| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mathin Storm
|
Posted - 2004.04.24 05:55:00 -
[1]
I have multiple computers connected to my cable modem through a router. I have been using a linksys BEFSR41 but it has started to crap out on me, so I switched to a netgear WGR614 v4. This router does not like to stay connected to eve.
What happens is after 10 minutes or so (haven't been able to lock down an exact time yet) I lose connection to the client. Everything seems ok, but if I try to open char stats or anything, it will bump me back to the login and say connection closed. If I switch that computer onto the DMZ, then it works fine but it still leaves my 2nd computer with the same problem.
I have been told that forwarding port 26000 to the computer will also work, but I can only forward that port to 1 computer at a time. So in order to play using my 2nd computer (wife plays with me), I need a different port to use. |

Mathin Storm
|
Posted - 2004.04.24 06:02:00 -
[2]
Well that has already got shot to hell. Opening port 26000 for that computer didn't fix it. It seems to only work on the DMZ. Ok I am lost now.
"DISCLAIMER" /shrug, guess its time for the obligatory "disclaimer" here
My posts on theese here boards are MY views and only mine. in NO way should they be associated with Devils League! |

Falco Rathnekar
|
Posted - 2004.04.24 06:06:00 -
[3]
Might want to try a different router. I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Router with my cable modem and can play both of my machines with EVE without any issues.
I'm sure other routers will work fine also as i wouldn't think this would be an issue. There may also be a fireware update for your router that you may want to check out... Just a thought. ____________________________________
Falco Rathnekar RAST Corporation |

Mathin Storm
|
Posted - 2004.04.24 06:28:00 -
[4]
Yah thats what I was thinking too. I have a friend that had the exact same problem but with a linsys router instead of netgear. Though with him, even the DMZ didn't work. He was going to get a netgear but got a Microsoft instead and has had 0 problems. I like the look of this little netgear, but I am afraid he will have to go back to bestbuy tomorrow.
So far I have been unhappy with Linksys and netgear. Microsoft I hear is good, though I didn't see one at best buy today. How are the d-links? (my price range is about $100)
"DISCLAIMER" /shrug, guess its time for the obligatory "disclaimer" here
My posts on theese here boards are MY views and only mine. in NO way should they be associated with Devils League! |

Ilia
|
Posted - 2004.04.24 19:04:00 -
[5]
If you can get hold of a cheap computer (very low spec) try giving Smoothwall a go. Excellent little system, and free (if you already have the spare computer). |

VeNT
|
Posted - 2004.04.24 22:41:00 -
[6]
check for some big firm thats upgrading their systems localy you may find they are willing to give you an ok speck PC
|

Menth
|
Posted - 2004.04.25 00:11:00 -
[7]
Me and my brother have been able to play fine on the linksys router. Try resetting it and updating the firmware which is easy to do.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |