| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Warsawa
|
Posted - 2004.04.09 19:46:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Warsawa on 09/04/2004 20:01:04 Edited by: Warsawa on 09/04/2004 19:47:20 Well, I have to admit that this recent patch really worked well for me. Though with a couple of bumps.
Though I've found a severe bug in the game that I think needs to be addressed. Here's the symptons and my system config:
Athlon XP 1900+ Soyo Dragon Plus! 512 MB DDR PNY GeForce FX 5900 SE
The drivers are current.
So the game is rock stable for a very long play session. No problems at all. Sometimes I can play for as long as 5 hours before this problem comes up, and strangely the software client works BETTER as time goes on (I'm assuming more data is cached to RAM). However, somewhere around 5 to 6 hours into a play session, without warning, and all at once, my buttocks goes numb!
Now generally speaking, from a software development standpoint I would expect that the quality assurance team would have checked for this type of quality bug. I'm very upset about this.
If you have never experienced your buttocks going numb, you have no idea how distressing and alarming this experience can be. Most of us ignore our buttocks for a majority of the time. But I can assure you that it is very alarming when said buttocks appears to be non-functional.
Imagine my emotional distress when I realized that part of body was apparently "no long reporting in"...
I was not expecting this effect from the software.
I tried rebooting, defragmenting my disk, deleting temporary files, and clearing the EVE cache. From all of that, deleting the EVE cache resulted in only a slight tingling.
Sadly, the only solution was to shut the computer off for a period of 45 minutes to an hour.
About 15 minutes after the computer is turned off, while I was doing the dishes, feeling returned to my buttocks.
Also, in an informal survey of my corp mates, they are experiencing similar issues with the same pattern... though one of my corp mates has stated that he views this problem as an "undocumented feature"- *shrugg*
To CCP:
You need to address this bug. And it needs to be addressed now!! NO ONE who plays this game was bargaining for an issue like this. What if your buttocks went numb? How would you feel?
This proves to me that the EVE developers don't know their arse from a hole in the ground.
Damnit! I want justice!
|

ElCoCo
|
Posted - 2004.04.09 19:56:00 -
[2]
LMAO 
In before they lock this seriously funny post!
|

Warsawa
|
Posted - 2004.04.09 20:39:00 -
[3]
Quote: LMAO 
In before they lock this seriously funny post!
You have no mercy.
|

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2004.04.09 22:47:00 -
[4]
Your chair is probably incompatible with eve, it's a common problem 
|

Achec
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 00:27:00 -
[5]
I get a similar bug, although its my legs that go numb.. but thats only after 10hs of playing...
Perhaps you could have agent missions that make you do a little dance to help with circulation.
|

Nessaden
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 04:54:00 -
[6]
I never go numb My chair is all soft n' squishy.
lol
"Honor and Serve" |

Johnson McCrae
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 06:38:00 -
[7]
Sounds like its time to upgrade your chair hardware. 
It ain't over till the fat lady falls on ya!
[ 2004.10.09 02:50:23 ] (combat) Your 425mm Compressed Coil Gun I perfectly strikes Guardian Sentry, wrecking for 747.3 damage.
|

Tar om
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 13:13:00 -
[8]
That was a funny post :) -- We are the Octavian Vanguard www.octavianvanguard.net http://www.serenitymovie.com |

Dalmont Delantee
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 13:51:00 -
[9]
I suggest rebooting your buttocks every few hours or so..
Ask someone to kick you in the behind..all feeling returns with an added extra called pain.
Take comfort in knowing that its probably some pimply faced twit, or 40 year old virgin, who gleens everytime mommy offfers to take them to needle point lessons |

Eight
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 14:44:00 -
[10]
This is a known issue with older or lower quality chair hardware. Unfortunately we do not intend to support your particular brand or model. However I have heard that installation of a pillow or similar padding device can alleviate the symptoms in some cases.
Hope this helps.
~Eight |

Faux
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 14:48:00 -
[11]
ROFL!!!
|

Icarus100
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 16:35:00 -
[12]

/emote checks his chair hard- and software..
ERROR
- My hair is ugly.. |

Johnson McCrae
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 19:13:00 -
[13]
No support Eight? DAMN.
I wonder if my chair's warranty covers this? 
It ain't over till the fat lady falls on ya!
[ 2004.10.09 02:50:23 ] (combat) Your 425mm Compressed Coil Gun I perfectly strikes Guardian Sentry, wrecking for 747.3 damage.
|

Redwolf
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 20:05:00 -
[14]

|

PreTender
|
Posted - 2004.04.10 22:01:00 -
[15]
why do you think we have DT :)
time to recover for an hour __________________________
http://www.eve-extra.com |

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2004.04.11 02:51:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Ermenegildo Zenya on 11/04/2004 02:57:47
Big ROTFL! Great Post had a ton of laugh after reading this thread. Sadly this bug is a true one, my buttocks also goes numb after several hours of playing... I must say that this "lack of feeling" occures even though I have a very nice chair of very high quality which is also soft and sth [it's 1 year old], maybe some of the brand new T2 items have better attributes in that matter, will have to check the market!
P.S. Warsawa does your nick has something in common with polish capital - Warszawa??
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

Cinnander
|
Posted - 2004.04.11 13:34:00 -
[17]
Dock your planetary vehicle at your local "Office Supplies Corp." outlet, and get your self a Decent Tech-2 chair. They generally cosist of non-synthetic, thus expensive, materials such as leather. You can expect to pay about ú50 (~300,575,000 ISK) for one. They take up about 1 Trunkspace of cargo capacity, so make sure you've got room. Don't let their retail agents sweet talk you: just buy the damn chair that works, not the one with all the gizmos.
><))))¦> This is fishy .. You know what to do. |

Ovidius
|
Posted - 2004.04.11 16:05:00 -
[18]
I am not sure if I am all mistaken on this, but it might actually be a passing bug. Eventually said buttocks get more acustomed to this bug with time.
I seem to remember that most veterans and real l337 players only seem to get this bug at around 16+hours of play..
Think we should wait for the bughunters like traveller to report final say on this issue..
PS:I have had a Meta loot chair of excellent quality for as long as I can remember so I havent experienced the bug myself, just the occasional "tingly fingerbug" that has been in since retail launch.
Journal - EVE Forum Rules - Contact the Moderator Team |

The Beast
|
Posted - 2004.04.11 23:04:00 -
[19]

Take up smoking.
The walk outside does me no-end of good ! 
"If God Posted His Second Coming Here I Would Ban His Ass For Being Off Topic ! :)" |

Warsawa
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 12:01:00 -
[20]
Ok,
I'd like to thank everyone for responding- especially the Devs...
I'm saddened that my chair hardware isn't supported. Can we get a list of supported chair hardware?
I don't want to go out and buy a new chair and find out my hind quarters will not be supported.
Thanks in advance.
|

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 12:26:00 -
[21]
It's difficult to give information about which chairs that works, since they must be compatible with both the game and the buttocks. I believe you have to check the specifications on your buttocks and make your decision based on that. Furthermore, the chair must be compatible with your desktop!
This is a jungle, it's very difficult to find descent chair hardware these days - none of them seem to follow standards, actually there IS no standards.
|

Jehova
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 15:14:00 -
[22]
I believe the Battle chair is a viable hardware upgrade for you Warsawa.  _________________________________________________________
[email protected] |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 15:17:00 -
[23]
Quote: I believe the Battle chair is a viable hardware upgrade for you Warsawa. 
drools........
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 15:21:00 -
[24]
Quote: I believe the Battle chair is a viable hardware upgrade for you Warsawa. 
I heard that there are some nasty driver issues on that one though, potentially causing a lot of sweating. They may have fixed the drivers though...
|

ChironV
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 21:27:00 -
[25]
I suppose you could say it was a "Failure of the interface between the keyboard and the chair." 
________________________________________________ It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
|

Phaethon
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 23:02:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Phaethon on 15/04/2004 23:10:34 You seriously need to upgrade your hardware.
The problem is not isolated to malfunction of a single piece of hardware, but rather in the implementation of the Sit'n'Play implementation in Windows.
My best recommendation would be for you to buy a webcam, and either buy one of these
I$k only deal
Or BYOM
You might even get by with a much simpler interface if you got your timing right
link may or may not work. 15 mb file The function of the webcam is more for our amusement and exercise than for your playing experience. eg. something like this
Serioulsy though What are you trying to do? Get us an automatic "you have been playing for 45 minutes straight and will now be logged off immediately for your own protection"
WTB. Infifitrator I drones |

Psy Corp
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 10:39:00 -
[27]
Quote:
link may or may not work. 15 mb file
thats sick.. that guy seriously needs to stop playing.. 
I Have The Power Of The Mighty Lo.0lipop..
|

Johnson McCrae
|
Posted - 2004.04.18 08:42:00 -
[28]
A friend pointed this out:
The symptoms are reminisent of the disease call "Bleacher Butt". If left to run it's course one's ***** can get fused!
It ain't over till the fat lady falls on ya!
[ 2004.10.09 02:50:23 ] (combat) Your 425mm Compressed Coil Gun I perfectly strikes Guardian Sentry, wrecking for 747.3 damage.
|

Naal Morno
|
Posted - 2004.04.19 11:19:00 -
[29]
I deeply feel the topic hsould be moved to "Known Issues & Workarounds" Your Heavy Neutron Blaster II perfectly strikes Serpentis Chief Sentinel, wrecking for 660.4 damage.
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2004.04.19 13:36:00 -
[30]
Quote: Edited by: Phaethon on 15/04/2004 23:10:34 You seriously need to upgrade your hardware.
The problem is not isolated to malfunction of a single piece of hardware, but rather in the implementation of the Sit'n'Play implementation in Windows. ... BYOM
We need to get this chap together with the dude building that Ship-Interface panel...
 "Jumpgate activation! Enemy ships uncloaking! I am engaging! Left foot triangle right foot square both feet jump...."
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

snutt
|
Posted - 2004.04.19 13:59:00 -
[31]
ROFL :D. But try beat these guys; #1, #2, #3   .
Mess with the best, die like the rest  Real men structure tank  |

Phaethon
|
Posted - 2004.04.19 15:53:00 -
[32]
Edited by: Phaethon on 19/04/2004 16:01:16 What they allways say
Bring a m8
Someone trained their Evasive Manueuvers above lvl 5
WTB. Infifitrator I drones |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |