| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Golden leadar
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 03:22:00 -
[1]
I was wondering if anybody played go here. I think the Amarrians would be very big on it. Let us know if you take part or not :-) |

Snarker
Caldari Dragon's Rage Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 03:40:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Golden leadar I was wondering if anybody played go here. I think the Amarrians would be very big on it. Let us know if you take part or not :-)
As in the Japanese strategy game? Yeah, I play it a lot. ----------------------------------------
|

Golden leadar
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 05:59:00 -
[3]
What rank are you? I am in the single digit kyuus. This ties into EVE rather nicely and I'm surprised there aren't more people playing. |

Golden leadar
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 18:52:00 -
[4]
I'm really surprised there is only one response! This is supposedly very popular. Now I'll let this thread die if there are no other go players. |

Tamia Clant
New Dawn Corp New Eden Research
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 18:54:00 -
[5]
What is this game you are talking about?
Looking for queue-free research slots? Click here!
|

Imperator Jora'h
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 19:00:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Imperator Jora''h on 08/12/2007 19:02:17
Originally by: Tamia Clant What is this game you are talking about?
Go is a board game some 1,000 (maybe more) years older than chess (which is about 1,500 years old).
While simple on the face of it the game is considered to be more strategically challenging than chess to be a master at it. I once read the number of possible combinations of pieces on a chess board versus a Go board and Go was waaaay beyond chess in those terms (I forget the numbers but chess was in the billions and Go in the trillions or something like that).
Go Wikki page
|

Janjan Jansen
Amarr Primal Element Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:17:00 -
[7]
Yes i play go. And got are about 8 Kyu in Europe. Great game play it atleast twice each week. I hope to open a bar where ppl can play go when ambulation comes available.
|

Alexis Machine
Minmatar Ceraphite Technologies
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:22:00 -
[8]
*raises hand*
|

ReaperOfSly
Gallente Lyrus Associates Enuma Elish.
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:27:00 -
[9]
There are ranks? The Go game I play is just putting stones on line intersections and trying to grab as much board space as possible. What game are you guys talking about? --------------------------------------------------------------------
|

Erotic Irony
0bsession
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:29:00 -
[10]
used to play all sorts of board games in the glory days of microsoft's free (internet gaming) Zone
fake edit: its still up too ___ Eve Players are not very smart. Support Killmail Overhaul
|

Alexis Machine
Minmatar Ceraphite Technologies
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:30:00 -
[11]
Originally by: ReaperOfSly There are ranks? The Go game I play is just putting stones on line intersections and trying to grab as much board space as possible. What game are you guys talking about?
Well.. yeah but that's like saying Chess is just about pinning the king. 
|

Asestorian
Domination.
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:31:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Alexis Machine
Originally by: ReaperOfSly There are ranks? The Go game I play is just putting stones on line intersections and trying to grab as much board space as possible. What game are you guys talking about?
Well.. yeah but that's like saying Chess is just about pinning the king. 
Yeah it is unless you take it way too seriously 
---
MOZO
|

Alexis Machine
Minmatar Ceraphite Technologies
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:32:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Asestorian Yeah it is unless you take it way too seriously 
lol True. Long as you have fun I guess. 
|

Golden leadar
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 21:23:00 -
[14]
You guys should hop by http://www.gokgs.com if you actually still play it, since you can play it online there. I was originally surprised when the thread got no interest, but now it looks like people are speaking up. :-) |

Florio
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 21:26:00 -
[15]
i play go like i play eve, very carelessly. i place my stones in seconds. brilliant game.
|

Sqalevon
The Ragnarg Brotherhood
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 21:28:00 -
[16]
I ones tried playing this with a friend of mine who has been doing it for years. Needless to say he kicked my ass, and i lost intrest.
I liked it.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |