| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Spud Gunn
|
Posted - 2008.05.10 15:05:00 -
[1]
According to the video card information page here, the premium client doesn't like GeForece Go cards... Is this still correct, and how much of an issue is it - won't run at all? runs but has funny moments?
I'm looking at buying a new laptop, and I have a choice between either a 128MB nVidia GeForce 8400M GS, or a 256MB nVidia GeForce Go 8600M GT for about the same price... seeing as how EVE is about the only game I play which needs much in the way of graphics, and I'd really like to be able to run the premium client (my desktop computer is a piece of crap...) it'd be kind of stupid to buy one which can't run it properly 
|

Astarte Nosferatu
Minmatar Canes Pugnaces
|
Posted - 2008.05.10 20:38:00 -
[2]
When in space, your ship, the stations, etc... are all just white. In station, your ship is white with a black background. The smaller pictures like your items or the market show properly though. Just installed Premium with a Geforce Go card and that's what I'm experiencing.
|

Spud Gunn
|
Posted - 2008.05.11 07:51:00 -
[3]
Well, that stinks. Sounds like a driver issue, but I guess it's not one that's likely to get fixed any time soon. Looks like I'll be getting the other one, then, and hope that 128MB is good enough to run it half-decently...
|

Jen Kobayashi
|
Posted - 2008.05.14 11:09:00 -
[4]
Are there any fixes for this as every laptop I've seen has one of these stupid cards in it 
|

Neonoodle
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.05.15 12:06:00 -
[5]
Well im playing EVE on my latop which has a 512Mb geforce Go 8600m GS init, and it seams to play fine. Not had any problems
|

UnShavenMonkey
Caldari Dragon's Rage Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2008.05.15 12:52:00 -
[6]
Oh god dont scare me i have a Geforce 8600M in my lappy and FINGERS CROSSED ive not had one issue tbh its been very very good to me Ѱv h¬vT t¦ =¬tO¦t thÇ ¦sºt t° ¬h¬±gF thÇ âvtn«O |

Tommy Undergrows
|
Posted - 2008.05.21 16:32:00 -
[7]
Does anyone know a good driver set for these cards that prevents the white out effect?
|

Ortemen Fenn
|
Posted - 2008.05.28 12:35:00 -
[8]
I have a Go7300 in my laptop, as soon as I tried the trinity graphics I started to have problems. After a few seconds in space the game would crash, repeatedly, every time.
I was directed to the following:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
And now I can run the game with the new skins. I don't use HDR, becasue it hits my framerate, but it does work.
These drivers are not perfect, they seem to make your laptop card more like a desktop one, so while you can run more stuff, I lost things like auto shutdown when I close my laptop (this makes mine crash sometimes). You also get more heat production so make sure your laptop is well ventilated.
|

Jilly Serkov
|
Posted - 2008.05.28 13:09:00 -
[9]
I have a GeForce Go 7400 in mine, and it happily plays the classic client, even on multiple accounts in backwater systems for a while until I get the rendering stall / image freeze between alternate session changes.
I wouldn't touch the premium grafix with a barge pole, and tbh, am not interested. I always run minimum settings that I can set for to maximise FPS. For me Eve is more about gameplay than looks. If they could introduce a low grade client that reduced load on my system / GPU I would run it. Even the classic client is way more fluffy than I need to enjoy Eve.
However, even having minimised everything, I am still plagued by "lag" which DOES mess with gameplay. This, for me is the priority.
|

Rheddin
|
Posted - 2008.05.29 15:02:00 -
[10]
I have an HP dv8000 with GeForce Go 7600 graphics.
It runs the premium client perfectly, no glitches, native widescreen LCD resolution, nice and smooth
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |