| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

David Fairtrade
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 21:08:00 -
[1]
I have shut down and restarted my computer a few times without any problems since upgrading to premium graphics. Today I deselected premium graphics. EVE was very messed up after that so I decided to reboot. Then I thought, "Maybe I'd better check the boot.ini file first". It was gone. I made a new one and my system boots up now and EVE is working.
I don't know if my boot.ini file was deleted before, but assume it was NOT since I had no problems booting up Windows XP. Therefore, deselecting premium graphics is probably another way to delete the boot.ini file.
|

David Fairtrade
|
Posted - 2007.12.09 17:42:00 -
[2]
Anyone else experience this?
|
|

CCP Lingorm

|
Posted - 2007.12.10 10:14:00 -
[3]
I have just tried this and have not been able to reproduce it.
I have tried it on a couple of different XP configurations.
A can only surmise that your boot.ini was deleted when you installed the Upgrade, but that your Windows is installed on the first partition on the first hard drive and thus Windows can still boot from the default location.
If this is not the case, can you please post your configuration here so that I can copy it and test this further.
CCP Lingorm CCP Quality Assurance QA Engineering Team Leader
|
|

Radix Salvilines
VENA GROUP
|
Posted - 2007.12.10 13:14:00 -
[4]
like the dev posted above - i also had the boot.ini deleted after installing premium patch. I have booted my computer a few times and only when i got into forums i saw the problem. Indeed my boot.ini has been deleted but my mobo seems to simply have checked c:/windows as it could not find the ini file.
I even remember a smal text while initial loading: boot.ini not detected booting from c:/windows instead
... or something like that. U must be one of the lucky guys who have a clever mobo :) ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥-☻VENA☺-♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ |

Vahligmarr
|
Posted - 2007.12.10 14:12:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Vahligmarr on 10/12/2007 14:13:36
Quote: Indeed my boot.ini has been deleted but my mobo seems to simply have checked c:/windows as it could not find the ini file.
I even remember a smal text while initial loading: boot.ini not detected booting from c:/windows instead
not 100% on topic but -> same here, multiboot system with ubuntu and win2000, somehow there is still a boot.ini on C: (i think there should be ubuntu now). after grub (linux boot loader) i get this message too, and it boots from C:.
maybe from previous windows installs, i don't know. looks like we had luck :) 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |