.16 11:08:00 -
[28]
Its a hard lesson to learn. Also sometimes an easy thing to forget in the heat of the moment if you have just started PVP. I think most of us have done it, Sometimes you get away sometimes you don't ...
Experience is a wonderful thing
Sentry Guns = Tough love
Tal
What goes around comes around...
|

Piscis
|
Posted - 2004.03.16 11:27:00 -
[29]
Quote: um no, BAd miners, guns be not de answer swift payment of isk ta my Cayman Station account is ya see wut happen if ya fight back, you lose BADly, so moral be Miner aint supposed ta fight back
go and learn english and we might listen to you.
|

khainestar
|
Posted - 2004.03.16 13:48:00 -
[30]
I was mining last night and 2 n00b pirates got a rude awakening. The belt I was mining occasionally spawns NPC rats so I was in my BB with 2 miners, a 250 hybrid and a missile launcher. However this BB is usually used for combat so the mid slots were full of jammers and scramblers. So in warps 2 guys in Bantams. They must have taken me for a soft target as before I knew it my ship was auto locking them back. Anyway one of them sent me a message saying "your money or your life". I told them to take a hike. To this one of them open fired. That was my cue to jam, scramble and web him. His mate panics and runs. I now have a nice frozen corpse.
If you want if back and your 125mm that I collected come and get them 
Next time bring a ship scanner, or don't pick on cruisers.  
-----------------------------------------------------
Pain. Looks great on other people. Its what there for. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |