| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jeb'Ba
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 19:43:00 -
[1]
its kinda dead atm ^_^
lagging like hell 
|

Jyin'sho
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 19:46:00 -
[2]
Looks like yulai is going down to 
|

Doppleganger
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 19:48:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Doppleganger on 28/03/2004 19:56:27 Yeah I seem to be stuck going from yulai to pator. I was hoping to get away from the highway systems before they got suck but I wasnt fast enough. 
Its situations like this that reinforce my belief that highways should be removed... so many ppl like me have gotten dependant on them on days like today with high server load just to many ppl in one place. I knew better than to try them but decided to anyway so shame on me.
|

Hillbilly bobby
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 19:53:00 -
[4]
ok, who ganked yulai???
Seems to have died.... may it RIP 
|

Peter White
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 19:57:00 -
[5]
GRR I was/am on a mission! 
|

Fighterpilotjp
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:02:00 -
[6]
So am I. First time being stuck in a system like this. |

Barbicane
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:04:00 -
[7]
Here is a pic of what was going on in Yulai a few minutes ago...
Laser show in Yulai
Don't know if that had anything to do with the lag but it was fun to watch. |

Maule
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:04:00 -
[8]
Cancel the damn Indy 5000 race ! its killing the damn servers.. just becurse some guys wanna fly around in there small stupid indyŠs dont mean that the rest of eve shall suffer under it !!!!
|

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:04:00 -
[9]
time to upgrade the servers. maybe add a node thingy or whatever you do.
no sense keeping it like this. you just lose customers.
5 R&D Agents, 10months, Zero BPO Offers.. Onboard navigational [Planetary Avoidance] computer.
My account will be suspended at the end of the current play period. Expires on 19. September 2004 |

Rycheck
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:04:00 -
[10]
Yes i am trapped in that god forsaken place as well. Unable to login. --------------------------------------------------------- "It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom"
|

voogru
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:07:00 -
[11]
I thought they could support 10,000+ players?
Oh maybe they meant that with 2 players in each solarsystem (2x5000).

Why cant they just either:
Put limits on how many players can be on a highway system. Make highway systems have more than one node to support 200+ players each.
I mean it cant be that hard, could it?
------- Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 827.3 damage. |

Elereth
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:09:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Elereth on 28/03/2004 20:10:29 Seems there's a few annoying things happening to the servers at the moment. I don't think it has to do with the total number of players either, though players per system may be it.
I'll see if I can get a GM to comment.
Until then, please keep all server down discussion in this thread. Thanks. --------------------
ph34r t3h m0d t34m |

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:19:00 -
[13]
Yes get rid of the highway or at least make it so that all trafic is not through 1 system. __________ Capacitor research |

Jolo
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:22:00 -
[14]
yeah, maybe add a function where the auto pilot checks for the least used route, that is still the same number of jumps. ---------------------------------------
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:24:00 -
[15]
Long live the highways! 
Convert Stations
|

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:28:00 -
[16]
shutup about the highways..
this isn't a superhighway issue.. if it were.. the server would crash everyday.
I've been online while there was over 500 players in Amarr. Five Hundred Players. And the server didn't have to be rebooted that day.
Every time something goes wrong with this POS server.. You superhighway haters come out preaching a bunch of propaganda.
it's really annoying.
5 R&D Agents, 10months, Zero BPO Offers.. Onboard navigational [Planetary Avoidance] computer.
My account will be suspended at the end of the current play period. Expires on 19. September 2004 |

GeoNoSiS
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:33:00 -
[17]
Burn the highway gates.. that will solve it  -----------------------------------------------
(\_/) (O.o) (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world |

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:40:00 -
[18]
It just seems to me that every single time the server goes down it is because of stuck people in highway system. It could of course be because there are more people there so statistically there should be more people on average that get stuck there but I kind of donŠt think so only the devs will know. __________ Capacitor research |

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:40:00 -
[19]
How will removing the superhighways solve the problem? Please explain because the other day they had to reboot the server because of a bunch of other systems causing people to get stuck. yeah, the other day the superhighways were fine, but other systems were causing people to get stuck.
So just because today it's Yulai, oh that means it's all because of the superhighways? Make sense.
Superhighways are here to stay.. so what is it they say? Stop whining about them. |

Aneu Angellus
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:41:00 -
[20]
Think yourselfs lucky, i was killing NPC BS's in fountain when i got the message, about 50 cans in the belt, tried killing off the spawn but they were spawning too fast, i turned my MWD on to pick up cans and the server went down like 5min early while i was 30k from 2 Enforcers (500k Battleships)
 ________________ Aneu Angellus Vengeance Of The Fallen - WolfPack Military Captain
|

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:43:00 -
[21]
People have been getting stuck in systems since Beta Testing.. The superhighways have only been around half that time. Get a clue people. |

cashman
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 20:47:00 -
[22]
Quote: Yes get rid of the highway or at least make it so that all trafic is not through 1 system.
Get rid of yourself please.
Normally I don't have any issues while traveling through the highway, no matter how many is there. Couple of days ago this happend to Algolile (I think its called), next time it could be pf-346? Lets burn all the unused 0.0 space, no one's is there anyway? Of course not.
No matter what the problems is, I hope CCP fix it soon. Its getting unacceptable.
____________________________________
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
|

Perpello
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:10:00 -
[23]
After the reboot, Luminaire system is still dead.
May be it's not just Luminaire though, perhaps everyone is still waiting for their characters to load (it's 30 mins after the restart completed).
Get it sorted please 
|

Eneroth
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:15:00 -
[24]
Keep the flames down please. -Elereth
-Any fool can pull a trigger.- |

Masi
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:15:00 -
[25]
Lag is fking annoying. Trying to do usefull stuff for once, cant doing anything due to lag... -------------------------
|

Kusami
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:16:00 -
[26]
Actualy guys...
Over in Iran, the third world county where the EVE servers are hosted, a lightning strike stuck the warehouse that houses all of the EVE cluster. The EVE cluster, consisting of over 10,000 linked Atari's, lost more than 40% of its resources due to some idiot who didn't use a surge protector. The server software, Linux, is having a hard time cooping with the loss as it tries to spread its resources too thinly to appease the masses.
|

Rycheck
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:18:00 -
[27]
Still cant log in either. Just wondering if you lose your ship because of this can you petition and get it back? --------------------------------------------------------- "It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom"
|

Dust Puppy
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:19:00 -
[28]
Quote:
Quote: Yes get rid of the highway or at least make it so that all trafic is not through 1 system.
Get rid of yourself please.
Normally I don't have any issues while traveling through the highway, no matter how many is there. Couple of days ago this happend to Algolile (I think its called), next time it could be pf-346? Lets burn all the unused 0.0 space, no one's is there anyway? Of course not.
No matter what the problems is, I hope CCP fix it soon. Its getting unacceptable.
No need to get rude. IŠll admit that I may be wrong screaming remove the highways I was hoping for a bit of a discussion instead stupid comments.
Did you know that Algogile is next to luminaire? IŠm pretty sure that a lot of people go through there. Do you know if there are other system that have gotten stuck that are not the highway system or the system right next to them (I honestly want to know because I havenŠt heard about it but I might be wrong. __________ Capacitor research |

Xenu
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:22:00 -
[29]
Quote: The server software, Linux, is having a hard time cooping with the loss as it tries to spread its resources too thinly to appease the masses.

________________________________________________________
|

Elereth
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:23:00 -
[30]
Keep the flames down, people.
The zillions of people trying to log in at once are what are causing the lag the moment. In a few minutes it should calm down.
Until then I recommend staying in a station or at a safe spot so the lag doesn't kill you. --------------------
ph34r t3h m0d t34m |

Doppleganger
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:29:00 -
[31]
My main char is still stuck somewhere between Yulai and Pator... I have tried to log this cahr a few time and nothing although my alts are in different systems and they have no probs loggin in.
|

Barbicane
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:48:00 -
[32]
Quote: My main char is still stuck somewhere between Yulai and Pator... I have tried to log this cahr a few time and nothing although my alts are in different systems and they have no probs loggin in.
Same here. I just petitioned it. First time in many months that I've had to do a stuck-petition. Just hope it's fixed tomorrow morning when it's time to switch skills. 
|

Tatsue Nuko
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 21:54:00 -
[33]
Quote: Actualy guys...
Over in Iran, the third world county where the EVE servers are hosted, a lightning strike stuck the warehouse that houses all of the EVE cluster. The EVE cluster, consisting of over 10,000 linked Atari's, lost more than 40% of its resources due to some idiot who didn't use a surge protector. The server software, Linux, is having a hard time cooping with the loss as it tries to spread its resources too thinly to appease the masses.
*lol* Good one. Though, as for server OS, the truth of it is funny enough. Windows. Pah. Anyway, being the masochist I am, I actually went from a _barely functional system into Amarr. I got stuck (surprise). But I enjoy it.
|

Serilla
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 22:00:00 -
[34]
Stuck still in lumi. first time i can ever remember being stuck after a reboot. and ive been stuck many many times :D
|

Doppleganger
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 22:02:00 -
[35]
Quote: Same here. I just petitioned it. First time in many months that I've had to do a stuck-petition. Just hope it's fixed tomorrow morning when it's time to switch skills. 
Yeah unfortunatly I just had a 6.5 day skill finish up about 30 min ago... talk about timing. 
|

Gerome Doutrande
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 22:04:00 -
[36]
stuck in lumi too, for two hours before the reboot, now for nearly one hour afterwards. all that with a nice corp group thing going on all without me.
not a particularly happy little eve player tonight. 
|

juel
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 22:16:00 -
[37]
lol, this has nothing to do with highway system.
|

Kusami
|
Posted - 2004.03.28 22:19:00 -
[38]
What is this highway system you speak of? I've only been playing a week + beta...
|

Gan Howorth
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 12:01:00 -
[39]
Of course its the highways! 
In beta, stuck systems were because the servers were carboard and string affairs...thus a bit of memory leak and a few players on the wrong system/node at the same time would cause a stuck system.
Now the servers are far more powerful..so it takes more people in the same system/node to create a stuck system. The highways have led to this very problem. (As will any large gathering of players anywhere).
Sure CCP have very likely been using the highways to concentrate numbers and therefore allow them to target server resources without having the headache of dynamically assigning server resources, (which is currently not possible anyway).
From here, either CCP have more nodes to throw at the highway systems OR they have reached the logical limit of resources they can assign to one system.
Personally l would like them to take the game down for a week and re-write the load balancing software...actually what l'd like to see is a sharding of the universe so that you physically get handed over to anther node cluster when you move to another region. No difference to now, just some inter-region functions might be limited by a time delay or be lost altogether but eh..so what.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |