| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Korrodil
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 04:12:00 -
[1]
So I was scanning a system recently and a bunch of ships popped up, all empty. How would I go about actually finding these ships?
|

blue passion
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 07:59:00 -
[2]
how do you know they are empty?
|

Osric Wuscfrea
Gallente Icarus' Wings Daedalus Hegemony
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 12:06:00 -
[3]
Q1: Probes Q2: Ships on scanner, no-one in local. -- Rgds Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...
|

Okapir
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 14:10:00 -
[4]
Finding them is one thing, quite often flying-off with them is another I'm not sure but Ferret probes would I suspect be the answer, takes quite a bit of training to get them though!
I dont know if when a pilot has logged you can board his ship, I have seen the 'Board ship' option but never paid it any attention.
|

Helen Hunts
Gallente Red Dragon Mining inc Red Dragon Industries
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 15:06:00 -
[5]
If a ship is just sitting in front of you without a pilot, you can board it and make it your own IF you've got the skills to pilot it. Currently there is no way to force a pilot out of a ship without actually blowing up the ship. _______________________________
Mine da rocks, make more ships. Pop da rats, make more rigs. Sell da gear, make more money.
Any Questions? |

Korrodil
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 19:41:00 -
[6]
so probes would give them a warpable dest?
|

Saikou Akuma
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:41:00 -
[7]
You have to read up on scanners to get it. But if they are relatively big ships (large sig radius) and clumped together, it won't be too hard. Just time consuming.
|

Mok Rathar
Minmatar Neuro Cartographic Services Drunken N Disorderly
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 20:56:00 -
[8]
First off, I would say be very careful about warping directly to ships that you find. Often times, while doing exploration, I will select the "Ships" option when running my quest probes and come up with listings in the results for what is in the system. What I have found is that many times, these ships ARE empty, but sitting behind the forcefield of a POS that resides near one of the systems moons. So suffice to say, it would be suicide for me to fly directly to the POS and attempt to take the empty ship.
However, I have found various shuttles/frigs/rookie ships abandoned in space and have occassionally aquired them without their owners consent.
|

Shanur
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2007.12.10 10:46:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Osric Wuscfrea Q1: Probes Q2: Ships on scanner, no-one in local.
Regarding Q2, sometimes you will see "player" ships on overview or the scanner without a player present in local, but the sip is still acting. In this case you have encountered one of the bots that CCP uses to check out the smooth operation of the servers.
|

Kermis
Caldari The Ankou The Reckoning.
|
Posted - 2007.12.10 11:04:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Shanur
Originally by: Osric Wuscfrea Q1: Probes Q2: Ships on scanner, no-one in local.
Regarding Q2, sometimes you will see "player" ships on overview or the scanner without a player present in local, but the sip is still acting. In this case you have encountered one of the bots that CCP uses to check out the smooth operation of the servers.
I've never heard of CCP using bots...
Most likely, empty ships are sitting at POSes. -- Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |