| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Dire Wraith
Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 21:54:00 -
[1]
...this game is boring. Just a bit.
For example: today I was off so I decided to goof of a bit in EVE. I log on, wondering what to do.
I know, let me play around with this new Covert Ops ship I just got the skills to fly decently and try my hand at exploration. I launch a multi-spec probe and find an "unknown". Usually they suck, but whatever. I lay out about some quest probes, and analyze...and analyze...and analyze. An hour later, nothing. Ok, maybe it's near one of the two inner planets I didn't get very good coverage on. I set up two more quest probes and analyze...and analyze...and analyze. Nothing. Crap...there goes two hours down the drain. I log off for a bit.
Later, I log back on still trying to think of something to do. Maybe I'll mine some, since I could use the minerals and some ISK. My 0.5 system has about 12 belts in it, so I make the round. I check five belts at random and every single one is virtually mined out, with a few baby roids left in it. Scratch that idea.
Ok, maybe a little combat, I think. Ratting is useless, so I check out one of the nearby 2/10 complexes in my assault frigate. Of course it is already farmed out. I idle for about 15-20 minutes waiting on a respawn, but get bored. I go home, dock, and log out.
A little while ago I log back on. I know! I'll do some missions. Didn't feel like doing a level 3 mission at the time, so I talk to one of my favorite L2 agents. I get a courier mission...yay. Twenty minutes later I'm done with the mission and back, and all I have to show for it is 100k isk and 41 LPs. So much fun and so rewarding too. (I'm being sarcastic btw.)
Now don't get me wrong I like this game. I think. I love the science fiction genre in general. It's just. I don't know... Sometimes I think I continue my subscription because I don't want to lose time training skills. heh.
Oh well, ignore me. Just ranting a bit. :D |

Benco97
Exchangable Properties
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 22:28:00 -
[2]
I have felt as you do, I know it well. For me, a short break fixed it all and now I'm as excited about doing things as I was way back when I started. Not saying that's the best course of action for you, it's just what made ME love the game again.
Originally by: Kirjava This man speaks the truth, when he farts we count the length in seconds and make squillions buying winning lottery tickets.
|

Alora Venoda
GalTech Giant Space Amoeba
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 22:32:00 -
[3]
i recently ran into most of the same issues you face. and all i can say is you need to try harder 
1) keep exploring around different systems. if you cant find the site after one set of quests just move on
2) try mining in mission areas, they not only have ore when the belts are cleaned out, but also have much lower risk of ore-thieves. you could also try looking in other systems nearby.
3) not ALL the static plexes are perma-farmed, there are dozens around hi-sec so just go from one to the next until you find one that is not being used
4) don't run courier missions for the rewards, but rather to crank out storyline missions
~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ Take away the risk and it would make flying around in space utterly pointless.
Take away the flying around part and you make EVE into a space themed spreadsheet application. |

Lanning
Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 22:33:00 -
[4]
This emptyness you feel is lack of corp.
Time to step up to the next level - player orginized chaos.
Eve solo is a boring game - i know, am antisocial.
|

Dire Wraith
Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 22:59:00 -
[5]
I've actually often thought of joining a corp but I don't really play all that much and I don't want to be "that guy" who is in the corp but no one knows because he's hardly ever online. I'm intrigued by 0.0 but don't want to be unreliable and not take part in scheduled ops, or whatever it is 0.0 corps do.
I've been playing this game off and on (mostly off, however) since the summer of '05, so I'm not a total newbie. I know if I tried harder I could have found whatever it was that I was looking for, be it a fun mission, mining, exploration, whatever. Sometimes this game does make you work (just a little too hard) to find something interesting/entertaining to do.
I'm still having more fun than not, overall. And that's what matters. |

Lithel
The Soviet Galactic Union
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 23:35:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Lanning This emptyness you feel is lack of corp.
Time to step up to the next level - player orginized chaos.
Eve solo is a boring game - i know, am antisocial.
This guy hits it right on the spot. The only thing that needs to be clarified is: Don't join an industrial corp!!! Find some random PvP corp, and start having some real fun.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|

Akaro Skyfang
Caduceus Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.18 23:57:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Benco97 I have felt as you do, I know it well. For me, a short break fixed it all and now I'm as excited about doing things as I was way back when I started. Not saying that's the best course of action for you, it's just what made ME love the game again.
Yeah, same for me. That's actually happened several times. 2 or 3 to be exact. I am also currently on a break, for about three weeks and will be going back on in 5 days when I finish cloaking skills. Pretty sure I'll enjoy it a lot again heh.
---------- Ignavus intereo multiplex pro suum nex. Fortis nunquam sapor nex tamen quondam. |

Ather Ialeas
True Foundation
|
Posted - 2008.03.19 00:18:00 -
[8]
Not in a real corp and completely ignoring the PvP aspect of Eve which drives everything else in game...your problem is pretty obvious.  |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |