| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

pwnedgato
|
Posted - 2008.02.13 03:57:00 -
[31]
Originally by: ry ry Edited by: ry ry on 12/02/2008 13:09:31
Originally by: pwnedgato well I was looking at one of their new tripl eengines they are only 675 cc and in total the weight of the bikes with it (street triple specifically) seem pretty light.
street trips are ******* excellent, buy if you buy one now you'll be waiting until july before they get it to you.
you could pick up an priller shiver from a dealer tomorrow if you wanted.
edit: or just buy an old daytona 675 and take of the fairing, which is essentially what the Street triple is. ;)
Local dealership happens to have a good handful or so of them actually but I don't start lessons for another week or so.
Originally by: Crumplecorn These is a forum for this.
|

Daelorn
State War Academy
|
Posted - 2008.02.13 06:05:00 -
[32]
Edited by: Daelorn on 13/02/2008 06:14:41 GZ250, same bike I used in my MSF class (Which was a blast, horrible teacher unfortunately)
Hopefully within a few months Ill have this. I have a nice empty parking lot of a supermarket that failed and closed after a few months right down the street to practice in. Ever since I took MSF (I would say take it before you get your bike) right I have been lurking around motorcycle forums everyday, I suggest you check them out too, you learn quite a bit of stuff from other people.
Don't get cheap gear/not get any at all. Get the best helmet, get a jacket, get some gloves, pants and boots. Just remember they have different materials now so its not all leather. A while ago I saw some pants that looked like jeans but they were motorcycle pants. You do want to keep your skin on you and not the pavement when you fall off (As they say there are 2 types of riders, those who have fallen off and those who are still have yet to fall off.)
Good luck, stay safe, and have fun! 
Haha also : If you ever have to swerve left, please remember to take your off the throttle if you do, right bar goes up, and you hand gives the bike more throttle, thank god the GZ250 are just 250s and all I got was a little jerk from the bike. Had I done that on the one I want, I would be very sore.
Watch out for sand. Sand = Evil.
|

mamolian
Eternity INC. Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.02.13 09:13:00 -
[33]
Edited by: mamolian on 13/02/2008 09:13:05 My Dad rode bikes for 20 years.. and from the day I was born.. drilled it into my head how dangerous they are.. had both parents up in arms when I turned 19 and told em I was getting one As it turned out I changed my mind and bought a car instead.. good friend of mine crashed his bike.. ended up with a broken pelvis and spent 9 months being helped to the toilet by his mother.. Kinda put off bikes after that. -----------
|

ry ry
StateCorp Insurgency
|
Posted - 2008.02.13 11:25:00 -
[34]
Originally by: pwnedgato
Originally by: ry ry Edited by: ry ry on 12/02/2008 13:09:31
Originally by: pwnedgato well I was looking at one of their new tripl eengines they are only 675 cc and in total the weight of the bikes with it (street triple specifically) seem pretty light.
street trips are ******* excellent, buy if you buy one now you'll be waiting until july before they get it to you.
you could pick up an priller shiver from a dealer tomorrow if you wanted.
edit: or just buy an old daytona 675 and take of the fairing, which is essentially what the Street triple is. ;)
Local dealership happens to have a good handful or so of them actually but I don't start lessons for another week or so.
who's the dealership, and how much they going for? i'm intrigued. Signature removed. Too large and flashing signatures are not really permitted. Navigator |

Ja'kar
MAFIA
|
Posted - 2008.02.13 17:13:00 -
[35]
All accidents are preventable"
not true
some yes, but not all!
Well from the point of view of the biker!
Makes me want to get another bike - god how I miss them
|

Elliot Reid
Digital Fury Corporation Digital Renegades
|
Posted - 2008.02.13 17:48:00 -
[36]
It's been said but be damn careful on the roads. No matter how safe a rider you are there are plenty of idiots who won't see you.
In 1990 I was on my way to work, the last work day before xmas, and as I entered a roundabout, a woman in a car decided she didn't want to bother giving way to me and shattered my left ankle. Nice xmas I had.
I've lost a couple of friends on bikes over the years but don't let anything anyone has said here put you off. I've not had a bike for quite a few years now but I dare say once my mid life crisis comes I'll get one again.
_______________________________________
|

Schempazoid Jones
Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.02.13 20:34:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Daelorn Edited by: Daelorn on 13/02/2008 06:14:41 GZ250, same bike I used in my MSF class (Which was a blast, horrible teacher unfortunately)
Hopefully within a few months Ill have this. I have a nice empty parking lot of a supermarket that failed and closed after a few months right down the street to practice in. Ever since I took MSF (I would say take it before you get your bike) right I have been lurking around motorcycle forums everyday, I suggest you check them out too, you learn quite a bit of stuff from other people.
Don't get cheap gear/not get any at all. Get the best helmet, get a jacket, get some gloves, pants and boots. Just remember they have different materials now so its not all leather. A while ago I saw some pants that looked like jeans but they were motorcycle pants. You do want to keep your skin on you and not the pavement when you fall off (As they say there are 2 types of riders, those who have fallen off and those who are still have yet to fall off.)
Good luck, stay safe, and have fun! 
Haha also : If you ever have to swerve left, please remember to take your off the throttle if you do, right bar goes up, and you hand gives the bike more throttle, thank god the GZ250 are just 250s and all I got was a little jerk from the bike. Had I done that on the one I want, I would be very sore.
Watch out for sand. Sand = Evil.
Daelorn,
Just be very careful if that is your first bike. It is a *lot* of bike if it is your first one (very powerful). I'm not saying you don't have the experience or knowledge to handle it...just want you to be aware that you can get in to trouble in a big hurry on this bike if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Make sure you spend a good deal of time getting familiar with it in that parking lot before you venture out to more difficult roads and congested highways.
Good luck...and remember to keep the shiny side up! 
|

Crimsonjade
Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2008.02.14 01:58:00 -
[38]
well i have been riding since i was 16. wont say how long ago that was, but Ratt was hot then Last year i almost was a statistic about 5 miles from home. usual weekend Drunk towing a boat, wasnt paying any attention to anything other than his beer and the hot chick next to him. Pulled out 75 yards away while im doing 55-60 mph. i can say i really prefer leather as the prop blade sliced thru it and gave me a cut on my arm.
made the aggravated assault charge worth having to buy a new coat
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |