| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.13 23:14:00 -
[1]
My fellows,
Only six jumps from the heart of the Federation, in a constellation called Viriette, there lies a planet. This is a beautiful planet, with wide blue oceans and wonderful tropical jungles. It is a world as close to paradise as anyone could hope to envision. Spared from the industrial nightmare of development, but benefiting from the wonders of modern technology it is the jewel in the crown of the Federation. This planet is our home.
Two hundred and twenty years ago our people joined the Federation with the belief that we would be protected as any citizen. We believed in the ideals set forth of freedom of liberty and of justice. We believed in the sanctity of life, in equality and in human rights. We stood by the those beliefs throughout. We stuck by the Federation after the destruction of Nouvelle Rouvenor by the Caldari partisans. We helped them in their struggle. We stood side by side with our Gallente brothers and sisters at the formation of CONCORD.
So why then are pirates allowed to roam freely around our space. Many of our people are considered exiles, living in the Syndicate region of space. But how many of them moved there out of a love for the criminal elements, and how many moved simply because it is safer? It is true that within Syndicate space our people are looked after. They are protected by the Intaki Space Police which is more than we, on our home world, can hope for.
Due to the neglect and lack of protection our home receives from the Federation our home system has been classed as a 0.1 region of space. This is simply insulting to our people. We are one of the founding members of the Federation, we are supposed to be as equal as the Gallente, as the Mannar and as the various other races who now live within our borders, so why are we treated as such second class citizens?
There are those on our home who believe that the Federation does not care for us anymore. Several groups wish our planet to leave the Federation and join the Syndicate where many of our brethren reside. I do not think this is the right course of action. Our people dreamed of a world where everyone was at peace, where ideals meant something. Why should we sacrifice our ideals to seek the safety which we should be entitled to under our rights in the Federation?
Hostility is not the way. If we use the tactics of terrorists then although we will receive a Gallente fleet of protection to our home, it will not be for our protection. We must raise awareness of this issue within the Gallente Senate, within the Presidency and within the Inner Circle of CONCORD. So I encourage all the space faring Intaki, wether you yourself abide by the laws or not, to take a visit to our system. Fly past Intaki V and remember that this is where we come from. That this is our home and our people deserve better.
Burga Galti
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

Moron
|
Posted - 2004.03.13 23:47:00 -
[2]
*yawn*
|

Zerkbahl Venomflame
|
Posted - 2004.03.14 03:45:00 -
[3]
Thank you for bringing this up Burga. I agree with you, it isn''t right that we should receive so little protection from CONCORD, being supposed full members of the Federation. Question is..who do we have to persuade to help make our homeworld a safer place? ____________________ -Zerkbahl Venomflame |

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.14 11:47:00 -
[4]
My fellows, It has been brought to my attention that we are not the only people of the Federation to suffer from this injustice. The Mannar themselves have encountered the same difficulties as we. Their number is fewer however and their voices weaker. We must fight for their rights within the Federation as well as our own.
Zerkbahl, you ask who do we have to persuade. The answer is more simple than you think. We have to persuade our own people. The Intaki form a great number of the Gallente Federation pilots. If our voice is loud enough it will be heard. Spread the word among the stars my friend. The peoples of Intaki and Mannar will suffer this injustice no longer!
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

Mikhayl Ruzhyo
|
Posted - 2004.03.14 16:29:00 -
[5]
Regretably, there is no opportunity for me to visit our homeworld, due the dangers involved.
However, I note this a perfect example of the problem at hand. We must make CONCORD listen to our cry. Maybe it simply slipped through their grasp at the time of initial fleet placement? I note that their reach does indeed extend beyond this constellation and yet they leave a void where they should be none.
|

kopite
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 13:44:00 -
[6]
The Federation has long been the home of hypocrosy.
Those who find themselves within the 'supposedly enlightened' hands of the Gallente have my deepest sympathy.
They advocate freedom but what freedom did they give to the Caldari people? The freedom of the 'federation way' or death was our choice.
This is a people who conducted an orbital bombardment of helpless civilians due to misplaced jealousy of my ancestors. A people that claim to want freedom for all, they help the Minmattar in their struggle against oppression whilst simultaneously oppressing my peoples homeworld.
As the Caldari have long since shown, true freedom comes from independance. Whatever course of action you take though, you have the sympathy of many Caldari.
|

GoGo Yubari
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 14:16:00 -
[7]
Please. Only independence will grant the Intaki the ability to look after themselves. The Federation bureaucracy weighs heavily on our kin still within its borders and it has no intention of easing as long as it profits. They will not listen to reason.
The Federation is not our home. Renounce it's ways.
Intaki Independence?
|

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 14:23:00 -
[8]
Quote: Regretably, there is no opportunity for me to visit our homeworld, due the dangers involved.
You are correct Mikhayl, this is a prime example of the problem which our people face. Not only have many of our people been forced to leave for the safety of themselves and their families, but they feel even if they want to they cannot return.
Quote: This is a people who conducted an orbital bombardment of helpless civilians due to misplaced jealousy of my ancestors.
May I remind you that it was your ancestors who destroyed the dome of Nouvelle Rouvenor; a city surpased in beauty by none before or after. The killing of civilians is a despicable act, and it is one that, unfortunatly, both sides were guilty of during the long war. We should try to move on from this struggle, though i understand this would be difficult for a people who ahve lost their homeworld. The justice i seek for my people does not, however, end with we Intaki, it extends to the Mannar and even the Caldari. Our causes are the same. All peoples should have the right to live on their home without fear. Maybe one day we can achieve this.
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

GoGo Yubari
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 15:11:00 -
[9]
Edited by: GoGo Yubari on 15/03/2004 15:14:33 Hmm.
We can look at the old war and squabble about it, but we shouldn't. You should remember that Intaki fought on both sides of the conflict so our people know full well there are many sides to each story. Let us instead look at the realities of the here and now.
Fact: it is an injustice that the Caldari are separated from their homeworld. Fact: the Intaki need independence. Why wait for CONCORD to come save our collective asses? We can -- nay, we need to -- do it ourselves.
I would look to the Caldari as our greatest allies at this juncture. We fought with you in your war, now is the time when we call upon you to help us in our struggle.
I am sure a fledgling Intaki state in need of military assistance would also support Caldari claims for the return of their homeworld.
|

justyski
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 16:12:00 -
[10]
I suggest a parle of sorts between ourselves, an independent discussion to resolve the issues laid down by Burga Galti. If this feeling is so obviously shared by so many I believe that it is necesary....no, essential to the continued protection of the civilised people. I suggest that we meet this week with suggestions on how to overcome this situation and possibly strive to steem the pirating that is occuring more and more in our sister systems. Eve-mail me with convenient times.
For Universal Contectivity Kill Your Own Understanding... |

GoGo Yubari
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 16:38:00 -
[11]
Edited by: GoGo Yubari on 15/03/2004 16:43:09 What of Federation strip-mining of our resources on the planets of our system? What of Federation 'pirating' of our asteroid fields? Those resources should be ours.
It is not just a matter of lack of CONCORD presence. The situation is fine in Syndicate space and there is no CONCORD there, but Intaki Space Police. It is the fault of Federation policies dictating how we are living our lives. CONCORD will only make matters worse here, coming to defend purely Gallante interests. We must look to our own until CONCORD recognizes as an independent state.
|

Mikhayl Ruzhyo
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 17:28:00 -
[12]
I believe we should meet and discuss events. I suggest we all evemail justyski to find a convenient time to talk about this.
|

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 19:41:00 -
[13]
My fellows, Myself and Madam GoGo Yubari have been in conversation and we believe we should hold a public meeting on Saturday at 16:00 EVE Standard Time to discuss this issue. We have also decided that the most appropriate on locations would be Intaki V itself. Whilst this may cause some concern about the security rating of our home, I urge as many of you to attend as possible. To ease these concerns Madam Yubari will be scouting the location ahead of the meeting and I will be visiting Luminaire before hand to escort any wavering participants to and from the debate.
I hope for a good attendance to raise awareness of this issue.
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

Mikhayl Ruzhyo
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 19:59:00 -
[14]
Despite the dangers... I took the effort to visit and took some nice shots from my camera drone =)
I've bought lots of insurance to make certain I can make the trip safely (or in fact, not )
|

kopite
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 21:03:00 -
[15]
I cannot claim to speak for all Caldari, my corp is small and young.
I can speak for myself though. I am willing to lend assistance to any who desire independence and freedom to govern themselves.
There are many Caldari that wish for the return of Caldari Prime to its people, it is said, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, indeed i believe, as mentioned, there is a debt owed to the Intaki for there assistance.
I would like to think if the Intaki called, we would answer.
All i would say is beware the benevolence of the Federation.
|

Tharkadd
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 21:16:00 -
[16]
Greetings, my brothers!
I too have notice this dilema, and thought I was the only one.
Please let me know how I can help, you can contact me ingame, or e-mail [email protected]
Put me down on the 'seperatists' list, I think Intaki should be self governing, concorde has no right to rule over us, andy more than the syndicate does, we should form our own group and defend Intaki from all non-Intaki who would plunder her for their own riches.
I would be happy to help lead this effort.
Everyone leaves the world a better place. Some for having been here, some for leaving it.
If children are the future, we need to weed out the bad ones before they get elected.
|

Mikhayl Ruzhyo
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 21:40:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Mikhayl Ruzhyo on 15/03/2004 21:55:13 I too will fight for this freedom but only should diplomacy fail.
|

Pulgor
|
Posted - 2004.03.15 21:59:00 -
[18]
I think that Diplomacy should be given a serious chance in your situation. Unlike certain other people I know, the Intaki seem capable of solving disputes without the need for blasters. Lets hope this holds true in future discussions. -----------------------------------
Pulgor --- In service to Saram. Visit the Ammatar channel ingame!
|

Mikhayl Ruzhyo
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 12:57:00 -
[19]
*le bump*
|

Robert Fi'ania'Tharius
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 14:25:00 -
[20]
I must agree, was not but a few days ago I wished to visit the splendor of our true home. Only to awaken later without even the comforting memory of having seen it's beauty before I was blasted out of my incarnate for some cheap bricks in my cargo holds. Something must be done, I personally will join the cause. We cannot be kept from our place of descendance by petty thieves.
Robert Fi'
Axiom Technologies Incorporated - [Axi] on your stock ticker _______
Justice for the Intaki People
|

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 18:52:00 -
[21]
My fellows, My heart is joyed to see that there are more of us concerned about the welfare of our home. Though I am somewhat suprised by the magnitude of the seperatist movement. Either I have underestimated your size, or you are simply more vocal. I look forward to seeing you all at the meeting on Saturday, and remind everyone that despite this being an internal matter, external support will always be welcome.
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

Mikhayl Ruzhyo
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 19:23:00 -
[22]
I regret that I may not be able to attend the meeting, as I will be attending my own birthday party aboard a luxury cruiser that day.
If someone could evemail me the decisions made I would be grateful.
|

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 21:49:00 -
[23]
Monsieur Ruzhyo, I regret you will not be able to join us but I shall evemail you the conclusions of the meeting once it is over as requested. I will also post the conclusions here in this thread for the general public to read.
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.20 14:54:00 -
[24]
My fellows, I would like to remind all those interested that the meeting outside Intaki V will be taking place in 1 hour. That is at 16:00 today.
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

Burga Galti
|
Posted - 2004.03.21 08:55:00 -
[25]
My fellows,
The meeting to discuss the future of Intaki held place yesterday over Intaki V. The meeting itself turned out to be a prime example of the plight of our people with very few attendees. There were many pledges of allegience given here on these boards, but very few thought the subject important enough to risk the journey through the dangerous systems to get to our home. Our people have always been a thoughtful and empathic group. So maybe this empathy has turned to apathy. I hope for a better attendance at the next debate. If there are suggestions on where and when I would love to here them.
Tales from the EVE Cluster |

Robert Fi'ania'Tharius
|
Posted - 2004.03.21 15:05:00 -
[26]
I had meant to attend, and yet I could not, as I was held over in luminaire with an illness I picked up while out an about in the station. I ended up waking about 6 hours after the meeting had begun and assumed it was over when I arrived and saw noone around the planet involved in any such meeting, I am sorry for my absence...
Robert Fi'
Axiom Technologies Incorporated - [Axi] on your stock ticker _______
Justice for the Intaki People
|

GoGo Yubari
|
Posted - 2004.03.22 00:50:00 -
[27]
To continue our discussions and the sharing of ideas, I recommend all the Intaki interested hook up on the galactic communications network (channel: Intaki). That way we can discuss real-time.
Let others of our kin who share the ideals know as well.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |