| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ari Kristinn
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 22:31:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Ari Kristinn on 29/03/2004 22:41:45 This will probably be my first complaint about anything happening in the game of EvE :/
Today i bought a large stockpile of ore for a large sum of isk, after having it all hauled in my station i for some reason decided to click "show info", its just a thing i often do even if i have no reason to do it. Now attempting to click the "Show info" button on my large pile of unrefined ore i accidently clicked a recently added (or at least one i haven't noticed before) button called "Refine" which caused me (with lvl 1 refining) to refine the entire bulk of ore ACCIDENTLY. Now this is a huge setback for me financially because mainly i dont have any refining skills and wasnt going to refine this myself and secondly, i spent a long time getting that ore :/
Maybe add an "Are you sure you want to do this you idiot?" pop up ?
edit: quick summary, i lost 10 million isk due to clicking the wrong button...
|

OVERCOPES 1
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 22:41:00 -
[2]
Edited by: OVERCOPES 1 on 29/03/2004 22:42:14 All most as good as when i sold an armageddon for 6 mill instead of 60 mill many moons ago.
i still cringe about that when i think about it.
|

Ari Kristinn
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 22:42:00 -
[3]
Thats just bad, *shudder*
Really think they should add a confirmation button on that refine option though, especially as it's right next to the info button
|

Eneroth
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 22:42:00 -
[4]
i accidently trashed a thorax when i was going to take break package. back in the courier days.
-Any fool can pull a trigger.- |

Inspector Gadget
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 23:25:00 -
[5]
Quote: Edited by: Ari Kristinn on 29/03/2004 22:41:45 This will probably be my first complaint about anything happening in the game of EvE :/
Today i bought a large stockpile of ore for a large sum of isk, after having it all hauled in my station i for some reason decided to click "show info", its just a thing i often do even if i have no reason to do it. Now attempting to click the "Show info" button on my large pile of unrefined ore i accidently clicked a recently added (or at least one i haven't noticed before) button called "Refine" which caused me (with lvl 1 refining) to refine the entire bulk of ore ACCIDENTLY. Now this is a huge setback for me financially because mainly i dont have any refining skills and wasnt going to refine this myself and secondly, i spent a long time getting that ore :/
Maybe add an "Are you sure you want to do this you idiot?" pop up ?
edit: quick summary, i lost 10 million isk due to clicking the wrong button...
I did that with 96,000 bistot with refinery efficiency 1. 
|

Tyrrax Thorrk
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 23:30:00 -
[6]
I really really really hate that feature :|
Never lost much to it but I have lost a little to it :/
|

Finraer
|
Posted - 2004.03.29 23:37:00 -
[7]
Ouch - agreed that a confirm box would be helpful.
I'd love for them to add a right click recycle option as well but each time I think about it, the above scenario springs to mind and I just know, I'll do the same to the Scorp as I did to my Moa once (I was just wondering what minerals it had in it and clicked the "ok" button! )
|

KrogothZero
|
Posted - 2004.03.30 00:09:00 -
[8]
Yeah you have to be really careful what you press, some random ship was at the location of my kill mission so I chucked all I had at time at it. Next thing I knew concord was flying around me eating my shield for lunch. Lost two thorax by been trigger happy =/ Usually do show info to make double sure these days.
|

Tenacha Khan
|
Posted - 2004.03.30 00:10:00 -
[9]
that does kinda suck, by clicking on refine, it should bring up the mineral quote you get when you refine/reprocess through the refinery.
/emote refined a giant can full of all my best mods and guns, I thought it was some kind of bug with the cans that gave me all that megacyte
|

Vacuole
|
Posted - 2004.03.30 01:14:00 -
[10]
Yeh, right-click menus are dangerous and inefficient for that very reason and confirmation dialog boxes are remedies...
I think a little wider spacing and even a separator would be appropriate there, along with the confirmation dialog.
But just get rid of it.. I mean, the only place that makes any sense is in a station that has the refinery icon there anyway. Even in Shiva, I would think that the mobile refineries will have a similar graphical button you have to consciously click.
|

Orion Yoda
|
Posted - 2004.03.30 03:02:00 -
[11]
It should be one of those buttons that runs away from your mouse pointer.....
You say you are lying. But if everything you say is a lie, then you are telling the truth. You cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie. You lie, you tell the truth ... but you cannot, for you lie.-- Norman the android, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3 |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |