| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Scoundrelus
Corp 1 Allstars The Requiem
|
Posted - 2008.06.27 01:31:00 -
[1]
I'm having the most messed up experience with EVE. First of all let me start by saying I am aware of the problem with Virgin Media, and I am aware that CCP seems to think all issues related to not connecting are ISP/Router related. However I do not understand how I was running just fine with Tranquility and then BOOM, I switch to Empyrean and all hell breaks loose. If these was a persistant problem I'd understand it better but here are the variables:
-Sometimes I can connect while most of the time I cannot -Most of the time I get Server Status Unknown -Sometimes I get Server Status, 24,762 players -When I try to connect when I see the 24,762 players, it hangs on "Authenticating"
My ISP is Acanac and I have a Speedstream Wireless router. I will not get a new ISP and my router is not firewalling anything. I'm lost, I have no idea what to do. This seems to be a little bit separate from the Virgin problem but similar effect all the same: me not being able to log in and play the game that I pay 45$ a month for. Has anyone got any insight that may set this apart from an ISP/Router problem?
|

Dar Qsyde
End Game Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.06.27 03:50:00 -
[2]
I've been having intermittent connection problems myself since the optional patches came out but as the EVE-O forums also go down when it happens it is likely un-related to that(directly).
I know there there is a borked connection in Chicago... if you run tracert it's the bx-3..bell.ca connection.
Hope this helps. "You don't know the power..."
I post with my main...What about you? |

SAS Kinghtwing
|
Posted - 2008.06.27 10:02:00 -
[3]
I'm having connection issues too. I have great difficulty connecting to the server and if i manage to log in then I sometimes can't get passed entering the game after character selection. The times I do get into the game I experience server disconnections regularly.
This doesn't happen all the time though. It seems to be happening between the hours of 17:00 and 23:00 loacal time in New Zealand. (23:00 happens to be EVE DT). I can only think that the connection issues are related to internet usage in New Zealand during the peak times when everyone is home from work and school.
During the day and the late night/early hours of the morning the connection seems fine. I have run ping plotter a few times and have noticed not many packets are being lost. Also the ping I'm getting during the evenings is better then I'm getting when I'm playing during the day or early ours of the morning. So I just don't understand what the problem could be. Also the connection issues occured before the option updates and recent patch.
Here is a copy of the pig plotter results, the average pings I get when I'm having no connection issues is the same or higher...
Target Name: N/A IP: 87.237.38.200 Date/Time: 27/06/2008 21:47:10 to 27/06/2008 21:57:00
Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg Host Name / [IP] 1 60 0 0.0 0 0 0 [My IP address] 2 60 0 0.0 0 1 0 [My router IP] 3 60 1 1.7 11 636 98 lo-1.exr01.nct.orcon.net.nz [60.234.8.17] 4 60 1 1.7 10 613 96 ge-0-0-3-200.cre1.nct.orcon.net.nz [121.98.9.17] 5 60 0 0.0 10 613 103 ge-0-3-0-200.cr1.nct.orcon.net.nz [60.234.9.1] 6 60 0 0.0 10 642 106 ge-2-2-0.gw4.akl1.asianetcom.net [203.192.166.69] 7 60 0 0.0 11 640 102 gi9-3.gw1.akl1.asianetcom.net [202.147.55.209] 8 60 0 0.0 190 825 282 po0-0.gw1.sjc1.asianetcom.net [202.147.50.129] 9 60 0 0.0 200 812 292 po1-0.gw2.sjc1.asianetcom.net [202.147.50.166] 10 60 0 0.0 168 758 274 ge6-12.br01.sjo01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.7.93] 11 60 0 0.0 344 1039 462 telecity.ge9-9.br02.ldn01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.13.222] 12 60 0 0.0 344 936 444 [217.20.44.226] 13 60 0 0.0 344 1046 448 [217.20.44.138] 14 60 0 0.0 344 960 442 [87.237.38.200]
|

Scoundrelus
Corp 1 Allstars The Requiem
|
Posted - 2008.06.27 14:12:00 -
[4]
To be honest, I renewed my 3 accounts about a week ago, thats 35$ US. All I've been able to do in those three weeks is fly to another region with two of my accounts and since then I've not been able to log in. Not even to change a skill. This is not even an inconvenience, personally if this doesn't get fixed soon I think I and all affected in this way are entitled to their money back since we're paying for a service that we just aren't getting.
|

Mandrake lord999
|
Posted - 2008.06.28 04:27:00 -
[5]
Originally by: SAS Kinghtwing Edited by: SAS Kinghtwing on 27/06/2008 10:25:56 I'm having connection issues too. I have great difficulty connecting to the server and if i manage to log in then I sometimes can't get passed entering the game after character selection. The times I do get into the game I experience server disconnections regularly.
This doesn't happen all the time though. It seems to be happening between the hours of 17:00 and 23:00 loacal time in New Zealand. (23:00 happens to be EVE DT). I can only think that the connection issues are related to internet usage in New Zealand during the peak times when everyone is home from work and school.
During the day and the late night/early hours of the morning the connection seems fine. I have run ping plotter a few times and have noticed not many packets are being lost. Also the ping I'm getting during the evenings is better then I'm getting when I'm playing during the day or early ours of the morning. So I just don't understand what the problem could be. Also the connection issues occured before the option updates and recent patch.
Here is a copy of the pig plotter results, the average pings I get when I'm having no connection issues is the same or higher...
Target Name: N/A IP: 87.237.38.200 Date/Time: 27/06/2008 21:47:10 to 27/06/2008 21:57:00
Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg Host Name / [IP] 1 60 0 0.0 0 0 0 [My IP address] 2 60 0 0.0 0 1 0 [My router IP] 3 60 1 1.7 11 636 98 lo-1.exr01.nct.orcon.net.nz [60.234.8.17] 4 60 1 1.7 10 613 96 ge-0-0-3-200.cre1.nct.orcon.net.nz [121.98.9.17] 5 60 0 0.0 10 613 103 ge-0-3-0-200.cr1.nct.orcon.net.nz [60.234.9.1] 6 60 0 0.0 10 642 106 ge-2-2-0.gw4.akl1.asianetcom.net [203.192.166.69] 7 60 0 0.0 11 640 102 gi9-3.gw1.akl1.asianetcom.net [202.147.55.209] 8 60 0 0.0 190 825 282 po0-0.gw1.sjc1.asianetcom.net [202.147.50.129] 9 60 0 0.0 200 812 292 po1-0.gw2.sjc1.asianetcom.net [202.147.50.166] 10 60 0 0.0 168 758 274 ge6-12.br01.sjo01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.7.93] 11 60 0 0.0 344 1039 462 telecity.ge9-9.br02.ldn01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.13.222] 12 60 0 0.0 344 936 444 [217.20.44.226] 13 60 0 0.0 344 1046 448 [217.20.44.138] 14 60 0 0.0 344 960 442 [87.237.38.200]
EDIT: Orcon.net and Asianetcom.net seem to be the servers having issues. These ones have come up with ERR (Error) next to ping time in ping plotter. Is anyone else having issues with these peeps?
I too am a New Zealand Eve player who recently moved to auckland and signed up with orcon's new adsl 2 plans. wow they are fast im getting a good solid 20 mbit to most of the places i visit.... eve however is the bigest drop fest i have ever seen in my life!! i cannot stay connected for more than 20 minutes at a time and its driving me insaine. Is their anyone else who playes eve from New Zealand who is also experiancing these issues. its been 5 days now and i just cant take it anymore. is it possible to route my traffic through a proxy in another country. if so the extremely slow speed is better than an unplayable game which i love/pay for!!
orcon sez they are buying more international bandwidth rights next week.... really cause i think thats BS
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |