| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kurenina
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 11:18:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Tibor Ferenc I cant give to fair an opinion as there are many good pilots I have not fought (or alongside). But hear are a few of the good ones:
...Bizzare (s/p?)...
To name but a few.
tib.
How can Bizarre be on this list, his hair is falling out for christ sake! 
|

Miso
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 11:47:00 -
[32]
Ive been very impressed with Faramir of Evol and TWD of m0o.
But there is no best PvP'er really.
Miso x -------------------------------------------- Dead
|

Lianhaun
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 11:54:00 -
[33]
Discorporation, he is such a nice guy and an excellent rper and pvp and pker etc etc
Sweetie, can i borrow some money now? 
This is not a hijack
|

Smith
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 11:55:00 -
[34]
Originally by: TWD heh, dalman is better at PvP than any of you CA nubjes
I thought we are supposed to be keeping this nice?
Sutty gets my vote. He scares me the most.
|

Jadrut
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 12:00:00 -
[35]
I nominate BoB the god of all godliness
|

Estios
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 12:06:00 -
[36]
Impossible to judge as some guys excel in fleet co-ordination which makes them very good IMHO but would not neccessary win many 1vs1's so its all how you judge things.
In a frigate 1vs1: Phenom had it nailed with Intys before anyone else.
Co-ordinating a fleet: Shrike, Stavros and Rainman spring to mind as does Lallante. How someone does this means more to me than how good they are 1v1 etc.
General PVP: Hyperbaton is pretty good but TWD and Omniwar both stand out from what Ive seen.
Corp vote I couldnt possibly say but a corp is only as strong as its weakest link so a purely pvp corp with few members would shine IMHO. That doesnt mean they are the strongest corp though.
So HMV consider Andy Williams and Dean Martin to be "easy listening" do they? Tell that to my mate Dave, he's been deaf for 20 years.
|

Karhig Duruckhai
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 12:09:00 -
[37]
As I'm primarily an interceptor pilot, the only single name that stands out is phenom.
He took three of my Crows down in three days, then I figured out what he was doing, and we havent had the oppertunity to go head to head since (I was in my Scorp yesterday, otherwise I would have done when you came around, sorry). One on One, the setup that he (and now I) use is incredibly difficult to beat, and he uses it exquisitly well. He's the one name that bothers me when it turns up in local.
Not had much of an oppertunity to fight outside of blobs other than in my frig, and I don't really pay attention to names inside the blobs, so I cant comment on those who I've only fought in a BS.
regards,
|

Katchin
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 12:49:00 -
[38]
Fleet wise:
ATUK and Zombie have mid sized tactics down pat. m0o are great individually (awesome loadouts mostly), but dont coordinate as well as others as they are too individualistic.
Huge Fleets: Most people are bad, usually due to communication issues. Some of the CA commanders have to get credit (like Chowdown) for being able to keep 30+ people doing exactly what they should be doing.
|

Destable
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 12:50:00 -
[39]
Jexter & Fist.
|

Omniwar
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 12:54:00 -
[40]
Like Estios said, there is no real mesurement other than opinions of who is the best PVP¦er in EVE and it has many different wich were people can excel at, few excamples.
Pilots
Frigates
Bob and Pooti were most likely the best pair of frigate fighters in EVE and I consider Bob the best solo frigate pilot today but many pilots are getting closer to his skills in that area but I think they will never match him.
Cruisers
This I am not sure of since I dont often see pilots in cruisers but I would not be surpriced from what I have heard if a pair and solo "best" pilots would come from Omega Corp.
Battleships
This is not a tough one since its TWD all the way, no matter what the ship, he has full knowlage of its functions, capabilities and limits and that makes him in my opinion and as he has shown so many times that he is the "best" PVP'er.
Corp/Team
No specialized catagories here since no single corp that is performing at its best relies on any one ship class.
m0o and Evolution are tied in this one and I¦ll explane why I think so.
I have fought Evolution both before I joined m0o and after and now I fight alongside them so I can judge them both as enemies and teammates and they excel at what they do, great pilots and a great leader.
Leader/Tactician
Who ever is calling the shots for m0o 
Of course this is biased as this is my opinion but my opinion is based on my previous experience in the past.
There are many who are very good but few who are great but no one is truly best since in the end its all down to luck. Spawn of the Devil
|

Cardassius
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 12:57:00 -
[41]
Funny though that only the corp are mentioned that fight a lot in big battles.
The only one that really stands out is Cyrus Virus.
And best corp, well i'd vote for m0o, why?
Because of these things: - They have honor. - They don't break their word. - They allways fight.
That's why they get my respect.
About corps, well I don't know a lot of them so I could be a bit biased! But as far as best pvp pilot Cyrus is/was the best.
ASCI Recruiting! |

Serge
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 13:05:00 -
[42]
Cyrus? He was cool, jep.
Though - Much like SlamD atm, Cyrus Virus half a year ago started using dual MWD making for his hit-n-run tactics pretty much impossible getting him killed. If u guys think Hit-an-run = PvP then sure Cyrus and SlamD were/are great fighters.
Rus and m0o i agree are cool fighters since we sometimes fight them so i can tell they are good :P
Leadership - m0o seems to have some able commanders, Shinra and RUS aswell; dont know many others since I¦m beginners level in PvP  ***********************************************
... "we suddenly have a good 2 dozen Chicken Littles running about proclaiming tha |

PirateShampoo
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 14:28:00 -
[43]
VOTF = winner. Very good fighters and leadership.
Funniest corp has to be Sharks with Frikin Laser Beams. (off topic I know, but those guys are damn funny)
Do you like movies about Gladiators? |

olyyy
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 14:35:00 -
[44]
Edited by: olyyy on 13/05/2004 14:37:48 For best pvper or at least one of the best: Abisha A bit forgotten since she's not fighting much in XIF however she is still one of the top pvper imo. One of the top Tempest pilot. I've been using several of her Tempest setups myself with a few modifications and I have to admit they are great. A forgotten pvper for now but who knows if there won't be any weaking up 
As for one of the best pvp team, I'll add SteelVipers to m0o, Evolution etc... Good fittings, good teamplay... They can do much damages.
Galaga (Galaxian - XIF corp) And yes, Olyyy is on our KOS list so she enjoys stirring the "flames" ( 2004.05.25 ) |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 16:29:00 -
[45]
Con'Mal, redi, Draximus Prime, and Claveman are my nominations for best PVP'er's.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Methos
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 17:14:00 -
[46]
I remember back in the day when the old school moo caused fear and loathing throughout the eve universe. j0rt is one that springs to mind but seeing as he has dropped off TWD of the new moo is a good pvp. just my 2isk.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." ARISTOTLE |

Rod Blaine
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 18:08:00 -
[47]
Well, I haven't fought him, or most of those mentioned, in 1v1, but Drunkenmaster is a name I miss here.
Is he even still around (havent seen any posts recently) ?
Anyway, his balls to the wall style on the megathron (one of the first to realize iit's blasterpotential i think) has made somewhat of an impression with me. But thena again, its all hearsay. _______________________________________________
Yes yes, blogging is passÚ I know. Rod's Ramblingz on Eve-Online Solutions to your issues. |

Vangelis
|
Posted - 2004.05.13 19:17:00 -
[48]
Yes i have come up against phenom and his sidekick Skygrazer?? any way both are excellent crow pilots worthy of a good fight.
But as ppl have mentioned b4 there are may good pilots and ship setups make almost as much a diffrence as a pilot...so i dont think there is a clear top 10 pilots but perhaps ther are about 30-40 pilots out there that are comperable.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |