| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Stakhanov
Metafarmers
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 15:54:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Nu Wa To all the people saying EW, how does jamming the golem make its tank any less powerful, especially if he's running on cap charges?
If he's running on cap charges , then you wait until he runs out of them dammit 
Originally by: ivan draco we didnt want your post anyway
|

Washell Olivaw
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 15:58:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Nu Wa Edited by: Nu Wa on 21/02/2008 15:29:48
To all the people saying EW, how does jamming the golem make its tank any less powerful, especially if he's running on cap charges?
I think the OP was complaining about the tank(which I disagree with), not overall pvp ability.
OP was complaining about it doing megathron damage and having an excellent tank. It doesn't do damage if it's jammed. That's why people say EW.
Quote: Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just don't have film.
|

Dors Venabily
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 16:01:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Nu Wa Edited by: Nu Wa on 21/02/2008 15:29:48
To all the people saying EW, how does jamming the golem make its tank any less powerful, especially if he's running on cap charges?
I think the OP was complaining about the tank(which I disagree with), not overall pvp ability.
Hah you just answered your self you jam it pound it while it cant pound you wait till charges run out kill it really folks wtf its not really rocket science 
|

Guss Morkle
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 16:13:00 -
[34]
I think the unsaid problem here is this faction fit golem outlasted their dps long enough for Concord to show up and blow them up. Given enough time, the 4 gank BS should easily kill the golem, but when you factor in a severe time limit to kill, then his complaints now make sense.
|

Pan Crastus
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 16:28:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Wu Jiun
Originally by: Ariel Dawn Maelstrom does more DPS than a Golem.
*Scratches head.* Under which circumstances and against what targets?
At optimal (3Km) when the target isn't moving. ;-P
EVE Online: a cold, cruel world where (RL-)rich people replace their losses with GTCs sold to poor students who need to farm ISK to afford their play time ...
|

hellwarrior
Caldari Spartan Industries Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 16:30:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Ariel Dawn Maelstrom does more DPS than a Golem.
nope.
|

Sean Faust
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 20:52:00 -
[37]
I don't have any experience dealing with Golems are they're not quite common yet. However, from what I understand, what's OP about them isn't their tank in and of itself, it's their cap regen, which is high enough to allow them to effectively permarun their shield booster. If this is the case, neuts will make short work of it.
That being said, I make it a point to always fly blaster fitted ships with ECM drones in the drone bay. If this thing is as susceptible to ECM as it seems, then I won't have any problems with it. It may take a while, but I believe it can be done.
|

Nu Wa
|
Posted - 2008.02.21 22:14:00 -
[38]
Edited by: Nu Wa on 21/02/2008 22:14:51 Edited by: Nu Wa on 21/02/2008 22:14:05
Originally by: Dors Venabily
Hah you just answered your self you jam it pound it while it cant pound you wait till charges run out kill it really folks wtf its not really rocket science 
I guess I'm trying to say that: you are right in saying EW SHOULD be used to neuter the golem, thus giving you a much easier time taking it down, especially if you are 1 on 1.
However, my point is that EW doesn't directly affect his tank. Especially in the case when he is tanking the opponent long enough for backup to arrive.
But I see your point though, taking away his offense does effectly reduce his over all survivability ;)
|

SemiCharmed
|
Posted - 2008.03.04 14:05:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Don Juanito The Golem's tank is a bit over the top IMO. It shouldn't take 4 gank BS's just to break through the tank of another BS. This thing is worse than the old passive (and new passive) drakes, except that instead of lol dps, its lobbing blaster mega damage at you via torpedoes, and probably firing neuts as well. I think the other marauders are pretty well balanced (except for the vargur), but this one is clearly over the top.
Translation: "Nerf this because i suck and have no skill or knowledge on how to play the game, waaaaahhhh waaahhhhh!!"
Common dude if CCP Nerf everything the last thing to be nerfed would be "theres too many systems everyones too far apart because im too lazy to go 10 jumps, CCP can you make the uni smaller?" Marauders suck anyway :p
ranting FTW! 
--------------------------------------------
Remember Kids, Only YOU Can Prevent Fourm fires. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |