| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Managalar
|
Posted - 2004.05.01 06:52:00 -
[1]
I've tested quite a few setups on my ship, and I find that using a shield booster and armor repairer works out great. I stuck a Medium Automated I Carapace Restoration on my shield tank setup and was able to tank just about everything my corp m8s shot at me...so when I would see a big volley of EM torps or cruise missils incomming I'd just turn off the shield booster and let my armor eat them, and then turn my SB back on while my armor repairer fixed it up at 20hp/sec.
So anyway, why do most peoples tanking setups have only shield or armor, but hardly ever both =======Abaddon=======
=======Abaddon======= |

Melochus
|
Posted - 2004.05.01 06:55:00 -
[2]
Probably because its impractical. How effective were you at Shooting them?
|

Pandora Panda
|
Posted - 2004.05.01 08:03:00 -
[3]
Because its hard to tank if you have no cap - either you need lowslots for cap modules as a shield tank or midslots for cap modules for an armor tank, otherwise youre not going to last long against any serious attack.
Just get an EM/Thermal/Kinetic hardener + XL SB for your shield tank or Explosive/Thermal/Kinetic + 1-2 L Armor Repairers for your armor tank and you wont have to worry about low resistances to any one form of damage. -------------------------------------------- CONCORD: Kneecapping Pilots for Misdemeanors Since 2003 |

Managalar
|
Posted - 2004.05.01 08:26:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Managalar on 01/05/2004 08:29:21
Originally by: Pandora Panda Because its hard to tank if you have no cap
well, that was part of the point...optimize hp gained for energy spent...the setup did 98hp/second for a cost of 60cap/second
if I was just using an XLarge SB with Shield Boost amp I would get back 104hp/second for a cost of 80cap/second - this could be better if I could afford a named XL SB 
as for my damage output 4x1400mm & 4xMalkuth heavy launchers don't eat significant cap, and the gyro II is too nice to give up =======Abaddon=======
=======Abaddon======= |

Siddy
|
Posted - 2004.05.01 08:46:00 -
[5]
Basicks for tankking ...
Armor + Short range wepons (blaster tron is a good example)
Shield + Long range and fleet gankks ( warp core stabs, damage mods, energy modules) -------------------------------------------
|

Managalar
|
Posted - 2004.05.01 09:08:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Siddy Basicks for tankking ...
Ok, I guess I don't mean specifically just tanking...but rather all around survivability in PvP & PvE because my upcomming mission is mining op defence.
Further, un-named XL-SB + SB Amp costs 250tf, where 1 Large SB + SB Amp and 1 medium armor repairer costs 175tf (155tf with my equipment), I'd have to give up the warp stabs & damage mod if I wanted to fit an XL booster. =======Abaddon=======
=======Abaddon======= |

fras
|
Posted - 2004.05.01 11:24:00 -
[7]
From what I understand what you are explaining is a standard shield setup with a medium armour repairer. It's a cool way of thinking spreading your resistances between the two, but in practice I doubt it would work. Once your shields are down, and the person firing at you is doing most types of damages(even an apoc can hit u with lots of thermal/kinetic/exposive with a mix of lasers and launchers), a medium armour repairer with standard armour resistances is going to make virtually no difference. I'd be pleased if I was proven wrong though.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |