| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 5 post(s) |

Cor Aidan
KNIGHT'S OF THE ROUND ROOM ReZZerecteD AlckemisTs
|
Posted - 2008.05.20 22:55:00 -
[1]
I've not been able to run Singularity on the Mac since trying to update to 54006; even after performing a completely fresh install and updating to 55516, all I get is the application showing up for about 6 seconds in the dock then disappearing.
Any word on when singularity is going to be fixed for the Mac?
I already have a bug report in for this, and it was identified as "a known issue". Any other ideas on how to get back on Singularity?
|

Lord Loki
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.05.21 03:10:00 -
[2]
It would be nice to see an updated response from CCP. You would think that they would put this on the top of the list since there is no point working on new content if it will not work correctly for all customers.
I know they are very busy improving the game, but whatever changed in 54006 has caused a show stopper for Mac users.
|

Cyleus Taestar
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2008.05.21 04:51:00 -
[3]
Same thing as OP.
Fresh install patched to 55516 successfully. However, EVE will launch for 5-6 seconds before quitting out. I tried shutting down the laptop and pulling the battery to be sure that memory is clear but that didn't help.
Running fully patched 10.5.2 on Macbook w/ 1GB RAM.
|
|

CCP Casqade

|
Posted - 2008.05.21 10:16:00 -
[4]
Hi all.
We are aware of that the client has not worked for the last 2 weeks. What we first thought was a minor issue that caused the client not to start turned out to be a bigger one. This is being addressed and we are aiming to have a client ready before the end of the week. In worst case beginning of next.
|
|

maltari
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2008.05.21 13:07:00 -
[5]
Hi,
Is this related to what wine users are experiencing by any chance? (*) If so, will your changes fixes the issues in wine too, or will you fix this on the mac client only?
(*) We are getting the splashscreen, then a crash with that message on the console: blue.win32.ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER: [Error 87] Invalid parameter: 'CryptSetKeyParam'
Thanks.
|
|

CCP Casqade

|
Posted - 2008.05.21 13:38:00 -
[6]
Since we are only officially supporting Mac via Cider and Linux via Cedega, I cannot speak for wine. However, these issues will be solved on Cedega and Cider, which are the officially supported clients for EVE Online.
|
|

Cardice Makar
Dark Knights of Deneb Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2008.05.21 13:47:00 -
[7]
Originally by: maltari Hi,
Is this related to what wine users are experiencing by any chance? (*) If so, will your changes fixes the issues in wine too, or will you fix this on the mac client only?
(*) We are getting the splashscreen, then a crash with that message on the console: blue.win32.ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER: [Error 87] Invalid parameter: 'CryptSetKeyParam'
Thanks.
*scratches head* Might I ask what WINE build you're running and whether you have any odd patches? I play EVE on Wine daily and have never encountered this.
|

maltari
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2008.05.21 13:53:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Cardice Makar
*scratches head* Might I ask what WINE build you're running and whether you have any odd patches? I play EVE on Wine daily and have never encountered this.
It's only on sisi mind you. And I'm running plain old 1.0rc1 and I'm not the only one. See the wine thread in the linux section, as we are a bit offtopic here.
|

Cor Aidan
KNIGHT'S OF THE ROUND ROOM ReZZerecteD AlckemisTs
|
Posted - 2008.05.21 21:34:00 -
[9]
Thanks for the update, Casqade. I can definitely understand that what looks like a small issue is really something larger.
As a potential improvement to the process, is it possible to put a notice on the Mac patch page that indicates that "the client may not run on your computer - we are aware of this and are working on it"? Of course, I also understand that maybe it's best to make sure we're still paying attention here in the forums. 
|

Constantinee
Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams
|
Posted - 2008.05.22 17:27:00 -
[10]
how do i get a mac version of singularity for my mac? kinda just got the mac --------------------
|
|

CCP Casqade

|
Posted - 2008.05.22 17:33:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Cor Aidan Thanks for the update, Casqade. I can definitely understand that what looks like a small issue is really something larger.
As a potential improvement to the process, is it possible to put a notice on the Mac patch page that indicates that "the client may not run on your computer - we are aware of this and are working on it"? Of course, I also understand that maybe it's best to make sure we're still paying attention here in the forums. 
Great suggestion, this has been done now.
Originally by: Constantinee how do i get a mac version of singularity for my mac? kinda just got the mac
Here: http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=714213
|
|
|

CCP Casqade

|
Posted - 2008.05.24 17:27:00 -
[12]
This has been resolved.
|
|
|

CCP Explorer

|
Posted - 2008.05.24 22:41:00 -
[13]
Originally by: maltari Is this related to what wine users are experiencing by any chance? (*) If so, will your changes fixes the issues in wine too, or will you fix this on the mac client only?
(*) We are getting the splashscreen, then a crash with that message on the console: blue.win32.ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER: [Error 87] Invalid parameter: 'CryptSetKeyParam'
It's the same issue, TransGaming is going to update Cider and Cedega to support the new features we're using.
Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson Software Director EVE Online, CCP Games |
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |