| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

David Sloane
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 03:05:00 -
[1]
Edited by: David Sloane on 07/12/2007 03:05:43 Alright, I DLed the new patch and installed the premium graphics. In the middle there was an error in the installation. It would not RE-initialize the installation so I had to totally uninstall eve, DL the latest full game + premium graphics, and install that.
I log in and instead of awesome updated graphics, it seams that they are glitching out on me. I'm not sure whats wrong.
My graphics card is an ATI X1400. It SHOULD defently be support with the shader or w/e.
Below are two screen shots... imagine it flickering between the two about 3 times a second. (with the game just sitting there).
Interesting enough, in windows view, if I click, drag, and hold ANOTHER random window with my mouse partially over the game window, the graphics look fine (with just a slow frame rate)
I have fiddled with the graphics settings on the game AND on my graphics card with no luck.
Any suggestions would help, thank you.
~David
Image1 Image2
|

Mia Fabor
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 03:11:00 -
[2]
Yup i'm using ATI Mobility Radeon X1400...same problems as OP. no matter how i try to fiddle with the graphic settings it just flickers. I'm currently running it on classic mode with premium setting box unchecked. Also got no luck looking for drivers update. Any1 can help would be great.. tks in adv
|

Arngorf
Minmatar x13
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 03:15:00 -
[3]
Yuor graphics card can for some reason not handle some of the grafics. If im right you can do the following:
1) Run the grafics tests (start -> run -> type: "dxdiag" and click ok) somewhere there is some tests. For a more detailed test you would need one of those mach..something programs. 2) change the video settings in eve 3) reinstall grafics driver and maybe DirectX (not sure about that one though) 4) Try to install the game again -.- ________________________________________________
Originally by: CCP Sharkbait i have untrashed this bug report and i will take care of it.
|

Arngorf
Minmatar x13
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 03:16:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Mia Fabor Yup i'm using ATI Mobility Radeon X1400...same problems as OP. no matter how i try to fiddle with the graphic settings it just flickers. I'm currently running it on classic mode with premium setting box unchecked. Also got no luck looking for drivers update. Any1 can help would be great.. tks in adv
Ignore my last post! I was absolutly wrong. heh  ________________________________________________
Originally by: CCP Sharkbait i have untrashed this bug report and i will take care of it.
|

Roland Melisef
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 04:55:00 -
[5]
Same Issue here, though I'm Running ATI Mobility X1600. The graphics flicker on ships, stations, gates, etc. Those screen shots look all too familiar...
|

Vespa Mandarinia
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 05:49:00 -
[6]
I had the same problem till I found someone referring to Omega Drivers, that fixed it for me.
|

Daanika
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 05:53:00 -
[7]
Same with me on the ati x1600, intel imac w/ bootcamp. Must say though that while running in 'classic' mode, i'm digging what seems like a 50 - 100% jump in avg. FPS over prepatch.
|

Mia Fabor
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 06:39:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Mia Fabor on 07/12/2007 06:39:32 WOOT! uninstall ATI Catalyst thingie n installed Omega drivers...now playing eve in premium mode . WOOT! tks to Vespa .. cheers m8
|

Queen Athena
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 06:54:00 -
[9]
I have a 8800 GTS 640mb and I have the same problem. Especially in system. Shaders are off, HDR is off. Guess its not just a graphics card problem.
|

Roland Melisef
|
Posted - 2007.12.09 02:59:00 -
[10]
Has anyone tried using the Omega Drivers on a Mac running Bootcamp?
|

Daknaar
|
Posted - 2007.12.09 10:58:00 -
[11]
Same problems as the rest of you. ATI cards (ancient X600 and newer X1400 both fail to skin the models properly. No amount of fiddling tuning or de-tuning seems to fix it. It is even apparent in the login screen. 
"Toy" nVidia GeForce6200 box works, but is too slow to be playable, but at least it renders the screens !
3rd-party drivers aren't an option for some of us.... last attempt at non-manufacturer drivers for this box forced a reinstall of original drivers.
Hey, CCP, I gather from comments around the forums that the ATI problem may be in the client and not our setups, can you at least confirm or deny this ? We're wasting lots of time trying to fix the settings if that won't make any difference.
|

Franga
Caldari NQX Innovations Southern Cross Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.12.09 12:46:00 -
[12]
So what's with these Omega drivers? Why are they so good?
I'm very keen to try them on my laptop cause it's having real issues, but I've never heard of these things before. Are they after-market ones someone has tweaked with?
Very keen to know, please. _____________________________ Eldo spanked my sig but I can't be bothered changing it just now. |

Faye Valerii
Caldari Exeunt Omnes
|
Posted - 2007.12.09 13:36:00 -
[13]
Yeah, they're aftermarket driver tweaks. Omega releases are done by one guy, who's been doing it for many years now. Never had a bad experience with them.
In essence they're drivers optimized for image quality and/or performance ( depends on install options ).
|

Franga
Caldari NQX Innovations Southern Cross Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.12.09 20:55:00 -
[14]
/me downloads and installs. _____________________________ Eldo spanked my sig but I can't be bothered changing it just now. |

David Sloane
|
Posted - 2007.12.09 22:12:00 -
[15]
Hmm, although I don't really like the idea of using 3rd party video drivers, I installed them and it DOES work.
Unfortunately none of the special effects (shadows or reflections) seam to be anti-aliased, even though everything else is. I also had to turn off the one HDR or w/e effect (the one with the "bloom" effect) as this was causing NOTHING to be anti-aliased, which looked pretty bad.
Anyways thanks for the Link to those drivers ;-) Much appreciated.
~David
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |