| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Nikki Tyler
Hostiles In Local
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 02:21:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Nikki Tyler on 07/03/2008 02:22:57 I have been using the "How to Make a Fraps Movie for Dummies 101# Baby Step Programs" found here
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=672132
which simply are brilliant. I have been inspired to make a movie and I am now at the stage where I need to render it. I have done it a few times and not sure on the settings needed. Each time I finish the render and go watch it, its all blocky. The movie goes for a touch over five mins and the settings are 1280x1024.
I am under the impression that I need to render it first then I apply Staxrip type of compression to it so to reduce the file size. I compressed a test version using Movie Maker and this worked a treat so I am guessing its the same process (I upgraded to Prem Pro).
Anyway, just wanting to know what the process is and the settings needed for this please.
I know I am to do it in Media Encoder to encode to WMV but thats where I come unstuck, to many options there to click on etc 
|

knifee
Caldari The Illuminati. Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 02:58:00 -
[2]
check out this thread.
Basicaly what you want to do is export your video from prem as an avi, useing either no compresion or a lossless codec.
Once you have your new (very large) video use Staxrip or the auto encoder to compress the file.
www.eve-dev.net - making a good thing better
|

Nikki Tyler
Hostiles In Local
|
Posted - 2008.03.09 22:24:00 -
[3]
Update
Help needed please 
My finished movie footage has poor resolution, the text on the screen appears to be missing some pixels, such as the overview where parts of the text is missing or the modules appear to be out of focus, basically its not sharp and clean.
Using Prem Pro, I performed the pre-render to the fraps file so the time line above the fraps file was green. I then used the Adobe Media Encoder. I used the options that AlleyKat suggested in his tutorial. I tested both methods, the first was a wmv format then a avi format, they both gave the same result. I then played around with the bitrate and the only noticable thing that I could see was that the 10,000 bitrate simply made the file size larger with no better resolution.
Viewing the original fraps footage is like watching the game, it is exactly the same, no resolution loss has occurred, nice sharp and clear. I have triple checked the fraps settings, the adobe saved presets and they all match the settings of 30 fps at 1280x1024 etc.
So I am stumped as to why my resolution is crap lol.
I run a single core cpu but with the new fraps this allows me to run fraps at full screen mode not half screen. I still run on classic mode in Eve if that helps.
So has anyone got any thoughts what I might be doing wrong at all?
|

Greme
Amarr Slacker Industries Exuro Mortis
|
Posted - 2008.03.10 11:29:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Greme on 10/03/2008 11:29:48 When you say the resolution is crap, are you stating the output resolution is crap (i.e. the project and fraps are 1152xblah but the actual output is at about 600x400), or that the output resolution is fine (1152xblah) but the quality of the video is rubbish (or the apparent resolution is rubbish but the actual resolution is fine). Check the actual resolution of the output video (an easy way is to reimport it back into premiere and check its info), it just depends on which problem it is as to how to solve it.
Generally for the problems you suggested, if the actual resolution is fine, it's usually either a problem with the pixel aspect ratio (check it's 1.0 and not 0.9) or the "separate fields" option being checked in the interlace options.
Apologies for not being too descriptive, but i'm writing this from uni, so don't have premiere in front of me. If you need more help I'll check when I get home.

Your signature is too large. Please resize it to a maximum of 400 x 120 with the file size not exceeding 24000 bytes. If you would like further details please mail [email protected] - Mitnal |

Nikki Tyler
Hostiles In Local
|
Posted - 2008.03.10 12:56:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Nikki Tyler on 10/03/2008 12:57:51 No, the actual original fraps files are faultless, there perfect. If I go and click on them, they pop up in Windows Media Player clear and sharp. Once I import the fraps file to Prem Pro, pre-render it, then render it to avi or wmv the end product resolution is not good.
My ingame Display and Graphics Settings are
Display Adaptor - NVIDIA Geoforce 7800 GTX Dither - not on Color Depth - 24-bit colour Depth Stencil Format - 32-bit z-buffer with 8-bit stencil Present Interval - Interval immediate
My settings in Adobe is the 1280x1024 mode as per AlleyKat
The output of the final rendered and saved movie is the correct size, 1280x1024 full screen it is this footage that has poor resolution. I looked at the finished movie file properties as you suggested and it appears to match up with everything.
Type: AVI Movie File Size: 30.8 MB Image Size: 1280 x 1024 Pixel Depth: 1280 Frame Rate: 30.00 Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo Total Duration: 00:00:04:02 Average Data Rate: 7.6 MB / second Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Hope this helps.
|

AlleyKat
Gallente White-Noise
|
Posted - 2008.03.10 13:27:00 -
[6]
Could you provide the project settings information, I'd like to take a look at those.
What you're suggesting is happening, basically, shouldn't happen!
Maintaining the same resolution of EVE and therefore Fraps (in your case 1280x1024) this leads to an Adobe Project of the same settings, which leads to an output dimension of the same - all of which should equal a 'perfect' image, or one with no blurryiness.
I'd also like to take a look at the WMV file (5 seconds worth should do it).
If you have followed my guide to the letter, then I feel a certain sense of obligation to assist you further, should I not see anything afoot in your project settings or your output file(s). If needed I'd be prepared to setup a web conference from your desktop, coupled with VOIP.
The answer is there somewhere...
Also, in the interim, please check all codecs at the microsoft website, and also there are updates to the Adobe Premiere Professional 2.0 package (regardless of how you obtained the original software) which you may not have. I'm not suggesting this is or could be a problem, but it's certainly one of the places I'd start.
Fortunately, you original files are intact and look good - so somewhere between setting up a project and attempting an encode / export, there is a problem...the fact that it worked inside of Windows Movie Maker is another head-scratcher...
AK.
EVE-ONLINE VIDEO-MAKING TUTORIALS |

Nikki Tyler
Hostiles In Local
|
Posted - 2008.03.17 20:35:00 -
[7]
AlleyKat
Sorry went away for a for a week. Well its all sorted, I took the screen shots and all the settings were correct. I did the 5 seconds render to post up with the screen shots for you. The only difference I found in all the settings was the codec in the Export Movie option which your version is different to C3 prem pro (Cinepak Codec by Radius).
It drove me batty, so I played with different option settings over and over in the Export Adobe media Encoder, just to see what they did. I then reset it back to the correct settings and started playing around with a 2 second fraps (to speed the trial process up) at different bitrates. So I did the pre render then the export blah blah and damn, it just started working like it should.
I scratched my head, went and looked at my saved screen shots to compare them and the settings were the same. So I am stuffed if I know. From a tech point of view it HAD to be a settings issue. The input was good but the output was poor but I compared the old settings with the current settings and there the same, so, I dunno, gremlins 
Either way I am sorted and most grateful for you're kind assistance offer. Please keep up the uber work you are doing 
|

AlleyKat
White-Noise
|
Posted - 2008.03.17 21:01:00 -
[8]
Anytime.
Glad you got it sorted, will look forward to the film.
AK.
EVE-ONLINE VIDEO-MAKING TUTORIALS |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |