| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Bora Horza
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:40:00 -
[1]
Operation of shield hardeners and other advanced shield modules.
Bonus: 5% reduced chance of damage penetrating the shield.
Somebody told me this skill is pointless as the equipment for using it isn't coming ingame. Am I wasting my time training it?
Please help
Moved to Skills forum -Zhuge Liang
|

jamesw
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:42:00 -
[2]
Edited by: jamesw on 17/03/2004 00:43:39
Quote: Operation of shield hardeners and other advanced shield modules.
Shield hardeners are ingame. Should even find them on the market. -- jamesw Rubra Libertas Militia
Originally by: RollinDutchMasters I fly a dominix, its like a portable blob in a can
|

Sally
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:42:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Sally on 17/03/2004 00:43:46 Prerequesite for shield hardeners. Bonus is pointless I think. -- Stories: #1 --
|

Bora Horza
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:43:00 -
[4]
Yeah I know... But what I meant was does it make any difference training it to lvl 2,3,4 or 5?
What difference does this skill actually do?
|

Bora Horza
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:43:00 -
[5]
Quote: Edited by: Sally on 17/03/2004 00:43:46 Prerequesite for shield hardeners. Bonus is pointless I think.
Oh... 
|

Bora Horza
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:44:00 -
[6]
That's a bit ghey isn't it?
|

Frankinator
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:44:00 -
[7]
And indeed it lets you use the hardeners, the bonus is some fantasy thing tho, as there is no shield penetrating stuff that leaks to your armor ingame. So training it up further then lvl1 is a waste of time.
|

Bora Horza
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:46:00 -
[8]
I feel a little better now, realising that I havn't COMPLETLY wasted time training the skill to lvl 4
|

FoxDown
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 00:46:00 -
[9]
Don't forget that tac shields 4 is a pre req for the tech 2 hardeners. You know you want that extra 2% bonus!
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 01:48:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Danton Marcellus on 17/03/2004 01:52:30 Likely to be the next module to be remade for shiptype size.
Skills to match of course.
Convert Stations
|

Drutort
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 02:20:00 -
[11]
ya tell me about it, they will make the eat more cap and once again insane cpu/pg usage, pretty soon you will only be able to have one or so... and the % that it will give will be same probably, i feel sorry for the scorp and other ships that have lots of mids but will not have enough pg...
its the way ccp is going if they cant destroy all the BS or reduce the amounts of them they will just make it not the best choice to use them in the game
i know its balancing but still its just lame how things happen this far in the game and this big of changes.
they might as well just go and make every item pretty much class size and get on with it.
support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |

Soul Reaver
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 08:25:00 -
[12]
I trained mine to LvL 4 but only because I want the nice shiney Tech 2 hardners! Not sure if the skill works as its states though.
I could never figure out if it means there is 20% (at LvL 4) less chance that my shield will take damage or 20% less chance that the damage will go through my shield to my armour? Perhaps this should be in Modules though!
Be you a Pirate or a Simple Alt creeper! Sooner or later you'll dance with Soul Reaver and His Amazing Underpants
Currently chasing Lianhaun |

Tyrrax Thorrk
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 08:31:00 -
[13]
I think Dalman said it works.
Supposedly it prevents damage from leaking through shield to armor, this only happens with low shield or hits that do 50% damage of the whole shield, I think..
Haven't tested it myself.
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 08:36:00 -
[14]
Quote: Edited by: Danton Marcellus on 17/03/2004 01:52:30 Likely to be the next module to be remade for shiptype size.
Skills to match of course.
Hopefully not, balance isn't needed here. Frigates can use them nicely - cruisers can use them nicely - and battleships don't need them nerfed 'cause then battles will be even shorter.
|

dethanor
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 11:37:00 -
[15]
Quote: I feel a little better now, realising that I havn't COMPLETLY wasted time training the skill to lvl 4
agreed 
There is no art more beautiful nor diverse than the art of death!!!
Oberon Tech II Sales. |

dethanor
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 11:43:00 -
[16]
also, i read somewhere that the new shield compensation skills require tac shield manipulation lvl 4 also. http://www.eve-db.com/modules.php?name=Database
at least its outa the way 
There is no art more beautiful nor diverse than the art of death!!!
Oberon Tech II Sales. |

Last Starfighter
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 13:39:00 -
[17]
Tested this the other day.
When your shields get down to ~ 25%, small amounts of damage will start leaking through to armour, in about 30s of pounding I lost a few % armour (TSM lvl4).
The lesson is, I suppose, engage shield booster before shields get down to 25%.
|

Sewell
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 15:26:00 -
[18]
Quote: And indeed it lets you use the hardeners, the bonus is some fantasy thing tho, as there is no shield penetrating stuff that leaks to your armor ingame.
There are such skills in the code however - they are just not activated. IIRC there is a skill that let some of your shots (or some % of the dmg) penetrate the shields. There is also a skill for armor penetrating. You could always search eve-db.com.
So it is correct that the bonus is useless - for now. If CCP ever releases the shield penetrating skill, the bonus will come in handy.
|

Death Wave
|
Posted - 2004.03.21 02:53:00 -
[19]
Before few patch ago, the skill use to affect the shield hardeners, by increasing the shields hardeners resistance by %5 per skill. But now it serves no purpose, Not to sure what ever happened to it
|

Zzazzt
|
Posted - 2004.03.21 04:24:00 -
[20]
I have noticed that my shield has to be almost gone before i take armour damage, whereas it would happen somewhere in the last 3rd b4 I trained TSM.
I think it works as stated. ____________________________________________
MLM: Gentlemen at Play |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |