| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Matthias Clemi
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 15:25:00 -
[1]
Having just restored my laptop to working order i thought i would ask you guys about the temperature, my laptop has always been insanely hot when compared with others ive used, even after they replaced it (for a different reason). If you are not careful when using it im sure you could burn your lap!.
Just checked this: look right to anyone? (ive no basis for comparing normal temps, so tell me!)
CPU 85 degrees GPU 70 degrees system(?) 33 degrees
Checked using nvidia monitoring software... thats celcius btw
|

Soren
PAK
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 15:29:00 -
[2]
Eve makes my laptop run quite hot and it has fried it before... "luckily" it's a leased laptop and was covered ;) ☠-->-->--
|

Mtthias Clemi
Gallente The Space Bastards
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 15:31:00 -
[3]
DAMNIT, that was me... you probably guessed though.. or not..
|

Adarr
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 15:54:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Adarr on 10/01/2008 15:54:46 Edited by: Adarr on 10/01/2008 15:54:17 Most laptops run pretty hot when their video cards are being used by games and other 3D apps, but if you're worried then you could always get a laptop cooling pad.
Example: cooling pad
|

Mtthias Clemi
Gallente The Space Bastards
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 16:03:00 -
[5]
this is when i am running msn and firefox....
|

Rawr Cristina
Caldari Cult of Rawr
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 18:24:00 -
[6]
Well the CPU on my PC never goes above 40C and my Graphics Card dosen't go above 65C when fully engaged so those figures don't look so good
I've yet to test temps on my laptop though. I should probably do that 
|

ReaperOfSly
Gallente Lyrus Associates Enuma Elish.
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 21:12:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Rawr Cristina Well the CPU on my PC never goes above 40C and my Graphics Card dosen't go above 65C when fully engaged so those figures don't look so good
I've yet to test temps on my laptop though. I should probably do that 

How do you get your CPU that cold? IMPART YOUR SECRETS TO ME!!!
Yesterday, I installed a new heatsink and case fan bringing my max-load CPU temperature down from ~75C to just under 60C. Are you watercooling or something? --------------------------------------------------------------------
|

Dark Shikari
Caldari Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 21:17:00 -
[8]
My laptop hit 97 Celcius CPU temperature before I opened it up and blew out the dust. After that, it still reaches 80-83 easily.
|

Mtthias Clemi
Gallente The Space Bastards
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 21:32:00 -
[9]
Interesting, so the internal temp is about right, still i dont think its right that the laptop is so hot on the outside, when you touch the areas eiither side of the mousepad it feels like its burning you lol.
not too much of a problem as long as it works i suppose, will just have to clear out the dust from it.
|

lofty29
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 21:47:00 -
[10]
Edited by: lofty29 on 10/01/2008 21:46:50
Originally by: ReaperOfSly
Originally by: Rawr Cristina Well the CPU on my PC never goes above 40C and my Graphics Card dosen't go above 65C when fully engaged so those figures don't look so good
I've yet to test temps on my laptop though. I should probably do that 

How do you get your CPU that cold? IMPART YOUR SECRETS TO ME!!!
Yesterday, I installed a new heatsink and case fan bringing my max-load CPU temperature down from ~75C to just under 60C. Are you watercooling or something?
I run quadcore, it's 45C on max load... lols. No watercooling, just HS + fan combi! 族---族
Latest Video : FAT- Camp |

Meiyang Lee
Gallente Azteca Transportation Unlimited Gunboat Diplomacy
|
Posted - 2008.01.10 23:04:00 -
[11]
I run a moderate dualcore setup (AMD X2 3800+ not OC'ed) stays frosty at just over 30 under fairly heavy load. Only component in my PC that gets anything close to hot is my HDD which regularly hits 48-50 celcius. (and gets an extra casefan at the earliest opportunity) my Vidcard runs at around 40-45 most of the time, even with Crysis.
Just a matter of getting the airflow right i guess, if the PC can dump its heat well enough it should stay cool. although high-end systems will still be very hot and act as convenient space-heaters.
|

Rawr Cristina
Caldari Cult of Rawr
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 01:11:00 -
[12]
Originally by: ReaperOfSly
Originally by: Rawr Cristina Well the CPU on my PC never goes above 40C and my Graphics Card dosen't go above 65C when fully engaged so those figures don't look so good
I've yet to test temps on my laptop though. I should probably do that 

How do you get your CPU that cold? IMPART YOUR SECRETS TO ME!!!
Yesterday, I installed a new heatsink and case fan bringing my max-load CPU temperature down from ~75C to just under 60C. Are you watercooling or something?
No watercooling and using the retail HS+fan. My Case probably does most of the work. It's also an Intel C2D which are known for being quite cool cpus irrc.
Much hotter temps on my laptop though, but not nearly as high as yours 
|

Ademaro Imre
Caldari Eye of God Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 04:50:00 -
[13]
You did not specifically state what you did to restore your computer. So - I will assume you did not replace any parts. What you should do is buy those cans of compressed air for cleaning electronics and take the bottoms panels off of yoru laptop and cleans out all the fan ducts, and the fans. Not just a little, a WHOLE lot. You could have alot of dust in there, even little blobs of dust hanging up inside blocking airflow. It seems laptop fans are lightweight and I believe not as able as desktop fans to pull the dust through. And as the dust builds up, if will block or alter airflow.
I expended a can of compressed air through my fans and ducts, and across exposed circuits boards. Also removed the fan components (there were in one assembly with the ducts) and cleared the spaces between the duct assembly and the case. The result was a 30C drop in operating temperature at 100% CPU and I think a 6-7C drop in low CPU activity like writing this post.
Also - sit your laptop up so airflow is clear on the bottom. I pimped my laptop with upside down plastic bottle caps over the feet of the laptop, doubling the airspace below it. Also make sure heat sources are not close to the air-intakes. |

Lost oceansoul
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 08:02:00 -
[14]
Then you are not alone, when I have my laptop on my knees I get burnt. It¦s insane :S
|

Mtthias Clemi
Gallente The Space Bastards
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 14:54:00 -
[15]
My only idea was to clean it out using the compressed air, might do it tonight seeing as i have no plans! lol
thanks for the discussion, its not an extremely rare temperature level, but i should clean it out to remove dust and lower the temp, simple answer!
|

Mtthias Clemi
Gallente The Space Bastards
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 17:47:00 -
[16]
AFTER ALL THAT!!!
i have just noticed that the hinge on my laptop has *****ed yet again, this happened on the previous model, and eventually it completely snapped, (same case) no wonder evesham collapsed under the weight of their own incompetence.
Im just going to ask rather than them replacing it, for my money back and get a laptop from cyberpower to be honest, ive e*******nough
|

Rawr Cristina
Caldari Cult of Rawr
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 17:54:00 -
[17]
***** is filtered? 
how oppressive does it need to be?
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |