| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Markus Chen
Caldari SECTOR V Shadows Incursion
|
Posted - 2008.05.03 01:32:00 -
[1]
I am having some serious graphics issues when un-docked and flying about. I get random flashes of white, icons of random modules having nothing to do with my inventory or load-out, planets and moons graphics being replaced with overview graphics etc etc. My eve client version I am running is 4.12.53162 which I believe is the latest. If I am wrong omg please tell me because the issues are bad enough, if not patched, to stop my playing of this game that I have REALLY liked so far. Hopefully I am just being dumb and this is an easy fix. Apparently my graphics card is a GMA 950 so I dunno if that offers any clues.
|

Elphy
Minmatar Warp badgers with guns
|
Posted - 2008.05.07 11:06:00 -
[2]
I get the same on my Macbook along with it locking after a few hours.
Considering the symptoms and what not it could be heat based artifacts which is odd as it can handle other games without issues its just eve atm that is causing this. If its not heat based then it could be something to do with the graphics drivers. That being said the intel graphics cards on their chip sets are not amazing.
|

Kano Sekor
Amarr modro CORPVS DELICTI
|
Posted - 2008.05.07 14:12:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Markus Chen Apparently my graphics card is a GMA 950 so I dunno if that offers any clues.
99% sure that the GMA 950 is not suppose to be able to handle that much load it shares its bus with the cpu if i remember correctly so you will eventually start seeing cached textures popping out in the screen and such.
Eve on macbook=> only for setting the skill and checking market maybe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
|

DeTroya
|
Posted - 2008.05.08 11:34:00 -
[4]
I currently run on a macbookpro but am looking to switch to a smaller lighter laptop. last night I was at apple store talking to them about which laptop to buy in regards to playing Eve. I was told that the graphics card in macbook is not able to handle this level of gaming and of course macbook air does not have enough juice to run it. My macbookpro does a good job. It is just an unwieldy machine to use as a portable. I don't know if you can upgrade your graphics card in the macbook. Good luck
|

Gareth Ravenclaw
Caldari Aquilan Corporation
|
Posted - 2008.05.12 10:13:00 -
[5]
The Macbook is not supported by any game that uses TransGamings Cider, the reason being that the integrated graphics chip is not very powerful and so the cider engine CCP used to port EVE is not supposed to run on the integrated cards. It might run but its not going to be anything very playable WoW main: Mellonyj Guildwars: Grace Healer Xbox Live: SeveringGecko
|

Pak Narhoo
Gallente Pacific Starfleet Command
|
Posted - 2008.05.12 14:57:00 -
[6]
Saving a dev 30 seconds: here are the EVE requirements:
Macintosh:
Minimal system requirements The client does not run on a PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Macintosh Machines (PowerMac). MacBook laptops are also not supported nor the Mac Mini. Supported hardware is MacBook Pro laptops, Mac Pro machines and iMacs. All these machines have to meet the following minimum requirements below: Intel based computer with CPU speed equal or greater than 1.8GHz OS: OS X 10.4.9 or later. Video: ATI X1600 or NVidia 7300 GT or higher with 128 MB of Video RAM RAM: 1024 MB or more HD space: 6 GB Network: 56k or better Internet connection Recommended system configuration
Intel based CPU 2GHz or better OS: OS X 10.4.9 or later Video: ATI X1900 or Nvidia 7600 RAM: 1GB HD space: 6 Gb or more Network: Broadband Internet connection
Markus: sorry you're out of luck. 
Originally by: Mr Cleann
When I mine. I like to mine in peace. Not in pieces.
|

brainball
GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2008.05.13 14:42:00 -
[7]
CCP have said that its not supported but might work to some extend at least that was in one of the threads here somewhere. You can always try to open a bug report about it and see what happens
|

Nlewis
GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2008.05.15 16:31:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Nlewis on 15/05/2008 16:34:12 edit: making a thread with a temp fix to make sure it is seen
|

THEHUNTER123
Minmatar Dawn of Fire Black-Out
|
Posted - 2008.05.17 11:41:00 -
[9]
i get zee same thing....
/me goes back to windows laptop I suck at sigs sum1 make me 1 =( |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |