| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Steve Bennett
FinFleet Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 04:30:00 -
[1]
Didn't want to just file this as a bug because FPS related issues are often client specific, and getting discussion & more info would help before filing it.
Noting some people's complaints of low framerates with impressive hardware, I decided to keep an eye on it. Personally, I noticed that the FPS I was getting was very inconsistant, and unfortunately I wasn't able to find a pattern. Here's what I've experienced:
1) Logged on to about 25-45 FPS station and space, with 'laggy' camera response. 2) Flying around space, hit ESC to see settings, put HDR ON, with bloom low, closed panel, FPS seemed to be around 55-65 with no camera lag... docking kept it 45-55 FPS. BTW, HDR looks GREAT - I found it to really improve the reflections on everything. 3) Re-logged. FPS now 15-25 station and space. Hit ESC and played around in there again, but this time, couldn't change the FPS (HDR on or off.. cranking bloom to High dropped FPS to about 11).
FYI, I have core 2 duo 6550, 2gb ddr-400, nvidia 6600gt.
Now, here's the graphics issue:
Bloom Problem?
First, those stations are on the far side of the moon, but appear on my side - not sure if this has always happened, never really bothered looking. More importantly, there is a concentric ring my ship appear to "cast" on the moon - you can't see my crow, but its centered in the projected circle. Behind the camera is the sun (light source). Circle moves with my ship and also grows as I move away from moon & shrinks as I move closer.
So far tho, good stuff - some serious improvements which I definately appreciate. Reasonably stable, considering the depth of the changes and the shinyness . --------
|

Cypherous
Minmatar Liberty Rogues Namtz'aar k'in
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 04:34:00 -
[2]
I've noticed the same fuzzyness/ring on some of the moons also any moon close enough to a station that you can zoom out past will show the station as being on your side when it isn't, this is more of a texture issue and can be seen on TQ aswell, i believe its because of the way the textures are all one sided so you can see through them from the other side and moons are generally only supposed to be viewed from a few sides with warpin points etc. ---------
Liberty Rogues Website
|

Daelin Blackleaf
Aliastra
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 04:54:00 -
[3]
The performance does seem to be pretty poor even on reasonably high-end systems. I'm hoping this will resolve itself as the code is implemented. I'm currently getting around 30-40 FPS outside the station in FD- with HDR and shadows off (90-120 FPS on the low/old graphics) though as the OP mentions that drops for a couple of seconds to 2-4 possibly something to do with new ships entering the area.
In addition, while frigates and cruisers look stunning battleships look awful. The textures on them appear to be lower resolution than the others. The raven is a prime example of this, it looks like the entire ship was beautifully painted and then smudged to frackery.
Other than this and couple of minor personal niggles (I don't like the new Lai Dai color scheme) I'm very impressed.
-------- EVE Trinity: THE SKY IS FALLING! |

Lister Black
Pyrrhus Sicarii The Church.
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 05:13:00 -
[4]
Yeah, was fairly dissapointed in my FPS drop as well.
I've got a C2D E6750, 8800GTS 640, 2GB 800mhz ram and I'm getting an average of about 40-50 or less. I wouldn't mind if they were consistent, but like the OP said, sometimes they just seem to drop for no good reason. ---------------------------- "Unshrink you?! Well that would require some sort of a REbigulator, which is a concept so ridiculous it makes me want to laugh out loud and chortle..." -Prof.Frink |

XLR Eight
Viziam
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 05:13:00 -
[5]
Edited by: XLR Eight on 28/11/2007 05:13:54
60 fps outside station, noone on local. As soon as I launch the drones the fps drops to 30, even when the camera zoomed out all the way.
(core 2 duo 6600, 2gb ddr, nvidia 8800gts.)
|

Cadiz
Caldari No Quarter. Vae Victis.
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 05:26:00 -
[6]
Originally by: XLR Eight Edited by: XLR Eight on 28/11/2007 05:13:54
60 fps outside station, noone on local. As soon as I launch the drones the fps drops to 30, even when the camera zoomed out all the way.
(core 2 duo 6600, 2gb ddr, nvidia 8800gts.)
I noticed the same thing with my Thanatos. As soon as I launched fighters, my FPS halved. ------ Director, No Quarter "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the judicious application of violence." |

LUH 3471
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 05:48:00 -
[7]
Edited by: LUH 3471 on 28/11/2007 05:56:01 performance overall is horrible there needs yet much work to be done graphics are looking awesome yes but in this state so many bugs

ccp do yourself a favor and switch one or two gears down you guys are orking already so hard
|

Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition Drunken N Disorderly
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 06:02:00 -
[8]
i'm going to hold judgement on FPS issues until there are not 500-600 people on SISI. Need to remember that sisi isn't a cluster (afaik) and may handle lag alot differently than TQ does.
|

Roemy Schneider
BINFORD Solidus Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 06:24:00 -
[9]
what do i have to do, if my ship is a collection of white blobs (and other stuff _sometimes_ aswell)? - putting the gist back into logistics |

Elisa Day
Real Nice And Laidback Corporation Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 06:28:00 -
[10]
With a quad core 3ghz, 4gb ram and a 8800GTS, performance at 1920x1200 is so bad that running multiple clients is impossible (2-4fps)... On TQ I can run 2 around 30fps each. So where's these mythical performance improvements?
Please CCP, next time, just go buy a good graphics engine, it would be a lot less trouble, cheaper and work better.
|

Fanjita
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 06:37:00 -
[11]
I run eve at 2560x1600 with the new content i tried first with hdr max bloom max shadows got about 2 fps, turned shadows off 30fps, turned off bloom left hdr on 65 fps and this is a constant 65 fps in station and space with ships warping out and warping in so i was quite imppressed shame shadows and bloom give such a performance hit though.
|

Silentil
Xoth Inc Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 06:55:00 -
[12]
From what I can see, they haven't implemented the coding to move the majority of shininess to the GPU from the CPU, so your computer isn't going to be running as well as it will when the full Trinity update is released. This basically means your computer is doing more than it should because all the groovy graphic changes are using more CPU rather than the grpaihcal processes being sent to your video card.
Originally by: "Mahrin Skel" If we're pets, we're not fluffy, yappy little lapdogs. We're the chewed-up junkyard rottweiler BoB uses to keep the kids out of their yard.
|

Varrakk
Chosen Path
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 08:47:00 -
[13]
Im running a 7800GTX card, and had several issues.
1) Ships, Stations are transparent. Couldnt find any settings fix this.
2) SiSi client crashed when I got a gang invite, wouldnt let me start it again.
|

Horzunaman
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 10:36:00 -
[14]
harsh fps drops here too. enabling hdr on high cost me about 40 fps and extreme shadows another 60.
|

Eleana Tomelac
Gallente Through the Looking Glass
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 10:44:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Varrakk Im running a 7800GTX card, and had several issues.
1) Ships, Stations are transparent. Couldnt find any settings fix this.
2) SiSi client crashed when I got a gang invite, wouldnt let me start it again.
I have a 7800GT and I get ships and stations in space only when close enough are white! No settings fixed it, even HDR and shadows off, the next step in the options is going back to old graphics. I found this : I updated the graphics drivers and all looks fine, but then I got freezes followed by BSOD. My old drivers were 81.98 (old ones when the latest nvidia are around 165 or something, just check on the website), the ones I got with the card that were perfectly stable. -- Pocket drone carriers (tm) enthousiast !
Say hello to my tiny friends ! |

Coeleth
The Divine Comedy
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 11:00:00 -
[16]
If you're experiencing the white textures effect, then you probably need to update your graphics drivers.
I did, and it worked.
|

Lt Angus
Caldari the united
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 11:02:00 -
[17]
i have invisible stations and gates
Shhhh, Im hunting Badgers |

Arana Tellen
Gallente The Blackguard Wolves Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 11:11:00 -
[18]
50-70 fps outside station
8800GTS 320mb 1440x900 core 2 duo e4300 @ 3ghz 2gigs DDR2 400 @ 444 4-4-4-12
 ---------------------------------
Oh noes! |

nomis ekoobmah
Minmatar Republic University
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 12:29:00 -
[19]
I'm getting 35-65 fps outside station compared to 30-45 fps on TQ.
512 meg ATI 1650 pro @ 1680x1050 (6X AA, 16X AF) 3.4GHz P4 2 gig DDR2 400
|

Alrione
Amarr Black Lagoon Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 13:46:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Alrione on 28/11/2007 13:52:32 I have Core 2 duo t7300, Geforce8600gt, 2gb ddr.
Played with 1440*900, HDR on, bloom high, shadows normal and sitting outside station. I get on average 30fps 
UPDATE: With 2 acounts runing I get about 13fps on each account. Please tell me thats not going to be same performance on TQ.
PS: Turning shadows off gave quite a bit of boost to about 20+ fps -------------------------------- :-O Sig got nerfed. Remaking >.< |

Callistus
Stimulus
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 14:11:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Steve Bennett Now, here's the graphics issue:
Bloom Problem?
That ring on the planet has been an issue for as long as I've been playing eve. Its a 2d sprite that is supposed to form a sort of glow around the planet to represent its atmosphere. However instead of the sprite adjusting its position in relation to the camera, it adjusts based on where your ship is. So when you zoom out like that you see the sprite from completely the wrong angle.
--------
|

Heliocon
Infinitus Odium The Church.
|
Posted - 2007.11.28 14:47:00 -
[22]
turning shadows onto medium or high makes a big dif i got about 50% fps increase after taking shadows off extreme. [/url] |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |