| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jonathan Calvert
Empire Mining and Trade
|
Posted - 2008.03.16 20:29:00 -
[1]
Originally by: KhaniKirai Its a dumb nerf, because now you need to make extra bookmarks to scanning complexes down.
NO you dont. THe only thing that changed is you cant run 2 scans at once anymore.
|

Jonathan Calvert
Empire Mining and Trade
|
Posted - 2008.03.17 13:35:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Zeiffer Yes probing sux. Don't do it. Its a waste of your time and you will not enjoy it anyway. Try running more missions or mining. 
I agree. Nothing to see here.
|

Jonathan Calvert
Empire Mining and Trade
|
Posted - 2008.03.17 13:36:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Tsanse Kinske KhaniKirai is saying specifically that before the patch only the range of a previously dropped probe mattered. I realize that this wasn't the conventional wisdom,, but I have to wonder how many of yall ever actually have gotten the chance to try this, since it involves using different probe types at the same time and specifically long range probes after short range.
I used to use different probe types occasionally, but since I accepted the conventional wisdom, the only situations I can think of where I would have done so I'd have been dropping the shorter range probes after longer range. (For instance, after getting a single hit in a system's Quest BM net where I suspected there were multiple sites.) In which case I would never have seen this hypothetical bug. I imagine most Explorers would be in the same boat.
Yes, I do know about the warp / multiple scan bug, since I was one of the people who bug reported it. I also realize that the simplest explanation is that KhaniKirai is mistaken, that the whole discussion is totally pointless and academic anyway, and that idle curiosity killed the cat. (But satisfaction brought him back. )
In the last 6 months at least I have never been able to drop a probe in range of another probe. If the OP claims to have been able to do that, then that is a bug and we should report HIM.
|

Jonathan Calvert
Empire Mining and Trade
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 11:59:00 -
[4]
Originally by: KhaniKirai Ok, everyone twisting my words it seems. So explaining it slowly now.
You drop a probe, if you select it in your scanner, you see a forcefield around your probe. Before patch, you could drop another probe OUTSIDE that forcefield area. That was good enough for the game checks.
But after patch, that is not enough anymore, now you need to be even FURTHER away from the blue forcefield of a probel, to be allowed to put some other probe up. Even when you are OUTSIDE the range of your first probe, you are still not allowed to drop other probes, unless you are even further away. The exact NEW distance you have to be away now from an existing probe, i dont know yet.
Sorry, we arent seeing that either.
|

Jonathan Calvert
Empire Mining and Trade
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 12:37:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Chewie Soloh Edited by: Chewie Soloh on 18/03/2008 12:20:12 whoaaaa slow down there, so basically i cant go put a pursuit probe on every planet as long as they were all 2 au away from each other and then shift click the lot of them then click "analyze"? is that what this means?
If I remember the way it used to go it was useful on inner planets because say from teh sun planet one was (jsut bear with the cardinal directions for a second) 3au South East, planet 2 was 3 au south west, and planet 3 was 3au due north, youd go to each one drop a quest dprobe then shift click all of em in the system scanner tehn click"analyze" and if there was a site inside the inner systems you would find it almost on your first scan
Read the entire thread.
|
| |
|